Oakcroft House Care Home

Oakcroft Road, West Byfleet KT14 6JG

Oakcroft House employs a professional team of dedicated staff who provide residents with a wide range of care provision, from long term to respite stays, all personalised to support the individual. As well as offering nursing care, the team at Oakcroft offer care to those who are living with dementia, Parkinson's and the the young physically disabled as well as offering expert care to those with palliative requirements.

The large house features many areas for residents to spend time in, and welcome friends and family into the home. With wheelchair friendly pathways throughout the large garden, the surroundings and sensory gardens are ideal for enjoying the summer months. All bedrooms have ensuite facilities and are pleasantly decorated and furnished. There is an onsite library and residents also have access to Wifi, relaxation therapies, a nutritionist and an optician.

The chef produces tasty seasonal meals every day to ensure residents eat a variety of delicious and healthy food.

Regular activities such as bird watching, music therapy, and gentle exercises are organised to keep residents active and engaged within the homes community as well as regular days out to the cinema and theatre.

Person in charge: Oggie Gelacio (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Head/Brain Injury • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Oakcroft House Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Oakcroft House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Oakcroft House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.621 for Oakcroft House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (172 Excellents x 5) + (53 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) + (2 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 240 Ratings = 4.621

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Oakcroft House Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 1.000

9.6 Oakcroft House Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.621) from 21 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Oakcroft House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Oakcroft House Care Home

Our experience of Oakcroft House Care Home has been a very happy one. Everyone goes the extra mile with a smile on their face and I am happy for my husband to continue in their care.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Service Adviser at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 18 Apr 2018:

I'm glad that your husband is well cared for at Oakcroft House. Our amazing care staff go above and beyond for our residents and their families. Thank you for your review.

We are very happy with my brother's care.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Services Administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 12 Apr 2018:

I'm really glad to hear that you're happy with your brother's care, thank you for your review.

When my uncle required nursing care there really was an obvious choice for me and that was Oakcroft, who had cared for my aunt at the end of her life so well. The team at Oakcroft remembered him from when he visited my aunt and were delighted to welcome him. I really didn't think he would survive the journey from the hospital and so was thrilled to hear that a day after arriving he was in the Activities Room! He has since gone from strength to strength thanks to the care of all the staff at Oakcroft. Nothing is ever too much trouble. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is considering nursing care for a relative. We have since celebrated my uncle's 90th birthday, a day we didn't think he would see!

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 21 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words about our home and staff. It is so lovely to hear how well your uncle is and that he is enjoying the activities. I'm sure he enjoyed his birthday also, a day to remember.

My husband was looked after extremely well during his two-week stay at Oakcroft House. He was encouraged to leave his bedroom and visit the Activities Room which he has refused to do at previous times.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Likely

Thank you for your review and kind words. It is lovely to that your husband joined in with the activities.

I liked Oakcroft House as soon as I entered. It has a lovely homely feel and a calming atmosphere. Everything is kept spotlessly clean and the meals are very appetising. (I know I have tried some myself). The staff are all lovely, very caring and nothing is too much trouble. The home is situated in a nice quiet location, away from busy roads and has a nice secluded garden. My sister is very happy there and is enjoying the company and many activities on offer every day.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 20 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words. I'm so pleased to hear that your sister is happy and that she is enjoying the activities.

From the very first time I saw Oakcroft House Care Home, I thought there was a wonderful atmosphere. Everything was fully explained to me by the manangement and the head sister. My wife was extremely well cared for and I can find no fault. All the nursing staff are 10/10. My wife was there for 20 months and she connected well with all the staff singing with them from time to time. I have been invited to go whenever I feel like it.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager

My Dad has recently moved to Oakcroft House at the end of June. He has settled in very well and this is a testament to the fantastic team working there. As a regular visitor, I am always made to feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble. Great work!

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 01 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that your dad has settled in well and I'm sure he will make new friends with both the residents and staff, you must have peace of mind knowing that he is happy and well cared for.

Before placing my father in Oakcroft, I did a lot of research into similar Nursing Homes and have absolutely no regrets regarding the decision I made.
The Home Manager and the Head of Care and every member of staff were thoroughly professional, caring and supportive to both my father during his stay and to me and my wife.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 25 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

I cannot rate Oakcroft House highly enough. My grandfather consistently said how wonderful the home was, and how amazing the staff are. I felt extremely reassured he was receiving excellent care and that he retained his dignity right up until the end of his life. It seemed to me that the staff have a lot of heart, and really cared about him.
I can't thank them all enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 22 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team

During the time I have been visiting my relative at Oakcroft House (12 months) the low turnover of staff has ensured consistency in the care provided. The carers have been able to build relationships with the residents and understand their individual needs at a time when change is difficult. I have always found the staff to be polite, friendly and considerate in all dealings with residents and visitors. I would have no hesitation in recommending this home to others looking for this type of provision.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 11 May 2017:

Whenever my husband and I have visited the home we have been welcomed by the staff who have given us time to discuss matters. We have been kept fully informed and we remain confident that our friend is being well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer sercices administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 02 May 2017:

My sister has been a resident at Oakcroft Care Home for the last ten years. During that time I have always found the management and staff to be extremely efficient and friendly and the care provided is of a very good standard at all times. Whenever my sister needed to go to the hospital or dentist, that was organised and she was always accompanied as necessary. The atmosphere in the home is a relaxed one. It is always clean and tidy. The rooms are very well equipped on all levels. Although I am unable to comment on the food, the setting in the dining area and the gardens is very nice. There has been one change in the home management during that time and both managers proved to be extremely competent and very efficient in running the care home. Overall, Oakcroft is a brilliant home from home, for any loved ones who need it and I can't recommend it highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 26 Apr 2017:

Thank you so much fro sharing your lovely feedback with us, we really appreciate seeing your comments. I am so pleased that you have had positive experiences with Oakcroft House and the care they have provided for your Sister. We really appreciate the fact that you would recommend this home to others. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Although the home could do with some refurbishment, I would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone as the staff are very kind, friendly, caring and professional. I think I was very fortunate to find this home where I know my mother is well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate it. I am so pleased that you are happy with Oakcroft House and the care they are providing for your Mother, and that you would recommend this home to others. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My Father was a resident of Oakcroft House for nearly 10 years. He suffered a series of strokes that in the end, left him needing total care. We had no hesitation in using Oakcroft as my Mother had spent the last 6 years of her life there with Alzheimer's.

In my many years of visiting, the core values have remained the same. The dignity and well-being of the resident. Many of the staff have remained the same since I first went in, in 1999 and their compassion and regard for the resident shines out in all they do!

I have visited at every time of the day and night and never seen anything that has caused me to have a concern for either of my parents. The food is truly outstanding and a highlight of the day. The home may not be "plush" as some newer ones but if you are looking for care - this is the place.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 10 Apr 2017:

Sorry to hear of your loss please accept our condolences. It is a pleasure to hear that both your parents were looked after with the dignity and care that you would give to your parents yourself. It is lovely to know that our residents family's don't have to worry about the care that their family members are receiving and have peace of mind. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Top class care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

Excellent food.
Excellent activities all day.
Excellent staff.
Best care home - 7 stars.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife was here for two years with advanced Alzheimer's with contractures. Nursing care was good. Most residents up by 11-12 noon for lunch and are put to bed or in their rooms by 3 pm. Those that still downstairs have very little contact with the staff as they are too busy - hence very little stimulation. Would not recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Unlikely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 18 Jan 2017:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of care at one of our homes. Our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please, can you contact our customer services team by emailing feedback@bupa.com so that we can discuss this feedback further?

Seven stars care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 01 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very warm and welcoming home.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 03 May 2016:

The care and staff are first class. Very friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakcroft House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customert Service Administrator at Oakcroft House Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Fantastic, competent and caring staff who treated my mother with respect and dignity at all times. Friendly environment with an extremely approachable Matron who made time to talk to and reassure both Mum and the family at a very difficult time. Really appreciate everyone who made Mum feel at ease, comfortable and safe during her final weeks. Thank you.

Submit a Review for Oakcroft House Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oakcroft House Care Home