Copper Beech Care Home

Eastbourne Road, Ridgewood, Uckfield TN22 5ST

Copper Beach House is custom-built for a wide range of nursing care needs, these can include post-operative care, convalescence and palliative care. Respite and long-term care packages are put together by experienced professionals and tailored to individual requirements.

A purpose-built property has modern safety features, underfloor heating and is wheelchair accessible. Comfortable furniture is colour co-ordinated and the patio and garden areas are great for relaxing in.

Special diets and tastes are catered for, with the home taking mealtimes seriously and welcoming visitors to join in for a small charge.

An active lifestyle is supported, with carers helping residents to access the hobbies and interests that inspire them and there are many events for both clients and their loved ones to get involved with.

Person in charge: Gillian Carter (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 48 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Copper Beech Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Copper Beech Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Copper Beech Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.392 for Copper Beech Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (132 Excellents x 5) + (77 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) + (9 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 232 Ratings = 4.392

The 4.625 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Copper Beech Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.6 positive Reviews (48 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 9.6 Target = 0.625

9 Copper Beech Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (9.017) from 20 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Copper Beech Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Copper Beech Care Home

My husband moved from a previous care home to Copper Beech mainly to make it easier to visit. I am so pleased he was accepted.
He loves it there and I can't praise the management or staff highly enough for their care.
He is treated with kindness and dignity.
There is always something going on if he wants to join in but has the quiet and privacy of his room if he doesn't.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Services Administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 11 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your lovely review about our home and staff at Copper Beech and I'm glad to hear that your husband is happy and comfortable there.

Everything was very good. Staff were excellent but I felt there should be a few more staff on at times.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 28 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home.

I cannot speak highly enough of the care my dad is receiving at Copper Beech. He has settled in well and is enjoying the lovely homemade meals. There are activities/entertainment every afternoon which, much to my amazement, he has joined in with and enjoyed. (Even a yoga class and making a lavender bag!).
The staff are attentive and seem to know the personal requirements/personality of each resident.
I leave him every day knowing that he is in safe hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 19 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your dad has settled well and that he is joining in with all the different activities and enjoying his food.

From the day my mum began her stay for palliative care, to the time she passed away, all the staff and nurses were first class, we could not fault them. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 20 Sep 2017:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

My mother was admitted to Copper Beach in June.
From the beginning of her stay she was warmly welcomed. Her room was ready, there was a very pretty hand written card to welcome her giving the name of the sister and her initial carer, a very nice personal touch.
Her room and ensuite facility were clean. Two windows were open just enough to let some air in the room, allowing it to be warm and welcoming.
During my mother's stay we were allowed to come and go as we liked. We personalised her room to help her feel at home.
Every member of staff we encountered was friendly and helpful and seemed to be on hand to answer any questions with ease. They were all caring, kind and professional and nothing was too much trouble. I am also certain that when I wasn't there my mum always knew there was a member of staff not too far away.
Mum although having palliative care told me on a few visits how nice the staff were and how she'd had a joke with some of them. So that was really nice to know.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jun 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept our condolences. It is the little things like the card that make such a difference. I'm sure in time to come it will be a comfort to you knowing that she could have a joke and a laugh with the staff and that she was happy.

Having been in management I found it strange that the house manager did not do a weekend duty who was in overall charge.
The overall complaint was the food, one doesn't expect hotel food, but no imagination, poorly cooked green very and over boiled and I would say that the allowance for the food is not very generous.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.”

A warm, welcoming nursing home where it is small enough to be family. Tight knit and long-stay team of nurses and carers. Excellent liaising and support from local GP surgery. No unpleasant odour and have experienced committed Rn's who are personal but not over familiar. Well-placed nursing stations for good understanding of all care and safety. Very pleasant patio garden at back. The only disadvantage is that the rooms are very small.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer sercices administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 03 May 2017:

Management and staff are professional, pleasant and helpful. They show interest in and care for my wife. It is a safe and welcoming environment. My wife receives good and friendly respite care here.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer sercices administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 02 May 2017:

Family atmosphere with such friendly staff who really care and pay great attention to detail in looking after my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 04 Apr 2017:

Thank you for sharing your lovely review with us, we appreciate your feedback. I am pleased that you are impressed by Copper Beech and the staff. I will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My husband went to Copper Beech for respite initially and we were very pleased with the home. In January he collapsed and went to hospital and it was decided that he needed full-time care. We did not hesitate to book him into Copper Beech. The staff and management are excellent and he is very happy and well looked after. I visit him regularly and the staff are always welcoming. I am very happy that the decision was made for him to be in full-time care at Copper Beech - it is his second home!

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am so pleased that you are impressed with the home and that your husband enjoys his time whenever he is in Copper Beech. It is our duty to make the residents feel at home, so I am pleased to hear it is like his second home! The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Mum has been declining in health for the last few years. Ending up in A&E this last December forced us to look for a more permanent solution for mum's health and wellbeing. Copper Beech fitted her needs and ours. The staff are friendly, approachable and the food is excellent. There are no 'bad lingering smells' and hygiene is excellent. Mum is now happier and we are reassured she is being cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

I feel safe and secure, comfortable and clean, like a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

I am very settled here. Everyone is very good and take care of me.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

The home has a very caring attitude and the nurses and staff attend to my needs very well.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been a resident for 15 months and have been happy and content with no complaints. I am mobile with a stick and am free to walk about, "in" and "out" with permission, within the boundary. We have a community spirit with staff and residents as applicable.
The environment is comfortable and reasonable and suits my needs. Medically it is good here and reliable, with doctors available weekly if needs be.
Overall it is pleasant, safe and satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

My whole family are very disappointed with Copper Beech, we found the majority of carer's cold and unhelpful, it took ages to find a carer/nurse when you needed one. They always seemed very short staffed, which I find totally unacceptable given the prices they charge!! The communal areas were empty most of the time, you could be visiting for 2/3 hours and not see anyone walking about even! Most of the residents seem to lay in their rooms all day, I only ever saw one lady sat at a table in the dining room upstairs when I visited, which was at least 2/3 times a week.
My grandmother had a family member visit every day and we are all of the same opinions. Copper Beech is making a lot of money, they need to invest in some decent, cheerful caring staff that actually WANT to be there and do the job! A new manager that spends more time out the office, checking on staff and residents also needs to happen, in my opinion! Thank goodness my grandmother was only there 2 months!

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Unlikely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 30 Aug 2016:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of care at one of our homes. Our residents’ health and wellbeing are our absolute priority. We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please, can you contact our customer services team by emailing feedback@bupa.com so that we can discuss this feedback further?

My Mother went to live at 'Copper Beech Care Home' in October 2015 after leaving hospital with pneumonia and was very weak and frail. Throughout her stay at Copper Beech Care Home she received good care, good food and a very personal level of her needs. I cannot thank the staff enough for looking after Mother in her final few weeks of her life. Mother passed away on Sunday 10th July after three harrowing weeks when she was so ill. The staff gave me so much support through this difficult time and couldn't ask for better support and nursing needs. I owe Copper Beech Care Home so much - Mother died in a caring and loving environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 03 Aug 2016:

My mother received wonderful care and attention from the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 28 Jul 2016:

My mother spent 3 1/2 weeks here at the end of her life suffering from terminal cancer. She was bed bound. The staff treated her with dignity and respect and did their best to keep her pain free although she did experience break through pain. They frequently called the GP out and always made a point of updating me on what was going on and always had time to answer my questions. Rooms are a good standard, atmosphere clam and peaceful. Certain staff are skilled in end of life care. I'm so glad my mum ended her life at Copper Beech rather than in hospital.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Copper Beech Care Home responded to this review on 07 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I can not thank all the staff enough for all their help and excellent care given to my husband. I will recommend this nursing home to all my friends.

Submit a Review for Copper Beech Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Copper Beech Care Home