Brooklands Care Home

Costessey Lane, Drayton, Norwich NR8 6HB

Brooklands Care Home is a Norfolk facility, owned by Carebase, with nursing and dementia expertise, that looks to allow for a flexible lifestyle amongst its residents, through activity programmes, community initiatives and access to various therapies.

Residents enjoy a renovated interior with elegant decorations and comfortable furnishings, together with a range of modern technology used to increase the security, health and hygiene levels of the service.

A versatile menu is another popular addition, arranged to cater for all dietary needs and sourced from fresh local produce.

Group: Carebase Ltd

Person in charge: Julia Chapman-Wright (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 70 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Brooklands Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Brooklands Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 26 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Brooklands Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.864 for Brooklands Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (267 Excellents x 5) + (40 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 308 Ratings = 4.864

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Brooklands Care Home is based on 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14 positive Reviews (70 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 17 Reviews ÷ 14 Target Reached = 1

9.9 Brooklands Care Home has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.864) from 26 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Brooklands Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Brooklands Care Home

• Sister-in-law of Resident/Service User

The premises is in very good order inside and out. Well presented gardens and communal rooms throughout.

The staff are professional, fun and caring. They engage very well with residents and visitors alike.

The administration of medication and care plans are excellent and communication to families and very good. The food is great and the staff work hard to engage across the board.

An excellent firework display and BBQ today typified the hard work from the management and staff go to make it such a wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Found everything Auntie needs is available to her and her wishes respected.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mums and all the families experience of the home have been of excellent standards.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot imagine anywhere that would have kinder, more caring staff at every level. There is always a friendly, homely atmosphere with lots of laughter amongst staff and residents.
I feel very confident that my mother is receiving the highest standard of all-round care.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

At Brooklands, we are one big happy family with kind understanding carers looking after our every need. My husband has lived at Brooklands for almost 4 years now and for me, it has become my second home. I feel relaxed and happy there and I know my husband is well looked after. I have every confidence in the nursing staff and all the staff work together well as a team. The food is excellent and there is good entertainment and activities most days. Brooklands is a happy home. I would recommend it to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad is 98 years old and blind but mentally alert. Staff are very caring and considerate to his needs and to his well being. He has been a resident for more than four years and has been content and well cared for throughout that time. There was a blip in the management for a short time but this is now excellent. I always feel welcome at whatever time I visit and staff make an effort to know me and consult me about his care and his wishes.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

We have found Brooklands to be a very caring and friendly home for our relative. The staff are always helpful nothing is too much trouble. Our sister-in-law is happy and well cared for which makes us happy too. Thank you, Brooklands.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is very happy at Brooklands. She receives first-class care and her individual needs are met without fail. This keeps the rest of the family happy knowing that she is being well treated.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

It's the second time mum has been in Brooklands, they helped me out the first time after I had booked mum into somewhere else. After 3 hours they asked me to collect her as they couldn't cope!! Despite them knowing that mum has Alzheimer's!

Brooklands was polar opposite with mum able to be herself! Walk around and enjoy the facilities. I wouldn't hesitate to put mum in there for respite in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My daughter had got to the point when she needed a great deal of care and I was unable to provide the security and safety she needed.
Brooklands Care Home has accepted the duty of care in an exceptional way on all fronts. The environment is bright and comfortable but most important of all, as soon as you enter the home, there is such a friendly and caring atmosphere that you feel your loved one will be looked after with care and tenderness, just as you would wish for them.
I cannot thank you enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Before my sister came to Brooklands my mother and I felt isolated and alone with our worries and care for her. Your very special staff have made us feel they genuinely care for my sister and we feel secure in the knowledge that she is in safe and loving hands.
For us, this is priceless.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Brooklands is genuinely incredible and has been since day one my mum has lived there. The manager has been superbly helpful and supportive through the time mum has been there. All of the staff have been wonderful in helping her settle in; fantastically, enthusiastically, brilliantly and attentive to all of her needs. I can't recommend Brooklands highly enough. All the staff are a credit to their profession.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

The first impression is superb. Clean, bright, airy and very friendly, helpful staff.
The rooms are good and nicely furnished.
The residents are treated extremely well.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot recommend or praise the care given here too highly.
The staff are amazing. Everyone engages as soon as you come through the door, always cheerfully and happy, which reflects the whole atmosphere of the home.
The care and attention given to each resident is superb. From those needing physical, mental and general day to day care to those needing end of life care. The staff are always considerate of residents requirements and maintain a very high standard of care whilst at the same time maintaining dignity.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff whether dealing with residents or relatives and every service is carried out in such a cheerful manner, it is a pleasure to visit.
My sister-in-law, who was, understandably, reluctant to acknowledge that she was unable to cope on her own, has been made so welcome and given every care she needs, has taken an amazingly short time to settle and is so much more like the person we knew and loved many years ago.
Well done, thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Everyone at Brooklands is so kind and caring, from the moment you walk through the doors you feel at home, and there is a welcoming, clean, bright, atmosphere. There is almost a sense of fun in the air that you would not think it is a care/nursing home. Brooklands cared for my mum when she could no longer cope and I could not do what they did. Her last few months were happy. She was content and I know she was in safe hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

I'm a very protective daughter some would say OCD... I love my mum beyond words, this home that mum came to in September 2016 is completely and utterly amazing. I have never come across such loving friendly dedicated people who truly embrace their work , nothing is ever too much trouble for any staff member, carers are happy and very kind, nurses are dedicated and very hands on and always have time to speak to family members about their loved ones, great food plenty of choices, good activities something for everyone should you wish to take part, laundry service on a daily basis and it's all led by a fantastic manager and deputy, who always greet you with a smile and they always know everything about their residents which for me is amazing. It's a hotel in so many ways but most important, a terrific home. My mum is so happy here which means I can sleep at night. So a big thank you to all who work so very hard at Brooklands.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have no bad things to say about Brooklands, only good. My wife is in a 'continued care room' and it was my choice that we attended Brooklands. Of all the local care homes I looked at, Brooklands stood out as being the best, and my assessment was correct. There doesn't seem to be anything that phases them, and everyone is treated fairly and with respect and dignity. I cannot find fault at all, just sincere thanks for the way they look after and care for my wife.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting my mum for 3 months at the home and have found it a very well run and relaxing place to visit. All management welcoming with nurses and staff offering exceptional care. It is also a nice touch offering family and relatives food and drink whilst spending quality time together. Big thank you to all staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum had to give up her home and was put into another place, which wasn't very good, we went to Brooklands and was amazed at the difference, staff were very helpful the whole place was such a breath of fresh air. Mum moved in asap. Mum is looked after every step of the way and in every way she needs. Mum is very content and happy, she loves her room which is very cosy and homely, I can't fault Brooklands, so happy we found this for our mum, we dont need to worry now as Brooklands take care of mum as she deserves the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy now to see my Mother-in-law and Father-in-law being cared for very well. My husband and I live in Texas and need to know they are in safe hands. They both have dementia but with different needs. They seem very settled and happy. I find the care home friendly and caring and am sure they will listen if there are any problems and correct them, but so far so good. Thank you or giving my husband and I peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been receiving care at Brooklands and has responded so very well. This is down to the staff and managements outstanding person centred approach. They are kind, patient and have tailored the care to meet her needs. In a truly difficult time they have kept me reassure and I leave Brooklands confident my mum is receiving the best care. I am truly grateful for all they have done and continue to do.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

It's fab! My husband was the GP. My father died here and my mother and her sister live here.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has been a resident of Brooklands since May 2012 and has always received the highest level of care. The staff are genuinely caring and they create a very warm and friendly atmosphere for everybody. The food and facilities are excellent and visitors are always welcome. It is very comforting to know that my father is being looked after in such a lovely environment where all the residents are treated with dignity.
I would recommend Brooklands without any hesitation.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since being at Brooklands my mum has been cared for to suit her needs in the best possible way, Brooklands is a lovely environment. The staff are great with mum's needs, she is very settled on Treetops, the staff are fantastic with her care and friendly to all of us. We feel as a family that mum is in a safe environment, and looked after very well. Brooklands stands out from a lot of other care homes, the staff are all great and are very supportive.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

I come several times a week to visit my sister. All of the staff are very nice and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Clean comfortable home. Caring staff always willing to help and assist if needed. Nice food. Secure environment.

Submit a Review for Brooklands Care Home

Top 20 Mid-size Care Home Groups 2018

Recipient: Carebase Ltd

Top 20 Mid-size Care Home Groups 2017

Recipient: Carebase Ltd

Julia

Julia Chapman-Wright

Joined: 2008

Julia has been in integral part of the Brooklands Care Team since January 2008, the majority of which has been in a management position at the home. Julia brings with her a wealth of knowledge and skills in residential, nursing and dementia care.

She has just over nine years of experience managing care homes within the group and is the appointed Clinical Lead of Carebase.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brooklands Care Home