Monmouth Court Care Home

Monmouth Close, Ipswich IP2 8RS

Monmouth Court is a purpose-built care home providing nursing and residential care. Short and long stays are welcome to those who are living with Parkinson's, dementia and also to the young physically disabled.

With plenty of places to relax, the purpose-built home has the needs of older people in mind. Whether outside in the garden, or indoors in the dining room or conservatory, the home provides a safe environment for residents to live in.

Monmouth Court’s chef ensures residents have great meals which they all enjoy. A Night Bite menu can be accessed by residents, which includes fruit, snacks and drinks.

Regular excursions are arranged for residents to participate in, as well as a variety of daily activities which are suitable for all levels of ability, like knitting, reading and painting.

Person in charge: Rebecca Watkins (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 110 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Head/Brain Injury • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, Hindi, Malay, Polish, Tagalog, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Monmouth Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Monmouth Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Monmouth Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.787 for Monmouth Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (134 Excellents x 5) + (25 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 164 Ratings = 4.787

The 4.392 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Monmouth Court Care Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 30.6 positive Reviews (153 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 30.6 Target = 0.392

9.2 Monmouth Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.179) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Monmouth Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Monmouth Court Care Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User
  • Respite Resident/Service User

The care given to my father is outstanding, the staff is so wonderful and understanding.
I live in America and can only get here for a couple weeks per year but I call weekly and they never hesitate to put Dad on the phone. Their interactions with him are always respectful even now as his health deteriorates. I can’t say enough good things about Monmouth Court Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

All staff are very friendly and caring towards my mother and other residents. Mother is always treated with respect and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I think the residents are settled and happy with carers and the atmosphere seems a lot better. The staff are always willing to listen if asked questions. The activities are a lot better since the home has changed hands and I have no worries with my mother in here.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

M wife has been here for the five weeks. In that time, all the service/care has been excellent.
Monmouth Court is a credit to all the staff and management.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

From the moment we contacted the home for urgent respite we were treated with utmost professionalism. As a family, we were stressed and worried that the fact that dad was having to go into a care home for a short period but it was by far the best decision we made. We were made welcome by the amazing management team and staff, they all treated dad with care and dignity, it was important for us to encourage dad to stay as independent as possible while staying at the home. The home was always clean tidy and the food was wonderful. Keep up the fantastic work.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Nursing staff, carers and management staff looked after my father in the final four months of his life showing amazing compassion, kindness and a great deal of loving care which was a great comfort to my mother, my sister and me. They kept us well informed and always seemed to have time to go the extra mile.
Whilst he was bedridden and unable to participate in the wider life of the home our frequent visits meant that we were able to observe much of the everyday life of the home and were impressed with the efforts the staff went to, to give residents thoughtful entertainment - even bringing in a lamb for them to bottle feed!
Unlike many institutions, the home always seemed clean and odour free and although the rooms are older they have garden views and a pleasing house system.
Many thanks to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff very friendly and look after people well, food good and good choice. Room could do with some paint. Plenty of things for residents to do during the day and staff good at getting people included.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Clare Sheehan, Care Advisor at Monmouth Court Care Home responded to this review on 14 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so pleased you are happy with your loved one’s care and the home in general. We have an ongoing redecorating programme here at Monmouth Court and your loved one’s room was fully redecorated approximately three weeks ago. We hope that when you see the room, you will be pleased with the way it looks. Thanks again for the positive review.

My Stepfather seems really settled in the home and the most settled he has been since his diagnosis. The staff are friendly and make us feel welcome providing us with coffee/tea, cakes.
The level of care is very good and I feel safe in the knowledge that my step father is kept safe which saves us from unnecessary worry.
The food that is provided is very good with several choices.
The home is clean and fresh and has a decorative theme in the lounge/dinning room which is changed regularly, this makes the home very cheerful for residents and family members when visiting.
The management staff are approachable and will phone my if any problems arise.
Residents are involved in several activities including bingo, quizzes, games, afternoon tea and days out.
Security is excellent with key coded doors ensuring residents are safe.
Meetings are held on a monthly basis and more changes are to be made which is positive.
I would thoroughly recommend this care home to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

There is nothing I can fault about this home. Staff are wonderful, keeping us up to date on everything. Food looks lovely, residents are kept lovely and warm. Beautiful gardens, lovely rooms, only just one thing - not sure if there are many activities as my father would not remember due to dementia.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Clare Sheehan, Care Advisor at Monmouth Court Care Home responded to this review on 05 Feb 2018:

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so pleased that you are happy with your Father’s care and the Home in general. I would like to reassure you that we do have numerous activities being held across site and your Father is very much involved in many of them and a weekly activities programme is available for you to view upon request. Activities are also documented in your Father’s care plan as part of the activity log, so when you are next in the Home please feel free to take a look. Thanks again for the positive review.

I needed to go into urgent respite care due to building work taking place in my bungalow. I was very hesitant going into a care home. From the moment I arrived I was welcomed into the care home and felt part of the family, my room was lovely and the staff were fantastic. I was treated with nothing but respect.
I took my dog and she really enjoyed her stay, she loved the well-kept gardens which were very disabled friendly. Food was great and I felt well cared for and would definitely go back, thank you so much for the wonderful care I received.
Would highly recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

We were very pleased with all of my Aunt's care that Monmouth Court provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Monmouth Court Care Home responded to this review on 24 Oct 2017:

Just enjoyed a lovely lunch with my mother who has recently taken up residence at Monmouth Court. The atmosphere and food were lovely, the staff are always friendly and make us feel very welcome. Keep up the good work!

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Monmouth Court Care Home responded to this review on 28 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. Good to know that you enjoyed your lunch with your Mother and that you feel welcome at the home.

My aunt moved to Monmouth Court Nursing Home in June 2015 at the age of 94. She was reluctant to leave her own home and did not find the move easy. From the onset, she was treated with nothing but kindness and understanding by the staff at Monmouth Court. Her nursing care was exemplary in all respects. She grew to care for those at Monmouth Court in return and by the time of her death in December 2016 she regarded it as her home.

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Monmouth Court Care Home responded to this review on 03 Mar 2017:

So Sorry to hear of your loss please accept our condolences.Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My Dad was looked after at 'Monmouth Court Care Home' for the last 7 months of his life. We found the staff at the home excellent. They were all very friendly, caring and hard working. While Dad was there, they received as a whole an inadequate from the 'Care Quality Commission'. This is a shame, as I could not think how this reflected on 'Monmouth Court Care Home'. I have to say before Dad died, about 2 weeks I think, a relief handover was installed. She seemed much more approachable than the previous one and was often seen talking to residents and relations. I had never seen this before!

How likely would you be to recommend Monmouth Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Monmouth Court Care Home responded to this review on 08 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Submit a Review for Monmouth Court Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Monmouth Court Care Home