Dove Tree House

89-91 Heavitree Road, Exeter EX1 2ND

Dove Tree House is a thirty-five capacity care home fully staffed and resourced to carry out a range of personal care needs, being ideal for old age-related needs, while also for dementia care and for adults with a physical disability.

The home takes on many long-term care needs, respecting the individual and welcoming to loved ones, as well as offering respite and day care to further reach out to vulnerable adults from the surrounding Exeter community.

Residents have access to numerous activities and have personal interests supported, including through organised outings and in-house entertainments.

Group: Stonehaven Care Group

Person in charge: Jazmine Lemin (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 35 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Parkinson's Disease • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 40 to 105.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £570 – £900 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Dove Tree House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

We welcome visitors to the home between the hours of 11.00am and 7.00pm - other hours can be accommodated but please arrange in advance with the Care Home Manager. Visitors will be asked to sign the visitors book when they arrive and leave (for various reasons including the need to meet Fire Regulations within the building).

There is parking on site for visiting professionals and friends and relatives.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Dove Tree House: click here

Overview of Review Score

The Review Score of 9.8 out of 10 for Dove Tree House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 30 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Dove Tree House in Google's Search Results – more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 22 positive Reviews in the last 24 months.

Detailed Breakdown of Review Score

The Average Rating of 4.797 for Dove Tree House is calculated as follows: ( (284 Excellents x 5) + (70 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 355 Ratings = 4.797

• b) 5 Points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 24 months. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. A Positive Review is defined as any Review with 'Extremely Likely' or 'Likely' in answer to the question 'How likely are you to recommend this care provider to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?'

1. 4 points are available for the first 5 Positive Reviews; 3.00 points for the first Positive Review, and then 0.25 Points for each of the next 4 Positive Reviews.

3. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. The calculation is the same as above, except the points are divided by 2.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Dove Tree House is based on 22 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3.00 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4

2. Target of 7 positive Reviews (35 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 22 Reviews ÷ 7 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Dove Tree House has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.797) out of 10 and an Average Rating of 4.8 out of 5 from 30 Reviews over all time

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Dove Tree House?

Reviewer Connection to Dove Tree House

The difference in my auntie is so good.
She is stable and able to read and talk with coherence. Her diabetes is under control and it feels like we have her back with us. She feels cared about.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director. at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 02 Oct 2018:

Hello AV. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of your own and your Auntie's experience at our Dove Tree House Care Home in Exeter. It's really great to learn that your Auntie has improved so much since moving in to Dove Tree House and that it 'feels like we have her back''. It's always great for our Care Teams, in particular, to receive such positive recognition and feedback as this. Thank you again for leaving it. Kindest regards, Nathan.

The general standard of care is excellent. Staff displayed a genuine care for residents. My aunt had been at the home for seven years and felt that this was her home and her family.
Although there was never any nursing care offered, the end of life care given was so good, with such care and compassion, that it could not be improved on.
I am so grateful for all the things that made my aunt's last days less of an ordeal.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 02 Aug 2018:

Hello Anne C. Thank you for taking the time to write and post this lovely review of your experience with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. We're sorry that you have lost your Aunt, I know she was a well loved member of the family at Dove Tree and will be missed greatly by all. I have to agree with you, we have a great Care Team at Dove Tree and it really is a home from home environment (a term much used in our industry but, really, not always achieved). Thank you for taking the time to recognise the Care Team in this way. Kindest regards.

I was always made welcome. When visiting my friend seemed very happy, she was well looked after, all food was cooked on the premises and there was always a choice.
My friend was admitted to hospital with pneumonia. On returning to the home, her care was exceptional. She was always clean and bedding was immaculate. She always looked comfortable.
Unfortunately, she passed away on 22nd June, aged 88 years.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Likely

Nathan Stone, Director. at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 11 Jul 2018:

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review of your experience of our Dove Tree House Care Team and Care Home in Exeter. I have to agree, Dove Tree House has a fantastic care team and it's really nice to know that your friend was happy and well looked after. It is, of course, very sad that she has recently passed away, I know she will be greatly missed by all at Dove Tree. Kindest regards, Director

My uncle has been a resident in this home for over 6 and a half years and the care and support he received was excellent. The manager and team of staff work tirelessly to ensure all the residents are happy and my uncle was very content and happy. The patience, care and professionalism of the staff make the home special and the residents feel safe and well cared for. I visited regularly over the years and many staff have been there throughout that time. The food is excellent and there is always a good choice. I would definitely recommend the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director. at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 12 Jun 2018:

Good afternoon Gillian S. Thank you for taking the time to write and publish this detailed review of your experience with our care team and care home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. It's always great to see a full house on Excellent Ratings. You have clearly identified the Care Team as being fundamental to what makes Dove Tree the great place to live that it is - and I agree, we have a great team, it's a lovely place to visit, always something going on, always residents and care team ready to have a chat - smiles all around. We're delighted that your uncle is happy. Kindest regards, Nathan.

Accommodation is kept clean and tidy.
Good choice and good quality meals provided. Friendly staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Hello JK. Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review of your experience with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. We're really pleased that you are happy with the home. Kindest regards, Nathan.

A homely, welcoming care home. The whole team care about each resident and their family relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 22 May 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review of your experience with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. It's always great for our care teams to receive feedback such as this and yes, I agree, we have a great Care Team at Dove Tree House. Kindest regards, Nathan.

My experience of Dove Tree House Care Home is that of a caring and well-run care home. The staff are kind, friendly and fun - they treat the residents with dignity and spend time with the residents. The residents' requests, worries and anxieties are acted upon. Dove Tree's management deal with any problems that do arise quickly and efficiently. This care home offers a clean, safe and happy environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Likely

Nathan Stone, Director. at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 18 May 2018:

Good morning SB. Thank you for taking the time to write and publish this lovely review of your experience with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. I visit Dove Tree House and I fully agree on all counts, and especially the bit about the care team being, 'kind, friendly and fun'. The care team have, between them, created something really special at Dove Tree, there really is a family feeling and atmosphere of fun and enjoyment there - when I am of the age I hope there is a Dove Tree House for me. Kindest regards, Nathan.

When visiting my mother, the staff are always friendly and helpful. My mother cannot say enough about the carers/staff, they are all very kind and caring to her and she says we couldn't have found a better care home for her.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director. at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 30 Jan 2018:

Hello Carol C. Thank you for taking the time to write and publish this great review of your experience with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. It's fantastic to hear that your mum is so happy there and I agree with her, we have a fantastic team at Dove Tree and it is a lovely place to be. Thank you for recognising the team's hard work publicly through this review.

My mother has been cared for consistently well over the last year as in previous years. Her welfare is very well considered and her comforts are very well cared for.
The standard of cleanliness is excellent and the staff are very caring in all aspects - nothing being too much trouble.
My mother is in very safe hands and takes a lot of pressure off me. Well done to you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 12 Jan 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this fantastic review of your experiences with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. It's always great for our Care Teams to see a full house of EXCELLENT ratings:) It's our pleasure to look after your Mum and we're really pleased that we have been able to take a lot of pressure off of you. Thank you again, Nathan.

My brother has lived at Dove Tree House since 2014 and often says he "wouldn't want to live anywhere else". All staff - management, carers, kitchen, laundry/cleaners and maintenance fo out of their way to provide a "family" atmosphere for all residents. At the same time giving friendly but professional care.
Relatives can visit at any time and are always welcomed warmly, we know we can approach any member of staff with any questions/concerns we may have which gives us peace of mind knowing our loved ones are in good hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 10 Jan 2018:

Good afternoon Patricia. Thank you for taking the time to write a publish this fantastic review of your experience with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. Whenever I visit Dove Tree I am always impressed with all of the same things that you have noted below. We have a great Manager and a great team of people at Dove Tree, this has created, as you say, a real family atmosphere - there's always something going on and it's always fun. Thank you for publically recognising and praising our care team in this way.

I love to come and visit residents at Dove Tree House. You always get a nice welcome from staff and they all make you welcome and it is a friendly place.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 03 Jan 2018:

Hello Linda B - and Happy New Year to you. Thank you for taking the time to write and publish this review of your experiences when you visit Dove Tree House to visit your friend and other residents and care team members there. I visit Dove Tree as often as I can and I thoroughly agree - it's always a warm and happy place.

I visit my friend twice a week. All is good - all is 'a-ok'.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 07 Dec 2017:

Hello Herbert. Thank you for taking the time to write and publish this review of your experience with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House on Heavitree Road in Exeter.

Your friend is really lucky to have a visitor twice a week - thank you for that also. It's always great to get a full house of EXCELLENT ratings and I have to say I fully agree with you, every time I visit Dove Tree I love it - I was last there on Tuesday this week and the atmosphere was great - people getting ready for their Christmas Lunch out at a local hotel the next day. All really nice.

When my friend first arrived he says that it took a bit of time to settle in but he now feels settled. He feels very happy here now, gets on well with the staff, happy with the meals he receives and happy with his care. If he needs anything the staff get it for him.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director. at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 15 Nov 2017:

Hello George - thank you for taking the time to write and publish this lovely review of your experience with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. It's always really nice to learn of stories of new arrivals to our homes settling in well and enjoying their time. It's also really nice for our care teams to receive such public recognition for their hard work as this.

Just to say what a lovely care home. We looked at a few homes for my mother for her dementia but found this home very friendly. Staff and especially the care manager and the service they provide i.e. food, entertainment and a lovely clean environment to be living in. Her room is very clean and tidy. My mother feels safe and secure. This was a very hard decision to make for my mother but the home made it very easy for us to accept. We enjoy visiting her.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 15 Nov 2017:

Hello Kevin. It's really kind of you to take the time and write and post this lovely review of your experience with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. I visit Dove Tree House regularly and the home you describe is exactly the one I know - it's a happy place and we're delighted that your mum and her loved ones are so happy there.

When my friend first came to Dove Tre House, it was all strange to him but over time he has settled in really well. He seems happy in himself and happy being there. Every time I visit the management and staff are excellent, always very polite and friendly and great with him. Nothing seems to be an effort. Its all done with a smile.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Hello John. Thank you for taking the time to write and publish this glowing review of your experience with our Care Team and Care Home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. We're really pleased that you and your friend are happy with the service being provided at Dove Tree.

I have been to visit my nan on a couple of occasions and staff were lovely and caring, food looked very nice and was very clean. Patients were very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 29 Sep 2017:

Hello Jamie H. Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review of your experiences with our care home and care team Dove Tree House in Exeter. It's great that your nan is happy at Dove Tree and thank you for the kind comments regarding the care team, food and cleanliness. Kindest regards, Nathan.

My mum is in Dove Tree House. She went in August this year.

On many occasions, I visited Mum and the staff were very polite and helpful. The food is wonderful - I have eaten there myself with Mum. The home is always very clean and tidy and Mum's room is lovely.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Hello Jackie G, thank you for taking the time to write this review of your experiences with our care home and care team at Dove Tree House in Exeter. It's always great for the team (including people in our support office and the other care homes in the group) to receive feedback such as this.
I have to agree with regards to the food at Dove Tree, our Chefs there are great and I always do my best to make sure I visit at Lunchtime. Kindest regards, Nathan.

The care given to my mother is first class. All the management and staff are fantastic. Mother is settled and we don't need to worry.
The food is also first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 27 Jun 2017:

Hello Jerry T - thank you for taking the time to write and post this review of our care team and care home at Dove Tree House in Exeter. It's great to hear that your mum is settling in well and that you have no need to worry about her. I agree with all that you say, we are fortunate to have an excellent care team at Dove Tree House, our chef team very much included in that comment!

I would just like to say what a wonderful home this is! Even my Mum called it "home". My Dad stayed in several homes when he was alive and I only wish we had found him a home as nice as this one! From the management, the carers and to the cooks, they are all silent angels - well done, keep up the good work!

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 19 May 2017:

Hello Richard S - thank you so much for taking the time to write and publish this lovely review of our Dove Tree House Care Home and the Care Team in Exeter. We certainly work hard to create a 'home from home' environment and we're all delighted that your mum felt this way about Dove Tree. We know we are really fortunate to have an excellent team at Dove Tree and thank you for taking the time to give them this fantastic feedback which recognises publically the great work that they each do.

A better residential home would be very hard to find than Dove Tree House.
We are quite a large family who wanted the best for our mum. Dove Tree House staff made everyone of us is very welcome when visiting.
The home was always clean and tidy. The staff looked after mum with love and care.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 11 May 2017:

Thank you Gilbert for taking the time to write and post this lovely review of your experiences with our Dove Tree House Care Home in Exeter. I visit Dove Tree regularly and have to agree, we have a great care team and it's a lovely place to be. It's great to know that you are so happy with the care your mum received.

Dove Tree House is clean and comfortable. The staff are warm, friendly and professional. The good management accounts for this. Not only does Dove Tree provide very good care, it is affordable. Very good value for money.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review of your experiences with our Dove Tree House Care Home in Exeter. Your feedback is very kind, and it's in particular great to see our hard working care teams receiving such public recognition for their efforts.

We cannot thank all the staff at Dove Tree enough, for all their amazing care for our dear Mum. She was always treated with great care and dignity. They always had time to care, not only for their residents but also family visiting their loved ones. Thank you again to the manager and all your wonderful staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 02 May 2017:

Good morning Joy D - thank you for taking the time to write and post such a lovely review of your experience at our Dove Tree House Care Home in Exeter and, in particular, the Care Home Manager and her Care Team. We are really lucky to have such a great care team at Dove Tree House - I know I always enjoy my visits there! - and it's great when people take the time to offer them such great praise and recognition as you have done here.

I think this is an excellent home. Most of the residents seem happy and contented and speak cheerfully to you. There is no smell of urine, the whole place seems spotlessly clean. The nursing staff are caring, friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 10 Nov 2016:

Hello Grace S. Thank you for taking the time to write and publish this lovely review of your experiences with Dove Tree House and our Care Team there. It's always great for all of us, and especially our care teams, to receive such positive feedback. Kindest regards, Nathan.

The carers at Dove Tree are exceptional, my mother recently suffered a fall resulting in a broken arm, due to her age and dementia she doesn't know what she has done and can't understand her pain. Her carers show her nothing but kindness and understanding. Time after time.
She is always well dressed, fed, and clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

My parents (aged 92) have lived in Heavitree for the past 8 years.
While my mother has cared for my father at home until May 2016, his declining health and latest hospitalisation meant a return to home was no longer safe.
Based on personal recommendations (2), and having visited a number of other care homes, I had no hesitation in choosing Dove Trees. Amazing caring atmosphere, close to my mother's home and a very high CQC rating. The manager is so welcoming and understanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 08 Aug 2016:

Hello Geoffrey A - many thanks for taking the time to write and post this review. We're all really pleased that you have had such a positive experience at Dove Tree House - we are very proud of Dove Tree, and in particular the Manager and her care team that we have working there.

My father has been a resident at Dove Tree House for 6 years. In that time he has received wonderful kind and caring attention, at times she has been grumpy and inappropriate but the staff continued with their wonderful approach. He has recently passed away and we was quite ill at the end. The staff were very very kind and caring to him and to us, right until the end. He was made very warm comfortable and pain free. I would not hesitate in recommending Dove Tree House and the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

I have a wonderful standard of care. The staff are very attentive and thoughtful. Being here is like living in a very nice hotel, comfortable, warm and excellent food. I consider myself very lucky to be living here.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 26 Jan 2016:

Hello Eileen. Thank you for taking the time to write and publish this lovely review. It's always great when one of our own residents posts a review as we get a real insight into what their Care Home is like to live in and call 'home'. Clearly you're very happy at Dove Tree House - and that makes us all happy as well! I'll see you soon.

Very friendly home. All the staff are very welcoming and any problems are dealt with promptly and efficiently. Residents are treated with compassion and carers are genuinely interested in every resident. The food provided is excellent and individual needs are always catered for.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Hello Barbara. Many thanks for taking the time to write and post the lovely review of Dove Tree House. It great to hear that the care team are doing such a great job - and I agree, the food is excellent - we're very lucky to have our two Chefs! Great food and great characters.

I am very happy at Dove Tree although. I have only been here four weeks. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Hello Dora. Many thanks for taking the time to write and post this great review of your experience at Dove Tree House. I see you've only been with us for a few weeks - I look forward to meeting you and thanking you personally.

Whenever I visit my father, he is well presented and in good spirits. All staff are very attentive and the premises are always clean. Christmas Lunch at the hotel, staff were exceptional.

How likely would you be to recommend Dove Tree House? Extremely Likely

Nathan Stone, Director at Dove Tree House responded to this review on 25 Jan 2016:

Hello R.M. Many thanks for taking the time to write and submit this great review of your experience of Dove Tree House and the care that your Dad receives there. I was at Dove Tree when the residents and care team returned in 3 minibuses from the Christmas Lunch - everybody was in high spirits and had all clearly enjoyed the day greatly. And, you're quite right - we are very lucky to have a team of exceptional individuals at Dove Tree House.

Submit a Review for Dove Tree House

Your review must be about a service provided within the last 6 months.

posted 03 Dec 2018