Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home

13 Primley Park, Paignton TQ3 3JW

Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home, Paignton, Devon

Primley Court Nursing Home has been providing effective, quality care for older people since 1985. Its location combines two service facilities: The Court and The View. Each facility delivers a pathway of care for people with complex or higher nursing needs, including dementia.

The services at The Court and The View are responsive and well led, offering specialist support and engagement to those with an enduring nursing condition or for people requiring higher personal care interventions.

Residents at The Court may be physically fit, but the nature of their condition may require an extra degree of supervision or support from the professionally trained staff teams who are experienced in advanced dementia care, complex nursing and clinical management of conditions, disease, disorder or injury. Personal one-to-one care services can be offered and all residents are supported by the local community multi-disciplinary healthcare team.

At The View, traditional nursing care services are offered in a Victorian villa and modern, purpose-built area set high on the hill side of Primley Park, enjoying commanding sea views across Paginton and Torbay. With an established emphasis on providing for higher nursing need services, care of long term conditions and end of life care, The View has become a top local choice for clinically accredited care services.

Primley Court Nursing Home is proud to care for those seeking a quality care service offering a complete care pathway and highly motivated, experienced and well-trained staff, who fully appreciate each individual's personal care needs and aspirations.

Group: Optima Care Partnership

Person in charge: Clarissa Bautista (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Torbay Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 80 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: On enquiry. Ages 65+.

Weekly Charges Guide: (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.) Nursing Care Single from £840 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Open Visiting

Parking on Site

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home: click here

posted 11 Oct 2017

please contact us for more information

9.4 Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.391)

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.641 for Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home is calculated as follows: ( (175 Excellents x 5) + (58 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 248 Ratings = 4.641

The 4.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16 positive Reviews (80 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 16 Target = 0.750

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home?

Reviewer Connection to Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home

My mother was admitted to Primley Court after a serious deterioration in her Vascular Dementia. The place that she was in for assessment could not manage her and she was taken to Primley Court. My mother settled well due to the care she received. She is well looked after both physically and emotionally. The staff are all kind and caring, treating their patients with respect. At a very traumatic time for our family, we were also met with kindness and consideration. This is a well staffed, well-run home caring for the people with very difficult needs, to a very high standard. I feel that my mother is in safe hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home? Extremely Likely

I visit my husband every day if I can and I am always welcome, it's like a second home. I find all the staff well trained in every way and very helpful at all times, it's always very clean. They all have a personal touch with each person and treat them with RESPECT which does make a good impression on one who visits on a regular basis. I am so grateful my husband has a wonderful second home, his first home was with me.

Stephen Crisp, Director of Operations at Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home responded to this review on 12 Jul 2017:

Betty thank you for your kind comments which mean a lot to our staff who do work so hard to keep the home clean and homely in challenging circumstances, which is why taking the trouble to review our services is much appreciated.

Primley put on a fantastic day for my nan who was 100 years young. She has been here for the last 7 plus years. Every time I visit, the staff are always very caring and helpful. The residents are at ease with the staff and there is a lot of love in here. I can't thank everyone enough for making my nan enjoy the rest of her days here. The staff work so hard and tend to the residents every need and put the families mind at rest if ever there was an illness. I can't express how lovely they are all.

My husband was here 11/1/2017 - 20/1/2017. The manager was wonderful as were all the staff, so kind and caring all the time. I was amazed how well my husband and I were treated. The Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home was excellent and I would recommend to everyone who needs care and support. Nothing was too much trouble. Thank you, everyone.

This is the fourth care home that my father has been in and undoubtedly the best. He resided there for over five years. All the staff have been very caring to dad and supportive to us and we were always encouraged to join in activities and events at the home. Dad sadly passed away on 23rd January but I was able to stay with him through the night before his death. The care and support both dad and we received over the period of his illness and passing was outstanding.

I have been very satisfied with my wife's care over the last 3-4years in this home.
The staff, of various nationalities, are without exception, caring and loving, not only to my wife, but to all the patients I have observed over the years.
They are friendly and open to me as a relative and telephone to tell me of any mishaps, however minor, should they occur.
If I request that something should be done or investigate about my wife, it is done or a reason for not doing it.

Primley Court has a friendly and warm feel when you arrive. Staff are friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. Staff seem to go the extra mile and respect the shift leader (who is outstanding in her leadership/care). I can't recommend Primley Court highly enough. (Outstanding care and attitude)

The quality of car eis excellent. All residents are treated according to individual needs and preferences. My husband is unable to communicate but is relaxed and comfortable. The staff have learnt how to get the best responses from him, for example, which flavours encourage him to accept his medication and Cds of folk music or birdsong give the right atmosphere when he is in his room. Family and friends are made welcome at any time. The GP is called promptly when there are any medical problems.

My wife became a resident on 4/8/2016 after being nursed at home for some time, I was rather apprehensive of being separated after a sixty-one-year marriage but was made to feel better when greeted by the staff. The worst fears I had; bad treatment and the smell of urine were put to rest when we were given a tour. Rooms were great, en-suite etc. I can honestly say my wife after 3 months is happy and well settled there thanks to the great staff and care workers. The home is spotless thanks to the many cleaning staff, I can't recommend it enough. Well done, my minds at rest.

My wife's care and attention in Primley House Care Home has been first class. On the rare occasion when I have raised a concern, it was handled quickly and efficiently with both staff and management.

Facilities: Poor

I was worried about my husband of 56 years going into care. How wrong I was. From our first contact, they could not have been more caring and welcoming, what a wonderful place. The staff are so kind and professional and an example to everyone in the caring sector. My husband has changed from being anxious, depressed and in constant pain to being calm and smiling. He is always clean and smart and is not allowed to suffer pain or discomfort. He enjoys the food snacks and cuppa's and the special contact with all the staff. If we could, my family and I would award them an Olympic gold medal. Thank you Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home, I can sleep at night. If needed, I hope I too can be cared for here.

Stephen Crisp, Director of Operations at Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home responded to this review on 14 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your lovely review, our staff team work so hard for our residents and will appreciate your comments.

My first impression when entering the home is how clean and tidy it is, and that all the residents I could see were well presented and wearing clean clothes. I was made to feel welcome and offered a drink at the afternoon break, and whilst sitting with my wife was able to see that the staff in attendance treated the residents with dignity and made sure that all were comfortable.
Any questions I asked in reference to my wife were answered by the management in detail, and are always available should I wish to speak to them. The impression it gives is of a very well run nursing home (I visit my wife at least 3-4 times a week).

How likely would you be to recommend Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home? Likely

Stephen Crisp, Director of Operations at Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home responded to this review on 13 Dec 2016:

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I am reassured that our management team answer your questions promptly and your wife is being well cared for. Thank You. Regards - Director of Operations.

It was a very good experience throughout the visit. My friend seems content with the care provided. I am a visitor from the church and have known my friend for a few years. She was a regular member. It is evident that she feels happy with the care provided. The staff were all efficient and friendly both in reception and working around the home. I spoke to one staff member about the home, staff, visitors and residents.

'Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home' in my opinion has had a constant, wonderful level of care, and staff have always had a constant level of very good care and this includes gentle physical help while helping patients.

My husband was admitted to Primley Court 10 months ago suffering from dementia. Since he has been a resident, I have found his care to be excellent. The staff without exception are always caring, kind and respectful in all aspects of my husband's care. What has been a very stressful couple of years has been made more bearable by the kindness shown to both my husband and myself during his stay at Primley Court. I have found the residents to be spotlessly clean and free of odours. Lovely outside area for residents during the nice weather. I would recommend this house to anyone 10/10.

My dad has been a resident here for almost 12 months and seems to have settled here well. The cares have a good rapport with him and I can tell he seems relaxed. He is nearly always well dressed and clean and always enjoys the food. There appears to be regular activities going on to stimulate the residents and Dad joins in which I would not have expected as he usually likes his own company. They (carers) seem to know his personality and what he likes/dislikes so I feel he is getting personal care but also has company with the other residents.

Primley is a very well run nursing home. The staff are excellent and very considerate and caring at all times. In the care of my husband, he is always well dressed and seems happy and content when I visit.

I am pleased to say that my wife is very well looked after and she is always clean and tidy and seems to be very happy here. I think the carers look after her really well.

My husband was given loving care for his 18 months in Primley Court. He was always treated with dignity and respect and as a whole person in spite of difficulties caused by severe dementia. (Sometimes he reacted aggressively to helpful interventions.) On the day he died (24/9/15) I and the family were given all the time we needed to be with him and were given wonderful support. I am so grateful for what Primley Court has given to my husband and us.

Having experienced several different care facilities. Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home has the most satisfactory care, security. The staff are happy, caring and thoughtful. I'm delighted that my mother is within your care and have no concerns whatsoever.

To my knowledge my mum is getting very good care. The staff always are polite and courteous.

Submit a Review for Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home

December 2013

Investors In People

Recipient: Optima Care Partnership

Date: Wednesday 18 Dec 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Primley Court Nursing & Residential Home