Highcliffe Nursing Home

5 Stuart Road, Highcliffe, Christchurch BH23 5JS

Highcliffe Nursing Home, Christchurch, Dorset

Highcliffe Nursing Home specialise in nursing and dementia care from a fabulous location that makes for a popular seaside retreat for up to forty-six individuals.

All care plans are person-centred and directed towards the dignity of service users, carried out by friendly and experienced carers who have worked hard to build up a strong local reputation.

A computer-based care documentation system adds to the efficiency of carers and allows for more staff-to-resident interaction time.

Group: Kingsley Healthcare

Person in charge: Tracey Miller (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Dorset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 46 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Schizophrenia • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £560 – £800 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £560 – £800 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Highcliffe Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Nursing Care Single £600 – £900 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £600 – £900 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Highcliffe Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Highcliffe Nursing Home: click here

9.5 Highcliffe Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.530)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Highcliffe Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Highcliffe Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.53 for Highcliffe Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (98 Excellents x 5) + (58 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 166 Ratings = 4.53

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Highcliffe Nursing Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.2 positive Reviews (46 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 9.2 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Highcliffe Nursing Home

My father entered Highcliffe Nursing Home just before Christmas 2016, he was suffering from vascular dementia and lung cancer. From the moment of his arrival, all the staff were warm, caring, professional and made him feel at home.
As I live abroad and there is no other family, I felt reassured that he was being well taken care of.
I am so grateful to the management and all her team for caring for my father in his last few months.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The staff could not have been more friendly or welcoming to my father in the late stages of his dementia & indeed to our family. Even though Dad sadly only spent his last 3 weeks in the very capable hands of the managers & support staff, they couldn't have been more respectful & caring. They showed him every kindness, with true compassion & patience. As much as I was dreading leaving Dad in a nursing home when I couldn't cope at home single-handed anymore, I couldn't have been more reassured & my mind put to rest by their constant communication & vigilance. It made all the difference to Dad & myself & took all the worry away. I cannot praise them too highly or thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We normally visit once per week always unannounced so nothing could be hidden or disguised for the cynical.
The management and care staff without exception are dedicated and truly amazing people, not only when we visit but when we phone too.
Whilst the "hardware" (the physical building itself) may not be five-star luxury, the staff are absolutely the best. My father is treated with great care, respected and love at all times. I can see he is as happy as he can be, even in his sadly diminished state. The staff's optomistic and cheerful willing attitude is infectious to my dad and other residents too, as well as us. A big thank you to all!

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting for nearly five years and I have found all the staff and carers have been wonderful. I usually visit around lunch time and the food always looks excellent and plentiful.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum was admitted to Highcliffe Nursing Home in July 2016. She was in the final stages of lung cancer and unable to do much for herself. As I am sure is common with lots of patients - she didn't want to die, hated being dependent and just wanted it all to go away so she could go home. This meant she was never going to be the most cooperative or friendly patient. The staff at Highcliffe, however, were never phased by this and mum's general grumpiness was always met by smiling, kind, caring and efficient staff. We were able to visit nearly every day - sometimes twice a day - and so could see that all the staff who dealt with mum had the same cheerful but professional approach at all times. This was a very difficult time for us and I consider we were very lucky to have had the support, assistance and courtesy of all the staff there. I wish I could thank all the staff by name, but special mention must go to our Nurse and the team leaders.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum transferred to Highcliffe from Hertfordshire in Sept 2016. She brought with her photographs of the family and her own television.
She settled in very well from the beginning and has never looked back. She is quite mobile and enjoys the musical activities in the downstairs lounge. She is able to feed herself and is often escorted to the downstairs dining room to eat her lunch with some of the other residents. The staff are all very kind and caring and she benefits from their interactions and their cuddles. She is well looked after and my brother and I know that she is in a safe and caring environment. We are very happy with the care and feel that all the staff work well together to provide my mum with the best possible care outside of her home.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I found all the staff very nice and also helpful. Every time I've come in, my wife was very happy. I've been coming every day.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My father came to Highcliffe Nursing home having spent 9 weeks in hospital extremely unwell with kidney and liver conditions. On top of that, he has Alzheimers. His needs are complex and it is a worry to let your loved one go into care - like handing over a precious and helpless child - even though he is 85! I want to commend all the team at Highcliffe for all the care and concern they show my father. All the team are always ready to chat and answer any concerns. Everyone seems up to date with what is happening to my dad and if they don't know the answer, they will promptly find out. How lovely for a nurse I had never met before to take time to introduce herself to me and talk about my dad. How kind too that you are always offered a cup of tea whatever time you visit - even though they have a million chores to do. The home is always quiet, warm, clean and most importantly calm. My dad is still very poorly but I sleep better at night knowing he is at Highcliffe and in caring hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My Mother in Law is more than content with the services provided. I have always been met with a warm welcome from the staff and I find them to be very approachable with any concerns.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My father-in-law has been a resident in Highcliffe Nursing Home for nearly a year now.
Our family has been so impressed with the very high quality of care given by all the excellent staff. There is always a lovely, positive and friendly feeling within the home and there is clearly a culture there which ensures that residents are treated with love and respect.
The lounge area is a very welcoming place too and the staff constantly ensure that residents are given attention and the things they need.
The communication between the home and ourselves has been excellent too.
We are delighted that we chose the home for our relative who is very happy there. And we know that he is receiving an excellent standard of care at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have always felt welcome at the home. Staff are always helpful and deal with any queries I may have. As my husband's condition deteriorates I often find this very difficult but the staff are reassuring and sympathetic.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Likely

In my opinion and experience, Highcliffe Nursing Home is homely and the carers and nurses are very kind and if I want to speak to them about anything they are always there for me, it is nice and clean. In an emergency they always phone me.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have spent a considerable amount of time over the last couple of weeks in the home, as my fathers condition approached the end of life. During this time, it was extremely evident that the care, love and support offered to my father was second to none and delivered with utmost dignity towards him.
As I spent more time at his bedside, I became more in awe at the staff and management, seeing what they did on a minute by minute and day by day basis. The team are truly amazing.
The support they showed us as a family, was something I could not have imagined and has completely engulfed us.
Their care and affection towards my father will never be forgotten and we cannot put into words our thanks nor admiration for making his last few weeks as comfortable as possible. Also for allowing us the time and space to experience those last few days with him.
My father was a very special man. The staff at Highcliffe are a very special team.

How likely would you be to recommend Highcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum was a resident at highcliffe nursing home for the last 14 months of her life. I visited every day, so observed the excellent standard of care on a daily basis, and was always kept fully involved with any decisions and care plan reviews etc. Mum was treated with kindness and real compassion right to up to the very end of her life and I have nothing but praise for the ways he was looked after.

Submit a Review for Highcliffe Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Highcliffe Nursing Home