Ardenlea Grove Care Home

19/21 Lode Lane, Solihull B91 2AB

Personalised care and support plans are provided at Ardenlea Grove, for both long-term care and shorter stays. A team of professional and experienced staff provide respite, palliative and nursing care.

The attractive purpose-built home is set over three floors and offers well-equipped facilities and accommodation. Rooms offer ensuite bathrooms and 24-hour call systems and most have views of the landscaped gardens.

Residents can choose to eat in the welcoming dining room or in the privacy of their own rooms, enjoying meals that are freshly prepared to suit individual tastes and diets. Snacks and drinks are available throughout the day and include sandwiches, drinks and fruit.

Residents can enjoy a varied activities and events programme as well as regular trips and outings. Residents can also benefit from an onsite salon along with additional therapies and services.

Person in charge: Samantha Jangum (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Panjabi, Punjabi

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ardenlea Grove Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Ardenlea Grove Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.3 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ardenlea Grove Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.283 for Ardenlea Grove Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (49 Excellents x 5) + (66 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 127 Ratings = 4.283

The 4.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ardenlea Grove Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.500

8.8 Ardenlea Grove Care Home has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.783) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ardenlea Grove Care Home

My mom enjoys staying at Ardenlea Grove. The staff on the Sapphire floor are very good - caring, helpful etc. I am a regular visitor to see my mom to check she wants for nothing and is happy. I happened to call in during the "St Patrick's Day celebrations", the lounge decorations were great, there was a lovely atmosphere and I was also offered to join in and made to feel very welcome. Irish music, hats and a quiz added to the fun. Well done for arranging this and thank you to all the team for what you all do to look after my mother. Keep up the good work and I look forward to attending future events - sounds like a busy calendar is taking place.

How likely would you be to recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ardenlea Grove Care Home responded to this review on 13 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words. I'm so pleased to hear that your mum is enjoying all the different things that are on offer and hope that you may also join in with some more activities.

My mum came to this care home two years ago and this meant she had to accept her loss of independence as it became sadly clearer she would not go home again, she was in her late sixties. With tenderness and respectful care, my mum came to think of Ardenlea Grove Care Home as her home, she was bedbound but her life was still fulfilled and she managed to be positive and to look forward. All staff have been professional, caring and friendly. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ardenlea Grove Care Home responded to this review on 10 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

Mom moved into Ardenlea Grove in September when she was in need of greater nursing care and was starting to suffer from dementia. From the first day, I contacted Ardenlea Grove, I have continued to be delighted with the manager and the nurses' attention and response.

How likely would you be to recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Ardenlea Grove Care Home responded to this review on 07 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I hope that your Mum has settled well and that you have peace of mind knowing that she is safe and well cared for.

The care and kindness my husband received at Ardenlea Grove Care Home was really wonderful and I thank everyone there form the bottom of my heart.

How likely would you be to recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ardenlea Grove Care Home responded to this review on 22 Feb 2018:

As far as we are concerned, night and day staff on Sapphire give beyond the care of duty. Hope they get paid accordingly. Personally, I found the services of the care assistant especially useful - helped with dressing etc and the night nurse was extremely helpful in washing me and cutting my fingernails.

Food is disappointing and often cold but here again, chef may have a limited budget.

How likely would you be to recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home? Unlikely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ardenlea Grove Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jan 2018:

My husband was treated with the utmost respect and dignity at Ardenlea Grove. My husband went into Ardenlea Grove with dementia. The manager and staff got to know my husband and our family really well and he was known as "grandad" even when he was challenging at times.
My husband passed away on 19th June 2017 with his family around him. We would like to express our gratitude to manager and staff at Ardenlea Grove Care Home for the care (excellent) given to my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Ardenlea Grove Care Home responded to this review on 10 Jan 2018:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review and kind words. I will pass on your comments and gratitude to the home manager and the staff at the home.

Friendly and cheerful most days understaffed, which puts pressure on carers. Well balanced meals.

How likely would you be to recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ardenlea Grove Care Home responded to this review on 19 Oct 2017:

I was well looked after in all respects. The staff were friendly, caring and happy to help in all ways when needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ardenlea Grove Care Home responded to this review on 05 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review, I am so pleased that you were happy with the care you received at Ardenlea Grove and their staff. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

When dad arrived here, he was very poorly. In fact, we thought he might die. However, the staff here have cared for and nursed him to such an exceptionally high standard, dad has improved dramatically. We did have a few teething problems, but a chat with the deputy manager sorted these out. We witness nothing but care and compassion from all the staff to all the residents - it is lovely to see as some are very challenging. Mainly, dad is happy and his health is improving - How wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at Ardenlea Grove Care Home responded to this review on 08 Feb 2017:

My father moved to Ardenlea Grove a few weeks ago he has settled in well. The staff have all been kind, caring, thoughtful and professional. It is lovely to see all the residents and carers in the lounge together. A few more activities ideas- pets, guide dogs for the blind. More activities for the residents would make overall, I would definitely recommend Ardenlea Grove to others. This home's perfect.

How likely would you be to recommend Ardenlea Grove Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ardenlea Grove Care Home responded to this review on 11 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

My father's care was exemplary. The staff are kind, professional and caring, treating their patients with respect. Making their last days comfortable and giving family peace of mind. Rooms are comfortable for both patients and visitors. No request was denied.

Submit a Review for Ardenlea Grove Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

Samantha

Samantha Jangum

Joined: 2009

I have been working for Bupa for 9 years, and Home Manager at Ardenlea Grove for seven. My job is rewarding and challenging at the same time, everyday is different. I have a fantastic team around me who offer great support.

Marilyn

Marilyn Warren

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2014

I have been working for Bupa for 4 years. I started here as a staff nurse and then progressed to Deputy Manager which I have been doing for just over two years now. I am particularly proud of the team here at Ardenlea Grove, we all support each other. I love meeting new Residents and their families, everyone has a different story to tell, which makes my job role really interesting.

Kerry

Kerry Kerry Counihan

Job Title: Senior Activities Co-ordinator

Joined: 2008

I have been working for Bupa for 10 years. I love my job and take pride in my activities programme. I really enjoy talking to our Residents and finding out their likes and dislikes. It is important to me to be able to offer person centred activities, as all our residents enjoy different things.

John

John Billing

Job Title: Kitchen Manager

Joined: 2011

I have been working for Bupa for 7 years. I have a great reliable team and we all take pride in our food preparation, we want to get it just right for our residents.

Nutee

Nutee Mitchell-Barnes

Job Title: Senior House Keeper

Joined: 2012

I have been working for Bupa for 6 years. I love my job because it is varied from day to day. I am proud of my team, we all work together to keep our Home looking beautiful and clean.

Mohammed

Mohammed Rehman

Job Title: Head of maintenance

Joined: 2017

I am fairly new to Bupa having worked here for just over a year. I really enjoy working here, there is a great team atmosphere. I feel rewarded when I visit residents and fix all their requests.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ardenlea Grove Care Home