Rowan Court Care Home

Silverdale Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 2TA

Rowan Court is situated a mile from Newcastle-under-Lyme’s town centre, and has a rural outlook over fields and Lyme Brook.

It delivers care for those who need residential, dementia, nursing or respite services.

A special feature of the home is the ducks in the garden who have their own duck house. Many of the residents' rooms and lounges offer access to the surrounding gardens.

The Memory Care Suite focuses on dealing with dementia and uses the latest research when it comes to its programmes and therapies.

There are close associations with local schools and colleges, whose students join in with residents’ activities. Friends and relatives are always welcome visitors.

Group: Avery Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Jacinta Greatrex (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 76 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: 65 Yrs & over. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £790 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Rowan Court Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Rowan Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Rowan Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Rowan Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.887 for Rowan Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (126 Excellents x 5) + (14 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 141 Ratings = 4.887

The 4.461 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Rowan Court Care Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15.2 positive Reviews (76 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 15.2 Target = 0.461

9.3 Rowan Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.348) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Rowan Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Rowan Court Care Home

I cannot praise the team at Rowan Court enough for the immense support and comfort they gave us and our nan throughout her stay with them. After a long stay at various hospitals and an ongoing decline in our nan's health, we fought hard to get her transferred into the nursing care team at Rowan Court. Even though she sadly only got to stay with the home for a short while, we will always be thankful for the time she had there. Our nan didn't go there to die, she went there to live. To live in an environment that enabled her to regain the privacy, dignity and grace of being in a room that was a home from home. Where family could come and go as they pleased, in the knowledge that the caring, smiling, positive care team were there to fill the gaps when we couldn't. We will be forever grateful to the manager and the team for all that they have done for nan and for us as a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been a resident of Rowan Court for nearly three years. The home has improved during this time. The staff are always helpful, considerate, polite and happy in their work and caring for mum.
We are kept informed of mum's health and well being. Questions are answered when asked.
Activities are organized if residents wish to join in and all the family love the memory life storyboards.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I submitted a review recently regarding the wonderful care my sister received up until she passed away. My sister’s funeral was last week and the Manager at Rowan Court suggested we hold the wake there. I was so pleased we did because the staff did us proud. The food was delicious, there was no shortage of tea, coffee and juice. We asked if my sister could go to the crematorium from Rowan Court because that had been her home, we were told the staff would be honoured to watch her go on her last journey. And true to the Manager’s word, as many staff as were able paid their respects to her. Several of the staff who were not working attended her funeral, which me and my other sister really appreciated. So thank you Rowan Court, you were marvellous.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister was a resident of Rowan Court for 4 and a half years and it became very much her home. I and my family and visitors were made welcome with ample opportunity to discuss concerns with staff. Professional nursing care when needed was superb and all the care team treated her with affection, dignity and humour.
I cannot praise the home highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rowan Court is a special place full of special people.
My darling mum was cruelly handed a terminal cancer diagnosis aged 67. We were forced to look for a care home which would be able to look after her during the last stages of her life. Rowan Court and its wonderful team of staff surpassed both of our expectations and I couldn't be more thankful. My mum was treated with the utmost respect, dignity and care from each and every staff member. During a very distressing time, everyone made us feel incredibly welcomed, nothing was ever too much trouble and we even managed to have plenty of laughs - just what my mum had wanted. Not only was my mum's care personal, warm and unrivalled; spotless facilities, plenty of fun activities and lovely gardens create a truly wonderful care home.

I will forever be indebted to all staff - I couldn't possibly recommend this home more. Thank you all so, so much; you all really mean the world to me.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My 67-year-old friend of 48 years recently needed end of life care. Her son found Rowan Court.
On her first visit, my friend felt immediately relaxed and comfortable in the environment and she and her son decided that Rowan Court was the best place to look after her during the last stages of her life.
This turned out to be the best decision they could have made because she received exceptional care during the last few months of her life.
She was treated with dignity and compassion and all the staff went out of their way to ensure she was as contented as she could be during the time she was with them.
The staff were very sensitive to her needs during the latter stages of her life and I often found them sitting by her bedside holding her hand and comforting her.

The care she received was exceptional and I cannot recommend the home highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

As a family, we are confident that our mum has any assistance she needs to maintain all the activities of daily living. Due to Alzheimers, Mum's mental wellbeing can be challenging, however we have witnessed her being treated with the dignity and compassion she deserves. We have, at times, joined Mum for a meal. Thank you Rowan for encouraging this. We are impressed by the daily/monthly activity programme. It is well planned and aims to include the majority of residents. Our mum enjoys the artists that she can sing and dance with. All the staff, from handy man to manager are friendly and approachable. If we have any concerns we can speak with the 'senior' on duty, or the manager, at any time. As a family, we feel extremely lucky to have found Rowan Court for Mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

As a family it is a very difficult decision to choose a care home, we visited all the local homes and although Rowan Court was not the poshest by any means we did get the best feeling there. The staff were warm, welcoming and very knowledgeable and we are delighted with our choice. The care is very good and although the home needs a little tlc this is irrelevant to mum who is far too poorly to care or notice. Thank you to all the staff, cleaners, cooks, careers, nurses and the office, you are all fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lovely home, full of warm,welcoming friendly staff. The activities are very good, the manager very approachable and the rooms are spacious, modern and very comfortable. I highly recommend this home after having had to move my relative from another local home which was very poor.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Fabulous home, warm and caring staff. Thank you so much for everything you have done for Gramps and all of the family, we are absolutely delighted. Special thanks to everyone who made that first day so much less traumatic!

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Auntie was placed at Rowan Court by the Health Authority for her end of life care. We have been absolutely delighted, the staff are so friendly and professional. The care she is receiving is exceptional and I cannot recommend the home highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother moved into Rowan Court in December 2015. When she moved in she was quiet, withdrawn and unable to care for herself. Since moving in she has come out of herself even joking and laughing with staff and family. She is more confident about moving around because she knows the staff are there if she needs them.
The care staff go above and beyond to care and support my mum, and the caretaker will do anything that my mum asks. So can I just thank you on behalf of my family and myself for giving us our mum back.

Submit a Review for Rowan Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Rowan Court Care Home