Alveston Leys Care Home

Kissing Tree Lane, Alveston, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 7QN

Alveston Leys Care Home, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire

Alveston Leys welcomes both extended and short term residential stays and offers a range of tailored care packages for complex nursing and personal care needs, including Parkinson’s, respite, convalescence and palliative care.

Situated near the pretty village of Tiddington, this refurbished Georgian property boasts original features such as large windows and fireplaces and is set within pleasant grounds. Accommodation offers tastefully decorated rooms with a mix of single and double bedrooms as well as two self-contained living suites allowing for a more independent lifestyle. All rooms provide en-suite facilities and a 24 hour call system.

A varied menu of nutritional and appetising meals are served daily, and a choice of hot or cold dishes are offered. Afternoon tea and homemade cake is served every day.

Residents can enjoy a busy social program of events and activities including arts and crafts, exercises, quizzes and board games. All activities can be tailored to differing levels of mobility allowing everyone to join in. There are regular visits to the home from a mobile library and entertainers.

Person in charge: June Grant (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Alveston Leys Care Home: click here

8.3 Alveston Leys Care Home has a Review Score of 8.3 (8.335)

The Review Score of 8.3 (maximum of 10) for Alveston Leys Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Alveston Leys Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.585 for Alveston Leys Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (74 Excellents x 5) + (39 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 118 Ratings = 4.585

The 3.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Alveston Leys Care Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.250

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Alveston Leys Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Alveston Leys Care Home

Arriving at Alveston Leys, I was struck by the warmth and friendliness of the staff. The building and grounds are beautiful with a homely feel, rather than a sterile environment. My father spent the last 4 weeks of his life here and I could not have wished for a better place for him to be. He had a lovely room, which was spotlessly clean with beautiful views. Whilst able, he enjoyed joining the activities and the staff went out of their way to make him feel welcome.

His end of life care was excellent. The nurses and carers treated my father with love and respect. It was the little touches that stood out and made me realise that it was so much more than a job to them, such as making sure my father had his photos close to him and his favourite radio station on. They also supported me kindly throughout. My father spent his last days pain-free, peaceful and surrounded by love. The kindness and support shown to my father and myself made a difficult time so much easier.

How likely would you be to recommend Alveston Leys Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Alveston Leys Care Home responded to this review on 30 Oct 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review and kind words about our staff. Like you say it is the little things that make all the difference. I hope that in time you find comfort knowing that your father was well cared for and loved.

My mother wasn't looking forward to her respite care, never having had to use it before, but upon moving in with us and us going away, we had no choice.

Alveston Leys was wonderful. Staff are lovely and helpful. Mum enjoyed her time and said the food was very good. She made friends with people and staff and they looked after her very well, taking her for walks around the grounds and listening to her stories about her time in the war (she's 94). I feel confident about her going in again.

How likely would you be to recommend Alveston Leys Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Alveston Leys Care Home responded to this review on 31 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that your mum enjoyed her stay with us and hopefully she will come and stay again for some respite care. This must have given you peace of mind knowing that she was well looked after.

My stay at The Lodge was excellent for me as our bathroom was being re-fitted due to flooding through a burst pipe. I was very comfortable and well cared for. The food was good and the carers helpful. I enjoyed the prayer time too and my husband was able to visit me and sometimes stay for lunch.

How likely would you be to recommend Alveston Leys Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Alveston Leys Care Home responded to this review on 26 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review, we really appreciate it. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Alveston Leys and are happy with the care you received whilst you were there. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Mum has only been at Alveston for 6 months. We were delighted with the service shown to us before she arrived. She has a lovely room and the food is excellent. The reason for the rating is I thought more could have been done to "onboard" mum when she arrived. For a 91-year-old, this was a momentous move and I feel she was pretty much left to her own devices.
It was left to her children to follow up on things she needed. The other issue we've found is the high proportion of staff; she's very often left with agency staff overnight who she doesn't know, who appear to be unclear of their responsibilities and with whom she has no bond. That said, she's happy on the whole but I feel the attention to detail could be better for the money we are paying.

How likely would you be to recommend Alveston Leys Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Alveston Leys Care Home responded to this review on 24 Oct 2016:

My mum was discharged from hospital to Alveston Leys for end of life care. In the lead up to this, we had visited the home and had nothing but care and consideration for our situation and understanding of the difficult decision we were trying to make (mum only wanted to go home but that was not possible). The staff were excellent during mum's 3-week stay, being kind and considerate of mum's situation but caring for me as well.

They were patient with me when I got upset, tolerant of me, always there and provided a hug when needed, as well as putting up with family taking shifts to sit with mum through her last 2 nights.

The staff were fabulous and made a difficult time that little bit better.

How likely would you be to recommend Alveston Leys Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Alveston Leys Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

Thank you for your review and please accept our condolences. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I fell and broke my hip which was replaced in hospital June 2nd. I am 86 and live alone, so it was necessary for my son to find me a safe, secure, well rated, local nursing home for me to convalesce. He selected 'Alveston Leys Care Home' after an initial visit. Although I initially encountered a few minor problems, the management took immediate steps to meet my concerns, so the month stay was quite enjoyable. 'Alveston Leys Care Home' is a large 30 room catering to both residents and 'end-of-life patients'. Having been a manager in mass-production for many years, I was impressed by the well organised staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Alveston Leys Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Alveston Leys Care Home responded to this review on 03 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My husband has been going to Alveston Leys for more than two years, both for short stays and day care. He enjoys it and from the beginning we were welcomed by all the staff who provide a home from home atmosphere. He enjoys the meals and the friendship of other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Alveston Leys Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Alveston Leys Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

My mother spent 3 weeks in respite and within 4 days of her return home she asked to go back to Alveston Leys as a permanent resident. She loved the home, speaking very highly of the staff and level of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Alveston Leys Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our mum spent the last year of her life at Alveston Leys following a diagnosis of mixed dementia and suffering a hip fracture in a fall at home. She quickly came to consider it her home, and died there after a short final illness. I can honestly say that as a family we can't imagine a better service than the one provided by Alveston Leys. In every aspect, from the comfortable but still elegant accommodation, the appetising meals, the daily activities, the thoughtful personal care, but most of all the sheer kindness and compassion of all the staff both to her and to us as her relatives, the experience was superlative and when the end came, we were given every possible support to make mum's passing as dignified and gentle as possible. When we needed to be left alone with her, we were, and when we needed help of any kind, it was instantly there. And I know that mum spent a happy spring and summer there enjoying the sunshine on the terrace and looking each day at the beautiful gardens. This level of care is actually beyond price and I very much hope that the wonderful staff receive the recognition and value as employees that they deserve.

How likely would you be to recommend Alveston Leys Care Home? Extremely Likely

Has a very nice atmosphere not just the garden but the home itself. It strikes you as a caring place. I enjoy sitting in the garden looking at the flowers and being in the sun.

Submit a Review for Alveston Leys Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Alveston Leys Care Home