The Grange Care Centre

Field Drive, Shirebrook, Mansfield NG20 8BS

The Grange is located within easy access of the market town of Mansfield and provides specialist residential and respite care in a warm and friendly environment.

The rooms are all en-suite and are decorated to a high standard with modern facilities and amenities. The focus is on providing individual care to promote a healthy lifestyle with activity and diet.

The home is actively engaged with the local community. There are regular outings and activities and stimulating social sessions within the home, including games such as cards and dominoes, reminiscence sessions and themed days.

The home has a lovely garden for residents to sit back and relax in.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Local Authority / Social Services: Derbyshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Turn left from railway station, left onto Station Road and left again onto Central Drive until you see The Grange on your left.

Visitors welcome anytime.

Free on-site parking.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Grange Care Centre: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for The Grange Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Grange Care Centre in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.483 for The Grange Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (81 Excellents x 5) + (50 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 143 Ratings = 4.483

The 4.8 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Grange Care Centre is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 0.800

9.3 The Grange Care Centre has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.283) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Grange Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to The Grange Care Centre

• Grandson of Resident/Service User
  • Respite Resident/Service User

On my visits to Orchard Grange, I am satisfied that my mum is well cared for. The staff are very friendly and caring. Overall I am happy with the home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Likely

Maggie Blower, Home Manager at The Grange Care Centre responded to this review on 22 Dec 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review for The Grange Care Centre, we are always pleased to receive feedback and I will certainly share it with the team. We take great pride in providing the best care possible and will continue to do so for your mum.
Kind regards,
Maggie Blower, Home Manager

Dad has dementia and had to be admitted for emergency respite when mum went into hospital. The Grange isn't local to us, it is a good 30 minutes drive but due to the urgency, it was the only bed available. Dad was there a total of two weeks. He had his own room and toilet. The staff were very good with him and responsive to his requests i.e. he asked for a haircut .... so he got one :). The room and toilet were always clean and tidy, and Dad was always dressing and groomed appropriately.

We had to extend Dad's stay a second week and I had completely overlooked additional medication but the staff really put themselves out by fetching it from Dronfield where the blister packs were made up, what made us even more grateful was that it snowed that day but the member of staff still fetched his tablets.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review for The Grange Care Centre, we are always pleased to receive feedback and I will certainly share it with the team. We strive to provide the best care possible and have each resident’s person-centred care at the heart of what we do, we are more than happy to do all we can for our residents to ensure they have a happy and comfortable stay with us.
Kind regards,
Maggie Blower, Home Manager

I am very pleased with the care in the home. The staff are very friendly and caring, the home kept very clean and warm.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Maggie Blower, Home Manager at The Grange Care Centre responded to this review on 12 Dec 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review on our home, The Grange Care Centre. All feedback makes a big difference to our home and the staff and I will certainly pass your comments on to the rest of the team as they will be very pleased.
Kind regards, Maggie Blower, Home Manager.

All the staff are caring and helpful. I cannot fault the care Mum receives.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Maggie Blower, Home Manager at The Grange Care Centre responded to this review on 29 Nov 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on The Grange Care Centre, all feedback is much appreciated and I will certainly pass your comments onto the team. We strive to provide the most excellent care and have each residents person-centred care at the heart of what we do, I am very pleased to read you are happy with the care your mum receives.
Maggie Blower, Home Manager

The care home is brilliant. I am in for respite care. The staff there have looked after me very well after my heart failure and being in the hospital for five weeks.
I would like to stay longer as I feel well since I have been there. I would stay there again and tell my friends about it.
Overall very good and homely and warm.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your home, Louis, and to leave a positive review that I will certainly pass onto the staff. As you have experienced we strive to provide the best care possible for you and all of our residents, and I am pleased that you would like to stay longer and would recommend us to your friends.
Maggie Blower, Home Manager

All the staff are friendly and hardworking.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for The Grange Care Centre, all feedback is really appreciated and makes a big difference to our home and all the staff – I will certainly pass your comments onto the team.
Maggie Blower, Home Manager

I think the care home is excellent.
My mum is always praising all the staff. She is always saying she loves it. She is well cared for, the same as all the other residents.
The care home is always clean, all the staff have always got a smile and are laughing with the residents.
I highly recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for The Grange Care Centre, all feedback is greatly appreciated and I will definitely pass your comments on to the team. I am very pleased to read that you would recommend our home and that you are happy with the care your mum receives. We strive to provide the best care possible for your mum and all our residents, as you have seen, and have each of our service users person-centred care at the heart of what we do.
Maggie Blower, Home Manager

The first impression of The Grange is that it is a little rough around the edges. Decor, furniture, fixtures, and fittings are past their best. However, there is currently redecoration underway which is very welcome and I've been informed new furniture is on order so this may improve in the future. The rooms always appear tidy, homely and in good order.

The environment is more than compensated by the staff who appear very kind, welcoming and attentive. There are regular staff who know the residents well and are responsive to requests. The Manager is visible in the home and her door is always open for a chat or any queries.

The activity coordinator is an asset to the home and regular daily activities and entertainment are on offer, although for so many residents in the home it would be good to see more resources in this area.

Mum was very anxious and distressed on admission, but thoughtful care and management have made her settle well. I'm happy with the care she is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Likely

Margaret Blower, Home Manager at The Grange Care Centre responded to this review on 29 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for The Grange. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team, especially your very kind feedback regarding our onsite activity coordinator. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the care your mum is receiving. I am also pleased to hear that your mum has settled in and that you can see the on-going improvements we are currently making to the décor and furnishings.
Kind regards, Home Manager

Staff are friendly and helpful, the home is always clean and warm. Meals are more than adequate and have been nice when I have eaten with mum, although snacks between meals could be offered. Bedrooms can be decorated how the service user wants.
Entertainment is adequate and activities with clients are undertaken. Staff take into account individual needs and have always been respectful and caring with difficult residents. There are several rooms that residents can sit in on each floor so are not forced to be all together.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Maggie Blower, Care Home Manager at The Grange Care Centre responded to this review on 06 Mar 2017:

Thank you very much for your review.
It is lovely to hear such positive feedback for our home.
We do try hard to make the residents and their families feel welcome and at home.
Thank you again.
Best wishes.

Wonderful care home with clean rooms, good food and very dedicated caring staff. My Mum had been there for three years before her recent passing. Whilst in hospital after a recent stroke, the staff phoned to see how Mum was and always there if we needed anything. When she arrived back at The Grange on end of life care, we could not have asked for anything more. We were kept up to date every time Mum showed worrying signs so we could get to her and when the time came nothing was too much trouble. Endless cups of tea/coffee, food, staff on tap whenever we wanted a chat or to have Mum moved. Respect and dignity given at all times and very accommodating to family and friends. Thank you to you all for looking after Mum for the last three years. We would have lost her a long time before if it wasn't for the Grange. Highly recommended.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Trudy Godley, Care Home Manager at The Grange Care Centre responded to this review on 14 Dec 2016:

Thank you very much for your review.
We are so sorry that you mother passed away. It really was a pleasure to look after her.
It is lovely to hear that she enjoyed her time here and that you felt the staff did a good job.
It does mean an awful lot to us to make sure that our residents and their families are made to feel at home and well cared for.
Thank you again.

Best wishes.

My Uncle has been here for just under a week and he is so happy! From day one he immediately felt at home, saying that the carers are so lovely and cannot do enough for him. He is eating better than he has ever eaten, saying the food is amazing, cooked breakfast and fish n chips on Friday! He is the cleanest he has been for years and the most comfortable. He can't stop smiling! He is involved in activities and his room is huge and spotless. He is on residential care but he thinks it is more like an all inclusive hotel! We were welcomed immediately and nothing is too much trouble. Definitely the right decision and after hearing bad rumours about The Grange, I felt that I needed to give it some credit. Cannot praise it enough so far. Lovely knowing my uncle is not alone and has such caring people around him if he needs them. Thank you. A great weight has been lifted off our shoulders. You are true angels.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I would just like to say to the manger and staff at this nursing home a big thanks to all of them for the excellent service and care they give to my mum and family. Nothing is to much trouble, the excellent care and dignity they show towards my mum the home is kept to high standard. This was the hardest decision me and my sister had to make but it's the best one, thanks again to everyone who works at this nursing home for everything.

Submit a Review for The Grange Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Grange Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Grange Care Centre