Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home

Morgans Close, Polebrook, Oundle, Peterborough PE8 5LU

Group: Birchester Care Ltd

Person in charge: Helen Russell (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northamptonshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 52 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish, Romanian

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £770 – £850 Nursing Care Single £890 – £990 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

On entering Polebrook, the home is just off Main Street, Morgans Close at top of road, off to right at the end of a cul-du-sac

Car park on premises

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home: click here

The Review Score of 7.6 (maximum of 10) for Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 3.8 out of 5 from 4 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 3.813 for Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home is calculated as follows: ( (21 Excellents x 5) + (14 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (8 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 48 Ratings = 3.813

The 3.788 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 10.4 positive Reviews (52 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 10.4 Target = 0.288

7.6 Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home has a Review Score of 7.6 (7.601) from 4 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home?

Reviewer Connection to Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home

• Son-in-law of Resident/Service User

My mother has now been in Polebrook just eighteen months. The transfer from her previous care was very well supported by the home and she settled in very quickly. We have always found the staff to be helpful, supportive and friendly and they have acted promptly on any request that we have made concerning my mother's welfare.
The variety of activities are suitable for those that wish to partake. Polebrook sits in peaceful countryside and when the weather is good residents can sit out in the beautiful garden surrounding the home. My mother enjoys her room but a slight negative I feel is that the interior of the building is looking a little tired and would benefit from a ‘Make Over’. On the whole, we are very happy and feel very comfortable when visiting my mother. It is after all her home and she loves it.

How likely would you be to recommend Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home? Likely

My wife was taken into Polebrook nursing home suffering from advanced Dementia after I found I could not continue caring for her with the care and safety that she needed. The doctor said she should go there six months before because she was so ill. My wife settled in and adapted to the care very well. She was there for almost three years and I visited every day so I had every chance to ensure she was being well looked after and getting the care and attention she so needed. I saw the staff took every care of her ensuring she was always well turned out as I know she would have wanted. The food was always good, varied and plentiful catering for all requirements. My wife ate as well as she could for as long as her illness would allow her and the staff never gave up trying to get her to eat. The illness is very cruel and I knew where we were heading. But through to the end, my wife received love and attention from all the staff, as I did being there every day I was always welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home? Extremely Likely

The care given to our dear friend was amazing. He had complex needs and dementia so the care he required was 24hrs and the care he received was the best we could have hoped for. ALL the staff are caring, patient and kind. They go above and beyond for the residents, their families and friends. From the day he arrived to the sad day he passed away we cannot thank the staff enough.

Over the time my Mum in Law was resident here I was mindful the care she was receiving was declining culminating in our decision to find an alternative home. The comparison is stark and confirms our decision to move her even though we were mindful that the move would be stressful, I wish we had moved Mum earlier. I have complained to Polebrook but have had no reply even though they are committed to responding within three weeks leaving me no alternative than to raise my concerns with the CQC, local Clinical Commisioning Group, CMA, Police and the family's legal team. The emphasis at Polebrook is on revenue in my view, not those in their care. Stimulation is minimal (Mum has come alive since leaving), the food is appalling, it is grubby and dingy. No sign of humility or contrition from the management. The gold standard care Mum now receives truly emphasises the failings at Polebrook.

How likely would you be to recommend Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home? Extremely Unlikely

Submit a Review for Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Polebrook Nursing & Residential Home