Regency Care Home

140 Lily Hill Street, Whitefield, Manchester M45 7SG

Regency Care Home is conveniently situated in Whitefield, between central Manchester and Bury, and is within easy reach of local shops and other amenities including public transport.

The service provides residential care for people who need support with everyday activities such as washing, dressing or eating, as well as keeping on top of taking regular medications. Additionally, the service offers specialist residential care for people who are living with dementia or a mental health condition.

Nursing care is also available at the home for people who live with more complex medical needs.

Short-term respite care is also offered at the home to give family or friends a well-earned break.

Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is offered with choices being available. Special diets can be catered for.

With a dedicated activities coordinator in place, you will be rest assured that there will always be activities taking place in and out of the home for residents to enjoy.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Mary Crossley (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bury Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Regency Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Regency Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Regency Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.482 for Regency Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (81 Excellents x 5) + (44 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 139 Ratings = 4.482

The 4.667 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Regency Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.667

9.1 Regency Care Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.149) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Regency Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Regency Care Home

• Relative of Resident/Service User

Our grandma loves it here. She's settled in very well and made lots of friends, other residents and staff included. We, as a family, always feel very welcome and we are so grateful to all the lovely staff for looking after our grandma.
She is our world and we love her so much. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Regency Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2018:

Thank you, Clare, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience at Regency Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I find Regency Nursing Home very well maintained and staffed. The care my mother is now receiving is of an excellent standard and I could not ask more. I feel completely at ease knowing my mother is now in the best possible place.

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Regency Care Home responded to this review on 02 May 2018:

Thank you, Stewart, for your comments about your recent experience at Regency Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

Regency Care Home have been very helpful and accommodating in the placement of my father.
The staff are all friendly and professional and approachable. My father says this home is much better than his previous home. He is encouraged to join in the activities, he really enjoyed the Valentine's Day concert. I feel all my father's needs are met at Regency Care Home. Many thanks to all concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Regency Care Home responded to this review on 23 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Graham, for your comments about your recent experience at Regency Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I like it here very much. The staff are the nicest to me.

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Regency Care Home responded to this review on 04 Oct 2017:

Thank you, Alice, for sharing your experience of Regency Care Home with us. We really appreciate you letting us know how we are doing. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoy it here, and we love having you as part of our family!

I have been in the nursing unit at Regency for six months now. I have found the staff friendly, caring and supportive. They helped me enormously to cope with the upset of having to sell my home and were happy to listen while I showed them photographs and shared my memories.

At the weekend, I am taken by a member of staff to the local Catholic Church. This means a lot to me and has allowed me to become part of the local parish community. The staff here are very welcoming to my family and visitors who all agree that I am more confident, relaxed and happier now than I was prior to moving in here.

Living at Regency care home has certainly given me a new lease on life and my family and I are extremely grateful to everyone here for the wonderful care they provide.

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Regency Care Home responded to this review on 15 Sep 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that our staff have been so supportive during your experience here at Regency Care Home. Your praise and kind comments about our staff really keep us motivated! You are part of our family here at Regency and we are over the moon that you have been able to settle right in and feel relaxed. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help! Have a wonderful day.

The home is bright and friendly. The staff are happy to help relatives with any issues. They put the residents first.

My mother in law settled in almost the first week and refers to her room as her home.

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Regency Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

Sometimes, seemingly simple things are overlooked. My mother has no mobility and therefore needs items to be used in arms reach.

When mother is in bed, often her tissues are on the other side of the room. Used tissues are left lying on the floor, intercall switch is not within reach. The jug of fruit juice often does not have a cup to drink from.

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Likely

I love it here. The staff are friendly and it's like home.

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Regency Care Home responded to this review on 01 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Joyce, for sharing your experience of life at Regency Care Home. You are part of our family at Regency and we are pleased to hear that you are happy and feel right at home. Have a fantastic day!

My mum came to Regency yesterday, after a long journey from Kent. The staff were all so welcoming. The deputy manager stayed late to ensure she met mum and got her settled. The room has been made up beautifully. The staff came and introduced themselves but also didn't push mum as she has only just arrived. The deputy manager has been brilliant in the transition. Helpful and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was at the end of her life and was in the Regency for 10 days before she passed away. She was treated with respect and dignity from all the wonderful staff. She was spotlessly clean every day and cared for so wonderfully. The staff were so kind to her and I am so pleased that her last days were spent in the Regency. Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother, aged 91 years, has lived for almost three years within the care of the Regency Care Home. The responsibility of care largely rests with the permanent staff under the new, and current, manager. They are remarkable people with genuine commitment who have clearly embraced the new and revised codes of care, responsibility and conduct introduced within the last year. Not all things at the Regency are perfect, including staff not always having enough time for their allotted duties, detailed training of agency staff brought in when required, labelled laundry items going missing. But at the core of the care home is a big heart displaying North of England warmth. My mother regards the carers as her friends, and this is testament to their effectiveness and value, particularly in a modern world that seems increasingly distant and dismissive to the aged and vulnerable. Well done to all and keep up the good work!

How likely would you be to recommend Regency Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in this care home for year now. I could not want for a better place to care for her. While there is always room for improvement, that improvement would take it from is already 4 stars.

Submit a Review for Regency Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Regency Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Regency Care Home