Woodend Care Home

Bradgate Road, Altrincham WA14 4QU

*****3 weeks for the price of 2 for stays booked by 31 May 2018 and started by 31 July 2018. Terms and conditions apply, call for details*****

Woodend offers a welcoming atmosphere to residents who require nursing or dementia care. For those who need short term residential care the home is also an ideal choice.

On sunny days residents can benefit from visiting the large garden or sitting on the patio area to enjoy the warm weather. Each private bedroom boasts under-floor heating, profiling beds and a 24 hour call system which help residents to live as independently as possible in a safe environment.

The home works hard to cater for any special dietary requirements and seeks regular feedback on mealtime options to ensure everyone enjoys the food offered.

Regular reminiscence groups are organised for residents to help them live well with dementia and engage residents with activities. Gentle exercise is encouraged in the form of armchair aerobics to stimulate residents and keep people active.

Person in charge: Lance Tipper (Interim General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 79 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Italian, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Woodend Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Woodend Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 5 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Woodend Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.4 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.833 for Woodend Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (50 Excellents x 5) + (10 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 60 Ratings = 4.833

The 3.377 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Woodend Care Home is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 15.8 positive Reviews (79 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 15.8 Target = 0.127

8.2 Woodend Care Home has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.210) from 5 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Woodend Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Woodend Care Home

• Power of Attorney/Solicitor of Resident/Service User

On visiting my mother in Woodend I was made most welcome, I had driven for 2 hours to visit her I was asked if I would like a cup of tea or coffee. I also asked could I order a lunch to have with my mother, I requested a sandwich it was brought to me at the same time my mother had her lunch. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. I spend 2 hours with my mother and each time I visit, I get the same response "well done to all staff".

How likely would you be to recommend Woodend Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administator at Woodend Care Home responded to this review on 03 Aug 2017:

Excellent care home best in the area for nursing care.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodend Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Woodend Care Home responded to this review on 07 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager

The standard of care my father receives at Woodend Care Home is outstanding. The home has a welcoming atmosphere as soon as you walk into it. My father has been warmly welcomed into the home. He has been treated with the utmost dignity and respect and nothing is too much trouble for the staff to do for him. The staff have gone over and beyond to make him feel calm and settled. His face lights up when they talk to him. Their kindness and compassion has calmed the aggression that was apparent in his dementia. My father enjoys the varied activities that are provided and all the residents are made to feel part of whatever activity is going on. During the activities, I see him smile and interact with the staff. Thanks to the high standard of care he is receiving from Woodend Care Home, he has become more calm and peaceful.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodend Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Woodend Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear the overall services and care have made such an impact for your father and we appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mother has been a resident at Woodend Care Home for the past 18months. My mother was admitted to Woodend Care Home having been hospitalised. She arrived in a very low state however immediately I saw signs of improvement/recovery. My mother could not be happier now. I put this down to the kindness, care and support provided by the care team. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodend Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie, National Development Manager at Woodend Care Home responded to this review on 24 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

My sister lived at Woodend for over six years. She was treated with dignity, humour and compassion. The staff worked hard to ensure her comfort and when nursing care became necessary she was looked after as well as she possible could have been anywhere.

Submit a Review for Woodend Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Woodend Care Home