Hazelmere House Care Home

Pinewood Road, Summerfields, Wilmslow SK9 2RS

Hazelmere House Care Home, Wilmslow, Cheshire

Hazelmere House is a purpose-built home that offers many forms of care, nursing and rehabilitation to elderly residents. Residential, convalescence and respite needs are welcome, with carers also experienced in palliative care, as well as being able to tailor solutions to the needs of other medical conditions like Parkinson’s and Huntington's.

The home features spacious and comfortable accommodation providing a warm and safe environment, with views of gardens and nearby parkland, en-suite rooms and tasteful colour schemes. All bedrooms come with a remote controlled TV and a 24 hour call system and some have French doors leading out to the garden.

Special diets and tastes are taken on board when preparing the food menu, with snacks, afternoon tea and homemade cake further additions.

Interests and hobbies are encouraged, with art therapy sessions and a mobile library complementing some of the social occasions and events added to the calendar. Regular days out can be enjoyed such as trips to Tatton Park, garden centres, the theatre and the Blackpool Illuminations.

Person in charge: Sarah Geere (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, Malay, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Hazelmere House Care Home: click here

9.1 Hazelmere House Care Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.140)

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Hazelmere House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hazelmere House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.64 for Hazelmere House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (85 Excellents x 5) + (35 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 125 Ratings = 4.64

The 4.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hazelmere House Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.500

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hazelmere House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Hazelmere House Care Home

My only gripe would be small "maintenance" issues in the room / maintain it in good clean order.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelmere House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Hazelmere House Care Home responded to this review on 08 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very happy with the home. The care my sister receives is excellent. She is very comfortable here. She has been here for 7 years. Good choice of meals always available. Excellent activities. The care from all the staff and management is excellent.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Hazelmere House Care Home responded to this review on 16 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Happy with care and support provided by staff.

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Hazelmere House Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

I am the daughter of a resident. Mum has improved greatly since coming into the home. The staff have been excellent with my mother.

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Hazelmere House Care Home responded to this review on 22 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your views of our home and will share your comments with the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I am very pleased with the way my mother has settled. The room is lovely. I am really pleased with the fact she has started walking with her walker.

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate you views of our home and will share your comments with the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mother stayed for 7 weeks post surgery from October to December 2015 and the health and mobility improved enormously, enabling her to return home. Unfortunately her health has deteriorated and she has returned in January 2016.
The staff and management are all extremely friendly, helpful and caring. Medical support and attention is very prompt when needed.

Very happy with the treatment of my mum during her stay here. I feel her condition has improved since she arrived possibly due to the very caring and considerate attitude of those working here.

Happy with stay, cheerful, pleasant staff, food good, comfortable good attention.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelmere House Care Home? Likely

My mother has been in the home for 9 years until she died on October 1st. The carer she received over her time there was excellent and the home is very clean and well appointed. The staff were caring and helpful. I would recommend to anyone.

At times a bit too much chatter amongst staff and I do feel maybe there should be more staff for evening (not night). Every time I asked for someone to come mid evening they replied "We'll come when we can" and I felt such a nuisance, but I did need my bed with getting up so early (6am) I did need help undressing and getting into bed and my commode bringing in!! I think because I try to look nice and be nice to everyone the staff think I am younger than I am- 87 in Dec! I had a bad fall before I came in which has taken away my confidence.

Hazelmere House Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes at Hazelmere House Care Home responded to this review on 20 Aug 2015:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of the staff at Hazelmere House. We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please can you send your details to our customer services team - feedback@bupa.com - so that we can give you a call to discuss this feedback.

I have only come in for a week, while my family are away and I was very worried, as it is the first time I have been anywhere without my family, but I have been very surprised how good this home is. I can't speak highly enough of the care and attention that I have had. All the staff are amazing, nothing is too much trouble for them to do for you. The bedrooms are spacious, with ensuite. I am not good on direction, but one of the carers will come and take me from bedroom to downstairs in the lift. If you have to spend any time in a care home, you could not go to one better than here.

Submit a Review for Hazelmere House Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hazelmere House Care Home