Mount Hall Care Home

Flash Lane, Bollington Cross, Macclesfield SK10 5AQ

Committed to providing individualised care, Mount Hall is a nursing home with a dedicated team of staff who work hard to understand the needs of each resident. Care plans are offered for short and long term needs and include palliative and Parkinson's care.

Set within the beautiful Cheshire countryside, in the rural village of Bollington, this Georgian home has been carefully modernised and refurbished to provide a high standard of accommodation and facilities. Most bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms and views of the large landscaped gardens and all can be personalised to promote familiarity.

The chef is proactive in getting to know each resident’s dietary needs and checks regularly to make sure residents remain happy by offering a selection of tasty and nutritious home made meals.

Residents benefit from the home’s dedicated activity coordinator who arranges both daily and monthly activities such as film afternoons and garden parties.

Person in charge: Graham Dentith (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mount Hall Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Mount Hall Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mount Hall Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 19 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.804 for Mount Hall Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (184 Excellents x 5) + (38 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 225 Ratings = 4.804

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mount Hall Care Home is based on 19 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 19 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Mount Hall Care Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.804) from 19 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mount Hall Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Mount Hall Care Home

I would like to thank all the staff at Mount Hall for the professional care they give to my wife and for the assistance and advice given to my family and me at a critical time in our lives. I would also like to express my gratitude to the staff for allowing me to be with my wife in her hours of greatest need.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Gabriella Mills, Customer Advisor at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 23 May 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience with our care home and appreciate your comments. We will share your review with the care home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I would like to thank all the staff at Mount all for the professional care they give to my Mum. At a time of extreme family distress, as my Mum was not likely to survive. I cannot overemphasize the help and empathy shown to me and my family. They treat my Mum with dignity in a friendly atmosphere. She feels at home there.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Gabriella Mills, Customer Adviser at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about the positive experience you and your Mother are receiving in our care home. We greatly appreciate your comments on our staff and will share them with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Staff are all friendly and can't do enough to accommodate anything residents need (within reason). All very caring and understanding. Rooms and cleanliness are excellent. I don't think we could have found a nicer home for my dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Gabriella Mills, Customer Adviser at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 14 May 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that your Dad has had a positive experience staying in our home and glad you are happy with your choice. Your comments are appreciated and we will share with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very, very pleased with the care and attention provided to my husband by all the staff. They made a difficult fortnight for me very happy in the way they encouraged and looked after my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review of Mount Hall. We are pleased to hear about both you and your husbands positive experience and appreciate the comments you have made. Your review will be shared with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I look after my client on a regular weekly basis at the home. I have always been accepted very kindly and friendly by all the staff. Nothing is too much for them along with the management and nursing staff.
They have a very varied activity rota which the residents enjoy.
It is a lovely environment for the residents enjoy.
A big 'thank you' to them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at Mount Hall and appreciate your comments on our staff. Your review will be shared with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very happy atmosphere, never smells of bad smells. My mother feels safe there and all the staff are kind, happy and never bad-tempered with her. Any doubts I have re Mum's health, the nurses always put my mind at rest. I feel my mum is in the best place for care and think they have given Mum extra time.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Service Advisor at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 04 May 2018:

Thank you for your review and I am really pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with Mount Hall.

My mother has now been there for 7 months. From the very first day I called there I have had nothing but admiration for all the staff. It also has a homely feel. I have never had cause to complain about anything. My mother could not be better cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

I'm really pleased to hear that you are happy with the home, the brilliant staff and the care your mum has received.

An excellent care home with friendly, warm and caring staff. Extremely good nursing with a high standard of care in homely surroundings.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for sharing your review and I'm pleased to hear that you are happy with the home and care staff.

I am extremely well looked after by good nurses and excellent carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

I'm really glad to hear that you are well looked after. Thank you for your review.

My mother has settled here very well in such a short space of time.
I chose Mount Hall Care Home as I felt it had that homely feel and the house is very clean and like a home from home. The staff here are very helpful and adapt their skills to each individual with love and care. Great food! We are free to come and go at any hour and we're not restricted to certain times. The activities here my mum enjoys and they are varied and always enjoyable. I am kept informed of mums health and anything that may upset her and if she's ill it is dealt with quickly by a doctor.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review and I'm pleased to hear that your mum has settled in well at the home and is enjoying the activities there!

Removed my mother from home around Christmas following sudden physical disability, so a home needed to be found fast. Mount Hall was close to us and the home and all the staff couldn't be more caring, compassionate or helpful. My mother has settled in well and now for the first time in five years feels settled, safe and secure. She has made friends and has become very quickly an active member of the 'community'.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Service Administrator at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that your mother has settled in well and feels safe and secure with us. It is wonderful to know she has made friends and is enjoying the many activities in the home.

We couldn't be happier with the care given to my mother-in-law (not the most easiest of people to please!).
It is a home setting within a care home. All the staff greet us with smiles and conversation even though their work is very emotionally and physically demanding.
A care/nursing home is the last resort for families but our choice of Mount Hall has made the transition from home to home so much easier than we anticipated. With much gratitude and thanks for your help.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Stephen Rondel, Customer Adviser at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 24 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home. We understand how difficult it can be for families so we are always eager to make things as easy as possible for our residents.

Mount Hall Care Home has created a very supportive environment that has given my friend some wonderful experiences that have enriched her life. This journey has been exceptional given my friend's health and state of mind when she first went to Mount Hall. I firmly believe the major factor for the change has been the staff, care, appropriate meals and activities.
The medical care has been superb and the way the staff have understood her way has helped her enjoy her new home.
I have also received invaluable help with the administrative tasks that has made it much better.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 10 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and staff. It is lovely to hear how much your friend has improved while in our care.

This is the most pleasant and efficient nursing home that I have ever visited.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 10 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home.

Mount Hall is a wonderful place. If you cannot stay at home then Mount Hall is the next best place. The staff have been there for a long time and are very caring and thoughtful. The residents are treated with respect at all times and it feels like they are all one big family.
Relatives are kept well informed and are always made very welcome. I cannot speak highly enough of Mount Hall and it's staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services administrator at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 10 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review and such kind words about our staff. It is the little things like a smile or a little chat that makes all the difference and more like a family.

Mum had been in respite care and then a hospital when we were asked to find her a nursing home as there was nothing more medically that could be done for her. It's a minefield out there. We visited every nursing home that we could find within the Macclesfield area, and some I have to say were very depressing.
Mount Hall just felt right as soon as we went in and we were so pleased that they had a vacancy. We could not have made a better choice as mum was very comfortable there and was extremely well cared for.
Mum sadly died very recently and once again the staff were considerate of mum and our needs, they couldn't have been kinder.
I can't praise the team at Mount Hall highly enough for their care and consideration for mum's welfare and comfort throughout her time with them and I'd have no hesitation in recommending this nursing home to anyone looking for a comfortable, efficient, caring and friendly home for friend or relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Services Administrator at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 11 Apr 2018:

Thank you for sharing this with us and I'm sorry for your loss. I'm pleased that you had a positive experience at Bupa's Mount Hall and that your mother was comfortable and well-cared for there.

The most important aspect of Mount Hall is the kind and caring approach of the staff, which permeates all the staff, nursing, care workers, cooks, cleaning staff and so forth. My father is very well looked after and so far as I can judge of a man with dementia, he is content, calm and even happy. The home itself is well appointed with beautiful views. While one cannot escape from its being at heart a care home, the atmosphere is more akin to that of a small country hotel. This was the best home I could identify and has lived up to my expectations.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

As a resident, I feel that I am well looked after. Care staff are kind and considerate. I feel I have a good relationship with all staff members, carers, kitchen staff, housekeeping, laundry, administration and nursing staff. Any minor problems that have occurred have always been rectified within a timely manner and to my satisfaction.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Not only am I the daughter of a resident at Mount Hall Care Home, I had the chance to see the other side of the coin when I went into the home myself for respite.

I cannot speak more highly of the care and kindness I received across the board from the housekeepers to the nursing sisters.

How likely would you be to recommend Mount Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Mount Hall Care Home responded to this review on 06 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your respite with us and for your kind words about our staff.

Submit a Review for Mount Hall Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mount Hall Care Home