Charlton Court

477-479 Bradford Road, Pudsey LS28 8ED

Group: A D L plc

Person in charge: Kelly Hopkinson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leeds City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 64 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single up to £457 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Charlton Court to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Charlton Court: click here

The Review Score of 7.8 (maximum of 10) for Charlton Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Charlton Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.1 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.767 for Charlton Court is calculated as follows: ( (93 Excellents x 5) + (19 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 116 Ratings = 4.767

The 3.078 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Charlton Court is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 12.8 positive Reviews (64 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 12.8 Target = 0.078

7.8 Charlton Court has a Review Score of 7.8 (7.845) from 10 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Charlton Court?

Reviewer Connection to Charlton Court

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

Finding this care home has been a godsend for my elderly brother and his wife. From day one of their stay, the staff have been fantastic, going above and beyond to make them feel welcome, giving them 1st class care. As for myself, I cannot thank them enough for their care and support in what has been a very demanding and stressful eight months, juggling my own busy life alongside the sudden responsibility of my brothers and sister-in-law's affairs.

Thank you all so much, I can't thank you enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlton Court? Extremely Likely

My parents were adamant that they would never go into a care home. That is of paramount importance. Mum is presently in hospital and Dad, on his own, had a fall the other night. I had to get him safe.
There was a room at Charlton Court, which is near my home, so I insisted he was unsafe and needed to spend a few nights there.
Friendly, helpful, caring. These words simply do not begin to describe the marvellous welcome Dad received. The best accolade I can offer is that when Dad saw Mum in hospital today, he told her that he thought they should move there to be looked after. This after ONE NIGHT!
Everyone makes us feel like they want Dad to be there and to bring Mum as soon as possible.
I truly never realised a care home could be as good as this.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlton Court? Extremely Likely

Having recently returned to the UK from living in Canada for a number of years, my wife and I visited Charlton Court Care Home in Pudsey to visit my Cousin Susan. We were pleasantly surprised from the outset of our visit at the very welcoming and friendly staff. The establishment was extremely clean and tidy, well furnished and gave the impression and feeling of a comfortable home from home.
I cannot express how high we regard the people running the home, from top to bottom they deserve the highest praise and credit for keeping their patients safe, clean and comfortable. I personally have the utmost respect and admiration for each and every one of them.
It must be of great comfort to people who have immediate relatives residing in such a care home as this, and I mean this with all sincerity.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlton Court? Extremely Likely

My dad has been a resident at Charlton Court, Pudsey, for about three months now and the difference in his health and demeanour is nothing more than amazing. The staff are so caring, helpful, loving, sympathetic and often funny, yet always very professional. They have helped him settle in and he now truly thinks of it has his home. He has started to join in the activities and enjoys the company and the "banter" with other residents and staff. The food is great (I can personally vouch for that as we were invited to join dad for Christmas dinner and it was delicious). His room is spacious and comfortable and the facilities are great. The garden looks lovely and we can't wait to enjoy that more in summer. I feel we have made the best choice for dad and now know we can look forward to many more years with him. Thank you to all the wonderful staff for making this transition so smooth.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlton Court? Extremely Likely

My nan came to Charlton Court about 5 months ago. She had been unwell in the hospital for 6 weeks and was told she couldn't go home and needed to go into a home. Our family was devastated, especially my mum and Aunty, as they had looked after her for so long at home but just couldn't do it any longer. We picked Charlton Court because of the lovely things residents and their families told us when we went to have a look around. The staff look after my nan, making sure she's got everything she needs, the home is bright and clean and welcoming. My nan is really settled and my mum and Aunty can now be daughters instead of carers. Thank you, Charlton Court you are truly amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlton Court? Extremely Likely

My mother in law was ill in the hospital for several weeks, it came as a shock to the family in October 2016 when we were told she needed full-time care. Mothers social worker suggested a number of homes one of which was Charlton Court. We went to visit several but nothing compared to Charlton Court so we jumped at the chance to get mother there. The staff are warm and welcoming and you can tell they genuinely "love" the residents as they would their own family members. They tend to all the resident's needs in an outstanding manor. The food is excellent (my wife visits at lunch time she says it's just a coincidence but I'm not so sure that is the case :-)). Mother has a room which is well maintained and very clean. The home is bright and in excellent repair. Medication is given on time and the nurse is on hand for any problems mother has and is referred to GP when necessary. Charlton Court is a wonderful place and mother and us are extremely happy to be a part of "The Charlton Court Family".

How likely would you be to recommend Charlton Court? Extremely Likely

Mum came to Charlton Court in Oct 2016. Mum has her own room which is a GOOD SIZE AND EXTREMELY CLEAN. The staff offer dignity, a high standard of care and consideration to Mum at all times. They discuss Mums needs with mum and family at all times. We are welcome at any time and are always greeted with a smile. The staff are awesome and the Care home is amazing. We were a bit apprehensive at the thought of mum going into full-time care but without a doubt, it was the best decision for mum and us as a family. We looked at several homes but Charlton Court was"simply the best". I can Highly recommend Charlton Court and I hope they have a room for me when my time comes :-).

How likely would you be to recommend Charlton Court? Extremely Likely

My 90-year-old mother who has dementia and is partially sighted was welcomed to the bright and cheerful environment of Charlton Court six months ago after several weeks in hospital. Those weeks had seen her deteriorate but with the patience and loving care given by ALL the staff from catering, cleaning caring, nursing and management she settled in and was happy in what she soon regarded as her home.
She has just returned to the home after a 26-hour stay in A&E, required because tests could not be done more quickly. This was very distressing for her particularly because of her inability to express her needs. Her eventual return to Charlton Court at 9 o'clock in the evening saw her warmly welcomed and she immediately relaxed and smiled because she was home.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlton Court? Extremely Likely

Excellent staff, good standard of cleanliness and excellent care.
Food always to a high standard and nursing staff understand the needs required of the residents.
Always well informed about all aspects of medical care.

How likely would you be to recommend Charlton Court? Extremely Likely

My mum who suffered from Alzheimer's & mixed dementia was admitted to Charlton Court in January 2016.
We as a family cannot praise highly enough the care my mum received during her short stay, she sadly passed away after only a few weeks here.
During those weeks every member of staff showed care, compassion & professionalism from the reception staff to the carers & qualified staff.
The home was clean & comfortable and had all the facilities you would expect.
The family were always kept well informed on my mums day to day care & she was always kept clean & cared for regularly throughout the day and night with our wishes noted and acted upon if needs be.
During her final few days her care was dignified and the staff were genuine in there support to both the family members and mum.
As a family we cannot praise everyone highly enough, the staff made a traumatic time for us more bearable with their genuine concern and caring natures.
We would certainly recommend this home to anyone searching for somewhere for their loved ones to be looked after & happy.

Submit a Review for Charlton Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Charlton Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Charlton Court