Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home

Westfield Lane, South Elmsall, Pontefract WF9 2JX

Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home, Pontefract, West Yorkshire

Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home offers a care service that respects individual needs and independence, offering both long and short-term care packages.

The property has been purpose-built for efficient care, in pleasant surroundings and with landscaped gardens, welcoming people with a form of dementia and many with physical disabilities.

This Pontefract home is registered with the Care Quality Commission for up to sixty service users, in a welcoming environment that families and loved ones of residents can also join in with.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: City of Wakefield Metropolitan District Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home: click here

9 Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9 (9.046)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.629 for Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (142 Excellents x 5) + (48 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 202 Ratings = 4.629

The 4.417 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.417

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home

Very satisfied with my husband's care. I'm more relaxed at home knowing my husband is being looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Alison Nicholls, Home Manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 09 Jun 2017:

I would like to thank you for your kind words. Your husband has not been with us for very long and I realise it was a difficult decision for you to make when he came to stay with us. It is pleasing to hear that you are more settled at home in the knowledge that he is cared for.
I will pass on your message to the care team.
Thank you once again.

My mum was a resident at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home for 18months, she had vascular dementia, the care staff are absolutely fabulous, nothing was to much trouble, we spent many hours visiting mum and we were always made welcome, the nursing staff were excellent, mum passed away on the 5th of January this year, in her final hours she was made very comfortable, we stayed for 2 nights, where we met the night staff that you never really get to see, and they were just as nice as the day staff, although you don't want your loved ones to go into care or nursing home I can only say from my own experience that Warde Aldam is wonderful to thank you for looking after my mum

Dad has only been at the home for 2 weeks and we as a family are very happy and couldn't be any happier with everything. Staff are lovely and very very helpful.
They tell you everything and will help with anything. Dad settled quickly which was good for us as a family, it being the first-time dad has been away from home.
5 stars to the home. Excellent!!

Alison Nicholls, Home Manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 21 Mar 2017:

I would like to thank you for your kind words in your review. I know this was a very difficult decision for you and your family for your dad to come and live here and I am pleased to hear that you feel that he has settled in. You all have become part of the family. I will pass on all your kind words to the staff team. Please feel free to get in touch if you want to discuss anything my door is always open.

I moved my husband into Warde Aldam from Stockingate 3 weeks ago, I only wish he had been there a year ago. He would be awake all night and sleep most of the day, at Warde Aldam, they got him a bed that rises up; and now he sleeps all night and is awake when I visit every day. It is more expensive but worth every penny.

Alison Nicholls, Home Manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 14 Mar 2017:

We would like to thank you for your kind words about the home and the team at Warde Aldam. You and your husband have been with us for a short time however you already feel part of the family and it is a pleasure to see you every day and care for your husband. I will pass on your kind words to the care team.

My mother was welcomed as a resident on 24th November to Warde Aldam. As soon as we pulled up outside, a young member of staff (who it seems is the activities coordinator) gave us all the warmest of greetings, but particularly my mother who was addressed by name. Other staff couldn't have been more friendly and understanding. One, in particular, listened very carefully to the care needs of my mother and made her room homely and is really on the ball. When we visited two days later we were given a warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble.

In 2015 my wife's mother was admitted to this care home, and during the time she was there, she received the highest standard of care that we could have wished for. Unfortunately, she was only there for five weeks and sadly she passed away.
I would like to thank every one of the staff for all their kindness shown to us at that sad time.
Now, my mother is residing in the care home. We had no hesitation in making this decision. Having already seen the standard of care first hand, I can honestly say that all the staff are first rate, and they walk the extra mile to make sure that all residents are extremely well cared for.
Any question regarding a resident is answered truthfully and discreetly, and you are made aware of any problem encountered very quickly. I cannot praise the staff enough for all the help they afford us when we visit and believe me this doesn't happen in all care homes !!

Alison Nicholls, Home Manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 05 Oct 2016:

Can I firstly give my condolences for the loss of your mother in law and even though she was with us for a short five weeks, she became part of our family.
It is always pleasing to here kinds words of appreciation from residents and relatives. Yours in particular means a lot to the staff and the home as it shows the hard work we have put in to caring for people has paid off.
We are now able to extend that caring touch to your mum and she is already a member of our extended family.
I have passed on your message to the staff team, thank you once again

Since my sister became a resident in December 2015 she has seemed really settled. The staff show real compassion and care at all times and are excellent at making sure all the residents are made to feel special in their own way.
They understanding of extremely dementia residents is exemplary.
They are always courteous, helpful and make visitors feel welcome at any times. They make life fun and enjoyable as much as possible for all the residents in their care. Have already recommended this care home on numerous occasions.

alison nicholls, home manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 02 Aug 2016:

I would like to thank you on behalf of the staff at Warde Aldam for your kind words.
All the staff really enjoy their work and it is reflected in their smiles. It is in our philosophy of care to always be courteous and treat everyone with dignity and respect, so when someone states that the staff are doing this, then I feel very proud of the whole team. It also shows that the knowledge and understanding from their training, they have been able to implement this in their delivery of care.
Alison

This is the first one I have received. In regards to the care home, which is perfect, all the staff are so caring, easy to talk to. If I have any problems they will help me if at all possible. I know that my husband is being well cared for. A big thank- you.

Alison Nicholls, Home Manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 15 Jul 2016:

All the staff at Warde Aldam really want to thank you for your kind words. It is always nice to hear.

I am very pleased with my husbands home. He seems so settled there and he loves all the staff. They are so good to him. It is a pleasure to go and sit with him. I have already told people about the home and how good it is run. I hope with all my heart he will be able to stay.

Alison Nicholls, Home manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 14 Jul 2016:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have past on your thoughts to the manager and his the team. He wanted to tell you how much you and your husband meant to him and that both of you have become part of the family and we hope this is for many years to come.

My husband has been in the care of Warde Aldam for about 2 years. The carers are very good. The overall standard of the home is good mostly. But I would like more stimulation to take place there isn't enough. My husband likes to go for a walk in the air, but I don't think there is enough staff to take him when I am not there. Need to make this happen.

How likely would you be to recommend Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Facilities: Poor

Management: Poor

alison nicholls, home manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 30 Jun 2016:

It's good to know that you feel that are pleased with the care that your husband receives at Warde Aldam. As you have indicated we have some fantastic care staff that take immense pride in caring for our residents and enhancing their lives.
Warde Aldam strives to provide stimulating and diverse activities which are happening in the home on a weekly basis, however we thank you for your comments in perhaps expanding our activities to incorporate more opportunities to hold activities outside.
We look forward to having a further discussion with you around further improvements. relatives input is always valuable. Thank you.

I have not been to a review yet as my husband has only been there since January but so far everything is going well and we are well pleased with the care my husband receives.

Alison Nicholls, home manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 29 Jun 2016:

Your husband has only been with us a short time , but already you both feel part of the family.
I would like to thank you for your kind words and I will pass then on to the staff team

My sister settled into Ward Aldam as soon as she moved in. She seems very happy there. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. Ward Aldam is a very clean place set in countryside. It has a warm homely feel. There are lots of amenities including hairdressing and chiropodist etc. They also have entertainment in the lounges and sing a longs. There are lots of raffles at Christmas, Easter etc. Overall it is the best care home I have ever been in. I am happy because my sister likes living at Ward Aldam and is treated with respect and the dignity she deserves.

It is always a difficult time and decision for people to move into a care home and I'm comforted by your statement that your sister has settled well and that she enjoys living with us, as it is a pleasure for us to care for her.
Our activity organiser works very hard to make sure the residents are entertained and that their quality of life is enhanced by the events they organise.
I will pass on all your kind words to all the staff team and I wish to thank you for your support.

The staff at Warde Aldam are all extremely caring, helpful and friendly to residents and visitors. It helps that most of them are local people. The nurses in charge are very professional.

Alison Aicholls, Home Manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 21 Jun 2016:

The staff at the homes take great pride in their work and the care that they deliver. They all feel part of one big family.
It is always nice to hear good comments and I would like to thank you for your kind words.

During the 18 months of my experience I have found ALL the staff courteous, with a ready smile, always ready and happy to help. Security is excellent with the attractive main entrance electronically controlled. Connecting doors to main areas are key coded to ensure residents safety. Fire alarms checked regularly with residents room doors closing on alarm. Residents have access to a secure, quiet and pleasant garden. In general, Warde Aldam is a place where I at 97 would be happy to spend the rest of my days.

Alison Nicholls, Home Manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 21 Jun 2016:

All the staff really enjoy their work and it is reflected in their smiles. It is in our philosophy of care to always be courteous and treat everyone with dignity and respect, so when someone states that the staff are doing this, then I feel very proud of all the hard work in their training and that we do have the best staff.
We have had a lot of work done at the home and I am glad you feel that it is inviting and that you and your wife feel secure and safe.
Thank you again.

My auntie has been happy at the nursing home. All the staff are kind and the best.

alison nicholls, home manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 20 Jun 2016:

All the staff work very hard and we pride our selves on the care we deliver so it is always nice to here comments as nice as yours.
Your family have become our family and we really appreciate all the support you have given us.

My sister has been very well looked after during her stay in your facility. All the staff are friendly, helpful and cheerful whilst working in an extremely difficult environment. I am grateful and satisfied that my sister is being well cared for and I am thankful to the staff for looking after her needs.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Your sister has become part of our family and all the staff think the world of her.
I am very proud of the staff team and I am sure they will take great comfort from your kind words. Thanks you again and god bless

My mother-in-law was cared for by the staff at Warde Aldam for approximately 4 years - initially and throughout with chronic Alzheimer's Disease, and latterly in need of a great deal of nursing care and attention.

My wife and I can well appreciate how difficult it can be to provide a first class product and service to those in need of such care, but in Warde Aldam we not only found a place with the facilities and fabric to do so, we also found staff who's dedication and patience were second to none.

My mother-in-law passed away on 31 July 2015 but the enduring sadness will be made easier to bear by the knowledge that Warde Aldam made her as comfortable as anyone could in such difficult circumstances. We are extremely grateful to the staff in general and in particular to two real stars who also helped the whole family through these last difficult years.

Alison Nicholls, Home Manager at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home responded to this review on 11 Aug 2015:

Thank you so much for your kind words and endorsement of the work we do at Warde Aldam. You are right, it is hard work but our team consider it a vocation and making a difference to your loved one and the rest of the Warde Aldam family makes it all worth while. Mum was with us for four years and will be remembered fondly and missed by all of us. If there is anything else we can do to help you know where to find us and please drop in for a coffee if you are in the area, you know you are always welcome.

Submit a Review for Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Warde Aldam Christian Nursing Home