Redesdale Court Care Home

Rake Lane, North Shields NE29 9QS

Redesdale Court is a purpose-built care home located in North Shields, on the beautiful North East coast. Redesdale Court is managed by Debbie White who has had many years’ experience of running a care home. Together with her dedicated team she is able to deliver the care you need 24 hours a day. Her aim is to value each and every individual who comes to stay at Redesdale Court and to ensure their every need is attended to.

The Home is organised across two floors with spacious living accommodation comprising of several smaller lounges and dining areas. Like all HC-One care homes, Redesdale Court is decorated throughout to the highest standard. The bedrooms are large and well-equipped and all come with ensuite facilities, some offering their own shower. All the facilities you might expect and some you might not, such as plasma televisions in the lounges and in some of the bedrooms, a beauty salon, direct dial telephones to every room, unlimited WiFi access and a Nintendo Wii.

As well as having a beautiful interior, Redesdale Court boasts fabulous landscaped gardens and outside sitting areas for residents to enjoy the fresh air!

Person in charge: Michelle Jones (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 53 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Redesdale Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Redesdale Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Redesdale Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.779 for Redesdale Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (173 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 213 Ratings = 4.779

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Redesdale Court Care Home is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.6 positive Reviews (53 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 10.6 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Redesdale Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.779) from 18 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Redesdale Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Redesdale Court Care Home

The staff at Redesdale Court are all amazing each and every one of them they look after me when I visit as much as they look after my husband I could never thank them enough. I often stay for my tea and the food is 5* thank you so much

How likely would you be to recommend Redesdale Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The service is excellently led whereby all of the staff lead by this example. My dad is completely cared for, respected and treated with dignity. We as a family cannot thank or praise the staff enough nothing is too much for them they are all amazing. It is lovely being able to leave dad and trust he is in excellent hands. Thank you all so much!

No request is refused. Everybody treats you with love and care. I can't speak highly enough of them from the management to the laundry assistant.

Extremely happy with all aspects of care at Redesdale Court. Staff work so hard and stay patient, friendly and efficient through the whole shift. Which is amazing with the challenges they face every day! The administrator is efficient and always had a friendly smile when we come through there door or when we're leaving. Management go above and beyond what's expected of them, especially the general manager. She cares about and appreciates her staff and the residents. I know my mam is so well cared for and safe.

I was first drawn to Redesdale Court for my mother by the excellent CQC report. When I came to inspect the care home I was impressed by the clean and modern appearance of the home and the helpfulness of the staff. The first impression has improved as time has passed and the staff treat my mother as if she was theirs.

I find Redesdale Court to be excellent in every aspect. The care, commitment and respect of every member of staff to both residents and family and friends is excellent and cannot be faulted. I would have no doubts whatsoever to recommend this care home to others.

Could not recommend Redesdale Court more highly. The staff are the most caring personnel with residents' best interests at heart.

Redesdale Court gives excellent care to my mother. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and my mother is looked after with great care and dignity. My mother enjoys living here with the food and the social activities.

We cannot fault the home at all - It is very good and my wife is settled there.

Care provided is excellent, however, the bedrooms are a bit sparse. The service's integration with Occupational Therapists/Health and Social services is very good.

My mother suffers from dementia and has been resident at Redesdale Court for over two years.
We have been very happy with the standard of care she has received - the 'outstanding' CQC rating is well-deserved.
Residents are treated as individuals and with dignity.
The staff are friendly and committed.
I feel we couldn't have made a better choice.

Our Mum has been at Redesdale Court since October 2015 in the EMI unit.
The care home is kept to a high standard and all care staff are very supportive and helpful.
It makes visiting easier for us as we can take Mum into the large lounge which is a change in scenery for her.
We are informed if Mum is unwell or needs anything.
This care home deserved the recent CQC outstanding result.

Mum's been in Redesdale for three years now, having come in originally in 'Grace' she now is on the residential arm.
She is happy and likes all the staff - she has a door out into the garden with a small patio, gardening is still of great pleasure to her and the fact we can have planters and bedding plants cheers her up no end.

How likely would you be to recommend Redesdale Court Care Home? Likely

This is a lovely place, where the staff are very kind and caring about all their patients.
My father is receiving all the treatment and care he needs here, for a safe and happy return home.
The team are dedicated to their patients.

My mother lives in Redesdale Court. She is very well looked after by all the staff and has a pleasant life. She especially enjoys her trips out with the activity coordinator and misses her when she is on holiday.

How likely would you be to recommend Redesdale Court Care Home? Likely

Reluctant to place my husband of 62 years in a care home I eventually had to as I could no longer manage to care for him myself at home. After visiting many homes in the area my daughter and I arrived at Redesdale Court and immediately knew that we had found the perfect place warm, friendly welcome, spotlessly clean, flowers in abundance and delightfully friendly staff - perfect! That was 2 years ago and my sentiments have not changed. My husband is looked after with love and consideration to his Alzheimers at all times and I am welcomed by all the staff at any time of day or night. I could not wish for him to be anywhere but Redesdale Court.

My friend has been a resident for over a year. I have visited each day except for 7 days over this time. The building is spotless, warm and inviting whenever I come in the day, morning afternoon or evening. The staff all shifts are pleasant and helpful. Sometimes under very stressful conditions with it being an EMI unit. The programme of events published for residents is hard work but the staff just take it in their stride and the residents enjoy the events. I would hope that if I needed care in the future my family would place me in this establishment.

My nanna was a user of this care home on the cancer ward and this care home is brilliant, without a doubt the best I have come across. My nanna was very well cared for and we were kept up-to-date with her care as a close family my nanna died peacefully on 8/2/14 and all the staff/nurses/doctors were amazing 10000 stars from us.

Submit a Review for Redesdale Court Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

November 2011

Food Hygiene Rating 5

Recipient: Redesdale Court Care Home

Date: Wednesday 23 Nov 2011

Michelle

Michelle Jones

Joined: 2016

What does ‘kindness’ mean to you?

“I believe kind care to be warm and affectionate, showing compassion and respect for the person’s individual choices.”
Michelle has gained over 15 years’ experience in providing care and support to older people, to enrich their lives. She is a knowledgeable and dedicated leader who is passionate about delivering the highest standards in care and quality of life for Residents.
Michelle closely shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She extends this caring approach to her colleagues and works closely with them to deliver care and support to Residents in a way that they gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

She also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby schools and clubs and is always keen to include the local community in life at Redesdale Court.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Michelle remarked: “I love seeing that my residents are happy and that my colleagues and I have made a difference.”
If you would like to find out more information about Redesdale Court, Michelle has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal discussion.

You can contact Michelle on 0191 293 1340 or via email on redesdalecourt.manager@hc-one.co.uk

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Redesdale Court Care Home