Highgate Care Home

610 Old Edinburgh Road, Uddingston, Glasgow G71 6HQ

Highgate welcomes a range of care needs, offering dementia care as well as nursing, palliative, convalescence and respite provision, and care for those living with Parkinson's.

Highgate offers a warm and homely environment allowing residents to feel relaxed and comfortable. Bedrooms provide pleasantly decorated and furnished accommodation and include a 24 hour call system, TV and telephone points.

Full cooked meals are made with fresh local produce and the experienced chef takes account of personal taste and diet.

Residents are supported with hobbies and personal interests, with themed and seasonal events adding to the social atmosphere. Regular visits from entertainers and a mobile library can also be enjoyed as well day trips to places of local interest.

Person in charge: Michelle Ferrey (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Lanarkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 80 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Highgate Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Highgate Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 24 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Highgate Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.674 for Highgate Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (210 Excellents x 5) + (62 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 288 Ratings = 4.674

The 4.563 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Highgate Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16 positive Reviews (80 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 16 Target = 0.563

9.2 Highgate Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.237) from 24 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Highgate Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Highgate Care Home

I have enjoyed being here. The treatment of all staff is excellent.
I also enjoy all my food.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband is looked after well. The staff also communicate well with me. I am very happy with the care provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would highly recommend Highgate Care Home for anyone who needs long-term care for their elderly relative.
The level of care and compassion from all members of staff is of the highest standard and they always exceed our expectations to ensure our aunt is happy and well cared for.
The rooms are bright and homely and the dining experience for patients is to hotel standards.
The activities are fantastic and our aunt is encouraged to join in but it is always her choice which gives her a level of independence.
We are very happy we chose Highgate and we know our aunt is looked after with complete compassion and dignity and is completely safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

From my first visit to view Highgate, I have been struck by the professionalism of all the staff whether in their dealings with the people in their care or their relatives.
From the moment she moved into the home, they have treated my aunt with dignity, patience and understanding even in difficult circumstances.
The staff are clearly trained to a high standard and have an excellent knowledge of the difficulties that their clients face whether physical or mental. Meals and facilities are of a high standard. The people in their care are encouraged and supported to take part in a variety of activities but are allowed to choose.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

I wouldn't be any happier in heaven than I am in Highgate and I've said that every day I've been in here.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

I recently visited the home for respite care. I am pleased to say the staff at Highgate looked after my mother demonstrating fantastic care and compassion. I was overwhelmed by the care and support shown towards her. I plan to continue to use Highgate for any respite periods I may need. My mum loved Lucy the dog and joining in singing in the choir.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Highgate since December 2017 and I'm delighted with the care and attention she gets.
Her improvement since entering Highgate is great. She is now eating well and speaking a lot more to other residents and myself. She is more alert and enjoys the activities that take place in Highgate.
A big thanks to all the staff in Highgate.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother suffers from dementia and has been a patient at Highgate Care Home for two and a half years now. I, along with the other members of my family, have been delighted with the level of care and attention she has received at Highgate Care Home.

There are a significant number of highly motivated and very caring staff at Highgate Care Home, from the Carers, the nursing staff to the management, kitchen and admin staff. In combination, they provide a very warm, welcoming and caring environment and they show great respect and affection for their patients in their day-to-day dealings with them. I have no hesitation in recommending Highgate to anyone looking for a secure and loving care home for their parents or relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 08 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

My wife moved into Highgate Care Home on 23/12/16. Since then, she has been well looked after. Nothing is too difficult for the excellent staff. The meals are first class, laundry service good and she is kept clean and tidy. Office staff are good and helpful. No complaints.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 04 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your response. I'm so glad that your wife has settled and that she is well looked after. It must give you peace of mind knowing that she is well looked after.

My father has limited mobility, a heart condition and Parkinsons. He moved to Highgate just before Christmas and has been a great move for him. Staff are warm, friendly and helpful. Nursing staff are timely with dad's medications and proactive in keeping me informed on how he is doing. The room was freshly painted just before dad arrived and is cleaned daily. Dad was able to take his favourite chair and we were able to have Sky TV installed for him with no problem. I have been delighted with how well everything is going and dad is happy - which is the most important thing.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 03 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Reviewed every three months, staff are very good at letting you know about medication change and level of communication my mum has. The staff are friendly and always helpful when you need any help or information.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

Overall I am pleased with my gran's care. The staff especially the care assistants are all very good. Also nursing staff. The home could do with a freshen up but my main concern is that my gran is cared for and I have no concerns at this present time.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 13 Oct 2016:

Nice, kind place to be. Well looked after. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. It's home.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother in law has been a resident for approximately 6 weeks. She is thriving within the home. The staff are caring and attentive. nothing is too much trouble for them. The atmosphere is great.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 07 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The staff could not be more caring or helpful. They treat my gran like a real person and not a job, they are fantastic. The facility itself is second to none, they get to watch movies and there is even a bar. My gran herself does not drink but I just think having this social area and being able to relax is great. My gran feels like she is on holiday.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 24 May 2016:

More than with present set-up, mother would like to spend some time (weather permitting) in garden as she loves outside (fresh air). Sleeping and eating well. Family satisfied that she is well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Staff always friendly and accommodating often rushed off their feet but always time for residents and visitors with a smile on their faces. Facilities could do with a freshen up and updating in places, however always kept to a high standard of cleanliness. The professionalism and upbeat nature of the staff more than make up for any criticism of the facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 16 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents' health and wellbeing is our absolute top priority. We will discuss your feedback with the homes manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Mum moved to Highgate on 30th March 2016. Everyone - Manager, Administrator, the unit managers and all the carers made this move for Mum and the Family possible. When I called the morning after mum moved the the admin lady was able to tell me all about mum before I was even transferred to the unit. Mum is being looked after so well. Before she moved it was impossible to get her showered or clean clothes. Now her personal care is being attended to. She has been seen by the doctor and is being stimulated.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 29 Apr 2016:

It was a difficult decision to put my mum in a care home, and with Highgate we feel that we have struck gold. The staff deal with her with warmth, care, compassion and humour. As a family, we can be confident that my mum's care needs both personal and social are being well catered for. There is a full schedule of activities that she regularly joins in with, and the atmosphere is open and friendly. If anyone I know had to make the same difficult decision, I would not hesitate to recommend Highgate as a safe and caring place for an elderly relative to stay in.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Highgate Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

Staff and management are very helpful with information on my mother's care.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

Well looked after. Plenty of inter-action and engagement. Staff very good in all areas of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

A bright and happy care home. Staff and housekeepers always attentive to cleanliness. Home is clean and tidy, and kept in good state. Staff are all very attentive and helpful, nothing is a bother. Residents and friends and relatives all looked after very well. Always plenty of activities happening, and good music and films for residents to enjoy. Food an tea breaks are plentiful. Everyone seems to be very content.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

The home has excellent staff from top to bottom. Every time I visit the home you get a very warm welcome from the staff. The meals are nice and plenty of eating. The rooms are all clean and tidy. The staff treat all the residents like normal people they see the person not the illness. The residents are all clean and tidy different clothes every day. Happy with everything at the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgate Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been enjoying respite care in Highgate Care home for the last 2-3 years. She suffers from advanced dementia and needs 100% care. I can honestly say the experience each time has been fantastic. Every member of staff go the extra mile to ensure mum and everyone else has a loving, caring experience you can only hope for. I have recommended Highgate to family and friends and 2 other family members are and have been residents also. On behalf of my mum "Thank you for caring".

Submit a Review for Highgate Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Highgate Care Home