Belong Warrington, Warrington, Cheshire

Belong Warrington, a £9.5 million state-of-the-art care village was unveiled on 18 August 2014.

The village centre is open daily, with facilities including a bistro, hair salon, exercise studio, function room and therapy rooms.

Care services including home care, Experience Days (day care centred in the village amenities) and an Admiral Nurse service for people with dementia, will provide opportunities for community outreach.

The village has 72 household suites and provide specialist care settings, providing 24-hour care, including nursing and dementia care. The village also has 18 apartments where people can live entirely independently.

Group: Belong Ltd

Person in charge: Janine Curwell (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warrington Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 73 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Belong Warrington: click here

8.5 Belong Warrington has a Review Score of 8.5 (8.538)

The Review Score of 8.5 (maximum of 10) for Belong Warrington is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Belong Warrington in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.7 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.833 for Belong Warrington is calculated as follows: ( (110 Excellents x 5) + (22 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 132 Ratings = 4.833

The 3.705 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Belong Warrington is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 14.6 positive Reviews (73 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 14.6 Target = 0.205

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Belong Warrington?

Reviewer Connection to Belong Warrington

We have total peace of mind that my mother is here and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Warrington? Extremely Likely

Janine Curwell, General Manager at Belong Warrington responded to this review on 18 Oct 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Belong Warrington. We are pleased to hear that your mother is happy here. Our staff work hard to ensure we maintain high standards of care throughout the village and so we are delighted to hear that this has been your experience.

My husband has late stage Alzheimer's disease/dementia. I very much appreciate the person-centred approach to care and the way care is adjusted as my husband's condition has worsened. He has diagnosed 7-8 years ago and moved into Belong Warrington on a year ago. For a person with dementia this relaxed approach to time for getting up, personal care, bed times has really helped even at meal times, If he is having a difficult day and misses the regular times they give him his meal specially prepared if necessary. When he is ready. He settled in very well and is mostly relaxed and not agitated and that to me is very important.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Warrington? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Warrington responded to this review on 10 Apr 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Belong Warrington. We are happy to know that your husband has settled in well at the village and will share this with the staff team who will be delighted to know they are making a difference. Kind regards.

First rate modern facilities in super spacious and ultra clean environment. Each unit is designed for no more than 12 residents with a dedicated kitchen, lounge and reliable care teams could not be more friendly, nothing is too much trouble and the daily "regime" is both relaxed and flexible. They even baked a cake for Dad's birthday. The home is very well run by a highly focused and professional management team with support staff who are all equally friendly and welcoming (kitchens, cleaners, reception staff ). My father is very happy to be a resident, and to call Belong Warrington his "home"!

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Warrington? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Warrington responded to this review on 22 Feb 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Belong Warrington. We are delighted to hear that your dad is settled and happy at the village and that your overall experience is a positive one. We will share your comments with the staff team at the village. Kind regards.

Mum has been attending the "Belong (Warrington) Experience Days" on a weekly basis for the last few months. From the first time I dropped her off, I have experienced a professionalism and warmth of welcome that is First Class. When placing mum in the care of others is it vital to know she is going to be looked after - the staff at "Belong Warrington" provide that reassurance because they clearly have a genuine concern and care for those they are looking after. Add to the skilled and friendly staff the outstanding, modern facilities and you have an excellent provision for the care of family members. Mum enjoys her time at "Belong" and frequently comments on the way in which she is taken care of by "lovely staff" and how she enjoys the activities she undertakes. I have complete confidence that mum's needs are being met and that she is cared for by outstanding staff who enjoy their work. I recommend "Belong Warrington" to others looking for the very best care for their relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Warrington? Extremely Likely

Becki Prince, Customer Support and Marketing Administrator at Belong Warrington responded to this review on 12 Sep 2016:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this incredibly moving feedback. It was a privilege to support your mum and it is crucial to us that we make people's time with us as special and positive as possible. It will mean a great deal to our experience day teams to read your comments and I will ensure they are shared with everyone. Thanks again.

My husband attends the experience days 2 afternoons a week and I could not have chosen a better place for him. My initial impressions were excellent, from entering the building and speaking to the receptionist, to discussing my husbands needs with the experience coordinator, during which I was provided with a couple of forms to complete.
Initially, my thoughts were, what a lot of information is needed, but then I realised that this showed how thorough Belong are with their approach to each patients needs. Belong is unlike any other care facility I had been in previously and especially the public areas.
Everyone who I spoke to was extremely friendly and immediately made me feel special, so I felt sure that my husband would feel the same way too. My husband has now been visiting Belong for approximately 6 months and the care and attention he receives, in my opinion is excellent and I especially appreciate the update of what he has been doing during his afternoons attendance.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Warrington? Extremely Likely

Becki Prince, Customer Support and Marketing Administrator at Belong Warrington responded to this review on 26 Jul 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review for Belong Warrington. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

We were so relieved when we found Belong. Having to find care for my mother coming out of hospital after she had broken her hip and the doctors said she couldn't return to her flat. My husband and I were set the task of finding suitable accommodation. We were beginning to despair and had a place reserved in a standard type home when we found Belong.
There was such a relief when we saw the standard of care the cleanliness and the household arrangement. I know my brother and sister are still grateful to us for finding such a high standard of care for my Mum because they also felt that sigh of relief that this standard of care was what she deserved.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Warrington? Extremely Likely

Becki Prince, Customer Support and Marketing Administrator at Belong Warrington responded to this review on 20 Jun 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Belong Warrington. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

My mother, who had advanced dementia, passed away in Belong Warrington last week, she had been living there for 13 months. The care she received throughout her time at Belong was exemplary and far exceeded my expectations. She was expected to die in Belong as we had DNR on her records and in the event of her final few days were as pleasant and as comfortable as they could possibly be. She died in her own room with her favourite classical music on the radio and her family with her. The nursing support provided was sensitive and effective in preventing her from experiencing any obvious discomfort. The staff at Belong are a credit to the organisation and I cannot speak too highly of them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Warrington? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Warrington responded to this review on 16 Mar 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about Belong Warrington. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the care your mother received. May we take this opportunity to extend our deepest sympathies to you and your family.

From the start of our difficult decision to consider residential care for our mum Belong have been supportive, honest and professional. The admiral nurses listened to our concerns and senior staff were always supportive and reactive to our needs. Once in respite care mum was treated with kindness, dignity and respect and staff at all levels were simply "wonderful". The environment and ethos of the Belong village ensured that as a family we were welcomed and part of our mums stay. The staff within the household fully understood our needs and our mum was treated and respected with care and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Warrington? Extremely Likely

After an intensive search for a care home for our 94 year-old Mother, Belong was the only place we found that offered exceptional comfort, quality and facilities in a 'normal', i.e. non-institutional environment.

The level of care, respect, attention and encouragement our Mother received throughout her year there was amazing. The management and staff are great human beings. Everyone one meets has a smile on their face and a positive attitude; nothing is too much trouble.
The Belong model of care for seniors is the way all care homes should be. The atmosphere is vibrant and uplifting, never depressing.

Sadly, our Mother died recently, unfortunately while we were out of the country. Whilst we were arranging return flights, the manager voluntarily undertook many tasks in our absence, I.e. liaising with the hospital on our behalf, releasing staff for hospital visits, registering the death for us, and contacting undertakers, all the while keeping us informed of progress via email and phone. All of the staff who could be spared and some who were off duty came to the funeral and the reception that followed. At such a sad time, we were so grateful to feel we had our Belong 'family' around us.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Warrington? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Warrington responded to this review on 12 Oct 2015:

Thank you for your lovely comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to give this feedback and are delighted to learn that you were happy with the service.'

I have never met such helpful, genuine staff in any care home I have visited before. The ambiance in Belong is lively and friendly. The house my father lived in was beautiful and clean, his bedroom had everything he needed with a fabulous bathroom that catered for all his needs. The food served is a superb standard. I can not thank Belong enough for looking and caring for my dad so well.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Warrington? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Warrington responded to this review on 07 Oct 2015:

Thank you for your lovely comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to give this feedback and are delighted to learn that you are (or your relative is) happy with the service.'

Belong has provided for my father, security, comfort in an excellent facility with excellent care by extremely friendly and professional staff in a friendly environment. I would recommend belong to who ever would need this facility. I would like to thank belong for the care and support they have provided for him.

Submit a Review for Belong Warrington

March 2013

Care Home Provider Award

Recipient: Belong Ltd

Date: Wednesday 13 Mar 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belong Warrington