Mountfitchet House

Coltsfield, Stansted Mountfitchet CM24 8LH

Mountfitchet House is a new purpose-built care home situated in Stansted Mountfitchet within the Essex countryside, delivering residential, nursing and specialist care for people living with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia. It also delivers short-term respite care, sensitive and palliative end of life care.

Mountfitchet House opened its doors in October 2014 and has 60 ensuite bedrooms. Although its location is within a small village, it has great links to major motorways and a regular train service to London and Cambridge. It is easily accessible from Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Suffolk.

With facilities such as its own cinema, hairdressing salon and stylish café, as well as a caring and professional team, your loved one can continue to lead a fulfilling and enjoyable life.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Allison Squires (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mountfitchet House: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Mountfitchet House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 23 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mountfitchet House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.728 for Mountfitchet House is calculated as follows: ( (201 Excellents x 5) + (68 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 272 Ratings = 4.728

The 4.583 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mountfitchet House is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.583

9.3 Mountfitchet House has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.311) from 23 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mountfitchet House?

Reviewer Connection to Mountfitchet House

My mother in law was fortunate to be accommodated for a short period of palliative care at Mountfitchet House. Every single member of staff looked after her so well. They were kind, respectful and went above and beyond to make her last few weeks the best it could be. They also looked after us and her husband, feeding us too!
What an amazing place, keep up your brilliant standards and thank you for everything. God bless all of you.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

Mountfitchet House care home has completely changed my opinion of care homes. The love, attention, care and support it not only displays to my mother on a daily basis but our entire family, makes an otherwise painful heartbreaking experience just that bit easier.
I know when I walk out those doors after visiting my heart feels happier knowing she is being genuinely well loved and cared for in my absence. I could not ask for any more for my darling mummy. Thank you to every one of you for all that you do for us all. I will forever hold a special place in our hearts and if my mum could tell you also in hers.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

Very positive. I feel great, care is being made to look after my father. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

First class residence, I feel very satisfied that my mother is being well looked after.
I made the right choice of care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

The staff are very good and friendly. The rooms are like hotel rooms. All in all would recommend to everyone who needs this service.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

The home is clean and welcoming, staff are attentive and friendly, especially the receptionists. Carers and nurses are never too far away in my nan's suite and are always attentive and able to help at a moments notice.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

Each visit we have is great. The staff are friendly and the care is excellent. The coffee shop is great, especially to get someone off the unit who struggles to go out. Would highly recommend.

I am a coeliac.
The catering manager and her team managed my gluten free menu requirements very well.
They went to a lot of trouble getting my food and making is very interesting and tasty.
Very much appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

My Father was admitted as a resident in November 2017 in the nursing care/dementia unit. After a relatively short stay, my Father passed away in February 2017.

During that time he was treated with the utmost care, consideration and dignity. My family visited on a daily basis and were also treated in the same way - the Nursing staff at all levels, and including management and ancillary staff, showed compassion and understanding during this difficult and heart rendering time.
Our only disappointment was that my Father was unable to 'enjoy' the excellent facilities provided.
Our family will always remain in the debt of Mountfitchet House who made my Father's last days as comfortable as possible with staff who could not have treated him or us any better.
I am unable to comment too much on Activities, due to his deteriorating condition, but we did enjoy Christmas entertainment which we shared with him and will remember with pleasure.

Thank you to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

My Mum came here originally for respite but has now decided to stay full time. She has early stages of dementia and mobility is poor. Since she has been cared for here, had regular drugs and regular food, coupled with a high level of care she is physically better than she has been for years. The care she receives is made personal to her needs and is of a high standard from some lovely compassionate carers. The team here do all they can and more to ensure care is carried out with dignity and try and stimulate the patients as best they can. The home is immaculate and has a lovely feel about it.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

It is a very nice and clean home. They take care of my wife.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

My uncle transferred from another home to be near his family, and to secure the level of care he had come to need. In the 20 months since the transfer, he has settled in very well and is comfortable and happy in his surroundings. The staff are all very cheerful and supportive. There have been times when we've made special requests and we have been pleased and satisfied with the prompt action we've received from everyone at the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting a friend once a week for the last year and a half. I've visited a few care homes before and so far this is the nicest home I've visited. I would be comfortable recommending Mountfitchet House to anyone and would also be happy to stay there myself should the need arise.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

I have found the home to be very clean. My dad has had the very best of care - but I do think sometimes, this is lacking at the weekend, when agency staff are on duty. When he needs one-to-one care, it always seems to be in place. Overall, I am very happy with this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

Samantha Debenham, Marketing Support Administrator at Mountfitchet House responded to this review on 23 Nov 2016:

Thank you very much for your comments Sandra. We’re grateful for the feedback and delighted that you are pleased with the cleanliness of the home and standard of care your dad receives. With regards to staffing levels, I would like to assure you that we do a full dependency analysis for each resident, which is used to plan staff deployment accordingly throughout the week, 24 hours a day. This is to ensure that the care is safe and appropriate for each resident’s needs. We take your concerns and feedback seriously and would like to thank you for sharing your views.

My sister suffers from dementia, her general health deteriorated as she was not looking after herself and losing weight through not eating or drinking. The care she receives has turned things around. She has gained weight and is much happier, enjoying being with people and not feeling lonely. The staff treat residents with respect, maintaining their dignity despite dementia. The activity organiser helps to maintain normal activities eg. going to a garden centre or a pub, as well as activities based in the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

My family have found the care home very nice - warm and comfortable, the staff are caring and helpful. My husband and I celebrated our Diamond 60th Wedding Anniversary on the 27th of October. The care home provided the accommodation for a family party. My daughters arranged with the chef the food etc and we all had a very lovely time. I personally don't know what the cost was, but everything was most satisfactory. Obviously, mistakes have been made at times, but the standard of care etc is good and my husband is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

Mountfitchet House is a bright, airy and well-equipped home, where my father received excellent care for the last months of his life. During this time his needs were met sensitively, with a smile, time for a joke and a chat when he was able and most importantly he was always treated with dignity and respect. His friends and family were always welcomed at whatever time we visited and kept well informed as to his day to day condition. During the last few difficult days, we received caring support and comfort from all staff and when we needed to leave his bedside we could do it with confidence that he was being well looked after and he was in fact rarely left alone. The staff selected music from his collection for him to listen to and even spent time sitting and reading to him. I cannot fault the care that Dad received at Mountfitchet House and will always feel grateful that he spent his final weeks in such a caring, supportive environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

We, as a family, who visit regularly find that the home is very welcoming clean and family orientated. There are always the extra little touches. My husband is completely dependent on the staff for everything. One example he does love music and being bedridden they even arranged for the gentleman who was giving the residents a concert to visit my husband in his room and play for him personally so touching. The medical care is excellent too. We would definitely recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

My dad is in Burnells section he is 95 years old, has macular degeneration of both eyes, dementia and incontinent. I have looked after him for 12 years. It was very hard to place him in a nursing home but they were wonderful, caring and knew how difficult it is to let go. They visit him daily, talk to him and gave him a lovely birthday. I cannot praise them enough. My dad is very lucky to be in such a caring facility.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

The care was excellent and my husband enjoyed the food. Unfortunately my husband was 6ft tall and had long legs so the bed was a bit too short for him. I would recommend two or three longer beds or adaptable beds which could be used.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

Irene Mucklow, Sales & Marketing Team Coordinator at Mountfitchet House responded to this review on 29 Sep 2015:

We’re grateful for your feedback and are delighted with the positive comments for the care and support we provide. We would also like to thank you for the constructive feedback and will arrange for the senior team at the home to get in touch and discuss any concerns with you in person.

From the very first moment we felt that my mum would be cared for in here and when she moved in, it actually was just that. My mum has been very well cared for from the beginning and every day since. I am very happy about all the care she has received and is still receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

I genuinely can only describe Mountfitchet House as absolutely superb. There isn't a single aspect that is less than excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Mountfitchet House? Extremely Likely

My dad was admitted directly from the hospital with very nasty bed sores which had been allowed to fester. On arrival at Mountfitchet House he was immediately assessed and a treatment plan put in place. The care, compassion and kindness show to him (and me) have been so comforting. The staff were very informative and very willing to explain and answer any questions. We will be forever grateful for all their love and kindness shown to us as a family. Thank you for this opportunity to thank you this way.

Submit a Review for Mountfitchet House

posted 22 May 2018

Please call us on 0127 988 8524 for current bed vacancies

December 2017

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mountfitchet House