Ventress Hall

22/28 Trinity Road, Darlington DL3 7AZ

Ventress Hall Care Home is a purpose-built accommodation suited to the efficient practice of many forms of care, taking on both long-term and short-term personal needs.

The home makes an excellent contribution to care in Darlington, with up to 106 places available in total, though carers remain dedicated to a personal service throughout all areas of the provision.

Residents are able to relax in a conservatory and have their own hair salon on site, with many social events and entertainments to look forward to.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Judy Wray (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Darlington Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 106 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ventress Hall: click here

The Review Score of 8.5 (maximum of 10) for Ventress Hall is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.1 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ventress Hall in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.124 for Ventress Hall is calculated as follows: ( (55 Excellents x 5) + (55 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) + (11 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 137 Ratings = 4.124

The 4.33 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ventress Hall is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 21.2 positive Reviews (106 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 21.2 Target = 0.330

8.5 Ventress Hall has a Review Score of 8.5 (8.454) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ventress Hall?

Reviewer Connection to Ventress Hall

• Respite Resident/Service User

Mam's stay in Ventress was pleasant and she was made to feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Likely

Age 91, 92 in a few weeks. Medical history, frequent falls, fractures, ambulance, X.ray, crack in the tailbone. Recovery prediction 6-8 weeks. The first visit to Ventress Hall, made welcome immediately, very impressed with all services. Treated with confidence, ability, courtesy. All facilities of a pleasing standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Likely

My relative spent almost a month at this home on respite following a hospital admission.
I found big concerns regarding communication. Inability to speak to my relative by phone, attitude of management. Commode in the room not emptied and poor care standards (staff told my relative soiled at 2 pm and did not take her to toilet until approximately 4.15pm).
Television not placed in room until family asked for it and then put in area of room where she could not see it.

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Extremely Unlikely

Samantha Debenham, Marketing Support Administrator at Ventress Hall responded to this review on 28 Feb 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to review Ventress Hall. We are very sorry to hear about the issues you have raised. We are saddened that you didn’t bring your concerns to our attention on the day you visited so that we could have had the opportunity to put things right and reassure you about your relative’s care. We are aware of the difficulty we have with the telephones in the home. Because the mobile signal is patchy, having to rely on taking a relative to the office for the landline is not always easy, but we are looking into how we can improve this. We do not provide TVs although we do have a small number of TVs that have been donated to us which we provide upon request.

Friendly staff, very clean, good facilities. You only need to ask!

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Extremely Likely

My mother hated the idea of leaving her home to be in a care home, but since she came to Ventress Hall three years ago she is very glad that she is a resident.
Special mention to the activity coordinator who initiated a creative way for my mum to keep contact with me and my sisters as we all live very far away.

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Extremely Likely

Care very good except the body washing, I was used to having a shower daily and I don't feel nice and clean like I should. One face cloth wet under the tap is not my idea of clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Likely

Samantha Debenham, Marketing Support Administrator at Ventress Hall responded to this review on 13 Sep 2017:

Your positive comments about your care at Ventress Hall are greatly appreciated. We are sorry to hear about your concerns about body washing, which we were not aware of until you mentioned this to the Clinical Lead of the Nursing Unit. We have updated your care plan, staff have been informed of your choice and we are pleased that you have now seen an improvement. We will liaise closely with you to ensure that this does not re-occur. Should there be anything else that causes you concern, please do bring it to our attention immediately.

The home food delivery service provided to my aunt by Ventress Hall is excellent. They are reliable and trustworthy. The staff who deliver are pleasant, friendly and helpful. The food is nutritious and varied.

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Extremely Likely

The staff from the top to bottom were giving every effort to make my stay. Meals were very good and well served though in some instances delayed to those of us who were at the table. Overall my stay was well worth while.

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Extremely Likely

My mother is 92-years-old, has signs of dementia and cannot support her own weight so needs everything doing for her. From the moment that we arrived, we were made to feel welcome. The room was so homely, not like other care homes that we had seen. The staff were all genuinely friendly and caring, they were not just there to do a job, they treated my mother with the greatest of respect and dignity. the meals were good, with a reasonable menu to choose from, they always arrived hot.
On the day that my mother was to leave for home, she was made ready by the staff in good time, unfortunately, the transport was late (no fault of Ventress), she did become distressed after a while. I was so taken aback by how everyone took an interest in her welfare and were so supportive in helping to comfort her, they all went that extra mile.
I would highly recommend Ventress Hall and when my mother needs to move into permanent care this will be our choice.

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Extremely Likely

I cannot thank the staff of Ventress Hall enough. During an extremely stressful time for myself, family and mum they went above and beyond to reassure me and her. The care she received was exceptional and the prompt action by staff literally saved her life.

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Extremely Likely

In a short space of time I have gone through the most testing time of my life with the death of my mother and the professionalism of Ventress Hall staff in my hour of need was better than I truly expected.

How likely would you be to recommend Ventress Hall? Don't know

Very happy with the care Mum receives.

Submit a Review for Ventress Hall

December 2017

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ventress Hall