Timperley Care Home

53d Mainwood Road, Timperley, Altrincham WA15 7JW

Timperley Care Home is an Altrincham facility from the portfolio of Kingsley Healthcare, registered to offer personalised care packages for up to fifty one service users as a time.

Nursing and Residential services are all available from Timperley's skilled carers who are extensively qualified to look after people with a form of dementia.

Residents have access to a landscaped garden and users with dementia have one-to-one sessions that are effective in protecting key life skills.

Group: Kingsley Healthcare

Person in charge: Jane Abdoh (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 56 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Timperley Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.3 (maximum of 10) for Timperley Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 26 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Timperley Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.564 for Timperley Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (235 Excellents x 5) + (39 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) + (9 Poors x 2) + (10 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 307 Ratings = 4.564

The 3.768 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Timperley Care Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 11.2 positive Reviews (56 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 11.2 Target = 0.268

8.3 Timperley Care Home has a Review Score of 8.3 (8.332) from 26 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Timperley Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Timperley Care Home

• Son-in-law of Resident/Service User

This is a very well run home. Great staff, carers, nursing and activity coordinators and office staff.
The best nursing home that I have experienced.
It is always clean and smells nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff at this home should always be recognised. Mother has been there for many years. The first floor treats their residents as if they are at home - can't do enough for them and thanks seem inadequate. Lovely and caring staff who are insufficiently recognised and appreciated for their dedicated work for the Home residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

Overall very happy with the care provided over the five years, auntie has been well looked after and safe. Staff are approachable and can answer questions correctly. Residents are treated with dignity in their twilight years.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Likely

I am overall very satisfied with the care given to my mother at Timperley. Staff are excellent, doing their best for the residents in sometimes difficult circumstances. The home is well run and has good facilities. In a care industry tarnished by bad establishments, I am grateful that Timperley offers such good care to my Mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident for over two years and we are grateful to the kind considerate team that have cared for her over this time. Nothing is too much trouble and it puts our minds at rest knowing she is happy and treated with dignity and respect.
When our father became too ill to live in his own home we would not have been happy for him to go anywhere else but Timperley Kingsley since being a resident our father has received only the very highest standard of professional care and most importantly kindness.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum was in Timperley Care Home for 2 years. During her time there she was treated with care and dignity. Staff were friendly and engaging with the residents, and visitors were always made to feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife was a resident in the home for 2 years. The care and dignity given to her and my family was fantastic. Staff were friendly and my wife was settled and happy here. The relaxed atmosphere generated by the staff contributed to her well-being. Previously to coming to the home, she had shown excessive anxiety and aggression.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

A really caring care home - the best in Trafford by far. Both of my parents are in Timperley Care Home. My Dad for medical care and my Mum for Lewy Body Dementia. It was devastating to have to put them in a home but, the management and staff are so helpful and caring that it really helped us to overcome our fears about leaving them in the care of others.

Our family feel really grateful to have found Timperley Care Home and we feel they have our parents best interests at heart.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

As I visit every day I have first-hand knowledge of the running of the home. I would like to say how friendly all the staff are and nothing is too much trouble. I am always met with a friendly smile. My husband's room is spotless.
The new management is first class and there has been a huge improvement since they took charge.
I would certainly recommend Timperley Care Home to anyone looking for somewhere to place their loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

All of the staff and management are friendly, cheerful and helpful. The home is well run, modern and bright and feels very safe and secure. My Dad is happy, likes the food and most of all is very well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

My grandad came to this home where he was welcomed, cared for and it felt homely. The staff at this home are dedicated and friendly. The home is so bright and modern and my grandad enjoys the food. I would recommend this home to anybody who has loved ones and they want the very best care for them. I am so happy my grandad is getting the care and attention he needs. My grandad now always looks nice and clean and looks better in himself so thank you all at the home for all your hard work.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have my aunt here and can say I am more than impressed and satisfied with all areas of this home. My aunt is looked after extremely well and with care and respect. The staff are very caring and I cannot fault this.
I am always informed of anything that involves my aunt's care.
The whole care home is run excellently.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since my dad has been at this care home he is happier, contented and well groomed. He has been to a few homes in the past and has been very unhappy. My dad is a lot cleaner in his self and only started to have a shower and bath since he has been here which is a credit to the staff that has coached him into doing this. The staff, food, facilities and caring is outstanding and all the family are so happy with this home and knows he is getting the care he needs. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

I came to visit my grandad at this home and I was very surprised how lovely it is. I have seen the change in my grandad since he has been here and makes me feel happier when I visit now he does not get upset when I leave. The home is modern, bright and clean. The staff are so dedicated they spend a lot of time with the residents, nothing is too much for them. All the family have not got the worry now as we know he is being well cared for. Thank you to everyone for looking and caring for my grandad.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot fault this care home. My father-in-law care is exceptional.
Very professional and caring staff. Warm and friendly atmosphere.
Happy and clean and well looked after residents. I would highly recommend this home to anyone looking to place their elderly family members in.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff and facilities at the care home are brilliant. I have seen my father in law in two previous care homes and without a doubt Timperley Care Home is head and shoulders above the other care homes.
The staff's approach and commitment to the residents is unique.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father came to this home and I am very pleased with the care he is getting. The home is a very welcoming and homely. The staff are very caring and cheerful and I know I could talk to them about anything troubling me. I found we have had a lot of communication and they are always keeping me informed. The meals also are lovely and my dad always enjoys them. I would recommend this care home to anyone and they are all hard working and the home is spotless. I could not wish for a better home for my dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father came to this home and we have seen a difference in him, cleaner, happier and come on leaps and bounds we have not seen him happier and he has not any panic attacks since he has been here. The staff are very caring and have a lot of time for the residents they can't do enough. The home is so clean and homely also the food is lovely dad enjoys the meals. All the members of staff are lovely and very pleasant so glad my dad is getting the care and attention he needs.
Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

Care couldn't be better, very happy with all staff. I feel very welcome when visiting my wife. My wife is very well varied for in a family environment. I would come and stay myself if I had to as the care is excellent. I can't believe how nice the staff are.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot fault this care home. My father has never been happier since arriving here. He is always treated with the utmost respect from everyone employed there. Everyone from nursing staff to carers to cleaners are warm, friendly and professional. The home is clean, bright and modern. My father is clean, content and extremely well looked after. This brings great relief to his family and friends.
His medication is always given on time and he is showered regularly.
I would highly recommend this care home to anybody thinking of placing a loved one there.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Timperley Care Home for 4 and a half years now and as always said the staff are very kind to her. Personally, I have found everything to be satisfactory and trust that this will continue.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since my husband has moved to Timperley I cannot fault the home for the way they look after him. They are so caring (all staff) and informative. I feel so content with his care and would have no problem to come here myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad was in Timperley Care Home until his death in April 2016. In the time my dad was here it was a happy clean home from home place, with the staff being so friendly and caring. He was looked after very professionally and caring. Every member of staff helped my dad and put any reservations we ever had to bed in a very helpful and caring way. When my dad was dying he was made very comfortable and made very comfortable with the pain taken away by the excellent nurses. This home is very clean, friendly and makes everyone welcome and I'm so glad my dad was in this place he called home. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Likely

Horrible place, so glad my mother is now well and safe.
Dirty and understaffed, no activities, awful food,
Don't believe the pre-entry hype.
Stench of urine, not cleaned just sprayed with air freshener, awful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Extremely Unlikely

Good sized rooms for the residents. Friendly staff, who treated residents with respect.
Some staff did not take the need for good hygiene seriously enough.
Promises made to relatives were not well implemented.

How likely would you be to recommend Timperley Care Home? Unlikely

My friend came to your home as an emergency following the death of his wife. As bed bound and with so little communication he was cared for with wonderful patience and skill by all those staff I saw. Although he had only a short time to live you made those days more comfortable than I think would have been the case anywhere else.

I am so very grateful for the compassion and attention of the care staff who were so well trained and so willing.
Thank you!

Submit a Review for Timperley Care Home

February 2015

Six Steps

Recipient: Timperley Care Home

Date: Sunday 01 Feb 2015

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Timperley Care Home