Belong Crewe, Crewe, Cheshire

Belong Crewe, the towns £7.9 million community village, opened its doors in December 2010, with a pledge to help its residents enjoy life and retain their independence.

The family sized households have 66 large en-suite bedrooms for residential, dementia and nursing support. At the heart of the village is a bistro, a studio for meetings and activities, internet cafe, and a function room with a licensed bar and catering.

An Activity Facilitator ensures there is a varied and enjoyable range of events and activities taking place within the village.

Also available 12 self-contained apartments.

Group: Belong Ltd

Person in charge: Phil Caine (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 67 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Belong Crewe: click here

9.6 Belong Crewe has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.589)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Belong Crewe is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Belong Crewe in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5.0 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.619 for Belong Crewe is calculated as follows: ( (148 Excellents x 5) + (52 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 215 Ratings = 4.619

The 4.97 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Belong Crewe is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.4 positive Reviews (67 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 13.4 Target = 0.970

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Belong Crewe?

Reviewer Connection to Belong Crewe

Everyone works very hard to help all residents feel at home and wanted.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Phil Caine, General Manager at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 24 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your positive feedback on the support provided at Belong Crewe. Our staff work very hard to ensure that the village is a friendly and homely environment for everyone and they will be delighted to hear that this has been your experience.

Our mum was a resident of Patriot Household, Belong, Crewe for four years. Throughout that time we have been very impressed by the excellent quality of service offered by Belong from the management at the top, through to the nursing staff carers, cleaners, cooks, hairdressers, handymen, physios, events organisers. They work as a team, are very dedicated to looking after the individual needs of residents to provide a cheerful welcoming environment for residents, family and community. Mum was never lonely. She was always treated with dignity and respect. Belong carers became like an extended family to mum. With their help, she achieved full recovery from a hip operation aged 97 years! We as family members were welcomed and supported through difficult times at any time of the day or night. We thoroughly recommend Belong as a care home. It has been a joy and still is a joy to visit Belong.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Phil Caine, General Manager at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 16 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to provide us with this lovely feedback. Our staff work really hard to ensure a friendly, supportive and welcoming environment and it means a great deal to all of the village team to know that this is appreciated. It was a privilege to support your mum and we trust that your experience of Belong will continue to be so positive.

My deceased mother always said to me "they look after me well" which made me happy that she is in safe hands.
The carers/staff were well trained and knew how to address any eventuality which gave us the relatives confidence.
I would also like to thank the management team of Belong Crewe and all their staff who work tirelessly day and night they are dedicated people selfless and caring and that they are a big plus for Belong Crewe.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Phil Caine, General Manager at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 30 Nov 2017:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this moving feedback. Our staff work really hard and aim to make people's time with us as special and positive as possible. It will mean a great deal to the village team to read your comments and I will ensure that they are shared with everyone.

The household staff try so hard to create a home from home environment. Mum is treated with love, care and respect. She has bonded very well with the carers. She believes they are her 'friends'. Nothing is too much trouble - they always go above and beyond in their attempts to deal with Mums ever changing and demanding needs.
The support they have given me is valued highly. Everything is explained and I can ring and visit whenever I want to.
It's so nice to know that Mum is living in such a happy and safe environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Phil Caine, General Manager at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 18 Oct 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Belong Crewe. We are delighted to hear that you mum is happy and settled here. Our staff teams work extremely hard to ensure we provide high levels of support and maintain high standards throughout the village and so they will be happy to know that this has been your experience. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.

My mother, who is 87 and has vascular and frontotemporal dementia, has never been a joiner-in. She was bored, angry and frustrated. We had suggested so many activities to her only to be firmly shot down. I was very impressed when I went to look around Belong as an option for permanent care and although I was told about their experience days I believed there was no way she would even try it but, she did go "just once" and she loved it. She now goes 5 times a week and it has changed not only her life but her family's too. She is well cared for and has all the activities and attention she could ever want. She looks forward to going and returns home tired but happy. I believe we will be able to keep her in her own home much longer now, although I can see the day coming when she asks to move into Belong.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 16 Oct 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit this lovely review of the Experience Days service at Belong Crewe. We are delighted to hear that you mother enjoys her time at the village and that you and your family find the service supportive. Our teams work hard to ensure we offer a friendly, homely and welcoming environment with a range of meaningful activities for customers to enjoy and so I will ensure your comments are shared with them. Kind regards.

Very, very good home. Mum has lived a good and longer life because of her good care. Thank you very much from all her family.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 22 Sep 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Belong Crewe. We are touched by your kind words and will ensure they are shared with the staff teams at the village.

Luckily, I only live 5 minutes away from Belong Crewe. I regularly go to the hairdressers. It is not too expensive and the ladies are excellent at their jobs and are always so patient and kind with any of the residents who have various problems. I regularly go for lunch - very good food and not too expensive.

I and some friends enjoy playing scrabble with 2 of the residents. The activities are excellent eg. darts, keep fit, modelling, outside speakers, bingo, quizzes etc. There is a lovely garden with a water feature, raised beds, lovely plants and shrubs etc. I have visited many local homes and this is the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Belong Crewe. Our staff work really hard to ensure we provide a friendly and welcoming environment with a variety of meaningful activities to join in, for residents and members of the community, and so we are delighted that this has been your experience.

My mother has dementia and has been a resident here for 17 months. She is safe, happy and very well cared for in a 'home from home' environment. In her words, "I have a happy life". The staff are outstanding in the care they provide, they are like a second family to both me and my mother. The home is arranged in households of 10 residents - facilities, accommodation and food are all excellent and there is a great variety of activities on offer. My mother is valued, respected and treated with dignity - there are also plenty of laughter and genuine affection. Couldn't ask for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Belong Crewe. We are touched by your kind words, and will aim to keep our services to such high standards. It is a privilege to care for your mother and we are delighted to know that she feel happy here. We will ensure your comments are shared with everyone here at the village.

I visited my sister-in-law today as she had a fall a week ago and has sustained injuries to her right side upper chest at the back and is having a hard time with movement at the moment. I also bought her a new dressing gown, the one she has was very dirty with food all down the front. She was sent to the hospital in it which embarrassed my husband and I.
I asked the staff on bringing her back from the hospital to wash it but two days later when we visited it was still the same, I asked again and it was done by next visit. Surely the staff can see it was dirty.
On my visit today I had to tidy her room and bathroom and the carpet needed vacuuming. I also had to assist a lady to find a chair. I realised the staff were doing a handover but they should have taken over from me as I am not insured to help a client. I feel the staff are friendly but they just seem at times a little nonchalant.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 24 Aug 2017:

Thank you for the feedback. We are very concerned about this customer experience which falls short of our expected standards and are now looking into the issues listed. The Village Manager will arrange to meet with Mrs. Bateman to discuss these matters in more detail and try to resolve the concerns.

Belong Crewe was an answer to a prayer when it came to finding a suitable place for Mum, where we knew she would be looked after by loving, caring staff, who go out of their way to make everything as smooth as possible. They are able to work around memory problems, concerned relatives who want the best for their loved ones, and more importantly, provide enrichment, suitable activities that would not just keep Mum occupied, but make her days fulfilling and fun. They are transparent so you can see exactly how they handle things and made the transition from a 3 bedroom house (lived in for forty years) to a 1 bedroom apartment as painless as possible. We feel secure that our Mum is in the best of places for her safety, a healthy lifestyle, and communication to be sure everything in the future will go smoothly. FIVE STARS!

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit this feedback, which is valued by all of the staff team. We are delighted to hear that your mum's experience of Belong Crewe has been so positive, and trust that it will continue to be so. .

I have been very happy with the way in which my husband was welcomed and settled into the household. He quickly became less stressed than he has been at home, finding the environment less puzzling and the constant presence of staff comforting. Any difficulties or issues have been dealt with in a professional and timely fashion. The care model is good, care staff are kind and professional. My only reservation is that I believe management could support them better so that morale is maintained and good staff stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 10 Aug 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are delighted to hear that your husband has settled and want to thank you for choosing Belong Crewe. We are delighted to hear that your husband's experience at Belong has been so positive and trust that it will continue to be so. We appreciate feedback from customers and continuously look at ways we can improve and will share your comments with the village management team. Kind regards.

I really enjoy living here at Belong. I enjoy taking part in the activities available.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 02 Aug 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Belong Crewe. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy living at the village and taking part in the activities. Kind regards.

My temporary stay in Belong Crewe, the nursing and care home, was to determine whether I could manage on my own there, with the difficulties I had been experiencing in my own home, not only "old age" but ongoing "ill health". I was panic stricken and deeply worried that I had to take my son's advice that I needed help at 96 years of age as I was not likely to improve very much. Happily, during the past six weeks, my stay with the staff at Belong has been very good indeed and I hope to continue. I have been made so welcome, with life enjoyable again, due to their caring and devotion and I have been so comfortable in this beautiful home.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Tracy Brookes, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 11 Jul 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit this incredibly moving feedback. It was a privilege to have you stay with us and we are delighted that we were able to make you feel welcome and comfortable here. It will mean a great deal to our village teams to read your comments and I will ensure they are shared with everyone. Kind regards.

My father moved to Belong Crewe in August this year after a stay in hospital. I am really pleased at how well he has settled in. This is due to the lovely staff who made him feel very welcome. It is a very happy place and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. I feel reassured that dad is being supported 24/7 and all his needs are being met. It gives me great pleasure when I visit him to see him so happy and contented.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Becki Prince, Customer Support and Marketing Administrator at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 10 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your positive feedback on the support provided at Belong Crewe. We do our best to understand every customer and it is a pleasure to have your father living with us.

Belong (Crewe) has turned out to be just the right place to cater for my 92 year old mothers needs.
It is a large financial commitment but this relates to the care and attention which is given to residents - a very human place to be living!
Dementia is not easy to live with, or for the person involved, but to have a happy and contented mother is a blessing at her stage of life!

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Likely

Becki Prince, Customer Support and Marketing Administrator at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 10 Jun 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Belong Crewe. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

It is a very friendly and enjoyable place. Despite the constant attention required by many patients it is always delivered with a smile. The place is kept clean and maintenance is generally kept up with. The staff are generally quite young but experienced and deliver a service that is well above their years at times.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Likely

Becki Prince, Customer Support and Marketing Administator at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 10 Jun 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Belong Crewe. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

Excellent, clean, friendly. Staff excellent. Nothing too much trouble. Something to get involved with everyday. Beautiful well equipped bedrooms and en suites. Easy living with people who care. Visitors are treated well.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Becki Prince, Customer Support and Marketing Administrator at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 09 Jun 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for Belong Crewe. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

I could not have asked for better care for my auntie in the three and a half years she was in Belong. I also want to thank all the staff for what they did for her during her final weeks before she died. I would recommend Belong to anybody as I could not have found a better place for her. Again many thanks to everybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Crewe? Extremely Likely

Tracy, Marketing Supervisor at Belong Crewe responded to this review on 13 Oct 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Belong. We are very pleased to hear that you were happy with the service you received.

Submit a Review for Belong Crewe

May 2011

Dementia Carers of the Year

Recipient: Belong Crewe

Date: Sunday 01 May 2011

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belong Crewe