Acer Court Care Home

172 Nottingham Road, Nuthall, Nottingham NG8 6AX

Located next to Broxtowe Country Park in Nuthall, Acer Court offers professional and expert care for older people looking for residential care, dementia services or short-term respite care. Its sister home, Alder House is next door.

All private rooms are large and there are several lounges to encourage social interaction.

The garden is stocked with raised beds and the south-facing courtyard is a good place to relax.

The home specializes in dementia care and encourages physical activity and stimulating activities to keep residents engaged.

Residents benefit from the input of volunteers and friends and families are encouraged to visit as much as they like.

Group: Avery Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Linda Simpson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 78 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, Tagalog

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £575 – £800 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Acer Court Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own Furniture if required • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Acer Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Acer Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Acer Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.804 for Acer Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (115 Excellents x 5) + (28 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 143 Ratings = 4.804

The 4.513 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Acer Court Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15.6 positive Reviews (78 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 15.6 Target = 0.513

9.3 Acer Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.317) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Acer Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Acer Court Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

Thank you so much to the team at Acer Court, you are all fantastic.

Putting mum into a home was a difficult decision she found life at home lonely and at times dangerous. We looked around so many care homes but they were all old or had shared bathrooms or smelt so awful.
Walking into Acer Court we instantly felt at home, we knew it was the right place.

The manager was excellent and could not do enough to help her feel comfortable. We work until 6 at night, she has stayed behind a number of times to meet us and help us come to terms with our mum being in a care home. The staff are amazing and my mum has taken them all to her heart.

When my mum lived at home, she would stay indoors for days on end. Now, I have to make an appointment to make sure she is in. I have never seen a care home do so much with the residents. Swimming, pub trip, days out to Cadbury world, panto! what more could any of us ask.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My grandfather has been a resident at Acer Court for a few years and we are thrilled with the home, It has a fantastic “homely” feel, all staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The food on offer makes my mouth water every time I see the menu. The Activities team are fun, bright and full of energy, my grandfather has told us not to visit on occasion as he is too busy getting involved with the activities on offer, including a trip to Donnington car museum! Thank you to all staff for everything you do, you are very much appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The walk in the garden for Alzheimer's day was great, my mum enjoyed the classical music played for her. It was a thoughtful and personalised activity. Thank you to the activity coordinator who did this. He is always kind and gentle in his approach. I would also like to compliment the care staff on mum's floor (Sherwood) they are friendly and kind. Lovely homely feel. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I really enjoyed my stay at Acer Court whilst my daughter was on holiday. The staff were wonderful, they were really kind and helpful to me. There were lots of activities and the food was very good. It was a pleasure to stay there.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent end of life care. Very considerate staff. I call it home. Wonderful activities team - listen to any request and organise an outing around it. A programme to suit all tastes.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

We have been using Acer Court for 2 years. My mother is extremely happy. There is a lot going on - lots to stimulate her. As a family we are worried that her money is going down very quickly but are reassured that the District Council will pick up the bill with our top up. Lovely staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have recently had to make arrangements for my 96 year old Mum to move into a care home, an event she has always resisted. From the moment we first met the General Manager to the moment of moving my Mum into her actual room and the first couple of weeks of care, every person we have met has been extremely helpful and friendly.
As far as the actual premises are concerned, when you first walk into the place you could be forgiven for thinking you had walked into a posh hotel. It is very clean and tastefully decorated and the rooms themselves are spacious and comfortable. The food is both plentiful and, from my Mum's reaction, delicious and the range of activities is absolutely terrific.
Most important of all of course, the standard of care is really tremendous. The carers make it clear that they regard the place as their residents' home and that virtually nothing is too much trouble for them. My Mum is very happy in her new home and for that, I am extremely grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

This is an excellent care home. All staff are friendly and caring. Nothing is too much trouble. Any queries are dealt with straight away. My mother and stepfather are very happy here. Support staff such as hostess and hairdresser. Reception staff are friendly and helpful. As a family, we would certainly recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent facility. Staff are well trained, extremely knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. Care facilities are first class with a choice of beds and items in individual rooms. Communal facilities are of a high standard; clean and well presented.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit regularly. Always very warm welcome from staff and always offered refreshments. The home has very high standards of cleanliness, décor and staffing levels.
Staff always greet my friend and other residents with dignity and respect. My friend is very happy here and enjoys all the varied activities and outings that are put on each week by the well-being team. All staff are friendly, polite, knowledgeable and caring. Management recently changed but the new manager is very friendly and offers lots of support to residents/relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Acer Court is a lovely friendly homely care home. Managed expertly it offers so much more than other care home's in the area. My daughter in laws mother stayed for respite and still talks about the home and staff with such fondness. It is clean and well maintained and the food is great. Nothing is too much from the warm welcome when you walk through the doors. It also has an excellent activities program that the residents look forward to and a lot of them join in and participate. This always puts a smile on your face. I would not hesitate to place my mother in such a lovely home when the time comes.

How likely would you be to recommend Acer Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have (did) find all the staff to be very caring whatever time I went to see my husband, what ever time I went to see my husband whatever time I went to Acer Court the staff were welcoming and helpful to all the clients. The home was always clear. I do not visit anyone now. My husband died just before Christmas. I have nothing but praise for the staff.

Submit a Review for Acer Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Acer Court Care Home