Redhill Court Residential Care Home

77 Nearhill Road, Kings Norton, Birmingham B38 8JU

Redhill Court is a purpose built home in Kings Norton, specialising in residential and dementia care, run by highly qualified and experienced carers. Care is personalised to the needs of each individual.

With 64 beds all of Redhill's rooms are en-suite and come with telephone points and internet access.

Entertainment and activity programmes catering for a range of hobbies and interests, including a light social programme are available for residents to participate in. Delicious home-cooked food is specially developed by a nutritionist.

A choice of TV or quiet lounges is available for gatherings, as well as a contemporary on-site hair salon and landscaped gardens. Redhill Court provides a great place to live and visit.

Group: Sanctuary Care Ltd

Person in charge: Joanne Sheppard (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Birmingham City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 66 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Lift • Wheelchair access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Redhill Court Residential Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Redhill Court Residential Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 34 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Redhill Court Residential Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.693 for Redhill Court Residential Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (289 Excellents x 5) + (111 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 407 Ratings = 4.693

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Redhill Court Residential Care Home is based on 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.2 positive Reviews (66 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 16 Reviews ÷ 13.2 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Redhill Court Residential Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.693) from 34 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Redhill Court Residential Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Redhill Court Residential Care Home

Been here to visit my grandma a few times and everytime I come I am treated with so much respect and am treated as if I am a part of the Redhill community, My grandma recently told me “I am so glad to be here and feel apart of a huge family thankyou” I guess that truly says it all... So a huge thank you to the loving caring manager and the loving staff of Redhill Court. Once again thank you for everything!

How likely would you be to recommend Redhill Court Residential Care Home? Extremely Likely

We find the staff very friendly and in general very caring, food good and plenty of activities to do. On a negative side, hearing aids not put in correctly, more care could be taken with changing and matching up clothes. Sometimes have found loose tablets on floor. My Mother needs to be watched when taking them i.e. water tablets.

How likely would you be to recommend Redhill Court Residential Care Home? Likely

Joanne Sheppard, Home Manager at Redhill Court Residential Care Home responded to this review on 22 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review. We do always try to support and encourage our residents to be as independent as they are able to, including choosing their own clothes, if they wish. I am really pleased we have spoken to you about your concerns and as discussed please always feel free to come and see me my door is always open.

A very caring environment for my parents. The staff are always helpful and cheerful. It means a great deal to me that my parents are looked after so well in their later years. The home has my full approval. Many thanks.

Brilliant staff, family so well looked after.

For the occasions I have been to this home, I have found it very pleasant, clean, warm and friendly.

Staff are friendly and caring. The eating area is very tidy and well turned out.

As a long time user of this facility, I feel I should note the kindness and professional care my Mom received in her final days at Redhill Court. In particular the time and commitment of care by staff who really cared for our Mom. Mom was a wonderful lady, but as time progressed she became anxious and very upset, requiring more care and support. I visited daily and even stayed over but nothing prepared me for the final days, I needed and received impeccable support and guidance from day and night staff. At times I did need to communicate with senior staff about some parts of Mom's care but was always treated with respect and they really tried to put things right, especially now the new manager, who was also wonderful has impacted on the home. I wish you all well and hope you continue being so wonderful to all of the residents.
I must also thank you all for the support we have received after Mom's passing too.

Mum is in her third year at Redhill. As her dementia worsens, her needs become more complex and the carers at Redhill, who I look on as family, always rise to the challenge. It is a sad experience to watch Mum degenerate. I don't know how I would manage without the care and friendship of all the staff.

I really value being able to give this feedback; I seem to have missed out on how to do this before.

The number of activities available for residents in the home is excellent and it is lovely when the staff are interacting with the residents; please keep this going as much as possible. I don't know if there is any chance of outings for residents or whether my aunt has missed some. I get confused messages due to her lack of memory.

I really appreciated the phone updates of when my aunt went into a hospital and when she returned back to Redhill and the reason for her admittance.

I have never been sure about who I should contact should there be a problem but staff are very approachable and helpful.

My mother has been in Redhill Court Residential Care Home for the past six years. She is happy there and well looked after and it is a pleasure to visit her.

Visited a family friend in the care home, very impressed. Manager very friendly and thoughtful, staff happy in their work and very caring. Lots going on, fantastic activities available. Clean and nicely presented home.

Our aunt has been here now for five years. Over that time we have found it to be a good, safe environment.

As her health has deteriorated the necessary care has been provided. We found that the staff and the general environment has kept up with her disabilities.

Very happy at the home, care staff and management very helpful and kind, always available when I need help.
Love living here.

My mother has settled so well due to the manager and staff being so professional but extremely caring.

It is a very pleasant experience visiting my mother as we are made to feel very welcome and the surroundings are so homely. I have never felt that anything was too much trouble for any of the staff. My mother said recently "you have found me a lovely place to live and I couldn't wish for better carers". Think that says it all really, so thank you.

Excellent response to any problems, which have been very few. Mother is well cared for and enjoys being here. Cannot fault anything at all.

My husband and I visited our friend yesterday and from the outset of our visit, it was obvious that this was an exceptionally good home.
From the reception desk, through to our friend's room then down to the concert, we could not help but see the empathy to all of the residents from all of the lovely friendly carers.
We were so impressed and it was a pleasurable experience.

Although my mother has only been in Redhill Court for six weeks I must say how impressed my family and myself have been with the care my mother has been receiving.
The home itself is akin to a 5-star hotel, spotlessly clean and employs a first class staff. The manager was extremely helpful to me, in directing me to the way to go about getting my mother into the home. The food is very good with a daily menu for the residents to choose from. The gardens are particularly well kept and I am sure residents will enjoy using the seating areas in fine weather. Each resident has an en-suite bedroom, inc TV, which are kept very clean. The resident lounges includes comfortable armchairs and a large screen TV and the majority of residents spend their time relaxing in comfort. I could not be more pleased with all aspects of the home.

Mum has resided at Redhill Court for nearly one year. Confidence in the staff, care and facilities were high from the start. My mother has settled into her new surroundings well and has expressed satisfaction with her new life. Staff have and are very kind and will often go out of their way to help. I would recommend Redhill Court to anyone who requires residential care for their relatives.

Fantastic home.
Really friendly atmosphere.
Staff are very good, shame there aren't more of them and more places like this.
Only one thing to suggest would be to move the staff smoking area so it's not outside a resident's bedroom.
In the summer I noticed that my grandma's room smelt of smoke and realised that it was the staff smoking outside the window where her bedroom is.
Maybe staff could smoke somewhere else so not to disturb residents who live there.

Jackie Minihane, Home Manager at Redhill Court Residential Care Home responded to this review on 02 Feb 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review and ratings. After reading this we immediately moved the smoking area - our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Just friends of the patient and find the facilities very good, but unable to comment on most of them.

This care home is on par with any 4-star hotel. The meals are top class and the areas are always clean and tidy. My wife and me have trawled all over Britain and Europe and this compares with any places we have visited.

A lovely bright care home with good staff. Would and have recommended to others.

Having looked at many care providers as a family we decided that Redhill Court was the most welcoming home. The staff took the time to explain things in a language we could understand and did not mind repeating things. We appreciated the fact the manager took her time to visit my wife at home first. The homes knowledge of dementia and the training the staff have shines through how the residents are treated, providing them with dignity and self-respect at all times.
The range of activities is fantastic , as though they are tailor made for each resident, we love the fact that the home is always thinking of new ways to stimulate people.
The rooms are always clean and pleasant and the home encourages relatives to adorn the room with items that will make the resident feel more comfortable and remind them of their own home.
We cannot recommend them highly enough. Anyone thinking of finding a home that is loving and caring environment.

Redhill Court certainly ticks all the excellent boxes, professional organisation and very caring and supportive staff. My aunt's room is very pleasant and welcoming, and she is extremely happy and safe in Redhill Court.

Redhill provides a comfortable, happy and safe environment. There are opportunities to join in a number of activities eg. art and crafts, fitness, bingo, musical entertainment, gardening and occasional trips to the theatre.
The staff are always friendly, helpful and caring, although at weekends it seems at times as though there were fewer staff around, and so not many activities. Occasionally there is a film for everyone to watch. All things considered, I am enjoying my life at Redhill and feel secure and well cared for.

Always find the staff very helpful, rooms always look clean. We have had problems with my wife's behaviour but the manager has been very understanding. We will have to find another home for my wife but wish everyone at Sanctuary Care well.

Mom moved to Redhill Court 5 months ago. She settled very quickly and seemed very relaxed and comfortable in her room. She says she is happy here as she likes sitting with the other residents and joining in the activities. She also likes her room and says she can watch her TV while in bed. As a family we feel very reassured that mom is being well cared for, has regular meals, and is treated with dignity. The staff are always very pleasant and helpful. This makes our visits to mom very pleasant without the worry of her being on her own which is how it used to be before moving to Redhill.

I used the care home as respite for myself and husband. I felt secure in the knowledge my mother in law was safe, warm, clean and looked after to a very high standard. When she first arrived she was shown to her own room made very welcome and encouraged to mix with the other residents if she wished. She soon gained confidence within the routine and the carers, every think was made really easy for her and I know she would feel at ease returning on a regular basis. The interaction and entertainment was refreshing to see and the residents seemed happy and content. I would recommend Redhill 100%

From the first visit when choosing the placement to now, we as a family are so impressed with Redhill. The management have supported us as a family to help my father to settle in. They have also helped us some to terms with the changes in my father since his illness. All the staff are fantastic and so happy making it a home from home. There is always a smile and laughter nothing is too much trouble. The building and gardens are well maintained and care is taken to make it feel an extended family home. The activities co-ordinator is fantastic and the activities are wonderful, to see at least 30 residents singing, dancing (in or out of chairs) tamborines, clapping was heart warming.My father has played Bingo and won, planted seeds, made paper mache animals and quizzes. Absolutely fantastic. I would be proud to be a resident there myself. Thank you to all.

Mum was very happy at Redhill Court, she had nothing but praise for all the staff, when she moved there I felt happy to go home leaving her in their care.
She recently passed away, and in all the time she was there she was always smart and tidy did what she wanted when she wanted and seemed happy and settled, I spent a lot of time there and I would highly recommend it.

On the day of moms funeral they put on coffee and pastries while we waited for the funeral cars to arrive at Redhill Court, and made a special effort to make us all feel welcome, and we could tell how sad the staff were feeling for our loss. When the cars arrived the staff all assembled to say farewell to my mom and I think this was a lovely gesture, I would like to thank all the staff at Redhill Court for the wonderful care they provided for my mom while she was living there, and for the thoughtful way they organised a dignified and respectful departure for her on her final journey.

I would like to praise the care and attention given to our lovely mother who passed away recently at Redhill Court. She had been a resident for over eighteen months and was very well cared for at the home.
She settled in very well and became friends with other residents and loved the social life provided on a weekly basis. She received a good standard of personal care and her room was bright, clean and very welcoming on each visit.
She always ate the food she liked to eat but there was endless extras for when she was hungry, cake, toast and little treats to keep her going.
Mom was wanderlust at night and prone to falls but the care kept coming and she was well supported until she became frail and spent the last few months in bed.
Once again the care was provided 24 hours a day.

We always felt a special love and support from the home and this was very evident up until her death and then at her funeral when staff came in their own time to say goodbye to a well loved lady.
Special thanks.

Warm welcome received, very knowledgeable about residents. Nothing is too much trouble. Overall very pleased and satisfied.

My mother has been in Redhill Court care home for approximately four months, myself and our family are very pleased with the way our mother is cared for. The management and staff do a excellent job to look after residents and visitors. Activity and stimulation is excellent with Halloween party, Christmas party, Nativity play, Panto (Jack and The Beanstalk) and coffee mornings with word search and name that tune, with a sing-a-long. we would definitely recommend this care home.

I have been coming here for over 3 years since it was opened. It has grown from strength to strength. It is beautifully kept, clean attractive, the gardens a delight. The staff are kind, gentle, caring. If I needed care I would be happy to live here.

Submit a Review for Redhill Court Residential Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Redhill Court Residential Care Home