Signature Moorlands Lodge

Portsmouth Road, Hindhead GU26 6TJ

Signature Moorlands Lodge, Hindhead, Surrey

The team at Moorlands Lodge offers a warm welcome to all. Moorlands Lodge is a care home like no other in the area. The home is purpose built and offers exceptional accommodation, which is affordable but of a very high standard.

A one bedroom suite offers a bedroom and separate lounge and kitchen with a full en-suite wet room and is unique as it offers double the space of most care homes and is ideal for those wanting extra room or couples who want to stay together. The home also features studio suites for those who prefer something more cosy. Rooms come unfurnished allowing residents to bring those special pieces of their home with them, something they find helps the settling in process significantly and truly makes Moorlands Lodge feel like home.

Moorlands Lodge offers a fully licensed outstanding restaurant, the menu being dictated by current residents, and an in house cafe for residents and visitors to enjoy afternoon tea and home made cakes. The home also has a large activities team who provide trips out, visiting speakers, one to one sessions and activities which are again chosen by the resident committee.

Residents range from those who are relatively independent and still drive, to those who require respite, full nursing, dementia or end of life care and they pride themselves on providing discreet support in a place which is not institutional but as much like home as they can make it. Dignity, encouraging independence and involving family and friends are part of the fabric of Moorlands Lodge and they hope that these values are echoed in the recommendations and testimonials received.

Group: Signature Senior Lifestyle Ltd

Person in charge: Jo Lindley (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 106 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

A3 from Bournemouth:

Come off the A3 signposted Hindhead, just before the Hindhead tunnel.
Take the turning signposted Hindhead & Grayshott.
At the next mini roundabout, with the BP garage in front of you, take the 2nd turning i.e. straight ahead.
We are just a few yards along that road on the left, with purple flags outside.

A3 from Guildford:

Continue on the A3 through Guildford and keep going until eventually you drive through the
Hindhead tunnel (a good 15 minutes).
As soon as you exit the tunnel, take the slip road and at the roundabout, take the last turning
signposted Hindhead & Grayshott.
2nd roundabout : take the last turning signposted Hindhead & Grayshott.
At the next mini roundabout, with the BP garage in front of you, go straight ahead.
We are just a few yards along that road on the left, with purple flags outside.

Reception is open from 8am until 8pm. Tours can be arranged from 9am until 5pm, Monday to Friday and weekends on request. Please call to arrange.

Parking is provided for visitors on-site.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Signature Moorlands Lodge: click here

posted 20 Oct 2017

a delightful 1 bedroom apartment with balcony is now available for a single person or couple. Registers for residential and/or nursing. Please call for an appointment.

9.2 Signature Moorlands Lodge has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.247)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Signature Moorlands Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Signature Moorlands Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.681 for Signature Moorlands Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (175 Excellents x 5) + (68 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 248 Ratings = 4.681

The 4.566 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Signature Moorlands Lodge is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 21.2 positive Reviews (106 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 21.2 Target = 0.566

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Signature Moorlands Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Signature Moorlands Lodge

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

We as a family find Moorlands Lodge very good. In particular, absolutely every member of staff, in whichever department, whom we have met has been friendly, helpful, polite and above all, patient and good natured.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature Moorlands Lodge? Extremely Likely

Marcus Le Brocq, Senior Client Liaison Manager at Signature Moorlands Lodge responded to this review on 26 Jun 2017:

Dear S. It means a lot to us to hear your opinions and thank you for taking the time to do so. We are pleased to have your husband living with us and to have you as a family to work together with.

My husband was treated with care, respect and humour.
He was 87 and very confused as he had dementia and we had recently moved house.
As a theatre and film director, he often tried to 'direct' the nurses and they played along with it.
I was moved by the way they treated him as a friend.

Marcus Le Brocq, Senior Client Liaison Manager at Signature Moorlands Lodge responded to this review on 01 Jun 2017:

Dear Anna, thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Your husband gave all of us some fabulous 'direction' and I know the staff who cared for him became very close in the short time that he was with us. We wish you all the best.

My father was at Moorlands from August 16 to March 17. Most things about Moorlands were very good, almost every member of staff was kind and helpful and Dad had excellent care. The rooms, lounges and dining room are extremely well appointed. My only proviso to would-be residents is to examine closely the likely costs as Moorlands operate a charging system whereby every half hour/hour of care received is costed and it can quickly become extremely expensive. My father, with medium/severe mobility issues, was paying just short of £10k a month. Because he is very deaf he made very little use of the lounges and was not interested in joining the comprehensive activities schedule. Eventually, I had to move him to another care home where an "all-in" fee is charged resulting in a huge reduction in his care costs, and massive relief that his care would be affordable however long he lives.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature Moorlands Lodge? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Marcus Le Brocq, Senior Client Liaison Manager at Signature Moorlands Lodge responded to this review on 25 May 2017:

Dear Sandy, we loved having your father here and we were very sad when you took the decision to move him to another home. Our model is to provide very high staffing ratios in high quality surroundings and sadly we are not able to do this if we were only in receipt of local authority funding. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review.

I can not recommend Moorlands Lodge more highly. My mother was there for 2 years and during that time she was loved, cared for and looked after beautifully. The staff took the time to look after all her needs and nothing was too much trouble. They also looked after the rest of the family, teaching us how to cope with dementia and they became like a second family to us. The activities they organised were first class, imaginative and varied and these were an important part of my mother's life at Moorlands. Even when my mother sadly passed away the love, help and support the family received was incredible. We were so lucky that my mother spent her final years in such a fantastic and happy environment.

Marcus Le Brocq, Senior Client Liaison Manager at Signature Moorlands Lodge responded to this review on 22 May 2017:

Sophie thank you so much for such heartfelt feedback. Your mother was an absolute delight to have with us and she is sorely missed.

My Aunt lived at Moorlands for the period April 2016 to April 2017. She was very comfortable during her stay, although had some issues with the food quality. The staff were extremely helpful and kind. Her reason for moving was to a smaller home with a better geographical positioning to be closer to relatives.

Food & Drink: Poor

Moorlands Lodge Nursing Home felt welcoming from the moment we first walked through the door. We knew our mother would be happy there and so it has proved.
She has lived there for two and a half years.
Her health has declined over this time. She now needs a lot more care as she is now bed-ridden.
The wonderful carers and nurses give her all the attention she needs.
It is hard to leave our mother to be cared for by others, but truly feel everyone treats her as they would any member of their own families, which gives us peace of mind.

I am full of admiration for the housekeeping team. Cashmere, bed linen, everything is perfect. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature Moorlands Lodge? Likely

My box ticks say it all. I can't believe my good luck to be here.

From my first visit to Moorlands Lodge, the care and support we have received have been brilliant. Time was not on our side when trying to find my Mother a home, and everyone moved very quickly to accommodate all our needs and welcome her. She has settled in very quickly and all the staff are just lovely with her and make her feel special. We feel very lucky that there was room for her as the home really did stand head and shoulders ahead of others we had looked at as well! Thank you.

We are so grateful to have come across Signature Moorlands Lodge when searching for a home for our parents over two years ago.
Having made my parents' small apartment a mini version of their beloved home we have never regretted the decision my parents made to move into this well run, friendly, secure retirement home.

I have been a resident here for four and a half years. When I arrived I was delighted wit the spacious accommodation throughout, and without reservation, I have been happier here more than I could have imagined. The ambience is friendly and kind, it has been a lovely surprise waiting for me at the end of my life. I am 81 years old and look forward to my years ahead here. The staff throughout have a positive attitude which makes for a comfortable feeling in all aspects of living here.

Suddenly widowed and living in a large 6 bedroomed house. I was faced with moving. Neighbours had elderly parents living in Moorlands Lodge and I had visited them and had been impressed with the place. An interview proved very helpful and I decided to move in when they had a suitable vacancy. Assisted by my family we made the little flat homely and it didn't take me long to settle in, people went out of their way to be friendly and I found there were interesting activities to join in with and visit places of interest. Now after six months I feel this is a good place to be! And I have made new friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature Moorlands Lodge? Likely

I am one of four sisters and we have had both parents at Moorlands for over two years. Our father sadly passed away in December and his care by the nursing team was wonderful and his death extremely peaceful. He was very happy and loved being in the home - originally taking part in the activities organised but his participation reduced as he became more ill and weak. Our mother has dementia so is in a different part of the home but again her care has been excellent. Over the past few weeks which have been very difficult for her as she sometimes understands that her husband has died and sometimes she forgets, the support from Livingstone has been superb and they have guided us all on how to help our mother through this tough time. I would not hesitate to recommend this home to anyone thinking of it for a loved one.

It is early days, but from the time we dropped in unannounced to the time my mother has been at Moorlands we have been very happy. The Welcome, "accommodating", and the staff have really put themselves out to help my 97 year old mother - who like many was very reluctant to move into a Care Home! - and so far she says she can't believe her luck. The layout of the home, the lovely reception rooms all make it feel as if the residents are on holiday or on a cruise ship. There is a good choice of Menu and many options of activities on offer. No one is made to join in, nor are made to feel 'left out' if they choose not to join. In fact, is is almost as good as living in their own homes without all the bother. Highly recommended.

Moorlands has delivered on all their promises. They are very capable of looking after seriously unwell residents with failing health. First class service and very caring staff. It's expensive but it is worth it and gives a real peace of mind.

My Aunt, who has Alzheimer's, moved to Moorland Lodge in December 2015 and I can say that I am delighted with the care my Aunt is receiving. She is happy and content and enjoys joining in with daily activities with the other residents. The staff understand my Aunt's needs and are very kind and patient with all the residents. The environment is very homely and visitors are made to feel very welcome and part of the team.

We have been extremely happy with the choice of Moorlands as a care home for my mother. She was keen to move into a home quite suddenly and they were very accommodating and made the move as easy as they possibly could for her. All the time consuming jobs like labeling clothes, putting up pictures etc were all taken care of by the home. They were keen to find out what activities she enjoyed to ensure she could continue with these and settle in more easily. The activities and excursions have been a real bonus for her and we have been really impressed with the variety that is offered.

The food is a very good standard and the private family dining room is a lovely private space which she can use when she has friends and family visiting for meals.
The layout of the apartments, which give residents their own bedroom, bathroom and sitting room was a big deciding factor for us in choosing Moorlands. Not only does it give her more space day to day but it also allowed her to bring more of her personal belongings with her and to make the apartment feel more like home.

Overall we are very pleased, the staff are all very friendly and nothing is too much bother for them, they make a big effort to include the wider family in events going on at the home and the location suits us very well.

This care home is well run and staff are kind and professional. If you have any concerns talk to them, it is an extension of your family and a partnership. I am so pleased with the home that I have told my family that when I need a care home I would like to go to a Signature home.
I have learnt that as people get older they are not always easy and that you can only do your best and try not to feel guilty, we all have our lives to live!

Entertainment and outings don't always interest my mum but that's her choice, the residents who join in seem to be the happiest . Food is a huge part of residents day and on the whole is of a very high standard, we must remember that food for the elderly has to be nutritious, appetising and easy to eat as many have difficulty chewing, this is well understood by the chef and he has the job of giving the majority what they want following the regular menu forums that are held for the residents.
I am so glad that I found this home for my mum.

On a negative note I felt that the Dr was not sympathetic or approachable and that the flu vaccines were given very late (20 Nov) also following up on concerns that I have put to her have not been dealt with.

Moorlands Lodge is a purpose built home with excellent facilities and public rooms.We have found all the staff to be extremely helpful,kind and professional and there is a wide range of activities should residents wish to participate. My father is now very happily settled in a lovely one bedroom apartment and all our family are delighted for him. We have peace of mind that he is being well cared for and we would not hesitate to recommend Moorlands Lodge.

I find it impossible to believe that a better care home exists. The facilities, rooms, food, activities – everything has been given the greatest thought to ensure that the residents genuinely feel they are in their own home. But all that is meaningless without the people – both staff and management really do care! My aunt has been supported in a way that is right for her and her needs and she now regrets she didn’t move in much sooner – she feels part of a caring community that was eluding her when living in her own home. I should add that the decision to move was protracted and over the very many months it took to convince my aunt of the benefits, the team supported me as much as they support my aunt now. Thank you all, on behalf of us both and please keep it up - I look forward to moving in, in due course!

What can I say? The best decision we ever made for mum was for her to move to Moorlands. She was cared for as if she was part of the family, with tenderness and love; her radiant smile and bright eyes returned. She felt at home, safe and cared for by staff who always emphasised the personal touch. You do not need to know that the facilities and services are beyond comparison, the sum is greater than that. We cannot thank Moorlands enough on behalf of mum.

Submit a Review for Signature Moorlands Lodge

Marcus

Marcus Le Brocq

Job Title: Senior Client Liaison Manager

Joined: 2013

I am born on the Island of Jersey to a Jersey-French father and a Swedish mother. I am happily married and have two wonderful little boys. My background is in social work and education, prior to joining Signature in 2013. In my role as Senior Client Liaison Manager at Moorlands Lodge, my job is to help families to make informed decisions about care for their loved ones. I am very grateful to be a part of a highly caring and skilled team. Moorlands Lodge provides a fantastic quality of life and many exciting opportunities for our new residents in a dignified, caring a fun atmosphere.

Craig

Craig Saunders

Job Title: Head Chef

I am a fully qualified chef with over 19 years' experience in catering and have filled various roles including fine dining, hotel and banqueting, contract catering and the Gastro pub sectors. I am proud to have cooked for the athletes at the Summer Olympics in Sydney and the Winter Olympics in Canada as well as the England Rugby Team, Muhammad Ali and Bill Gates.
My aim here at Moorlands is to utilise my skills to produce a high standard of food that’s varied, nutritious and suits all dietary requirements using locally sourced produce.

Linda

Linda Booth

Job Title: Activities Co-Ordinator

Joined: 2012

With a wealth of experience, Linda and her team are responsible for ensuring our residents lead a full and enriched life while living at Moorlands Lodge. A comprehensive activities schedule, as well as trips out are provided and Linda is passionate about offering our residents a full and varied programme seven days a week, including evenings, to appeal to all needs and abilities.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Signature Moorlands Lodge