The Links, Broadstone, Dorset

The Links is in the lovely village setting of Broadstone, close to local amenities and easy reach of Dorset’s beautiful beaches and countryside. The Links offers residential, nursing, respite, post-operative, palliative and dementia care. It can also offer a space for people to rest, relax and recover with short stays too. We also have double rooms and connecting rooms for couples.

At The Links, staff take great care to focus on the person. It’s important for residents to feel at home, so it creates a friendly environment with an individually appropriate balance of care and independence. Staff are well trained and there is 24/7 nursing care on site. The home also has an onsite café for all to enjoy too.

Enjoying food is an important part of life. The chefs create well-crafted menus made with the freshest ingredients and try to cater for all ethnicity groups. Soon after a resident arrives at The Links, staff discuss their personal preferences and dietary needs with them.

There’s a real sense of community at the home. The staff work to discover what residents enjoy doing and the home's social calendar is organised around those interests. So whether your loved one already has a hobby or would like to take up a new one, there are lots of exciting activities to get involved in. Anyone is welcome to pop in and join in, whether they're a friend, relative or loved one.

Person in charge: Gigy Johnson (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Borough of Poole Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 68 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Links: click here

posted 06 Nov 2017

The Links is in the lovely village setting of Broadstone, we have bed vacancies for nursing and dementia care, please get in touch to find out more.

9.7 The Links has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.681)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for The Links is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 34 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Links in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.799 for The Links is calculated as follows: ( (335 Excellents x 5) + (62 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 407 Ratings = 4.799

The 4.882 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Links is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.6 positive Reviews (68 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 13.6 Target = 0.882

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Links?

Reviewer Connection to The Links

From the moment you walk through the doors at The Links, you are made to feel very welcome and also met with a smile from the front desk staff. All the staff here are very caring towards the residents, meeting their everyday needs and go that extra mile - nothing is ever too much trouble.

My mother has been here for several years now. All staff that come in contact with her, be it the lovely ladies from the laundry room, the housekeeping team, activities team, kitchen staff, nursing/care staff etc, will always spend a few minutes to chat to her when passing her room, which she responds to with her lovely smile.

I am very happy with her at The Links Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Jayne duck, Customer Services Administrator at The Links responded to this review on 09 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

Suffering from Alzheimer's both my parents moved into The Links in early 2016.
Sadly we lost my father last month.
However, my parents were so happy to be sharing a room together.
They were treated with so much love and respect.
Now that my mother is on her own, she continues to receive sensitive care and understanding and is being helped to come to terms with her changed circumstance.
I cannot fault the care at The Links.
I am just so thankful that a place was available for them at this outstanding home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at The Links responded to this review on 27 Sep 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. It is so nice to hear that your parents were so happy in our care. I'm sure with the love and care that your mum is receiving she will come to terms with things and will start to enjoy things again.

The Links provides all that is required to keep my mother healthy and happy at this time of her life.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at The Links responded to this review on 19 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your mum is happy and well.

Very good overall. I am very happy living here and if I am happy then my daughters are happy which is important to me.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at The Links responded to this review on 01 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you are happy and that your daughters are happy too, they must have peace of mind knowing this and that you are well cared for.

My experience is fairly good, on the whole, you get quite food service.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Likely

I helped my aunt through a difficult last 18 months. There is no doubt that from November 2016, she had some happiness in a first class rest home. She said to me on one occasion that the staff always go that extra mile.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at The Links responded to this review on 25 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about support and assistance given by staff and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Excellent individual care for my husband with Alzheimers Care is tailored to his needs with lots of one to one support. My husband is very happy and regards this as his home. Could not praise too highly.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

This is just the most wonderful Home and the care is outstanding in every area. My Father lived the last few weeks of his life here and had the most amazing and professional care until he passed away in September 2016. The Links has been home for my Mum since August 2016 and it means the world to our family that she is somewhere where we know she is so well looked after and so loved. I love that The Links truly cares for every resident and also for those of us who are relatives.
I love The Links, the management and the staff are all so hard working and so caring. They have all made the journey of placing our very much loved Mum, into care, so very much easier.
I would highly recommend this Home to anyone who may be in the process of looking for care for their loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Jamie, National Development Manager at The Links responded to this review on 30 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

I am extremely likely to recommend this care home. I have been coming since the home opened and my husband has day care and respite care. It is like coming home, when we come to The Links, as we are made so welcome, and everyone genuinely cares here.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

The staff are very caring and thoughtful if any problems arise they are dealt with immediately. I feel very comfortable with my wife being here, and I would not willingly move her to anywhere else. The musical activities are very good. There is a nurse on each floor that is well qualified and keeps the residents safe and is here to help throughout the day/night. I have been happily married for 65 years, and I come to visit her every day.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Jamie Barrett, National Development Manager at The Links responded to this review on 31 Mar 2017:

Since my father has been staying at The Links, he has been well looked after with the highest care possible. Years ago, I was a care assistant myself and up until recently, I have been caring for my father with my mother. We have found the staff on all levels, very caring, helpful and friendly and my dad has been made very comfortable here for the remaining time of his life. This is a great comfort and a relief to us as a family as of course we love and want the best for him.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at The Links responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

Dad came to The Links at the beginning of December 2016. We have been overwhelmed by the care and support that has been shown to him. He is truly part of " The Links" family. He is thriving and enjoying his life more than he has done for a very long time.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at The Links responded to this review on 09 Feb 2017:

My 93-year old mother entered The Links in October following an operation for a fractured femur caused by a fall. After 4 weeks in hospital and re-hab she needed an oasis to regain her strength. In The Links, she found everything she needed, a wonderful atmosphere - more like a hotel than a rest home.
A beautiful en-suite room kept beautifully clean, an in-house hairdresser, chiropody and weekly minibus outings. Excellent choice of food every day, and the staff are really the very best. Cheerful, funny, polite, efficient and obliging. Would definitely use The Links again.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

My father-in-law went into The Links for one week so we could have a break. I visited him on day 5 of his stay and he seemed very relaxed and at home. On day 6, his wife went in and had lunch with him and was made to feel welcome and on his last day, he didn't want to come home, which to me speaks volumes about how comfortable with everything he was. An overall good experience for all concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

I researched many care homes before choosing The Links. It ticked all the boxes, the staff and management are welcoming, caring and thoughtful. I wanted my mother to be happy and safe, and she looks forward to going there. She loves the lady who does her hair and nails every week! It is quite something when your mother tells you she looks forward to going there, it is a huge relief to hear that. At the moment she attends for day care and respite care but we know she will become a permanent resident eventually and to know she is in caring and safe hands is all you can ask.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

The staff are all very helpful, caring and polite. Nothing is too much trouble, my mother has blossomed since being at The Links and is very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Starting at reception- warm, friendly and professional staff. They pay great attention to detail when dealing with residents and their families. They are kind, patient, cheerful and they go out of their way to help solve problems. We all enjoy visiting, from teenagers to adults. We appreciate especially the musical visitors, also outside trips. Food is delicious and choices offered, service with a smile. Caring can be challenging, staff are compassionate and respect residents needs. Nobody would like to think parent would be in a care home, however The Links offers levels of care we simply could not provide. Mum has thrived there.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

I found the staff from the management team right down to the cleaning staff are all friendly and supportive while being very professional. My sister is settling down, having been in The Links for 6 months, and undergoing the trauma of losing her husband after 2 and a half weeks and now suffering the ongoing burden of dementia. The care and treatment is second to none and I am completely satisfied with her placement in The Links and I feel that she is safe and cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

My mother was 90 years old with a heart condition and Type 1 Diabetic, etc. Mum's condition was becoming unmanageable at home. Mum went in the Links where she received very good care/nursing for the short time she was there. I was very impressed with the competence of the nurse who discussed my mum's deteriorating condition and treatment with me at every opportunity. All the staff were also very competent and up to speed with my mum's situation. There is a friendly, caring, and open culture in the Links many of the residents doors are open so the staff can constantly monitor the occupants. I visited my mum randomly at all times of the day and night and the care and nursing staff were only too pleased to see me. I felt they had nothing to hide. In the previous year I had viewed most of the local nursing homes with a view to my future needs for mum and I can honestly say the Links is a class above the majority of them, many are just battery hen systems for old people. Well done the Links.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

A high standard in all departments. Staff are multi tasked and show great understanding and friendliness to all residents even the most difficult. The cooks are very good. There is a good range of activities. I would say the standard improves every week under the present staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Likely

My wife was admitted with dementia in October 2015. Initially, as accepted, she was longing for home but the staff were always very supportive and she finally settled over the next month. Subsequently, she has been very well looked after, food is good and enjoyed, always warm, always contented when visited twice a week.
Problems with vision and hearing makes it difficult but every effort is made. She is assessed regularly and we are kept informed about her and can discuss freely with staff who are always helpful and sympathetic. I am very very impressed with The Links particularly as I am a retired doctor who has visited patients in nursing care. I am more than satisfied with The Links.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Very warm welcome. Care and office staff are very pleasant and professional. Star facilities include hair dressing, foot care and manicures. Food nicely served and residents are encouraged to eat where appropriate. In house laundry facilities are excellent. House keeping is efficient and is done daily. Gardens are good for relaxing.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

This is indeed a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

The "Links Team" has been exemplary in their care of mum. Individually and collectively they look after her in ever way with the utmost patience, attention to detail and mum's personal preferences. We are welcomed at any time and in any way and made to feel part of the Links family. This is so helpful for us in our case of mum and in sharing and mutually supporting other residents and their families. We know that mum shares our appreciation of all they are doing to care for her.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

My experience of the links has been for my husband who has dementia on a day care basis and one short respite stay. The staff have been caring, supportive and helpful to both of us on every visit. I have no worried about him being well looked after and everyone makes a point of welcoming him by name and have become very familiar with his needs. I will be planning further respite stays for him.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

It is always a pleasure to visit mum in The Links we are treated like her as part of a big family. Mum's recent illness and hospital stay has highlighted just how much of a difference the high standard of care has made to mum's comfort. Mum has received so much T.L.C from all members of staff at The Links and we are completely happy with all aspects of her care under the current management who now deserves excellent grade from the CQC.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

My father is being cared for at The Links. Both he and I have been treated with the utmost care and respect by everyone from senior management to housekeeping. The nursing and care staff are gentle and kind and always consider his wishes when providing care. he is always clean and smart and the staff take time to talk to him and notice any changes in his physical condition and emotional state. I would not hesitate to recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

An excellent care home, friendly caring staff. The cleanliness of the home in all areas is of a very high standard.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

The Links is an excellent care home in all aspects. The staff are friendly and helpful. They have the patients interest foremost at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Overall the care home is a pleasant place with kind and helpful staff. It can be problematic when trying to contact my mum on a Saturday/Sunday by phone.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident of The Links for the past 3 years. My mothers care has been excellent, meeting all my mothers needs. Communication between myself and The Links is also excellent. An amazing care home run by amazing staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

Comfortable, well-appointed nursing home. Always clean and the food seems good. The garden is a bit limited but the indoor facilities are good. The best aspect through is the nursing and caring staff who always seem in good spirits.
They have a good sense of humour and manage 'characterful' situations with skill and a smile. I have never seen any staff member at The Links treat a resident with anything but kindness and respect.
I turn up at any time unannounced and they are always welcoming. Mum has Alzheimer's and has her ups and downs but quickly she seems much happier at The Link, than often struggling to maintain her 'independence' at home. Thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

My father has been in this home for nearly 2 years now, all the staff are warm, friendly and very caring. I feel that my father is safe and well cared for at this time, and that is so important as it is his most vulnerable time. The conditions are wonderful, it is always clean and smells clean, and almost promotes a home like feeling. The ladies in the front reception always make a point of saying 'hello' and 'goodbye' and 'how was your visit?' It's almost like old fashioned hospitality. I would like to end with Thank You.

How likely would you be to recommend The Links? Extremely Likely

My Aunt has now been a resident for 2 months and although there have been some routine issues which are being dealt with, overall the staff have always been kind, considerate and respectful to my Aunt and the family. Staff go out of their way to help or offer assistance. If asked they provide an immediate response. Staff are attentive. My Aunt is very happy at the Links, its a home from home and on some fronts its better than being at home. My Aunt always has someone to talk to, not only the residents but she likes to sit with the nursing staff who all enjoy her company, as well as the various activities.

Submit a Review for The Links