Hamble Heights

71-73 Botley Road, Fareham, Southampton SO31 1AZ

Hamble Heights offers its residents a lifestyle led, quality environment for those needing support. The care home is staffed with a top quality team that has been handpicked to help them deliver the best residential living, nursing support and specialist dementia care within the Southampton region.

Opened in 2013, the bespoke, purpose-built home was designed around residents’ needs and best interests. For example, all rooms are single, extra-large, private and have an en-suite wetroom. The communal spaces are all furnished to an exceptionally high standard. The residents’ rooms are fully furnished, however, there is plenty of space to personalise the room if residents wish to bring their own favourite furniture pieces.

Hamble Heights offers a great community feel with comfortable lounges, bistro dining rooms, a restaurant quality kitchen and even a hair salon. So when a resident moves to Hamble Heights, they not only feel comfortable and at home – but they also know that they are in the safest of hands.

Owner: The Park Gate Care Home LLP

Person in charge: Sebastian Wiencelewski (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Hamble Heights: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Hamble Heights is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 37 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hamble Heights in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.751 for Hamble Heights is calculated as follows: ( (337 Excellents x 5) + (98 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 441 Ratings = 4.751

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hamble Heights is based on 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 17 Reviews ÷ 12 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Hamble Heights has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.751) from 37 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hamble Heights?

Reviewer Connection to Hamble Heights

My mother stayed at Hamble Heights for over 4 years and was very caringly looked after by the carers and nurses there. Even the resident cat was very kind to her. Her diet was modified over the years as she progressively lost the ability to chew and the bed was also adapted to suit her lessening powers of movement. A very pleasant environment to spend one's last years or less in.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

As a family, we had hoped that nursing home care for dear dad would never be necessary. However, as dad deteriorated at home, his nursing needs could no longer be met. So we made the difficult decision to transfer him to nursing home care.
The care that dad received at Hamble Heights from the moment he arrived on the 4th January, until the date of his death on the 5th February, was exemplary. The staff maintained the highest standards of care, commitment, loving kindness, support and concern not only for dad but for us too as a family. We have nothing but praise for Hamble Heights and the team there brightened a very sad chapter. They treated dad with the utmost dignity, loving care and respect, as they took over responsibility for his end of life care, enabling us as a family to share once more special times with dad, knowing that he was properly cared for in his last earthly chapter. My dad deserved the best, and he received that at Hamble Heights: A true haven of peace and care.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My mum spent the last 9 months of her life at Hamble Heights. Mum was thrown out of her previous care home because they said they could not meet her needs due to her fall risks and her level of dementia.
It was quite a relief to finally find a nursing home that I liked and I knew immediately that this would be the right place for mum and I never regretted that decision.

Mum was often anxious and they changed the furniture around so she was safer, installed mats etc, in her bedroom and the lounge, in order to be alerted quickly.

Every time I visited, it was very evident how well she was being looked after, the staff really cared. I went in one day and mum was singing in a microphone with one of the staff, never once was I turned away.

The whole place is well run by the general manager, the nursing team, and staff are supportive not only to the resident but the family too.

I cannot recommend Hamble Heights highly enough, the whole team are a credit to their home and profession.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

The care was exemplary throughout Dad's short stay. All the staff went over and above their normal duties, providing Dad with compassionate and very kind care. They treated him with great dignity and were also incredibly kind to us. We felt part of the Hamble Heights family and when our dad passed away, they were genuinely sad and shared our sorrow. An outstanding place for our Dad's last journey in life.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My husband spent one week in Hamble Heights to receive end of life care. He couldn’t have been in a better place. His care was outstanding, and the care both my son and I received was outstanding too. We were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. It’s a beautiful happy place where all the staff are very attentive at all times. My son and I are in admiration of everyone at Hamble Heights, the care standards are very high, everywhere is kept spotlessly clean. We felt like it was our home too. I would not hesitate to recommend Hamble Heights to anyone, it’s a very happy, welcoming warm place full of staff with hearts of gold! We can’t thank them enough for how they took care of all of us. Thank you to all at Hamble Heights you are amazing!!

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My husband has complex health needs but receives excellent care from all the staff. There is a warm and friendly atmosphere at Hamble Heights. The staff are helpful and do their best to meet his individual needs and are very supportive. There is a wide range of activities which all can take part in. The management and all the support staff are very approachable and create a secure and comfortable environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My mother was resident at Hamble Heights for almost five years.
In all that time, her care was exemplary.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My mother spent 11 months at Hamble Heights. During that period at no time did we have any concerns about her care there. The staff always treated her kindly and with respect. Both her room and the Home itself felt like a good hotel. The staff telephoned me as she neared the end so I was able to be with her during her last moments, which I much appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

Hamble Heights care for my relative in a caring and supportive way.
They also care for us as his family
We are so very thankful to each member of staff

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My husband was a resident at Hamble Heights for 5 months. He was there for end of life care. During that period he was treated with the utmost care, attention and love. I and my family were also similarly treated, at what was, a very stressful and emotional time.
I have nothing but praise, thanks and love for all the staff. They all carry out their particular roles with efficiency, attention and care and I have the greatest admiration for them all.
I would have no hesitation at all in recommending Hamble Heights to any family who finds themselves in need of a Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

Caring staff, great activities, a family feel. Any care establishment struggles to provide what you would for your own family member but Hamble Heights is as close as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My parents-in-law moved into Hamble Heights in the summer of 2016 due to increasing frailty and dementia. They were able to occupy adjacent rooms and were looked after with tender care and attention. The professional approach of all staff ensured that they were cared for with dignity and thoughtfulness at all times. We had done our best to care for them, in their own home for several years, as was their wish. However, it was soon apparent how their overall wellbeing was improved having become resident at Hamble Heights.
Regretfully, they both died during 2017 but we were confident that their end of life care ensured their peace and comfort.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My father was only resident for a short period but during that time he received very high quality care. He was treated with dignity and respect and the wonderful staff not only supported my father, but the whole family during his stay. I would highly recommend Hamble Heights.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My father has been at Hamble Heights a few months now and has settled in so well and is extremely happy, although he is in the latter part of dementia. All staff are friendly, supportive, understanding and very qualified to supply the 5* treatment to all its residents. The staff and management are like extended family to my father and our family, looking after my father 24/7 and my mother when she visits nothing is too much trouble. There is always something for the residents to do be it activities or live entertainers. Walks in the garden or a trip to the pub next door helps keep a sense of normality and inclusion in their lives. We couldn't ask for a more homely,well-run establishment for my father to live. It's truly home from home!

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

Having looked at several nursing homes for my mum back in March 2017 as she was deionised with bladder cancer we came and visited Hamble Heights.
When we pulled up in the car park l couldn't believe how much l was so impressed by the building looking very modern and impressive.
Then when we got into the reception area and then the manager asked if he could help my mum from the car as she could only use a wheelchair, that's when we knew this was the only place for Mum.
We can't thank the manager, the staff and the nurse's enough as they looked after Mum first class, they all became our friends to the family, each and every one of them.
My mum's room was absolutely gorgeous, so light and big and beautifully decorated. This was the perfect nursing home for my mum and I'm glad she was looked after 100% in there.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

After suffering numerous falls, a stroke and having dementia, my husband needed a place in a nursing home that would be able to cope with his complex needs.
We were most fortunate to find a place at Hamble Heights.
The management and all the staff are dedicated and professional, they have supported us as a family and provide a very high standard of care in a friendly atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

When my daughter and I walked into Hamble Height, I knew this was the home we wanted my husband to spend his last days of his life. Everyone was so friendly and understanding to the residents and their families. We would have to go a long way to find another home as good as Hamble Heights. It's top class in everything they do and I thank them all for the excellent care they are giving my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

First class overall. My wife has settled quickly and is treated with dignity. Real care, good facilities throughout, modern, airy, open family/visitors made very welcome. Definitely, recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My mother recently passed away; whilst caring for her in her last weeks the whole team showed the utmost care, respect and dedication to their profession. Towards the end weeks mum was bedridden. I would often visit to find a staff member sat in her room soothing and talking to her life a surrogate family member would do. I have nothing but praise for the carers nursing staff and support staff who work together to form a 'family' caring ethos.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

Since my first encounter with Hamble Heights, they have excelled in all aspects. My Grandfather was firstly placed in a home which, quite frankly, I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy and from the very beginning, Hamble Height's family liaison was understanding, resourceful and a shoulder to lean on. Her assistance with his move is still greatly appreciated by both me and my Grandmother as their flexibility and openness really put our minds to rest.

I would like to thank the entire team at Hamble Heights, their Nurses and the Caring team are second to none. They are approachable, friendly and always have time to help and talk. It's with their assistance that my Grandfather (at 94) has regained his ability to walk and has got his spark back. It really means something to see him trying to better himself as opposed to giving up.

Thank you all for your continued efforts, It's nice to find a home that actually has that comfortable, homely feel!

Merry Christmas

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My father was a resident for over 2 years up until his death.
He was always treated very kindly by the lovely staff, despite his illness making him very difficult at times.

He was also in very poor physical health when he arrived and through great nursing care, his physical condition improved hugely within weeks. They also managed his pain and he always appeared comfortable when we visited. This was very different from his last months at home.
The staff were always very kind and friendly to us when visiting.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My father has been at Hamble Heights since November last year. He sadly passed away on 30th September. Dad was so happy here and the care he received was exceptional. I spent the last five days at his bedside and we were both looked after so well. I could not have wished for a better and more dignified end for my dad. I would not hesitate to recommend Hamble Heights to anyone this place is full of the most loving caring people ever. Thank you so much, everyone, you will never know how grateful I am xxx

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

Genuinely caring staff, normally aware of individual needs and responsive to them. Friendly atmosphere. Comfortable, airy, spacious and well-maintained premises (purpose built, relatively new) range of activities on offer.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

The care my mother received in her short time at Hamble Heights was outstanding.

The attitude, concern and care shown by the staff, whatever their role, is excellent, creating a wonderful atmosphere in this lovely homely environment. Everyone was friendly and chatty and nothing was too much.

My mother declined quickly due to her illness and we were called to her bedside as she was fading. On arrival two members of staff were with her holding her hands, classical music playing in the background (she loved music). If I hadn't managed to get there she wouldn't have died alone, the staff do really care. That caring covered not only my mother but also the family which was greatly appreciated.

Leadership comes from the top and this is a very well run home, which was clearly apparent by the high level of moral and attitude of all the staff we came into contact with.

The undertaker told us the staff lined up to say farewell to Mum when they collected her, a lovely caring touch.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My friend has been at Hamble Heights for 9 months. In that time she has been treated with the utmost respect and kindness. All staff treat their guests as part of a family and triage as such.
They are of great support to the occupant's friends and family and nothing is too much trouble.
Someone is always available to discuss their condition. When the inevitable end came the staff's kindness was wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident at Hamble Heights for almost 2 and a half years. She was virtually immobile and suffered from vascular dementia. The care that she received was exemplary - it was personal, thoughtful and above all, recognised the person that she had been, as well as the person that she had become. The team at Hamble Heights went above and beyond dealing with the day to day needs of her personal care. They took the time to get to know her and made that place her home - somewhere she could feel safe, comforted and loved. This attention was not just from the carers and the nurses, but from every member of the staff, including the management, reception team, the cleaners, the cooks and the facilities management team. In her last few weeks, this level of care became even higher. We could not have hoped for a more loving and safe environment in which she spent her last days. This is an exceptional care home and one which I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

Until two years ago dad was living alone in a remote part of Aberdeenshire, with Alzheimer's. He was determined to stay in Scotland and live independently for as long as possible but inevitably his condition progressed. The time came when we needed to move him back south, into a home where we knew he would be near his family and above all else, safe. We spent a long time searching for a suitable home. We found that many listed that they were 'dementia friendly', but the reality was that if and when dad's condition progressed, it was very likely that he would need to be moved on. This was a real concern for us. Thankfully, I had spotted Hamble Heights not long after dad was diagnosed and we were fortunate that they had a room for him when the Big Move South was necessary. As his daughter and POA, l couldn't be happier with where dad is. The staff are extremely friendly and genuinely care about dad (and the whole family). Hamble Heights is lovely and really does go 'the extra mile' : )

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

I am extremely happy with the care my husband has received at Hamble Heights. All the staff are very caring and show compassion. They are quick to act if he needs attention. I am kept informed of his care needs. I would not hesitate in recommending this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

Only minor issues such as communication - not being informed when items (toiletries etc) are running out. Pot plants on window sills not watered often enough. No complaints at all about major things.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Likely

Hamble Heights is a unique place. From the moment you step into the Reception area you immediately feel a sense of calm in this very well-organised home, and the welcome is always warm and friendly. Our mother has been resident here for almost three years, and so we do now feel part of a wider 'family' - we have formed close bonds and friendships with many of the staff, the management team and also other residents and their families. Most importantly, our mother is so very well cared for in every aspect of her life - personal care, physical well-being, comfort, companionship and genuinely treated and respected in a way that we had always hoped for. Mum's Dementia has progressed through a number of different characteristics and issues and will continue to do so, and as a family we are confident that Hamble Heights have the right balance of care and professionalism to look after her on-going needs in the best possible way.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

The staff are extremely caring and treat the residents with compassion and dignity. There are many events to keep the residents stimulated. The rooms are bright and airy and well maintained. Always a lovely atmosphere when you enter the building.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

My mother has been living at Hamble Heights since it opened. She has a lovely room on the second floor which specialises in dementia care. The staff, from management to care staff are completely warm, friendly and caring ensuring my mother's needs are met and her daily life is enhanced when possible.
We recently lost our father to cancer and everyone at Hamble Heights were unbelievably supportive to us and our mother as we all grieved. It is a real pleasure to visit, from the coffee machine in reception to the warm welcome wherever we go, but especially on Mum's floor where all the carers know us well and make us feel comfortable.
Mum is in the final stages of her life and is being cared for in a caring and gentle way with her family completely confident that her dignity and health are supported. We are so pleased with the care Mum receives and rate Hamble Heights highly.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

Very good home with high standard of care. Management receptive to feedback and continuous improvement. All staff have a genuine caring/compassionate attitude.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

I was recommended by another care home! The best decision I've made for my husband. The staff are so supportive of him and me. They take time to talk to him and explain what they are doing. They go the extra mile to try and stimulate him, ensuring he is comfortable and are trying to get the right medication to hopefully get him into a chair to enable him to join other residents in the lounge and particularly when the entertainment is on. I couldn't be more reassured that he is getting the best care possible. No matter what time I ring, they always know what he has been doing, what he's eaten and his mood, which shows he is being constantly checked.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

Well, to the Deputy Manager, we just love you! You came and did an assessment of my mums needs, a week later mum moved in and you and your team have just helped us in every way to find a safe and comfortable solution for mums care. Every promise you made has been met, including the ice cream machine ! We looked at other homes and experienced others before, this is just like a cruise ship holiday with a 5 star restaurant, mum gets what she wants, when she wants, ok she can't leave the ship (but just as well) but we can join the cruise at any time on route and share in the fun and care. The Manager, receptionist, senior carer and administrator, and all of you that do the day to day stuff, thank you all so much. We sleep well at night after a hard decision to hand over the care to you. PS. Give Buddy the cat a stroke from us. He is part of the charm.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

On the whole I believe Hamble Heights provides good to excellent care for my mother. I only have two concerns/complaints
1) The number of agency staff seem high at times.
2) Sometimes it is hard to get feedback on medial concerns i.e. not always possible to find out results of medical consultations because cannot find head nurse on duty.
Food, cleanliness and in general the care is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamble Heights? Extremely Likely

Michelle Newcombe, General Manager at Hamble Heights responded to this review on 19 Nov 2015:

Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I am disappointed to learn that you have experienced high levels of agency staff. We have worked very hard on recruiting an excellent team of nurses and carers and established a fantastic team and have not relied on agency staff for some weeks now except for odd occasions when staff are ill and we can’t cover at short notice. I hope you have seen the improvements.

I am also concerned that you are at times unable to locate a lead nurse to speak to you regarding medical matters. There is always a nurse on call. If when you visit, our unit managers are busy with residents, please always ask a team member to locate someone for you and we can oblige either by phone or in person. I would like to meet with you to discuss your concerns, so please do let me know when you are available to meet.

Kind regards,
Michelle Newcombe
Home Manager

Delighted with care father is receiving. Care at home had become difficult as his health issues required 24/7 care to provide a safe environment. Father has this at Hamble Heights but still retains his ability to be left to his own company as and when he wishes.

Submit a Review for Hamble Heights

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hamble Heights

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hamble Heights