Gracewell of Salisbury

Shapland Close, Wilton Road, Salisbury SP2 7EJ

Gracewell of Salisbury is a luxury care home registered for sixty-three people and offering residential, nursing and dementia care. Claire Lousteau, the Home Manager, leads a friendly team of professionals. They provide compassionate care for residents, assisting them to enjoy their lives to the full within the home and as part of the community, in which Gracewell of Salisbury plays an active part.

The home was designed around a beautiful Georgian house and grounds and is part of Gracewell Healthcare, winner of the Health Investors Award for residential care provider of the year 2014.

Group: Gracewell Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Claire Lousteau (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wiltshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 63 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Near Public Transport • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Gracewell of Salisbury is in Shapland Close, which is to the side of the Law Courts on Wilton Road. It is on the right-hand side of the road if you are coming from Salisbury and the turning into Shapland Close is just before the Law Courts.

Visitors welcome and guests. The home is open every day, however, please call ahead if you wish to meet the Home Manager . Lots of events are organised for the residents and if you are visiting one of the residents, it is always best to call in advance.

Gracewell of Salisbury has plenty of private parking space for residents and visitors within its grounds.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Gracewell of Salisbury: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Gracewell of Salisbury is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 22 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Gracewell of Salisbury in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.502 for Gracewell of Salisbury is calculated as follows: ( (147 Excellents x 5) + (101 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 263 Ratings = 4.502

The 4.794 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Gracewell of Salisbury is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.6 positive Reviews (63 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 12.6 Target = 0.794

9.3 Gracewell of Salisbury has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.296) from 22 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Gracewell of Salisbury?

Reviewer Connection to Gracewell of Salisbury

I find all of the staff very helpful and caring towards the residents. My husband has improved in many ways since arriving at the home and he seems to be very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

Marketing, Marketing at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 10 Apr 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Gracewell of Salisbury.
The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

Mum spent a year in another “high end” nursing home before moving to Gracewell. Since the move, her condition and demeanour have improved considerably. We are delighted with how she has settled in and the care she is receiving. The food is very good, the activities are plenty, varied and appropriate and all the staff take time to meet Mums needs. We feel confident now that she is getting the level of care she is paying for.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

Marketing, Marketing at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 22 Mar 2018:

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

I've had my mum at Gracewell for the last 11 months as she has Alzheimer's I found this very hard to cope with, I felt I had let my mum down, but when I could see my mum was happy and being looked after I could then relax and have good times with her.
I thought it could not get any worse, then in November this year, Dad had a massive stroke. Without the help of management and staff at front of desk, I'm sure I would have had a breakdown, I will never be able to thank them enough. Dad is now at Gracewell being looked after. I can come and see them both at the same time. Dad is eating at risk due to not being able to swallow and can not move. Because all the staff know my dad they all come in to see him and keep him happy, I would love to name you all but I hope you know who you are.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

Marketing, Digital Marketing Executive at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 12 Dec 2017:

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

The prospect of moving into a care home was a daunting one for my aunt. Having lived independently for the greater part of her 92 years and in the same home for the past two decades, it was understandable that she was both anxious and upset. However, everyone at Gracewell has been magnificent and have ensured that the transition has been as smooth as it possibly could have been.

The accommodation is extremely comfortable, the staff have been first class, and the food makes me wish that I was staying there!

Thank you very much.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

Marketing, Digital Marketing Executive at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 16 Nov 2017:

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team.

There is sometimes trouble looking after catheter.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Likely

Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities to make a difference to our residents and their families lives. Therefore, I’ve passed your feedback on to the rest of the team, so we can look into addressing this issue. In the meantime, please feel free to contact the Home manager if you would like to discuss this in further detail.
The Gracewell of Salisbury Team.

My father-in-law is being cared for in a kind, considerate way with his needs being seen to sensitively. He is clean and well fed and nursing staff have taken the time to get to know his likes and dislikes.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

The care provided by all the staff is very professional, compassionate with great care to client's personal care. The activities are very constructive and to the abilities of all client's dietary needs are offered and the menus are always good and healthy. The rooms are all nicely decorated and the home is well heated, light and airy. The grounds are very well pathed for elderly mobility as are the corridors of the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

Gracewell Salisbury Manor were quick to respond to my request for help in getting my 89-year-old mother into care after a fall left her without the use of her legs. Because of her anxiety issues, my father wanted to accompany her into care and was happy to find that there was a residential floor on which he could have his own ensuite room; he did not have to be on the nursing floor. The home is friendly and the surroundings are spacious and modern: each room has a full ensuite shower room meaning that immobile people can be lifted and showered in the privacy of their own room; there are pretty gardens and most rooms have French doors to the outside; own pictures and furniture are accommodated and the food is generally good, served cheerfully and in pleasant surroundings. The carers work hard, are calm and do their best to respond as quickly as possible to calls for help but there are inevitable delays sometimes with associated stresses for anxious, confused old people.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Likely

My father has been in 3 previous homes for respite care and this is by far the best.
The home is clean, staff are friendly and helpful and my father's needs are provided for in an excellent way.
I have no adverse comments about the home or the care he is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 10 Jul 2017:

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

Both my parents have been resident at Gracewell of Salisbury for 3 months. Both have Dementia and required specialist Dementia care that was not available at their previous care home. We selected Gracewell following several visits and were impressed by the quality and cleanliness of the premises. The size of residents rooms and ensuites and the overall approach of the staff we spoke to. Both my parents have had a number of health issues, these have been dealt with very efficiently with appropriate outside referrals as necessary and I have been kept fully informed at all times. The staff are caring and and approachable and are always happy to receive feedback and quick to react to any requests.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 09 May 2017:

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

My experience has been wholly positive from beginning to date.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 21 Mar 2017:

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

I have now been here for over 9 months my husband is in the dementia department. I feel I am more active and healthy than most of my residential floor. I find some of the activities rather kindergarten but probably put on for the more disabled residents. I am coeliac and have found the kitchen staff and carers very helpful with food.
I find the carers particularly the night staff very helpful. I miss not having cooking facilities and more space for my art.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Neither Unlikely or Likely

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

My son looked around Salisbury for the best home two years ago. And thought Gracewell to be the cleanest and best, then called by another name. I have been very happy here and although I don't always desire the food offered, there is a long list of choice that one can have, and always sandwiches on hand also tea and coffee. The beds are very comfortable and rooms large and warm, every room has ensuite with shower and large french windows to the garden. Comfortable chair and some of my own furniture. What more can I say? I am 93 years old and very happy.
I should also mention the staff are always very caring and helpful.

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

I have been here a year and I have no complaints. There are lots of activities but I don't participate often as I don't hear very well. We also have regular meetings with staff and residents and these are acted on.

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

The friendly overall atmosphere. The one inconvenience is having to use lifts between floor levels

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

Excellent home and all the staff have lots of time for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 14 Mar 2017:

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

The lady I visit has been my companion for five years. Prior to coming here, we would cook the main meal of the day to share then I was doing all the cooking as her dementia developed. For continuity, I come to Gracewell of Salisbury several days per week to have lunch with her. After hankering to go home, she has now settled to living in care. I enjoy coming now I am released from cooking our meals and I appreciate the general homely feel of the place.

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

My wife has been a resident for five months. Overall I am happy with my wife's care. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I visit daily so I am able to monitor the level of care my wife receives. My family and I had some concerns which we decided were best discussed with management and an appointment was made. However, when we arrived we were seen by a senior nurse instead. At the same time, we were aware that the number of management was on site. The care provided is good but occasional lapses include not wearing dentures. Unfortunately, despite this being raised with the senior staff they are still being forgotten to be used.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 16 Feb 2017:

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

Mum has improved in health and wellbeing since she arrived. My mother came to the care home via hospital and from the moment she arrived the care and attention she has received has been second to none (excellent). My sisters and I and the rest of the family can rest at home knowing she is being well looked after and that when we visit, which is very regularly, we have quality time with mum and a happy and friendly atmosphere in which to do it. I cannot fault any of the staff and would happily move in when my time comes.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 27 Jan 2017:

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

I was impressed by the home and staff who are friendly and efficient. The home is pleasing and its layout is well thought out. I felt there is a slight understaffing issue in some areas, such as cleaning. No fault on the part of the cleaning staff. But on the whole, a well run and attractive home.

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

My step-mother was made very welcome and settled in surprisingly quickly in view that she gets anxious when there is change. My sister experienced an unpleasant member of staff on the day of her arrival, who was, by any standards, curt and rude.
We have experienced frustrating muddles getting her ongoing care sorted from the council and could have had more support from financial staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Gracewell of Salisbury? Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Gracewell of Salisbury responded to this review on 17 May 2017:

The Gracewell of Salisbury Team

Having inspected various homes, I was very glad to be accepted here. I consider it very well run. The staff without exception are really great. Nothing is too much trouble for them to do. The welfare of each individual is very comprehensive. The activities are very good and I take full advantage. The rules and regulations are kept to a minimum. I do however, consider the lighting in the individual rooms to be poor. The bedside light is pretty useless. It would be a great advantage to have sky.

Submit a Review for Gracewell of Salisbury

Claire

Claire Lousteau

Joined: 2012

I lead a team of dedicated staff, recruited locally from the city and surrounding area in Salisbury’s first luxury boutique home. Gracewell of Salisbury provides residential, nursing and specialist dementia care. I am a trained nurse with over twenty years’ experience in all aspects of elderly care at a senior level including rehab, long-term and palliative settings for the elderly. I am committed to best practice and I am a real people person. My passion is to deliver quality person-centred care and ensure that my home plays an active role in the local community.

Natasha

Natasha Howard

Job Title: Deputy Home Manager

I am a registered nurse who has worked in the NHS for 17 years, the latter 12 years as a Senior Sister of a medical ward. I joined Gracewell of Salisbury as the deputy manager in July 2015.

I am proud to work with a team who believe passionately in providing the highest quality care to our residents.

Sandra

Sandra Smith

Job Title: Home Admissions Advisor

Since joining Gracewell of Salisbury I have met some wonderful families and helped them to make difficult decisions for themselves or a loved one. My role is very rewarding and at times extremely emotive, but I feel confident in knowing that Gracewell can offer personal care and support for each resident so they are able to enjoy the next phase of their life. Our home is friendly and welcoming and has a home from home feel. Our residents enjoy fine dining, a variety of daily activities, entertainment and social events. I am proud to be part of such a professional team working in a lovely home dedicated to putting the needs of our residents first.

Zodwa

Zodwa Lukhele

Job Title: Clinical Lead

I have been a registered nurse since 2001 and joined GW Salisbury in February 2016. Before joining Gracewell I worked for other nursing care providers as a senior nurse/sister. I delight in delivering the best care for the residents and support the families and staff at all times and I believe that GW delivers excellent personalised care for our residents. I am proud to be part of such a committed team who always put the needs of our residents first.

Ben

Ben Cooper

Job Title: Activities Co-ordinator

My team and I organise activities throughout the year for our residents. The activities we provide during the week range from are exercise, yoga, bowling, quizzes, flower arranging and local trips out. We also, work with other companies who perform shows, entertainment from the golden years, music and art therapy. There is always something going on for residents to enjoy with us. We pride ourselves on the quality and variety of activities on offer.

James

James Butterfield

Job Title: Head Chef

I have been in catering for the last 18 years and joined Gracewell of Salisbury when the home first opened. I was able to handpick my own staff and all my current team are doing further training to improve their catering skills. My experience includes working within the NHS and I had the privilege of proving refreshments for Princess Anne at an NHS opening. I was part of the lead team who won the national catering team of the year in the NHS and I was third in the national final for the Hotel Olympia awards. I am proud to work for Gracewell of Salisbury and have the opportunity to provide restaurant standard food to all our residents using quality ingredients and I am very honoured to use the Queens butcher.

I enjoy working with such an excellent team and building relationships with residents and their families.

Nick

Nick Ford

Job Title: Senior Administrator

I have worked with Gracewell of Salisbury since May 2014. I have worked in the domiciliary care sector in an administrative role for 8 years and have met a wide range of people and personalities. I enjoy working in a care home as it gives me the opportunity to meet people from different backgrounds with lots of stories to tell. It is a great home with a great team of people who all have the same objective, to provide excellent care and make the residents feel as at home as possible and the team at Salisbury do this very well.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gracewell of Salisbury