Hinckley House Care Home, Hinckley, Leicestershire

With a backdrop of Hinckley’s Richmond Park, Hinckley House offers a view of the passing seasons to residents who have residential, dementia or respite care needs.

The secluded gardens have an aviary, gazebo and raised flower beds.

Every effort is made to accommodate each individual's needs and wants, aided by family members, who are encouraged to play a part in the running of the home.

Indoor spaces are bright spaces for socialising, and bedrooms can be personalised according to residents’ wishes.

There are activities to suit all tastes and parties for special occasions.

The home has its own minibus to take residents out for trips on a canal boat to the cinema and local pub, to name but a few.

Mealtimes are social occasions and the three meals a day are nutritious, healthy and appetising.

Group: Avery Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Paul Botham (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leicestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £810 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Hinckley House Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.) (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Hinckley House Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Lift • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Hinckley House Care Home: click here

8.9 Hinckley House Care Home has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.943)

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Hinckley House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hinckley House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.526 for Hinckley House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (132 Excellents x 5) + (84 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 228 Ratings = 4.526

The 4.417 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hinckley House Care Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.417

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hinckley House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Hinckley House Care Home

My mum went into Hinckley House at the beginning of February 2015 and has been more than well looked after. I would recommend this care home to anyone, they really care for you at all times. My mum passed away on Saturday 8th August 2017 but there was always a carer with her if I wasn't there and if I was there, they would get on with other jobs and come back when I told them I was leaving. There is not a better one than this home where we live.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum's care has been excellent after moving her from another Avery home in Staffordshire in July this year. The staff have welcomed Mum from the start, got to know her quirks and are working within those boundaries! Mum has had two episodes of failing health and the staff have been excellent in responding, ensuring her safety and hospitalisation as well as her return to the home. The staff work hard to entice Mum to eat and action any issues. Mum is treated with dignity and respect as well as humour which she loves.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been impressed with the care and support provided for my father since he came to the home in Feb 2017 following the death of my mother. The staff have helped him to adjust well and nothing appears too much trouble.
The rooms and choice/standard of food are very good. There appear to be lots of activities for residents but my father is pleased to still be able to attend stroke and help the aged club members as well as football matches.
He feels safe and content.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Likely

I have been staying at Hinckley House care home since February 2017 following the sudden death of my wife. I have found the staff to be very caring and understanding.
The accommodation/room is a good size and is kept clean and tidy. I have also enjoyed the choice and quality of food at meal times.
I still have the flexibility to attend charity meetings as well as football matches so I feel that all of my needs are being met.
Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Likely

The staff were great. Always offering cups of tea when visiting. The nursing staff are excellent and very caring from the cleaners to laundry workers all the way through the home everyone always spoke to us. Patients enjoy the entertainment.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

At this stage of our life, my wife and I have had many friends and relations in various homes and residences in and around this area. We are very impressed with this home and consider it to be perhaps the best of the ones we have visited. The layout and general attention is excellent, the attention and care our friends receive is very good whilst the reception and friendly greeting we get from staff during our visits cannot be faltered.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Dad who is 96 was quite reluctant to go into a care home for respite to give me and my sister a break, he remembers how they used to be, but he loved it there. The staff are so kind and caring and the home is more like a four-star hotel, the food was great and the place is spotlessly clean. He is looking forward to going in again.
Thank you to everyone involved in my dad's care over the past week.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My aunt has been a permanent resident for almost five weeks having received respite care once or twice before. She speaks well of the care she receives and the quality and variety of food. There has been a welcoming, calm and relaxed atmosphere when I have visited. The home is clean, fresh, bright and very well presented, the facilities are excellent. There appears to be a lively programme of activities although my aunt complains of long, lonely evenings after the other residents have retired to their rooms. The staff are very pleasant and always look smart.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Likely

My mum and dad have settled in very well. They both feel secure and safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Likely

In less than 3 months, my in-laws have settled in very well. My husband and I are very impressed with the overall atmosphere and attentive staff in all departments.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I find the care very good - apart from one or two staff members from another agency.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Likely

I feel I have settled in well. Although I do have moments when I wish I was at home, but I know this is impossible due to my lack of mobility. I find the staff very friendly, capable and helpful (apart from some members of agency staff).

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Likely

For the short time my mother has been there, we have found the staff very kind and helpful. Her room is very comfortable and warm.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Likely

I like it here, I am happy living here it feels safe. I'd rather be here than in my bungalow. I have made many friends and its always nice to know there is always someone there to help you or just to have a chat.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I do like it here. I've had worse. I do like the food when I have fish and chips. I love having my hair done every Tuesday. The bedroom I find is not very big I need a bigger bedroom, nice lay out.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I enjoy living here. I enjoy the food and drink. I love a drop of brandy in my coffee and staff are nice and friendly. I see the boss daily.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I find the staff very helpful and caring. Efficient and my friend is kept very clean and well cared for. The activities and entertainment are very simulating for her. The lift needs replacing or servicing regularly as it is often out of order.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been in home for 18 months. She is looked after to a high standard. her every need is catered for. The staff are very knowing to each individual. Mum had a funny turn one Sunday, when we arrived there was about 4 staff around her. they rang 111 for paramedics who arrived within 1/2 hour. Staff stayed with her and kept us informed. An ambulance arrived within the hour. A member of staff was with her all the time. Mum found to be ok. They assured us she would be monitored all through the night. Thank you for all your care.

How likely would you be to recommend Hinckley House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I think I am fairly lucky in being able to live in my fading years in a house such as Hinckley House Care Home. I have moved from a previous home. I have therefore been able to make comparisons. It is a question of young and old and I think it is a difficult choice for a young person to take on the job of caring. That first day must be most difficult for them all. In a way I have been lucky I was born and bred in Leicester and worked most of my life in the hosiery and knitwear trade. Generally I think top management, do a good job in the choice of carers, for all the time I have spent in their company, I haven't come across anyone that I dislike. Lucky me.

Submit a Review for Hinckley House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hinckley House Care Home