Elmstead Care Home, Chislehurst, London

Elmstead as been purpose-designed for the challenges of dementia and residential care. All of the care provided is individualised and the carers are experienced in respite, palliative and convalescent care. A day care service is also available where hot meals are provided as well as assistance with bathing and washing.

The home boasts a spacious interior equipped for good care and has a 24-hour call system to ensure professionals can always be contacted. There is an on-site library, hairdressing salon and a garden with a pond.

Mealtimes are always a priority, with personal dietary needs and preferences assessed on arrival.

The activities co-ordinator makes sure that birthdays are special occasions and ensures there is a different themed event every month. Many charity initiatives, such as Communi-Tea and Community Spirit Week, are celebrated.

Person in charge: Emma Staples (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Bromley Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 49 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Arabic, French, Maltese

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Elmstead Care Home: click here

8.8 Elmstead Care Home has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.752)

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Elmstead Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Elmstead Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.2 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.594 for Elmstead Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (60 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 96 Ratings = 4.594

The 4.158 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Elmstead Care Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 9.8 positive Reviews (49 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 9.8 Target = 0.408

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Elmstead Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Elmstead Care Home

• Relative of Resident/Service User

I would like to say how amazing the staff are at Elmstead Care home. They go above and beyond the care of duty. Since our mum has come into the home she has improved in so many ways. This I believe is down to the fantastic care she receives. The staff work so hard to ensure that mum is happy, as a family we are made to feel that this is also our home.

How likely would you be to recommend Elmstead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administator at Elmstead Care Home responded to this review on 06 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that your mum has improved so much and that you feel at home to when you visit. The Bupa customer care team.

This care home has exceeded most of my expectations relating to the welfare of my mother. Not the easiest elderly lady to look after but she is happy, clean and settled after being here three months now. The staff are dedicated to making life as full and fun as is possible. My mum is well looked after which in turn has given me my life back. Kind, caring, professional people in a caring, clean environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Elmstead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Elmstead Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate you sharing them with us, we will pass the comments to the home manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

A well run caring environment. We have every faith in the home, mum is always clean and tidy and appears to have her every need met.

How likely would you be to recommend Elmstead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I first entered the home unannounced with the idea of seeing if the home was suitable for my friend for short term respite. I was immediately struck by the open and friendly attitude of all staff and the happiness of the residents - the home had a buzz! My friend has been integrated within the home and have been involved with any activities she has wanted to join in, looked after and cared for as a family member. Nothing has been too much trouble. Her smile has returned.

How likely would you be to recommend Elmstead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Elmstead Care Home responded to this review on 19 Apr 2017:

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review with us. I am so pleased to hear that you are impressed by our Elmstead Care Home, and that your friend is enjoying her time there and is joining in with our activities. We really appreciate your feedback. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My Mum was in Elmstead for over 5 years. I feel so lucky that she was there. She was SO well looked after. The staff are the kindest and caring anyone could wish for. Everyone from the care manager to the chef were absolutely brilliant. I would like to mention all the staff as during the time my mum was there I got to know all of them. This home is like 1 big happy family. It's exceptionally clean and very well run. Lots of activities and a lovely garden in the summer. I would have no reason not to recommend Elmstead.

How likely would you be to recommend Elmstead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Elmstead Care Home responded to this review on 26 Oct 2016:

My mother went to the above care home for 1 weeks respite while I had a much-needed break.
The staff were most attentive and caring, nothing was too much trouble and she wanted for nothing. I have nothing but praise for the whole staff and the cleanliness of the building.

How likely would you be to recommend Elmstead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Elmstead Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

My dad moved into Elmstead Care Home in September 2015. He had been in the hospital for some time before having been diagnosed with Dementia and Alzheimer's. When I first looked at Elmstead, it was the warmth and friendliness of the management and staff that attracted me. The rooms, facilities and garden are lovely. They have regular activities which my dad always enjoys. The food is excellent. My dad has settled in and is always happy and cheerful when I visit. In my opinion, Elmstead is an excellent home, I would recommend it to all.

How likely would you be to recommend Elmstead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Elmstead Care Home responded to this review on 25 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

My daughter and myself had been looking for respite for my husband for numerous weeks without success, then a very helpful social worker gave us two homes to visit. The first one, was the one. The staff were so welcoming, they gave us tea and biscuits and showed us about the home. We both thought this is the one.
My husband has just come home after two weeks - I look forward for another stay - The downside is the council have cut funding at this home, shame on you social services! for us both working all our lives - where do we go now?

How likely would you be to recommend Elmstead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Elmstead Care Home responded to this review on 15 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Submit a Review for Elmstead Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Elmstead Care Home