Talbot Woods Lodge, Bournemouth, Dorset

Talbot Woods Lodge is a care home and day service for adults with learning disabilities.

It provides day care opportunities on and off site, with three minibuses at its disposal, to meet the individual interests of clients whether it be hiking, swimming, playing an Xbox Kinect, having a picnic or growing fruit and vegetables in an allotment.

Experienced caring staff help individuals to develop life skills such as shopping, preparing meals and other tasks they wish to do. As a result, individuals at Talbot Woods Lodge have all the support they need to grow in confidence and independence and lead an active, healthy life.

Bi-monthly, residents will hold a meeting at Talbot Woods Lodge to discuss how they feel about the service and put forward any changes they believe would improve the service. No topic is taboo. Menu changes, outings, training, outreach schemes, resident holidays and other issues are discussed.

Owner: Mr & Mrs J Colley

Person in charge: Mr & Mrs J Colley (Owners)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bournemouth Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 15 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £550 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Talbot Woods Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.) (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Talbot Woods Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Talbot Woods Lodge: click here

10 Talbot Woods Lodge has a Review Score of 10 (10.000)

The Review Score of 10 (maximum of 10) for Talbot Woods Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Talbot Woods Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 5 for Talbot Woods Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (228 Excellents x 5) ) ÷ 228 Ratings = 5

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Talbot Woods Lodge is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 3 positive Reviews (15 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 3 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Talbot Woods Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Talbot Woods Lodge

• Mother of Resident/Service User
  • Father of Resident/Service User
  • Sister-in-law of Resident/Service User

I am kept well informed of my daughter's activities, for example, when she goes personal shopping and attends her club each month. I always receive a warm and friendly welcome from staff when I visit the home. My daughter has a new blind in her bedroom which she likes. The phone messages are always clear when left for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

I appreciate being kept regularly informed of my daughter's care and state of health. I have no problems with the laundry service. I was given plenty of notice of my daughters review this summer and I will be able to attend.
I am aware the home has been recently painted and decorated.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

I receive a great welcome when I visit Talbot Woods Lodge.
The general mood and atmosphere of the home is fine, relaxed and family orientated. I am satisfied with the laundry service and I'm kept informed and consulted on my relatives care and health.
My overall impression of the home is friendly, relaxing and welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

The staff are friendly and helpful when I visit. The general mood and atmosphere of the home is friendly. I have no problems with the laundry for my son. My son goes out for regular walks and outings. I am kept well informed of my son's state of health.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

My brother in law enjoys his time at the home when he visits for respite and he is happy with everything. He enjoys the outings and visited Monkey World when he was at the home in May. He always keeps me well informed of what he has done during the time he has spent in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

I always receive a warm and friendly welcome from staff when I visit the home and a lovely cup of coffee during my visit.
I noticed the home had recently been painted and decorated.
My sister really enjoys her visits to the farm each week seeing the piggies and chicks.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

I always receive a lovely welcome from staff when I visit my cousin. Staff are friendly and helpful. My cousin is always tidy when I visit. He has been on several outings recently to a farm and a railway. The home is nice and homely. I am always kept well informed of my cousin's state of health. I appreciate being able to sit with him in his room and have a chat and a cup of tea.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

My daughter enjoys going swimming and splashing about and using the floats at her Saturday swim club. She lets me know when she has had her hair cut. I am happy with the laundry service for her. I am kept well informed of her health and care. My daughter's bedroom has been painted recently and she has a new window blind. There is a friendly and happy atmosphere in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have no issues or concerns with the home regarding my foster sister's health and car. I am happy with all aspects of the home. I am happy with the communication with the staff and receive Christmas, Birthday and Easter cards from my foster sister. I was informed of her review but was unable to attend.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

The home is always warm and friendly when I visit my son every Saturday.
The staff are helpful and friendly.
I have a Talbot Woods Lodge calendar which keeps me informed of my son's leisure activities and outings.
I was given plenty of notice of my son's review date and had no problems with the arrangements to attend.
I am happy with the care my son receives at the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

The staff make the home a happy place for all the residents, especially her daughter. The staff are happy and the general mood and atmosphere of the home is lovely.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with all aspects of the home and the care my sister receives.
The staff are always happy and helpful when I visit to take my sister out for a coffee locally.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

I always receive a friendly welcome when I visit my son. The staff are lovely and helpful. My son's room is kept clean and tidy and is very comfortable. I am kept well informed of my son's care and state of health.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

I always receive a warm and friendly welcome from the staff when I visit the home. The home has a happy atmosphere. I have no problems with the laundry service. I am kept well informed of my son's care and state of health.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

I always receive a superb reception when I visit. The staff are really nice. The home is always tidy. My son's room is bright and colourful. I am always informed immediately of any change in my son's care and state of health. I found the last review constructive with sensitive comments. Overall the home gives comfort and good quality of life.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

The home has an excellent general mood and a happy environment. The staff are warm and friendly. I am informed immediately about my daughter's care and state of health. My views are absolutely taken into account. I have noticed big changes in my daughters over the last year. She has come out of her shell. I can rest assured she is in the best hands and place for her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

When I visit the home it is always nice and friendly. I am very glad my sister receives the best care there. I have been kept updated regularly with her care, state of health and changes to her care plan. She is given privacy when receiving phone calls. I am happy with the decor of her room.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

I was very happy with all aspect of the home. My son is able to move easily with his rollator around the home and in his room. The staff know him well communicate well with him.

How likely would you be to recommend Talbot Woods Lodge? Extremely Likely

My overall impression of the home is very good. It's clean and staff are happy. I like the staff they are always welcoming at the front door and friendly and provide a hot drink.

Submit a Review for Talbot Woods Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Talbot Woods Lodge