Fieldway Care Home, Mitcham, London

Fieldway offers care and provision for frail older people and adults with dementia. Carers are trained in up-to-date techniques and innovations, in palliative and end-of-life care, as well as offering convalescence and respite care. Care is also offered to this living with Huntington's and Parkinson's.

This purpose-built facility has been carefully designed to provide a warm and safe environment. Accommodation includes en-suite bedrooms, spacious interiors and landscaped gardens. Residents are welcome to personalise their room to maximise its homely potential.

Mealtimes are versatile, with residents able to eat in the privacy of their own rooms or dining with other residents. Food is freshly prepared and the home even has its own ‘grow your own’ project.

A varied programme of activities adds to the atmosphere of the home, with many volunteers contributing, reminiscence therapy and sing-alongs.

Person in charge: Gill Kerry (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Merton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 68 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish, Russian, Tamil

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Fieldway Care Home: click here

9.1 Fieldway Care Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.146)

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Fieldway Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 32 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Fieldway Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 25 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.146 for Fieldway Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (161 Excellents x 5) + (144 Goods x 4) + (34 Satisfactorys x 3) + (23 Poors x 2) + (9 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 371 Ratings = 4.146

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Fieldway Care Home is based on 25 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.6 positive Reviews (68 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 25 Reviews ÷ 13.6 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Fieldway Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Fieldway Care Home

My mother has only been here a few days but I am extremely happy with the way she is being treated. Her room is lovely and homely, also very clean. Her food likes and dislikes have been taken into account so she is able to eat all her food. Every nurse and carer we have come into contact with has been so kind, caring, compassionate and friendly. They treat her with so much dignity and she is very happy and settled. Everyone at Fieldway smiles. I would not hesitate to recommend Fieldway to anyone looking for a nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 31 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your mum is settling in and is happy. I'm sure she will make new friends and enjoy the activities on offer.

I have found my mum well cared for. The staff are helpful and cheerful.
They are very patient with mum as she can be difficult.
The home has a very pleasant and happy atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

My visits have always been a happy experience. My aunt seems to be well cared for. The staff are always polite and welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 06 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very friendly staff but very busy and sometimes very chaotic.

Value for Money: Poor

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 11 May 2017:

The staff have always been very caring and supportive and the facilities have always been very good. Also, the cleanliness of the facility always appears of the highest quality.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Likely

During my visit to my sister. I find the staff very polite and friendly. I think I would recommend the care home to family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer sercices administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 02 May 2017:

I am so happy with the care my wife receives at Fieldway. She is clean and well cared for. I visit every day and know the staff really well.
They know my wife well now and know how to meet her needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 04 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review, I am so pleased that you are happy with the care your wife is receiving. We really appreciate your feedback and will pass on your kind comments to the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

The care I have here is so good and welcome. I don't know what I would do without it.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie, National Development Manager at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 24 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

My relative needs help with lots of everyday life. The carers are very helpful, cheerful and willing. He is able to stay outside which he loves.
The manageress is a very helpful person, with appointments and any other problems.
This home is a very good place, clean with very caring staff and I would recommend to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

When I walked in for a visit I knew this was the home for my Mum. It was a difficult decision to put her into a nursing home but I have not regretted choosing Fieldway. It is like a family here. I feel the staff know Mum and really care for her. I came at all different times of the day so know day and night staff are consistent and genuine.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Nursing team are generally caring and attentive to my father's needs. Sometimes there appears to be inadequate staffing levels but this is more apparent during and after meal times. On a few occasions, my father was left in bed 'wet' where his pad needed changing and have found him like that. Sometimes clothing went missing and got mixed up but eventually, this was rectified. Often, there is an unpleasant stench when walking into the nursing areas (after reception). On the whole Fieldway Care Home is a friendly home.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administration at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 04 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing are our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Whilst care and support are very good, I do think, from my experience with two very elderly patients, that they could have had more help eating dinners etc. Meat, fish could be in smaller pieces, more manageable when wrists are weak. Pureed dinners could be served when chewing is difficult. I did not see any physio or exercise for individuals which could make a difference to this well-being.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 21 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing are our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.”

My father in law is very happy and extremely safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie Barrett, National Development Manger at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 31 Mar 2017:

My husband was a resident for the last two weeks of his life (Feb/March 2016) when he received excellent care. Staff and nurses are caring, considerate, helpful with very empathetic attitudes to residents. During the past year, I have continued visiting another resident regularly and always receive a warm welcome from management, staff and other residents. My friend is very well cared for whenever I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Tom Meyer, Customer Service Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 20 Mar 2017:

Thank you for sharing this, our condolences to your husband. We are happy to hear your husband received the care he needed and that you still feel very welcome at the home.

My sister and I are very pleased that our mother resides at Fieldway nursing home; and know that the staff always do their best to make sure mum receives the best care, and always ensure she is as comfortable as possible. If we have had any concerns/problems, they are always dealt with professionally.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 17 Mar 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind review, we really appreciate it. I am really pleased that you are happy with the care your Mum is receiving, it is our duty to make our residents feel at home. We will pass on your kind words to the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I'm very happy with the care my husband gets at Fieldway. There's a nice homely feel about the place. Management, nurses and carers do everything they can to make residents and family happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you so much for your kind review. It is our duty to make our residents feel at home, so I am pleased you can sense that within the environment. I will pass on your lovely words to the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

When my mother arrived at Fieldway Care Home in January 2017, she was unable to feed herself and was bed-bound. Since that time she is now alert, speaking and feeding herself (sometimes with help). She is very happy at Fieldway Care Home and we (family) are reassured that we made the right decision in placing her at Fieldway Care Home. All the nursing staff are caring, kind and professional and giving excellent care to my mother and others in Fieldway Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so pleased that your Mother has been making progress. I will pass on your kind words to the home manager.
The Bupa Customer Care Team.

A really lovely care home. All have en-suite accommodation.
Visitors are welcome at any time.
They even give them a birthday cake and party.
Nothing seems too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you so much for sharing your kind review. I am happy to hear that you are pleased by the home. I will pass on your comments to the home manager. Thank you again, The Bupa Customer Care Team.

This will be my first review since my father was admitted. The overall home is above average but then I will need more time to give it a more qualified review. Initial thought is that the home needs some fresh air and a bit of fragrance would be more welcoming. Only one incident when I visited my father disappointed me, he wet his bed and although the carer was very apologetic I expect more checks should be made on his nappy.

Cleanliness: Poor

Food & Drink: Poor

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

The service and the care on the first floor are very good. The carers are top class, they work so hard. I have said many times they are not paid what they are worth. I can say that my wife's cleanliness is very good. I hope they will not lose their good carers. This is not a complaint, without their care, she would not be here.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

I find the home overall very good.
You cannot fault the nurses and carers and staff.
I've always found them very helpful.
The home is clean and modern and my Dad's room is in a good location within the home.
The administration side of things could do with a bit more efficiency. They need chasing up on paperwork.

Value for Money: Poor

Every time I come and visit my nana, all the staff seem very attentive and are very friendly. My nana is as happy as she can be here and always says nice things about the staff. My family seem very pleased with the treatment my nan receives here. Overall we are happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 10 Mar 2017:

Management are slow to do forms etc. Lack of communication.
Staff carers are excellent, friendly and caring.
A place I would stay if I needed a care home.

Value for Money: Very Poor

Like a prison, confined to room.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Likely

My husband has been a resident on 6 occasions so far for respite care. He is always made to feel welcome by the staff who greet him by his first name so he settles at once with a homely atmosphere. They work hard making the residents comfortable, giving them help with personal care when required. The only criticism is the laundry which could do with better organisation. They always struggle to provide an adequate service both for collection and return of items. Too many marked clothes are not returned.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2016:

I am very happy at the care home Fieldway Care Home. All the staff are very friendly and helpful and I am looked after very well. I am treated with respect and my personal likes and dislikes are catered for.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

We are very happy with the home and the staff. Our aunt is very happy and settled there. She is very close to her her sister who is able to visit every day. The home is always very welcoming when we visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

Having only heard horror stories about care homes. I now know this is not the case for all care homes as I cannot fault the care home my father is in (Fieldway Care Home). I feel the staff go above and beyond and are extremely helpful in all duties surrounding my father's care. I am kept well informed and alerted if any problems come up. The staff are extremely personable with all the patients in the care home and I can't thank them enough for their hard work and dedication.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Adminstrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 16 Sep 2016:

When visiting Fieldway as a possible home for mum, I just knew it was the right one for her. It felt right and the staff were extremely helpful. When mum moved in it was the smoothest transition, and mum, my sister and I were made to feel very welcome. The staff are very friendly and professional and mum is treated respectfully and with dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 25 Aug 2016:

This home I feel is not providing a good service for the fees they are charging. Residents are not treated with any dignity. Lack of fluids, meals are very poor, cleanliness very poor. Mice seen running around. Complaints not acted on by senior staff. HCS's very cold, does not speak to residents just push and pull. Resident describe the treatment as been treated like a bit of meat. Overall the place is not a safe and caring place not fit for purpose. Most of the staff are leaving, turn over of staff is very poor.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Extremely Unlikely

Activities: Very Poor

Safety / Security: Poor

Rooms: Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jul 2016:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of care at one of our homes. Our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please can you contact our customer services team by emailing feedback@bupa.com or calling 0113 825 9011 so that we can discuss this feedback further?

I have mixed feelings about staff, building, catering and the general ethos of the home. Some staff are/were very good, others seemed not to care much about dignity, feelings of residents. Place seems un-cared for in a serious fashion.
Food is poor and sometimes does not reflect the description on the printed menu.
Management seems at times unresponsive to complaints and comments.
I feel it is too expensive for the care packages on offer.

How likely would you be to recommend Fieldway Care Home? Unlikely

Treated with Dignity: Poor

Staff: Poor

Rooms: Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Fieldway Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The nursing team and care assistants work very hard each shift showing each resident compassion, understanding and empathy. They are kind, considerate and very patient with the residents. There are plenty of choices when it comes to meals and everyone's individual preferences are catered for. Visitors are welcome at any time of night or day and are encouraged to attend events.

Submit a Review for Fieldway Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Fieldway Care Home