Kenbrook, located in Wembley Park, specialises in a range of nursing and older people's care services, all personalised to the needs of the individual and adhering to recognised care sector standards. It prides itself in providing a homely, personalised environment and ensures residents and their families are at the centre of everything as are its core values of dignity and respect. Kenbrook believes in being open and fair as it strives to do the best possible and endeavours to meet its residents needs to enable them to live a fulfilled life in mind, body and spirit.

The aim of carers is to achieve consistently high standards of care without compromising on a friendly environment and making the most of the homely comforts that contribute towards a satisfying daily lifestyle.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Brent Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 51 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Kenbrook: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Kenbrook is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 41 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Kenbrook in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 21 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.799 for Kenbrook is calculated as follows: ( (393 Excellents x 5) + (83 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 483 Ratings = 4.799

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Kenbrook is based on 21 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.2 positive Reviews (51 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 21 Reviews ÷ 10.2 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Kenbrook has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.799) from 41 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Kenbrook?

Reviewer Connection to Kenbrook

My Dad has been at Kenbrook for almost two months and we couldn’t be any happier with the standard of care he is receiving.

His health has improved even in this short space of time. He is clean shaven and well dressed whenever we visit. He always looks so well cared for.

He enjoys the food, which is good and plentiful.

The staff are friendly, welcoming and very helpful. We can already see how fond my Dad is of them.

There is lots of space for my Dad to walk around in, both inside and out, which is very important. There are also many lovely areas for our family to come in and sit with him.

Kenbrook is an excellent home, and we are very happy we were able to find such a great place where our Dad could feel at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Marian O'Hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 13 Apr 2018:

Thank you Jane for your lovely comments re staff, home and the service delivered.

Until her death on 14/3/2018 the care provided by the staff was second to none. My mother enjoyed the many different activities and on many occasions involved her children to participate in the annual fete, bbq's and themed functions. Because of this, the family are committed to assisting in future events at the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Marian O'Hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 09 Apr 2018:

Thank you Carol for this lovely review and for the commitment from the family for the continued support to the home. Together we can make someone's day special.

My mother had been a resident for 10 years until her passing a few days ago. Throughout this period she has been made to feel 'at home' and we the members of our family have been accorded every privilege to make that a reality for us too. The last few months saw the management and staff go well beyond what could have been reasonably expected to make all our lives easier in traumatic circumstances.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Marian O' hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 06 Apr 2018:

Thank you so much for your lovely words, we continue to miss the one in a million "Ma Fay" more than you will ever know.

I was reluctant to place my 98-year-old father in care. However, his admission to Kenbrook House was the best thing to happen to him in his last few months. The warmth to us, the family, and the care he received was second to none.
Thank you to all of the team at Kenbrook.

Mo'hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 05 Apr 2018:

Thank you, Dianna, for this lovely review, your Dad coming to Kenbrook was one of the best things that happened to us too. Your Dad had such a large personality, was so loving and fun he made an impact on each of us daily, we miss everything about him as I am sure all of you do, his laugh and smile and the fond memories of him will remain with all of us for a long time to come. I still hear staff say do you remember when your Dad said ---- Thank you, Dianna, again.

The care my mother received from Kenbrook care home has been nothing less than first-class during her 10 years residency until she passed on the 14th March 2018. Staff have been professional, caring and sensitive to the needs of my mother as well as to the demands of those visiting the home, whether family or friends.
In the latter stages of our mum’s life, it was quite evident that she was in extreme pain and discomfort with her every movement. Indeed this had a profound effect on her quality of life in every aspect and the entire staff team showed due care and diligence to her every need during this difficult period.
On behalf of my family, friends and relatives I would like to thank the entire staff team on the way in which they took care of our mother. I certainly will have no hesitation in recommending Kenbrook Care home to any potential residents in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Marian O' Hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 26 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Michael, for your kind words. I will pass your comments on to the team. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

The staff at Kenbrook have provided excellent care for my mother in law whilst she was in the home for 10 years.
The home is friendly and you can literally visit at ANY time so you always know what is going on and the level of care received.
When taking my mother in law out there was never an issue about the time of return.
The Manager said to treat Kenbrook as your own home.
The social activities are great and everyone is included no matter what their capabilities.
During the last few days of her life, my mother in law was treated with the utmost love and dignity. The Manager looked after her as if it was her own Mum.
In addition, all the family members were treated with kindness and we were provided with space to be together as well as refreshments.
We were allowed time to grieve once she had passed.
That kindness will never be forgotten.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Marian O' Hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 22 Mar 2018:

Dear Sheila, thank you so much for your review of Kenbrook. The staff are so appreciative of your lovely comments. After so many years of being a resident at Kenbrook, we feel such a void in the home now that your Mother in Law is no longer with us. We really miss her and of course, the whole family as you all spent so much time here in your home from home! We sincerely hope you will stay in contact with us here at Kenbrook and thank you once again for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Staff are all very caring, polite and extremely hard working.
I cannot thank them enough for the care and attention that they gave to my Aunt.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

A superb team of staff, magnificently led by the manager. We couldn't have wished for, nor have received such excellent care for our mother, from this group of caring, compassionate and dedicated careers.
We have been delighted with the Care that our mother received over the past 10 years and would recommend Kenbrook very highly to anyone we know. Eternally grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review, Lorna. Your Mother and your family have been such a huge part of Kenbrook daily life for so long, we will miss you all and wish to add that your Mother was a phenomenal woman and was truly blessed with such a loving, caring and dedicated family who brought her so much happiness. We hope your family continues to visit Kenbrook and of course help us with the music at our events!

My Nana was a long-term resident who was cared for very well and died with dignity and love guaranteed by the very committed staff. We cannot say enough about the general immaculate nature of the common areas. About the fact that there were no overpowering smells. That the grounds were always immaculate. That they provided music therapy. That there were fetes and activities for the residents. And, perhaps most significantly, that family was welcomed into.this secure environment - day or night. We will miss these ladies and gentlemen who've become like family to us. Would definitely recommend to other families needing an excellent environment for their loved ones, when remaining in their homes are no longer safe or viable options.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Thank you so much, Michelle, for this review, your kind words inspire us and encourage us all to be the best we can be on a daily basis. We feel all residents should experience dignity and love at all times especially in their final days. It gives our team great pleasure to see families and their loved ones enjoying pleasant times together in an environment that is not a family home but we always like to think that our home is home to the families as well as our residents.

The care my mother received was excellent. All staff were attentive, caring and on top of her needs. They stimulated her and treated her as a person at all times. They also knew what medication to give when, and helped her to die naturally and peacefully. The home is managed well and the nursing staff were exceptionally caring.

Mohara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 27 Feb 2018:

Thank you, Danny, for your feedback, the team at Kenbrook are forever striving to provide a good service for our service users. It is nice to hear that you and your family felt we had achieved this. Your mother only deserved the best, may she now rest in peace.

Went to Kentbrook care home with a friend my god how beautiful this care home is. Absolutely spotless, the manager should be so proud of herself. It's like a hotel, I would rate it 5 stars for sure. All the staff are so helpful, coffee was served. The tables were all ready for the morning for breakfast with white linen tablecloths. I have to say I have been in a few care homes in my time and this is 100% the best I've seen so far. I can see for myself they take pride in all their work.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Marian O' Hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 17 Jan 2018:

Dear Sheila,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about our Nursing Home. We shall feedback your comments to our staff. Thank you once again.

My father has been in two other care homes before Kenbrook, and Kenbrook is so much better than either of them.
I know my father is safe and cared for and he receives stimulation and entertainment.
He has dementia but in the 10 months he has been at Kenbrook we have seen a real improvement in his condition.
When I visit I feel welcome and all the staff greet me.
The manager knows all the residents and their families.
I would highly recommend Kenbrook.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

I consider myself lucky in finding such an excellent nursing home for my husband. The atmosphere is warm and pleasant and all residents are treated with kindness and respect. Nursing care is excellent in every way according to individual needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Marian O' Hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 20 Dec 2017:

Valerie, thank you so much for your lovely comments. Your kindness to all the staff in many different ways since your Husband's admission has been overwhelming. We endeavour to continue to offer the support and care that your Husband needs, we know it has not been an easy decision to place a loved one in a Nursing Home and we feel honoured that you trust us to provide the care your Husband needs.

Our mother went to stay in Kenbrook in June 2016. From the moment she was received there, you were aware that she was cherished.
We cannot express our thanks, for all the love, support and compassion that all the family at Kenbrook gave our mother throughout her stay, and even more so in the final months and days.
A number of members of the staff also attended our mother's funeral and we greatly appreciated their thoughtfulness.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Marian O' Hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 01 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your comments. Cherished she was indeed and one and all miss our little angel! The team at Kenbrook appreciate your continued support to the home and truly feel you are part of the Kenbrook family.

From my first visit to Kenbrook I knew it was the right home for my mum. She has been there almost a year now and this review is well overdue. I have scored 'excellent' in all categories, Kenbrook really is a 'home from home' and my mum settled very quickly. The management and staff are attentive and caring. Nothing is too much trouble. The home is cheerful with lots of activities and staff are intuitive to residents needs. My mum's special diet nursing and spiritual needs are all catered for. This gives great peace of mind to know that she is in such a safe environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your lovely words about our team here at Kenbrook. It is never easy to place a loved one in a care home and we are glad that we meet your expectations. Your comments are even more valued because of your association with the care sector. Your Mother is very easy to care for due to her nature and appreciation for all assistance given. We will endeavour to continue meet all her care needs and please be assured that any care delivered will always be in her best interest. We are all for here you and your family at all times. Thank you once again!

My wife has been a resident at Kenbrook for more than 18 months. My family and I are completely satisfied with the care that she has had and the attention of the nursing and management. It could not be bettered.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Marian O' Hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 17 Nov 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review Kenbrook.
We are so pleased to read your feedback covering all aspects of our service. Your comments are much appreciated and will be fed back to our team. We would like to say that your wife brings much laughter and humour to the home on a daily basis and for this we are grateful! It is a pleasure to support your family through what we understand is an extremely difficult time. We would like to remind you that we are always here for you! Thank you again.

We have been really overwhelmed with the care and thoughtfulness of the staff. Our mother was in the last stages of life and could not have been better cared for. We were also shown such consideration as we sat for hours with our mother. I cannot recommend this home highly enough. Care and compassion: a perfect combination.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Marian O' Hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 09 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to look after your Mother, a woman of substance in every respect! Illness may rob a person of their true being but in your Mother's case, being a lady was very evident throughout her illness and the last stages of her life. Her presence and humanity will be missed by all the staff at Kenbrook and it was an honour and a privilege to have been able to support your Mother in her final days. Your continued support to the home is appreciated by all!

Great service from the nursing staff and carers. My father in law is very ill with a head injury that changed his personality.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Likely

Marian O'Hara, Home Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 16 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your words of kindness and although you may feel that your Father-in-law’s personality has changed we have never known him any other way than how he is now and we all appreciate his humour and his personality as one of our family members.

I think the quality in the levels of care offered at Kenbrook by the manager and her team of nurses and care assistants are exceptional.

My mother has spent the last three-and-a-quarter years there, dying a couple of weeks ago just short of her 100th birthday. The care and attention she received actually increased as she responded less and less. After three years at home with a live-in carer, her dementia had worsened as had her physical frailty. Then she moved to Kenbrook. Certain of the care assistants, in particular, perform well above their grades in terms of conscientiousness and devotion. On the day she died staff were in and out of her room to offer comfort and support both to my mother and to me. What touched me most of all was half a dozen waiting for me to come out of the room in order to give me a hug and a kiss.

Another friend of mine whose mother-in-law spent her last months at Kenbrook remarked that she could not have asked for greater compassion and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

We just wanted to thank you for your lovely words regarding Kenbrook and the team. We would like to say that it has been a pleasure and a privilege to have known your Mother and your family and to have been able to help and support your Mother in her final journey. We are so sorry that she did not make her 100th Birthday and we all genuinely miss her lovely smile every day. Your message will be relayed to all staff members, as to hear such heartfelt words makes their job feel even more rewarding.

From the first time that I visited Kenbrook, I knew that it was the right place for my Mum to spend her final years.

Kenbrook felt very homely and all of the staff were very warm and welcoming. The home was bright and cheerful with lots of photos and examples of recent activities on the walls of the lounges, which were very spacious and overlooked the beautiful gardens.

All of the staff were very kind and very caring and always attentive to my Mum's needs. My Mum settled in straight away and she always seemed content and happy, which was a great relief to me.

My Mum stayed at Kenbrook for nearly two years until she recently passed away. During this time the level of care, she received, was first rate. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and it gave me peace of mind that she was being cared for by such wonderful people in a safe and caring environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Raden Mauremootoo, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 31 Jul 2017:

Dear Ann,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences of Kenbrook.
I am so pleased to hear your feedback covering all aspects of our service. Your comments are much appreciated and will be fed back to the staff team. Thank you again.

Although living some distance from Kenbrook, I visit fairly frequently (more than once every two months), I seldom announce that I will be visiting. I have always found my 'ward' clean, well-dressed in a room which is spotless. I have sat with others in the dining room and on occasion sampled the food. The care is exemplary and has been for many years. The staff are helpful, pleasant and clearly have my 'wards' best interest at heart - even under what are sometimes trying and testing circumstances.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Raden Mauremootoo, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 19 Jun 2017:

Dear Colin,
Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding Kenbrook. I am so glad to hear that you are happy with the cleanliness of the home and the care is exemplary. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared with the team. Thank you again.

The staff at Kenbrook work effectively as a team and also treat each resident as an individual. Relatives and friends are welcomed and feel part of a large family. I cannot recommend this home highly enough - and this is said on the basis of a total six and a half years of care provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 20 Feb 2017:

Thank you, Julia, for sharing such a wonderful review for others to see. I am sure it will be very comforting to those searching for a nursing home for their parents too. I will feed back your wonderful comments to the team and thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

Deborah

We were truly blessed when we went to Kenbrook Nursing home - Not only my dad, who is now a resident there but also the whole family as we all know that dad is totally cared for, looked after and very much loved. All the staff are not only professional and caring but they ALL bring something very special to the place - their smile, their laughter, their kindness, their energy, their individuality, their expert knowledge for caring for the old, with dementia and with very complicated needs. All the staff have each made a special connection with my dad, they each bring their very special personality to the workplace. But it is more of a vocation for each one of them as they give so so much- but "it is fully appreciated" in every way. Kenbrook Nursing home should be the "Governments Model" for all other nursing homes - for what they do so exceptionally well. Caring, Nursing and the Management of the Caring are all not easy jobs. Kenbrook achieves and maintains excellence in all areas !!

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 15 Feb 2017:

Dear Keith

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I know that Kenbrook put their all into achieving a high-quality service and consider themselves one large family and am so pleased to hear this is what you and your dad have experienced too. Your sharing this is really appreciated and I will relay this back to the team, I know it will mean a lot to them.

Deborah

The staff and management at Kenbrook are exceptional. They took excellent care of my wife during her time there of almost 5 years. They looked after me too when I visited my wife every day. They are all kind and compassionate and I felt comfortable being there and so did my wife. They became like family to me and it felt like home. I was able to stay by my wife's side all day and night when she became critical and was there with her when she passed. I am eternally grateful to all of them.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 27 Jan 2017:

Thank you so much to you and the assistance in Patricia in completing this review.

Your words give a sincerity that I am sure will offer great comfort to others looking for a nursing home for their loved one. I will pass this wonderful tribute on to the team at Kenbrook. I am so pleased that, although it is a difficult time for family, you found great comfort and support from the team there.

Deborah

Throughout my mother's stay at Kenbrook, my family and I had complete peace of mind that she was receiving the best possible care. Once my mother had adjusted, she was very happy and comfortable. Her room was full of family photos and things she liked and the staff always made her look beautiful every day, even taking the time to put her on beloved pearls. During the last few months, when my mother took a turn for the worse, the staff were incredibly supportive and compassionate towards us. They ensured that we were always kept up to date of her condition and if she worsened, would call us to let us know, which is what we had requested. When my mother passed away, the management and staff were genuinely saddened and were a great comfort to us. Two of my mother's carers came to her funeral which was very touching. There is no doubt that choosing Kenbrook for my mother was an excellent decision. We are forever grateful to everyone at Kenbrook for taking such wonderful care of her.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 20 Jan 2017:

Dear Andrea

Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful sentiments and appreciation of the team at Kenbrook and the care and support they gave your mother. I will relay this to the team and thank you for taking the time to share this.

Deborah

My mother was a resident at Kenbrook for almost 5 years. From the very first day, my family and I realised how lucky she was to be there. She needed a lot of care, following a second stroke and her need for care gradually increased over her time there until she passed away. The staff and management are superb. They took great care of my mother throughout her time there and also of my elderly father who visited my mother every day. They are kind, patient and understanding. Clearly, many see their work as vocational, as although not an easy job in the slightest, they carry out their work with remarkable empathy. The turnover of staff is minimal and over the years many became like family, especially to my father. The home itself is spotless and my mother was always clean and immaculate when we visited. The lovely garden and family events they hold are an added bonus. It is clear that the residents are very happy. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 18 Jan 2017:

Dear Patricia

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, I agree that Kenbrook provides a home away from home and really care for our residents. I am glad that you and your mother found this and will relay your kind sentiments to the team.

Deborah

Kenbrook provided superb care and excellent nursing support for my mother. She required a high level of care due to her condition and without doubt, they made her last weeks as comfortable as we could have possibly been hoped. No task was too much and all the staff attended her with dedication and love for their job. I can not thank them enough for what they did for my mother over the last weeks of her life.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 23 Dec 2016:

Dear Richard

Thank you so much for your words of thanks, such a wonderful review of the care given to your mother at Kenbrook. I will share these with the team as I know your words of appreciation will mean so much to them. I know how difficult it is to know our loved ones are so unwell they need nursing care and how it is such a relief when you know the staff really do deliver the care with such warmth. I am pleased you could see this and am of course sorry for your loss though.

Best Regards

Deborah

My mother came to Kenbrook in May 2016 needing nursing care for PSP (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy). She had exceptional care until she died on 21st November 2016. The manager and administrator were outstanding and the nurses and carers were ever willing to help. Mum needed total assistance as she was unable to do anything at all for herself but had full cognisance even though she lost her ability of speech. They loved her and gave her spiritual care first by loving her.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 12 Dec 2016:

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review of the care and support shown to your mum at Kenbrook. I know this will be a sad time still for you all and I offer my condolences. You have shown great appreciation for the care and affection shown to your mum by the team, something they strive for and I am sure this review will give some reassurance to others needing this.

Thank you once again.

Deborah

As a family, we have been very impressed with all aspects of the facility at Kenbrook. In particular, we found the staff and management very caring and compassionate - nothing was too much trouble. My cousin was told that Kenbrook was her home and she was part of the family. She was not always the easiest person to deal with but she was always treated with patience and respect, and she referred to her carers as "my lovely carers'. When she passed away suddenly the management and staff were genuinely upset at her passing, and were so kind and understanding as we went about the difficult task of packing up her things and tidying up her affairs. In the two years my cousin was at Kenbrook her health improved with good medical care and good food. Special thanks to the Managers for their wise and kind management and for the warm, family culture they have created. We are so glad we chose Kenbrook!

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Thank you so much for sharing your review of Kenbrook and of the family type care they provided to your cousin. I am sure others will be put at ease to know that great care like this is out there and more importantly that is what you saw and your dear cousin experienced.

I will relay your sentiments to the team, thank you once again.

Deborah

I was immediately impressed when I first visited Kenbrook and was given a detailed tour of the home. Both residents and staff appeared to be happy, and I soon noticed mutual respect between the manager and staff, who regard themselves as the Kenbrook family. Kenbrook has a bright and airy feel, and a variety of activities is
provided for those who would like to join in but with no pressure to do so against their will. In the past two years my sister-in-law, who was mentally alert, made many friends among the staff, overcoming her near blindness by learning to identify their voices. The manager and staff are exceptionally caring so that new residents soon adjust to their new circumstances. I have never doubted my decision to entrust my sister-in-law to their care and now that she has passed away I will miss seeing the friends I too have made at Kenbrook. If only the same could be said of all such establishments.

Keep up the good work and thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 05 Dec 2016:

Dear Angela

Thank you so much for your wonderfully kind words for the care and support given to your sister-in-law at Kenbrook. They are definitely like one big family at the home and you are always welcome to keep in touch and visit. I know there will be a great sadness for your loss, please do come and visit when you feel able.

I will relay your feelings back to the team and this is appreciated by all.

Deborah

The love, care, and compassion my brother-in-law was given at Kenbrook was amazing. We could not have asked for any more from this marvelous home.

Having sadly been diagnosed with terminal cancer he spent the last six weeks of his life at Kenbrook and he described these as the happiest days of his life. He felt both at home and at peace surrounded by people that loved and cared for him.

He passed away peacefully in the comfort of his own room with family and staff present.

We cannot thank the staff and management enough for the support they gave him and our family during this difficult period.

We cannot recommend this home highly enough. Rest assured this is the perfect home for your loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 31 Oct 2016:

Firstly, I am so sorry for your loss. Secondly, thank you so much for not only taking the time to give a review rating for this service but for sharing yours and your brother-in-law's real life experience.

We are so proud of this team and the service they deliver and it is so rewarding to know they have made such a difference to his last days. Best wishes always to all of you. I will share your wonderful words of gratitude with the team.

Deborah

The care staff and management really do care. They all showed lots of love and affection to my Mum who spent her last couple of weeks in Kenbrook 2 years ago.
My Dad, who became terminally ill this year had no hesitation in telling us that he wanted to spend his last days there too.
Most of the staff were familiar to us from Mums time there and were very upset to see Dad so ill now. I knew he was in the most loving hands in the world.
Everyone receives more than what you could hope for in the way of friendship, help, advice, love.....I can't say enough.....I call them Angels.
Obviously, the professional healthcare is excellent and all the emotional care is given to all who enter, not just the residents.
Eternally grateful........

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 12 Oct 2016:

Thank you for this wonderful review, it is heart warming to hear words spoken with such appreciation and affection.

I agree that the team really do care as if each resident were their own family member and this shows throughout their work.

I will share your sentiments with the team and thank you again for taking the time to write this review.

Deborah

Having experienced two care homes previously, I have to say what a Godsend Kenbrook is. I know that my relative is cared for in a thorough, professional, respectful and caring way. Kenbrook has a caring attitude to not just the resident but to their family and friends and on a number of occasions have provided very sensitive and loving care to me as a relative by way of support.
The administration is excellent - always helpful and efficient. My friends genuinely love coming to Kenbrook to visit their friend and the Kenbrook staff too - it is a Win Win - they give and receive joy and affirmation on making a visit. I can't truly express what a precious part Kenbrook is in my life and in that of my relative and friends. Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

Dear Ally

Thank you for sharing this review for Kenbrook. I agree the team there are like an extension of ones own family in the way they care about all. I am so glad to hear you feel this way too and have had such a wonderfully positive experience of the care delivered.

Deborah

My aunt has been in the care of the manager and her team at Kenbrook since July 2013. She has presented the nursing team with complex multiple challenges, that have been handled extremely well. The care and attention of the nursing and care staff have been exemplary; the support of the office and management team have been excellent. On my visits, I have also been gratified to observe caring behaviour towards other residents, which reassures me of the consistency of provision. I would have no hesitation in recommending Kenbrook to anyone else.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 13 Sep 2016:

Dear Andy

I am so glad to hear you are so pleased with the care given to your aunt and the high standard of care you have witnessed. The team do work incredibly hard and are dedicated and I know they will appreciate your kind review. However, we always look for further ways to improve or change so please do let the manager know if there are any favourite interests of the past or present that you would like them to incorporate into activities.

Deborah

The most peaceful home we have come across. Staff are very pleasant and family have peace of mind that Mum and all other residents are being well looked after. Well done Kenbrook, keep up the good work.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 12 Sep 2016:

Thank you for completing this review. It is great to know you feel peace of mind for the care that is delivered to mum and other residents by the Kenbrook team. It is so important to know that our loved ones are safe and well cared for and I am glad you are assured of that, it is what we strive for.

We are always looking for ways to be even better though so please do feel free to speak to the manager if you think of anything that would make that finishing touch for mum, a favourite past hobby to rekindle memories of, a favourite recipe or food from days gone by.

Deborah

Our mum was recently a short-term resident at Kenbrook. We found the staff, without exception, to be professional, kind, warm and friendly. As a family, it was reassuring to know that mum was being so well cared for whilst our dad had a short stay in the hospital. Nothing was too much trouble and whenever we visited mum, we were offered tea and biscuits always served with a smile, and much appreciated. The home is exceptionally clean and bright with lovely gardens. We would highly recommend Kenbrook and all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 08 Sep 2016:

Dear Mary

Thank you so much for completing this review. I am so pleased your mum Mary had such a positive experience and that you found the care delivery as warm, friendly and caring as I do. I agree Kenbrook is a wonderful home and one we are very proud of and will pass on your wonderful sentiments to the team.

Deborah

Our mother joined Kenbrook 2 years ago. She had Alzheimers for 12 years. We have very high praise for this unassuming nursing home. From day one, it was clear the staff go far beyond their paid job. Staff really got to know our mum and all her family. They treated us as a whole family not just an elderly woman with Alzheimers. The home is like a 'home from home' with a very personal, dignified ethos. All the staff no matter what role, tried everything they could to ensure mum was comfortable and continued to eat and drink. Whenever we requested expert input (palliative care , GP) they were considerate and extremely efficient. Standards of personal care (washing/dressing etc) are very high. Her room was always immaculately clean. Mum was always washed, dressed and sitting in the one of the beautiful lounges that look out onto the well tended gardens. Her last days were filled with staff visiting her, prayers and genuine love for our mother. We are indebted to the whole team.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 02 Aug 2016:

Thank you so much for your wonderful heart felt review of the kindness and care given to your mum whilst she was living at Kenbrook. I know they miss your mum too, your mum was a wonderful lady and it was a pleasure to care for her during her final days. I wish you all the best and we will think of you and wish you happy memories during this time of loss.

Deborah Langton

My father had a recent short stay at Kenbrook. It was his final wish to go there. We knew how wonderful all the staff were, there was no decision to be made as my Mother was a resident 2 years ago. Everybody at Kenbrook are angels, no exceptions. Our family are indebted to them all for their professionalism, sensitivity and kindness. They all go far beyond the call of duty and nothing is too much trouble. I remember Dad saying they treated Mum like a queen, well they treated my father like a king. God bless all of them. I would have no hesitation in recommending Kenbrook to anybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 15 Jul 2016:

Dear Paula

I am so pleased that your father got his wish and that you found the support and care at Kenbrook to be so special. I agree this team does go that extra mile to make the residents stay special and attentive and it is great to know that they did this during his final days. I am very sorry for your loss and I know the home will miss your father. Please do keep in touch with us should you wish, I know it may be difficult at this time but you are always welcome to visit.

I thank you for your wonderful sentiments and will share these with the team.

Deborah

Staff, kind, caring, efficient and sympathetic. Cleanliness is excellent. Food is excellent. Activities are good but more needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 26 May 2016:

Dear Frances

I am so pleased that you are happy with the care provided at Kenbrook. I agree that they really do provide an exceptional service and will feed back your comments to the team.

Thank you for taking the time to share this recognition.

Deborah Langton

The care at Kenbrook is nothing less than outstanding, my family and I have been delighted with the support my mother has received. We have been given great piece of mind to know that she is in the very best of hands and we cannot praise the management and staff enough.

When you enter the building at Kenbrook you're immediately greeted with a warm sense of hospitality, from both the staff and the residents cats! The home itself is surrounded by beautiful gardens and the rooms are both spacious and clean. As you walk around you are met with friendly faces and there is always someone readily on hand to offer their help and support.

Most importantly my mother is happy and contented in her new home and has settled in very well- something as a family we felt anxious about. We need not have worried though, as Kenbrook has really gone that extra mile to ensure that all my mothers needs are catered for-we cannot rate the care home highly enough, five stars!

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 23 May 2016:

Dear Maura

Thank you so much for the wonderful recognition you have given to the staff and services provided for your mother at Kenbrook. I agree that the home is particularly welcoming and warm and does give peace of mind to others, I am glad you feel this way.

Thank you for kindly taking the time to share your views, we will pass these kind sentiments back to the team.

Deborah

My mum was a resident of Kenbrook for nearly one year. We never thought we would have to put mum into a home but the severity of her dementia made it unavoidable. It was truly heartbreaking to see her like that but the staff were so wonderful and caring it made it so much easier for all of us. They restored our faith in human nature and went above and beyond to ensure this time was comfortable for her. She unfortunately passed away on the 31st March and in the last week of her life they ensured she passed peacefully. I cannot thank the manager and her staff enough for their care

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 20 May 2016:

Dear Noreen

Thank you for the wonderful review of the way Kenbrook supported your mother. I agree that the staff do provide an exceptional service and I thank you for this wonderful recognition, I will relay this to the team there.

I am sorry for your loss though agreed it is reassuring that our loved ones last days were attended to with loving and caring support as I have witnessed there.

Do take care.