Mornington Hall Care Home

76 Whitta Road, Manor Park, London E12 5DA

Situated in a pleasant residential area of Manor Park, Newham, Mornington Hall is a modern welcoming home offering nursing, residential and dementia care. Palliative care is also available as well as care for those who are looking for a little respite and convalescence.

Set within secure landscaped grounds and close to local transport links Mornington Hall is split into four buildings with most bedrooms providing ensuite facilities and views of the gardens.

At Mornington Hall, all staff are dedicated to providing each Resident with individual and high-quality care. It’s important for residents to feel at home, so it creates a friendly environment with an individually appropriate balance of care and independence.

Enjoying food is an important part of life. The chefs create well-crafted menus made with the freshest ingredients and cater for all dietary requirements. When a new Resident arrives at Mornington Hall, staff discuss their personal preferences and dietary needs with them.

There’s a real sense of community at Mornington Hall. The staff work hard to discover what all the Residents enjoy doing and the social calendar is created to suit those interests. So whether your loved one already has a hobby or would like to take up a new one, there are lots of exciting activities to get involved in.

From themed events decided by residents, picnics in the garden and lunch clubs to pamper days and exercise groups, the care home has got a full social calendar. Everyone is welcome to pop in and join the fun, whether you’re a friend, relative or loved one.

Person in charge: Joanne Robbin-Coker (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Newham Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 120 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, French, Swahili

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mornington Hall Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Mornington Hall Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mornington Hall Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.224 for Mornington Hall Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (85 Excellents x 5) + (133 Goods x 4) + (24 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 245 Ratings = 4.224

The 4.667 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mornington Hall Care Home is based on 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 24 positive Reviews (120 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 16 Reviews ÷ 24 Target = 0.667

8.9 Mornington Hall Care Home has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.891) from 21 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mornington Hall Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Mornington Hall Care Home

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

We are extremely happy with the facilities, staff, food and general running of Haywood House, where our mum has been for 4 months. The open day was really lovely and was enjoyed by residents, family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Mornington Hall Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visited my friend's mother on an open day event. Everybody was extremely friendly. The singer sang some really good old rock and roll songs in a marquee set up in the garden.

Food and beverages were available and it was a very enjoyable afternoon. The residents, family and friends all enjoyed the day. This is my first visit and my overall first impression was good.

How likely would you be to recommend Mornington Hall Care Home? Likely

Our Mum was admitted to Mornington Hall in January 2018. We had a few problems with my mum settling but staff and management were very supportive and worked with s to settle my mum. We are very happy with Haywood House and would not hesitate to recommend to others.

My mother has been here for six months. I must say she is well looked after. Since the new manager has taken over there is a big improvement in the food and activities and more staff on duty.

All staff work hard and make us welcome. We are offered a meal with my mum. Well done to all staff and thank you for helping my mum.

My father had to move from his previous residence as it was unsafe and his needs were not being met. He settled in very quickly with the help of all the staff. I cannot fault his room or care. I was getting distressed seeing my father so upset. Staff kindly reassured me and this, in turn, eased my anxiety. The residents are well looked after and my father, more importantly, seems very happy. My other family members have commented that they feel a sense of calm when they visit, congratulations to all the staff.

My mother is a resident of Cornwell House and I've found (overall) staff, care, cleanliness etc good.

How likely would you be to recommend Mornington Hall Care Home? Likely

The care is ok. The only problem I find is that Mum's clothing is very untidy when trying to find anything. I used to have afternoon tea with Mum, she used to enjoy a cake, this does not happen anymore, is there a reason for this? On one or two occasions I have arrived to find Mum very uncomfortable where she has fallen to one side in her chair. How long before I came she had been like this I dread to imagine.

How likely would you be to recommend Mornington Hall Care Home? Likely

Clare Sheehan, Careline Advisor at Mornington Hall Care Home responded to this review on 27 Apr 2018:

Thank you for the concerns raised. I have been in communication with the Laundry team and advised them to ensure all residents' clothes are correctly labelled so that they can be delivered to the correct room. Key workers have now been assigned to each resident and they will be responsible for putting resident laundry into their drawers and wardrobes and ensure they are tidied. With regards to cakes for afternoon tea, I had a meeting with the Chef Manager and this is going to start with immediate effect. As to you finding your mother in an uncomfortable position, I have discussed this with the Unit Manager and staff to ensure that they pay more attention to detail to ensure resident safety and good quality care is maintained at all times.

As on all visits to Mornington Hall, management, staff and all employees have shown care and support to the frail and retired! To my cousin as from January 2018. Thanking you all.

Today I had the pleasure of taking part in Mornington Halls “Diversity Day” along with my mother and what a day it was. Music, laughter, fun, nice food and now happy memories. The staff who dressed in their national costumes looked amazing and hearing residents and families singing along to the music was wonderful. It was obvious a lot of effort had been put in by all staff and many came along giving up their free time too.
The singer took time to make sure everyone knew what he was going to sing and requested people join in. The uplifting singing from the church choir was very good and everyone was clapping along and joining in this as well.
Although named “Diversity Day” for me it was more a day of unity between residents, staff and their families. A day of true happiness. Thank you, everyone.

I can't fault my mother' care. The one complaint I have is that since new people have taken over we have to wait for the door to be opened, with the other staff we were able to use the door code. I find we wait for a long time to be let in. This is very hard for my brother who is deaf because he doesn't hear the staff answer his ring.

Clare Sheehan, Careline Advisor at Mornington Hall Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your concern raised regarding the door entry code. All our units are key-coded to ensure the safety of our Residents. We are currently experiencing problems with the intercom system and our property services are looking into this and believe that this will be resolved soon. In the meantime, I have informed staff to be vigilant at all times and ensure that the door is opened in a timely manner. I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your understanding in this matter.

When I visit, everyone is very friendly. The place is clean. Comes across as very caring people.

Very good visiting experience. Clean, comfortable sitting area. Friendly, helpful staff, engaged with residents and ourselves.

How likely would you be to recommend Mornington Hall Care Home? Likely

I found Mum's care to be good and kind and some staff really went the extra mile for my mum in her last days.

1 - Food is not flavoursome and contrary to initial assurance, does not take into account individual preferences.
2 - Lack of sufficient activities, especially verbally stimulating.
3 - Occasionally bad odour.
4 - Difficulty in opening entrance door, even after it has been remotely unlocked from office.
5 - Care staff diligent, caring and compassionate.

Clare Sheehan, Care Advisor at Mornington Hall Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2018:

Thank you for all comments which we take extremely seriously. Every effort will be made to improve on all aspects highlighted on the concern raised. We will use your comments to improve on services we provide, whilst ensuring that we provide Residents with good quality care in a safe environment

My father moved to the home is September 2017. All the staff I have met have been lovely to him (and me) and I think he is well taken care of. Nothing is perfect but the staff seem to do their very best and my family are very grateful.

I have been so impressed with the staff here. They treat residents with kindness, dignity and respect.
The activities are varied and fun, including a garden party, performances, church visits and pub lunches. Next is a trip to the seaside.
There is a 'can do' attitude from the staff. They show a warm sense of humour too.
They are also friendly and approachable to residents' families - knowing us by name.
Thank you very much.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Mornington Hall Care Home responded to this review on 08 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I am really pleased that my brother is in Mornington Hall. I have peace of mind that he is being so well looked after and cared for.

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Adviosr at Mornington Hall Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

We need better systems in place. Sometimes tea, sometimes no teas. The food was given but left on the table. Sometimes the residents get mad with not having proper care as staff shortages.

Jayne Duck, Customer Servicies Administrator at Mornington Hall Care Home responded to this review on 29 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

Overall the care is very good, there's a lot of time when residents are put into a chair and left to their own devices, more activities are required to keep them engaged as they will just sit and nap if left to it. My mum has certainly deteriorated since her admission. Don't think all options for menu choices are mentioned residents do not go up to the wall menu so do not know the choice offered.

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Mornington Hall Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our resident's health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

I, personally, am more than satisfied with the service being provided for my mother. She tells me that in reality, this is not the place she would like to be but realising her condition, it would be impossible to be able to stay in her own home safely. She is therefore quite content to be at Mornington Hall where she is being looked after very well.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Mornington Hall Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

My mum likes it there, with very few exceptions she has been treated well and likes the staff. I personally like the set up and the location which is very restful and allows me to take her out to see the interesting garden area.

Submit a Review for Mornington Hall Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mornington Hall Care Home