Carolyne House

Waterstone Road, Charwell St Mary, Grays RM16 4LD

Carolyne House is one of a number of care facilities in the area owned by care provider Runwood Homes, respected for an innovative approach to healthcare for the elderly and people with disabilities.

The property can house up to fifty-two people in total, all of whom enjoy the comfort of en-suite bedrooms, a tasteful lounge and spacious dining areas, together with a secure garden area and convenient parking for visitors.

Extra services available to residents include chiropody and hairdressing, whilst the home also runs a programme of activities and entertainments to ensure users enjoy their time at Carolyne House and receive a wide range of health and fitness benefits.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Grace Tshabangu (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Thurrock Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 52 Service Users

Admission Information: Ages from 50 to 100.

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Carolyne House: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Carolyne House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 32 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Carolyne House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.668 for Carolyne House is calculated as follows: ( (262 Excellents x 5) + (100 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 374 Ratings = 4.668

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Carolyne House is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.4 positive Reviews (52 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 10.4 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Carolyne House has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.668) from 32 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Carolyne House?

Reviewer Connection to Carolyne House

Caring staff and professional.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

The care and kindness my Mum receives is second to none. As a family, we are all agreed this is the best care for our Mum. The cleanliness and kindness mean a lot to us.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

Greeted by desk and staff with a friendly atmosphere, kept appraised regarding every eventuality of resident's care and health. The meals were very good and the room cleaned every day. The residents are well cared for and treated with respect and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

Every time I visit my mother I'm welcomed by the most wonderful staff. She has a lovely room that's always clean and tidy. She is fed very well and always enjoys the meals. Overall she is looked after excellently, so when I leave I know I don't have to worry about her, I know she's in the best possible hands and I wouldn't want her to be anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Carolyne House since July 2017. The staff are so kind and caring they do their utmost to make the time spent there as comfortable as they can. They have activities to join in with if they so wish. They have helped me so much as well. I am so pleased I chose this home to care for my mum as it was a difficult thing to do.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

Our Mum has been a resident for four weeks. During this time the staff have been amazing. They have treated her with the utmost dignity, kindness and professionalism even when displaying challenging behaviour. In fact, many of the problems she had have only begun to be addressed since being in Carolyne House, having previously been ignored by the NHS and Social Services. Making the decision to place a loved one in a Nursing Home is extremely hard, but they have continued to support us and Mum during this transitional period. I believe they deserve a higher rating than good as they are outstanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

Mum had been at Carolyne House for nearly two years and sadly passed away after Dementia got the better of her. We could not have asked for more caring people to look after mum, they truly were like an extended family and made mums last days the best you could ever wish, we will miss them all lots.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

So far, excellent accommodation and service.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Likely

My sister is always treated with kindness and consideration.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Likely

My mother is 101 years and 9 months old and extremely frail and vulnerable. She has been in the home for over 3 years. She has been shown friendship, respect and great care throughout those years and is well cared for and now in receipt of excellent nursing care. She is treated with patience and dignity always. As a family we are thankful that she is ending her days in such a compassionate, skilled and caring environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

The care of my mother cannot be faulted. She is treated with respect and kindness. Also the support of our family from the nurses and carers, keeping us informed at every visit, telephoning us when they think GP needs to see her and after the visit.

Every carer/nurse knows not just mums name but also my name and my sisters, we are not 'just visitors' to the home. We felt we were part of the family of Carolyne House.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

Putting mum into a care home was a hard decision but as soon as we visited and talked to the staff, we knew it was the right place. All staff were very kind and caring and it really helped put my mind at rest knowing mum was safe and well cared for. The rooms are really nice and we decorated the room with lots of mums things to help her feel at home. There is also a garden with I'm sure is lovely in the summer.
Mum moved in just after Christmas but sadly she passed away in March after a short time in the hospital, she only got to spend 3 months at the home but in those months she was happy and that means the world.
Thank you to all the staff, you do an amazing job.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

My uncle has been in Carolyne House for over two years.
He has Parkinson's Disease.
All the staff are friendly and patient and understanding.
When caring, they do all they can to make my uncle comfortable as he is bed ridden.
The home is clean and decorated to a high standard.
I'm kept informed about all of my uncle's care and changes in his condition, doctors visits, medication etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

My mum was in Carolyne House for nearly 2 years, she was always looked after very well with love and compassion. Unfortunately, she passed away in October from a short illness, the dedication of all the staff was outstanding, she was treated with love and dignity on her final days. I will be forever grateful to them.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

Carolyne House is a really lovely care home. It is like having a large extended family. I know when I visit my mum, I will be leaving her in a safe and secure environment with kind and caring people.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

My mother moved into the nursing home in July 2016. She was made welcome and supported to settle in immediately. The management and care staff have been wonderful since day one. I am updated immediately should mum be unwell, not eating, not drinking or just under the weather. I visit mum at various times of the day, days of the week, she is always clean and tidy including her room. The staff are always smiling and have the time to talk to me about mum.
Unfortunately, mum's health has deteriorated, however, the care provided remains top class. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

I found the home better than my expectations, it is clean and decorated to a high standard. All and I mean all the staff are so friendly and helpful. The staff all seem to have a good rapport with the residents. Unfortunately, my mother is bed ridden so I cannot comment on any activities. The staff keep me informed about everything about my mother's care. The food always looks nice as it is home cooked. I would recommend this home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

My Dad has been at Carolyne House since early August 2016. He has Parkinson's and dementia, plus some other medical problems.
All the staff I have met are friendly and are patient and understanding when caring for Dad. As I don't live locally I am kept informed of any changes in Dads condition, doctors visits etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

My son visits me most days and he has regular contact with management and staff. The formal review is very quick and they are able to discuss any areas of my care whenever he is visiting. Management are always available to discuss things and are very approachable. We are all very happy with my care at Carolyne House.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

On behalf of my husband, who is unable to write, the following feedback is his opinion.
The home was very clean and fresh smelling. His room for respite was clean and enough room, also a comfortable chair. TV was placed on the wall after a few days, which was easier to watch from chair and bed. Carers were very friendly, polite and asking questions related to his personal care/wishes. A good atmosphere and cared for well.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

The care and understanding my wife receives in this care home is second to none. The staff are very friendly and do their jobs superbly.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

Staff and management communication is very good. Care is excellent with a friendly atmosphere. Nursing is excellent and attention to requirements is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

As the reviewer me and my husband was asked if we had any problems/questions. The problems at the time of the review was my mother in settling down into nursing home routine. (i.e. personal care and mealtimes) Also with regards to mum's medication this was discussed and we were given the options that were available. We are very satisfied with the care that mum has been receiving and we felt that all our questions and concerns were dealt with in a friendly and reassuring way. All staff are very friendly always helpful, cheerful and positive and we think that this has helped mum adjust to life at Carolyne House.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

My dad was taken to Carolyne House in May, his care is very good and the staff are very friendly and caring. My dad seems happy. I looked at a lot of nursing homes in the local area and this was by far the best one.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Carolyne House for 6 years and is very well looked after. The staff are very caring and supportive.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

The girls and boys have been brilliant from the moment my mum has been there.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

Very informative and helpful. All suggestions made by myself have been implemented for trial. They always do their best to make my dad comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

Mum has been at Carolyne House for seven years and in this time she has always been treated with kindness and respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Likely

My mother has been at Carolyne House for 4 weeks now, in this time the care and support for both my mother and us as a family has been excellent. The managers, nurses and all the staff have been so helpful, kind and caring. We have been kept up to date on my mothers condition regularly. I am so pleased that we chose Carolyne House nursing home for my mothers end of life care.

Very Good.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with my mum's care she is well looked after and all the staff are caring and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Carolyne House? Extremely Likely

Since being in Carolyne House my mums health and general demeanor have changed beyond mine and my brothers belief. All for the better. She is happier, more communicative and eats well. The carers and staff are all very polite and attend to mums needs extremely well. In fact she said to me this morning she has never felt so clean! I would recommend this home very highly.

Submit a Review for Carolyne House

Recipient: Runwood Homes Ltd

Recipient: Runwood Homes Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Carolyne House