Wilton Manor Care Home

Wilton Avenue, Southampton SO15 2HA

Staff at Wilton Manor provides care for people over the age of 50 who are living with dementia. Care and support can be offered for those who have challenging behaviour and the home has many facilities to help residents feel at home.

The home is completely accessible both inside and out, with a lift inside the home and wheelchair friendly paths throughout the garden. This purpose built facility has attractive bedrooms, all en-suite, and a 24-hour call system so that residents can live with confidence and reassurance that they are safe.

Wilton Manor’s chef is determined to meet all tastes and nutritional needs, reflected in the healthy and varied menu on offer.

Group activities are enjoyed by residents such as flower arranging and arts and crafts as well as regular visits from Pets as Therapy dogs. Individuals are encouraged by the home’s activity coordinator to pursue their own hobbies and interests.

Person in charge: Monika Zytowiecka (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Southampton City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 69 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Czech, French, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Wilton Manor Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Wilton Manor Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 29 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Wilton Manor Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.618 for Wilton Manor Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (229 Excellents x 5) + (94 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 340 Ratings = 4.618

The 4.87 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Wilton Manor Care Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.8 positive Reviews (69 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 13.8 Target = 0.870

9.5 Wilton Manor Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.488) from 29 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Wilton Manor Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Wilton Manor Care Home

Lovely, lovely care home with wonderful staff. My father was a resident from November 2017 until March 2018 when he sadly passed away (dementia and cancer). We made the right choice with Wilton Manor, and it is a tough decision to make for a loved one, but I never had any concerns whatsoever regarding the care and attention my father received from staff, they were all wonderful with him. He was treated with kindness and dignity and I would thoroughly recommend Wilton Manor without any reservations. Thank you for looking after my father so well.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Service Adviser at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 18 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review and I'm pleased to hear that you were happy with Wilton Manor and the wonderful staff there.

My husband was resident at Wilton Manor for eight months until his death on 11 March 2018. During his stay, most members of staff went out of their way to be kind and helpful, to his family as well as my husband. There were some little niggles, mainly about the meals - menu not describing what was actually served and presentation not always good. However, in his last weeks, the care could not be faulted. Carers and management did everything they could for my husband and our family. We are very grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review and kind words about Wilton Manor and the care staff there.

My mother presents the staff at Wilton Manor with many challenges on a daily basis. However, she is always shown kindness and is kept clean and smart. Staff have frequently gone "above and beyond" to support both my mother and her husband who visits frequently.
The staff are happy to respond to requests from the family regarding my mother's care.
The family are promptly informed about any aspects of my mother's health.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

So pleased I found this welcoming home.
My mother has been living quite happily in her care home for 3 years now.
I have always been pleased with her personal care and the kindness shown by staff.
She has recently transferred to another area of the home which meets her needs, as suggested by the staff, and where she has the help now required.
I am very happy with her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 27 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words. I'm so pleased to hear that your mother is happy. It must give you peace of mind knowing that she is safe and well cared for in our care.

All the staff are very friendly and do their very best to look after their residents. I have no worries that my dad is being looked after.
I can see that he is well fed, his skin and hygiene are much better, his clothes are clean and he is having all his medication.
My only wish would be that perhaps you could have someone who could sit and talk to those residents that want to talk about anything.
Just try to keep people talking and showing an interest in what that person likes or dislikes. I appreciate every resident is different but perhaps just a person that could do this would/may improve your residents' quality of life even more.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 21 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home.

Good home, staff are brilliant and always try their best for residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

As I can't be at home this arrangement is satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 14 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home.

The care home which my mother has been in for 4 years was closed very suddenly before Christmas 2017. We were devastated but my goodness, we have been so blessed with having found Wilton Manor via the social worker. The manager and staff are just wonderful and my mother settled in so well and is very happy. We love visiting her and also enjoy talking to the staff who are delightful. Recommended to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 05 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear that your mother is happy and settled in our care, this must give you such peace of mind.

All members of staff are friendly and caring. They treat everyone with respect and kindness. I feel confident my husband is getting the best care. Everyone has given me support and help. The management team are supportive and I think highly of all of them, they have helped me through a very stressful time.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 02 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review. I know that it is a very stressful time when you have to make the decision put a loved one into care. I hope that you have now got peace of mind knowing that your husband is well cared for.

My mother who is in late stage dementia recently spent 2-weeks respite care at Bupa Wilton Manor Care Home. As a family we were all very, very impressed with the manager and her staff's professionalism and care whilst she was there. The bedrooms and communal spaces were all tastefully decorated, clean and welcoming. The staff were friendly, accommodating and very caring. Mum really enjoyed her time at Wilton Manor and in many ways thrived in the stimulating and safe environment. We will have no hesitation in using Wilton Manor again for both respite and full-time care when the time comes comforted in the knowledge that she will be safe and happy getting the specialist 24-hr care that she needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 07 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your mum enjoyed her stay with us and that she will hopefully come and stay with us again sometime.

My husband lives at Wilton Manor which is now like a second home to me. Staff are excellent and very caring. Me, our family and friends always feel welcomed at the home and the home manager and her deputy are always there to help. When you walk into the home you feel the positive energy and it doesn't feel like a care home it feels like home.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 18 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to know that you also look up on the home as your home too. It is the little things like a smile that make all the difference.

Although my spouse is on the nursing floor, she is still often quite lively and looks for stimulation. She would benefit from closer integration with more able residents.
Financially, we feel that the care home system needs reviewing with respect to the relative costs of corporation and private funding

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

I have found that my husband is treated kindly and he is clean and as far as I can tell, happy. His room has recently been changed so that it is no longer like a hospital. The staff treat residents very considerately and are friendly. However, there is not enough staff. Mealtimes can be a very unsettling experience and the situation needs to be addressed. Too many people need assistance, too much food is offered, demanding and disruptive people at the same table. It is not possible to make a "family" situation, a carer sitting with a group and being responsible for them.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 04 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing are our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My husband has been in Wilton Manor Care Home for 2 and a half years. His care is excellent and all members of staff are so helpful and considerate, not only to my husband but to his family. Nothing is too much trouble, I sit with my husband amongst other residents and all staff treat them with the same compassion, kindness and patience.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie, National Development Manager at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 24 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I have no doubt that my relative is extremely well looked after, her every need is catered for. The home is light and airy and the reception area is very welcoming as are the staff. A huge effort is put into organising a varied range of activities with something to suit every resident. The nurturing staff are excellent and although very busy will do their utmost to answer and allay any concerns. It is important to be confident that your loved one is safe and happy and Wilton Manor Care Home is all about ensuring that this is the case.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife has been in a care home for over 4 years and I have never had cause for concern. The staff are excellent in their duties.
I would and have recommended Wilton Manor to friends and family.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Tom Meyer, Customer Service Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 20 Mar 2017:

Thankful for your feedback regarding Wilton Manor. We're very glad that we have been able to consistently provide a high quality of care.

My father has been a resident at Wilton Manor for the last 2 1/2 years. I find the staff very caring and helpful both to myself and my father. The home is clean and well maintained. The food is lovely and well portioned. The staff keep me well informed of my father's health and contact me promptly if there is anything to report. My father is very happy and settled and always speaks highly of where he is. Even with his dementia he still takes notice of the level of care he receives and has no complaints.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review of Wilton Manor, we're very glad that your father speaks highly of us and that we're able to provide quality care in a well-maintained home.

I looked at 23 care homes for my mum and Wilton Manor was by far the best I saw. Mum has a lovely room and because each floor is self contained, she can go wherever she likes or stay in her room if she feels like it. The staff are fantastic and have helped Mum to settle in. The food is good too. Mum keeps saying how much she likes the place and seems very relaxed, she's already making friends with some of the other residents. I really cannot find any fault with the place or the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 08 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My Father was moved to this dementia home from a normal nursing home. The difference to his quality of life was immediate, he could not have been treated with more care, respect and dignity. The staff deal with each individual in a most appropriate way and his behaviour changed completely from being very agitated, depressed and angry to being calm, settled and as happy as a person with dementia could hope for. I cannot find the words to thank the staff enough, dementia is so cruel and affects families as well as the sufferer. They changed my Fathers life, moreover they also changed ours too. Whenever we turn up he is clean, well fed and calm. Most important of all he is absolutely safe and no longer lonely. He has a lovely relationship with the staff and it is wonderful to see him laugh again.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 29 Apr 2016:

This is an excellent nursing home where residents are treated with dignity and respect. Relatives are notified at once of any change in medication, illness or circumstances in the home. There are regular meetings to discuss any problems, forthcoming events, changes at the home. I have complete confidence in the manager/care staff and nurses, who are knowledgeable and address issues with care and compassion.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

I have found the care home staff very caring and professional in the way they cared for my friend whilst staying in Wilton Manor care home. He was treated with the upmost respect considering his illness although he did not show his appreciation owing to his dementia. I know he liked the staff and all their efforts to keep him comfortable, until he passed away.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review. We offer our condolences and are pleased to hear your friend was comfortable with us until he passsed away. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

Excellent home. The staff are superb, very caring and treat people with respect and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mother was treated with extreme dignity for the last months of her life. Her care from everybody was exemplary. We were extremely pleased with everything to do with Wilton Manor. Every member of staff couldn't do enough. It really is a lovely place where you can tell the staff love what they do and don't see it as a job.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and your kind comments, we will share your comments with the home’s manager. Also please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I am so pleased with the attention, love and care shown to my mother. She is happy and content and the staff are always pleased to help and always make me feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very good. Pleased with the staff. The food is good and mum enjoys the singing.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Lovely care home, caring staff. Best nursing home my mum has lived in. Would recommend Wilton Manor Care Home to anybody who needed to use this facility.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Wilton Manor Care Home responded to this review on 28 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

1.   Had a few issues with clothing at the beginning but now resolved.
2.   Rooms always tidy and clean.
3.   Mum always tidy.
4.   Informed of hospital appt.
5.   Food looks very good.
6.   Staff always friendly and polite.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

We are pleased with the care my mother gets, she is always presented well and looks clean and tidy. Although she is confused a lot of the time she seems relaxed and generally happy. The staff have always got time for both residents and visitors, making sure all are happy with care etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Wilton Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit my wife each day although she is quite a handful at times the care is very good. The food with a little help is very good indeed. If I get a problem the management get the matter right very quickly. I am happy that my wife is looked after at Wilton Manor which has given me great confidence and contentment.

Submit a Review for Wilton Manor Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

Monika

Monika Zytowiecka

Joined: 2017

I am the Registered Manager of a beautiful nursing home in Southampton, Wilton Manor.

I started my career in care in 2005 as a care assistant, caring for others inspired me to progress my career in to management role. I have Diploma Level 5 in Health and Social Care for Adults and several years of experience of managing successful care homes. I am therefore excited to be bringing a wealth of experience to my role in Bupa.

I’m so proud to be the leader of a successful team at Wilton Manor Care Home where everyone puts their heart and soul into everything they do in their day-to-day duties, making a real difference to the lives of people we serve. We all share the common goal of putting our residents first and making their time with us the best it can be.

Sarah

Sarah Roper

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2011

I am the Deputy Manager at Wilton Manor. I have worked for Bupa for six years since graduating from the University Of Surrey in Adult Nursing.

I have spent my qualified years in Dementia Care and I am a Dementia First Coach working with the Bupa Admiral Nurse team to ensure happier, healthier, longer lives for our residents.

I am proud to be the Clinical Lead for Wilton Manor working with highly skilled nursing and care staff.

Julie

Julie Janaway

Job Title: Home Administrator

Joined: 1998

I am the Home Administrator at Wilton Manor and I have twenty-five years experience in care and nursing homes where for the last nineteen years I have worked at Wilton Manor.

I hold an OND in Business Studies and a Private Secretary certificate.

I will be more than happy to show you around the home when you first come to visit, where we will sit together going through all your queries and questions to help you make the right decision for you and your loved one.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wilton Manor Care Home