Brunswick Court Care Home, Watford, Hertfordshire

Brunswick Court provides support to older people with frailties, welcoming both long and short-term stays, and offering convalescence, palliative, nursing and respite care.

Benefitting from refurbishment, purpose-built Brunswick Court has four comfortable lounges that ideal for socialising, relaxing or welcoming visitors. Bedrooms are en-suite, include televisions and call systems and boast scenic views.

The chef takes a personal approach to diet, and meals are catered to individual tastes. There are always cold snacks and alternatives available throughout the day.

Having its own activities room allows Brunswick Court to support a wide range of hobbies and interests, including exercise classes and piano recitals. Themed events are organised every month and entertainers visit regularly.

Person in charge: Emma Parker (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 91 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Bulgarian, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Brunswick Court Care Home: click here

9.1 Brunswick Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.127)

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Brunswick Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Brunswick Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.578 for Brunswick Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (70 Excellents x 5) + (43 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 116 Ratings = 4.578

The 4.549 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Brunswick Court Care Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 18.2 positive Reviews (91 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 18.2 Target = 0.549

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Brunswick Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Brunswick Court Care Home

• Mother of Resident/Service User

I moved from South Wales (where I had been in hospital for seven weeks after a fall at my home) to Brunswick Court in June 2017.
I have settled into my new surroundings and am happy here.
I feel safe and secure having help twenty-four hours a day.
My daughter lives twenty-five minutes away and visits me daily.

How likely would you be to recommend Brunswick Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Brunswick Court Care Home responded to this review on 31 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you are settled and happy in our care. It is lovely to hear that your daughter can visit you everyday also.

When I arrived in the middle of March 2017, I was unable to get out of bed without any assistance. I was unable to walk, wash myself and I could hardly eat. However gradually, with the help and support of the staff, each week I gradually improved.

Now, I am able to do the following: get out bed, wash and dress myself, walk unaided up to 250 metres, eat normally, conduct a near normal life.

I thoroughly recommend this care home.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Brunswick Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear that you have made such an improvement in your health and I hope that this continues for you.

My husband has been in the care home for nearly on year. He is treated with respect and the staff are friendly and caring. He is unable to eat after 3 strokes and is fed by "peg". Unfortunately, he, on many occasions, spills his food over the carpets in his room and the home cleans his room so beautifully. I am so happy that we are able for him to obtain a place in this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Brunswick Court Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Brunswick Court Care Home responded to this review on 06 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to know that you feel so happy and that you know that your husband is cared for so well this must give you such peace of mind.

I came here straight from hospital I was met at the door and made welcome by a staff member, given lunch and any help I needed. This is my home now and I look on the staff as my family and I get on well with all of them.

Thank you for your review. It is so lovely to hear that you feel at home and look on the staff as family I hope you have lots of happy times with us and make new friends.

Since being here, I have been well looked after, the staff are very supportive and friendly. I feel safe and have no worries and am able to relax and enjoy my time here.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Brunswick Court Care Home responded to this review on 28 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is great to know that you feel safe and well looked after and that you are enjoying your time with us.

Previously cared for at home live in carers, my daughter was badly neglected before coming to Brunswick Court. Just before whilst at home too neglected even her practitioner refused to visit her, ambulance while I was at her home, that night at hospital Dr phoned me from resuscitation ward to ask my permission to do or not resuscitate should my daughter have a heart attack. On arrival to hospital she was found to have a collapsed lung, had pneumonia and the collapsed lung was fully white. Since coming to Brunswick Court she has been in heaven, my daughter has the best care here.

Thank you for your review. So glad that your daughter is happy and that she is now getting the best care. This I hope will give you peace of mind knowing that she is cared for.

I am a resident at Brunswick Court and I am very pleased with the service, staff and the clean state of the place.
I would highly recommend this place to anybody, I really cannot find any faults at all.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Brunswick Court Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you feel like this about our home and that you are happy.

I have been a resident at the above care home for 4 years. All the staff are kind, caring and respectful and many a laugh is heard in the corridors. All rooms are en-suite, with TV and armchairs and a few personal possessions, it becomes your home. We have a large, vibrant activity room with designated staff, games are encouraged and singers, entertainers and children's groups visit and all residents are encouraged to attend if only for tea, biscuits and conversation. All personal laundry is washed daily free. We have a resident hairdresser and hand and foot therapy but there is a charge. The aspects of the home at the front face and road traffic and people passing keeps you connected to the world. The back has a sun terrace and trees people enjoy through the summer - I am happy!

Jayne Duck, Customer services Administrator at Brunswick Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy in our care and that you feel that it has become your home, and that there is lots for you to enjoy.

My mother was in Brunswick Court for nearly a year on the ground floor, the staff were very amazing, caring and looked after my mother very well. The deputy home manager is a godsend, passionate about what she does. The home is amazing.

Simone Berkeley, Customer Services Advisor at Brunswick Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and service provided and it's amazing to hear the feedback about staff. We appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team

From the moment we arrived, the staff at Brunswick Court took the time to introduce themselves and to make my mother welcomed. All staff are courteous and to our delight, the chef regularly checks on catering requirements. Throughout the four weeks we have known the home cleanliness has been perfect, staff always have the time to discuss and share thoughts. It is a great reassurance to leave my mother in such a well cared for safe environment. Thank you.

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Brunswick Court Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are delighted to hear about your relative's short stay with us and the service being to your standards and requirements, we appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Submit a Review for Brunswick Court Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brunswick Court Care Home