Priory Mews Care Home

Watling Street, Dartford DA2 6EG

Located in historic Dartford, Priory Mews is a friendly purpose-built care home, offering nursing, residential dementia and nursing dementia care.

Priory Mews consists of five separate houses each offering a high standard of care. Stylishly decorated throughout and with landscaped gardens, each home has a comfortable lounge and dining room where residents can socialise and entertain guests if they wish. All bedrooms provide single accommodation and include a 24-hour call system and some offer views of the surrounding gardens.

Good quality ingredients are used to create a wide selection of tasty meals and all tastes and diets can be catered for. The menus also reflect traditional days and events throughout the year, from Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) to Mothering Sunday and Christmas.

An activity co-ordinator organises a full range of activities, from music and movement sessions to quizzes and bingo. Visits from local entertainers and trips out to local community and charity events ensure that residents are never short of things to do.

Person in charge: Deborah Lane (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 156 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Italian, Dutch, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Priory Mews Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Priory Mews Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 28 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Priory Mews Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 21 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.401 for Priory Mews Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (157 Excellents x 5) + (152 Goods x 4) + (22 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 332 Ratings = 4.401

The 4.673 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Priory Mews Care Home is based on 21 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 31.2 positive Reviews (156 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 21 Reviews ÷ 31.2 Target = 0.673

9.1 Priory Mews Care Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.074) from 28 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Priory Mews Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Priory Mews Care Home

• Partner of Resident/Service User
  • Nephew of Resident/Service User

Staff are very friendly, helpful and kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Likely

My Mother is very happy and settled in the home. She is always clean, tidy and well kept. The staff are all very friendly and work extremely hard. We are always made welcome when we visit. My Father is 90 years old and he is always treated with care.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum has been here from July 2017. She is very happy and settled. The staff are very good and helpful. They always make us welcome on our visits and keep me informed about Mum and her needs. Many thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since my aunt has been in Priory News she has settled in very well. I can only put it down to the kindness and help received from the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting the care home around 7 years now, they looked after my mum until she passed away and my dad is still in Cressenor House. I have always found the staff to be very attentive, polite and friendly. They always find the time to talk to me, make me feel welcome. They have looked after both my parents very well.
The place is always clean and tidy, the staff are smart. I can't fault the home at all.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident of the residential dementia unit at Priory Mews for 4 years. In that time she has been treated with respect and dignity at all times by the caring staff. At times my mother can be difficult but the staff understand her and her moods and they cope admirably.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Helpful and caring staff and very friendly. Food looks appetising and nutritious. Clean room and regular refreshments. Staff take time to sit with residents. In the short time my sister has been here (9 days) I have been impressed with the care provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been a resident here for 4 years. We are always very happy with the care and attention mum receives here. She is always happy or sleepy and the staff know her very well and understand her needs. Continuity of staff is very important to Mum and us and we all appreciate familiar faces and good personal knowledge.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

I the three years that I have been a resident I have nothing but praise for the medical attention that I have received and the good work of the carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

The biggest positives are the staff who are mostly fantastic. The only criticism is the constant moving of staff from one house to another. The rapport with patients is important and this is being broken with the moving of staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Clare Sheehan, Care Advisor at Priory Mews Care Home responded to this review on 13 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your comments, which will always assist us to improve our services to our residents and families. We are always trying to retain staff to allocated houses, however, to accommodate recruitment and training we do have to consider the skill mix on each house on a regular basis. On occasion, therefore, we need to move staff to meet our Resident’s needs, which enables us to increase and enhance our staff's knowledge and experience. In relation to your comment regarding the food, we place a high value on nutritional quality and meal enjoyment for our Residents. We are sorry you felt the food and drink had fallen below our expected standard. Our catering and care staff are receiving new training from the HC-One Hotel Services team, regarding improved specialist diet presentation, to improve all our Residents meal-time experience.

My review is all is well with my brother in law and I am very happy with the care she gets. She seems very settled and when we come to visit is very happy.
She is always talkative and well groomed and is eating well. So overall I am very happy with her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Priory Mews take great care in all areas they undertake for the residents. This as far as I'm concerned makes me feel at ease. Keep up the good work.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

As always, Marchall Unity is clean and bright, most times the floors are being hoovered and cleaned. Residents are comfortable in the day room and staff are there to look after them. At meal times, food is served and residents that are unable to feed themselves are fed by staff. I am always happy to see the personal care residents receive. All in all, very good!

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum was looked after very well for 18 months. As I live abroad it was important for me to know that she was safe, happy and surrounded by competent and caring staff. The activities programme was varied and well adapted to the residents' needs, whether in groups or by individual attention. Communication was usually good although hampered by the fact that staff could not phone abroad. Messages had to be sent via my daughter. Food was well planned, balanced but didn't always look very appetizing. The staff were always welcoming to family members. They gave me excellent support, especially in Mum's final days. There was a very family feeling about the unit. My thanks and gratitude to all concerned

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Likely

Clare Sheehan, Care Advisor at Priory Mews Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your comments. Our previous telephone systems did not allow for overseas calls from houses, only from the reception area. This system was updated late last year so I have confirmed with staff that moving forward they would be able to contact Resident’s relatives abroad. We place a high value on nutritional quality and meal enjoyment for our Residents and apologise if you felt the food presentation had fallen below our expected standard. Since being taken over by HC-One our catering and care staff are receiving new training from HC-One Hotel Services team, so as to improve all our Resident’s meal-time experiences.

I cannot say how pleased we are as a family with the care and love that Mum receives at the home. I visit regularly and witness first hand the effort and genuine desire on behalf of the carers to ensure all the residents are made to feel comfortable and safe within the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff in Priory Mews Care Home are fantastic with our relative who is currently quite poorly. Not only have they shown care for him, they have also supported us while they continue to care and support their other duties. We most certainly chose the right care home and have told others how good the service at the home is.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

A very well run operation provides a real in my opinion family feel towards the care of my mother. Varied menu, plus specific catering if requested. Full activity programme.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Good care and fantastic staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Likely

Although my mum was only here for a very brief time, before she passed away, the care she received was first class. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They were all attentive and extremely kind to us and mum and ensured her final weeks were comfortable and as pleasant as they could be, under the unfortunate circumstances.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was looked after very well. Staff were very kind and friendly. They got to know me and were always there for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Priory Mews Care Home responded to this review on 24 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were well looked after. I hope that you come and stay with us again for some respite care.

This care home has a strong ethos in putting the resident first. The carers and nurses are very caring, helpful and hard working.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Priory Mews Care Home responded to this review on 26 May 2017:

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mother has been a resident at Priory Mews Care Home for over 8 years as an advanced dementia sufferer and my father was admitted in March 2016 as a palliative care resident and sadly passed away at the end of March.

Both of my parents have received excellent care at Priory Mews Care Home. The staff, nurses and carers are friendly, professional and most of all, caring, not just to their guests and patients but also to the relatives and visitors. They are extremely sensitive to your situation and take great care to help the residents and visitors feel at home and welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Priory Mews Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Good care offered and staff friendly and approachable. Sometimes difficult to keep track of personal possessions which are difficult to label e.g. spectacles, walking sticks. Possibly drinks could be available more frequently. The resident is very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Likely

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the unit is kept very clean and tidy. I don't worry about my mum because we know she is cared for as it is home from home to her. As far as I can tell owing to her dementia she seems very happy in herself.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Priory Mews Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review, We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Sadly my wife had to be admitted to the care home in January 2016 as I could not continue to look after her at home following her diagnosis of cancer.
The staff were brilliant with her and did all they could for her and me whenever I visited. Nothing was too much trouble. They were all kind and gentle and made things a little easier for me at such a sad time.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Priory Mews Care Home responded to this review on 28 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mum was admitted to the home in January 2016. The staff were amazing, caring and happy to do anything that was needed for her. She always told me that she was well looked after and loved. Sadly she passed away on 28th February, however she could not have had better care and attention in her last few weeks of life. Thank you to the fantastic staff of Priory Mews Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Services Administrator at Priory Mews Care Home responded to this review on 22 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate you views of our home and will share your comments with the home manager. Also please accept our Condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

As a dementia unit I can stay the standard and the staff are very caring and hard working towards residents, sometimes there may be difficult situations with residents, but the staff support and care is marvelous. The residents are individuals and may need different approach towards them, some residents are restless, agitated, also they do not know what they are doing or know their surroundings, as an example, my husband has settled quickly at the dementia unit, he is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My partner is treated well and in a professional manner as I would wish, she is fed well and her washing and dressing are done adequately. I have no complaints about the home or the service they provided.

Submit a Review for Priory Mews Care Home

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Priory Mews Care Home