Melford Court Care Home, Sudbury, Suffolk

Melford Court provides nursing care and is conveniently located near to the historic wool town of Long Melford.

Staff at the home pride themselves in the delivery of nursing care and residents in their care can choose between three levels of suite in the Grade II listed home. All suites provide generous living space and quality furnishings and residents can enjoy a private phone line, TV and access to communal facilities. Each suite can be personalised, allowing residents to turn their suite into their home.

Group: Stow Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Fiona Smith (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 52 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £895 – £1245 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £895 – £895 Nursing Care Single £895 – £1245 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £895 – £895 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Melford Court Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Melford Cout is located centrally on Hall Street, which is the main high street running through the historic wool town of Long Melford.

Visitors welcome at Melford Court 24 hours a day.

Free parking is provided on site. In addition, free on street parking is available in Long Melford.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Melford Court Care Home: click here

posted 05 Feb 2018

A limited number of single and companion rooms available with en-suite facilities.

8.4 Melford Court Care Home has a Review Score of 8.4 (8.360)

The Review Score of 8.4 (maximum of 10) for Melford Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Melford Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.1 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.225 for Melford Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (53 Excellents x 5) + (79 Goods x 4) + (19 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 151 Ratings = 4.225

The 4.135 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Melford Court Care Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 10.4 positive Reviews (52 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 10.4 Target = 0.385

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Melford Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Melford Court Care Home

My mother in law arrived at Melford Court in October 2017 after spending 4 months in a care home in Hertfordshire. She had lost a tremendous amount of weight and looked quite dishevelled. Within a few days at Melford Court, she was eating, she looked smart, she was clean and she was taking interest in everything that was going on around her.

The staff made her feel human again and not just an old person who needed looking after. The staff included mum into all the activities at the home and would take her for walks along the high street which she loved. We are so thankful to Melford Court for their care and love they give to all their residents who live at the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care at Melford Court for my mum with end of life care was excellent. The staff - Medical, Admin and Care was excellent.
Before going there I was concerned like many family members are that my mum was going to get the best care. I wasn't disappointed.
The Nursing home was clean, in good order and had freshly prepared food every day. I can't thank the team enough for their support.
Thank you to one and all at Melford Court.

Activities: Don't Know

My 96-year-old father became a resident here in July 2017. He is not an easy man, having had a life long history of being sometimes difficult and sometimes unpleasant.

This remarkable nursing home, management and all staff have made him so welcome. They have treated him with the utmost respect, tact and sheer professionalism. I cannot praise all the wonderful staff too highly.

Special praise to a certain RGN - a quiet, yet highly professional nurse. With correct medication, care plan, activities, they have transformed my life and my father's. He is kept clean and cared for and is eating again, despite difficult circumstances.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have nothing but praise for my mothers care home. Although my mother has been reluctant to give up her independence, the home has done everything possible to help her settle in. The staff are always helpful and cheery to both residents and visitors and any shortcomings are listened to and actioned.
My sister and I have seen other care homes for relatives and this is by far the best in terms of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since the deputy manager took over she has been promoting getting my brother out of his bed and into the garden. The staff are always very good to me and greet me with a smile.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Melford Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I am very happy with the care that my brother receives and I am always welcomed with a friendly smile when we enter the building and I am always asked how I am which is very nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I try to visit the home twice a month. My relative is bedbound so doesn't leave his room. The staff are friendly and my relative is in good spirits. He has no complaints and I have never had any cause to complain. I am kept up to date with his health and they have contacted me in an emergency. I know he is in good hands and I have no worries about leaving him there.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Melford Court Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jun 2016:

After a difficult start it has been a steady improvement.
My Aunt was placed here against our initial advice but the dedicated and evolving staff has provided great care and has listened to criticism and made the right judgements.
The vocation-able girls (and boys) have been kept and have made a tremendous improvement on the quality of my aunt's last few months. Sadly she passed away today but I give my heart felt thanks to all involved with her EOL care.
A special thanks to the staff who went above and beyond. I wish them all the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Melford Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Also please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I visit a very good friend on a very regular basis. The staff are kind and polite and do a very good job in sometimes difficult circumstances. The food is of a good standard but probably too plentiful for inactive residents (probably creates a lot of waste).
Overall I see that a good standard of care is given to my friend.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Melford Court Care Home responded to this review on 14 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very happy with everything. Mum is well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Melford Court Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

We moved my father to Melford Court when his mobility deteriorated rapidly over 12 months ago. He was made most welcome and settled in well despite developing dementia. The staff on the residential wing are friendly and caring whether medical, personal care, housekeeping or catering. He has even been persuaded to take part in activities on a good day. He has become increasingly reluctant to lease his bed but the carers try to encourage him and make the most of his cooperative days to get him in the bath. I am always made most welcome and kept up to date with any issues when I visit or by phone. I am so pleased to have found somewhere this goo where I can leave him especially when visiting the family in New Zealand.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very caring. My Nan is well looked after. Food is good. Nan is always dressed nice. Staff lovely.

How likely would you be to recommend Melford Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would rather be in my own home but I have no choice. I am reasonably happy with the care I receive.

Submit a Review for Melford Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Melford Court Care Home