Fairholme Nursing Home

Roskear Road, Camborne, TR14 8DN

Fairholme Nursing Home has been maintained and refurbished to offer a wide range of personal care provision, in line with current regulations and valuing each resident as an individual.

Areas of expertise include a wide range of nursing requirements, the challenges of physical disability and also terminal care.

A compassionate service is enhanced by comfortable communal areas, a varied in-house and community activities programme, home-cooking with fresh produce, and an on-site hairdressing salon.

Owner: Mr & Mrs J Mangat

Person in charge: Kylie Chaney (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cornwall Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Latvian, Panjabi, Punjabi

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Fairholme Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Fairholme Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 22 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Fairholme Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.739 for Fairholme Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (196 Excellents x 5) + (62 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 261 Ratings = 4.739

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Fairholme Nursing Home is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 12 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Fairholme Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.739) from 22 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Fairholme Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Fairholme Nursing Home

• Great-granddaughter of Resident/Service User

The most extraordinary element of Fairholme Nursing Home is the staff. All have treated my father with kindness and empathy as well as being thorough and professional. They have also treated me with great empathy. I would highly recommend this nursing home to anyone seeking a placement for a friend or relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My dad was at Fairholme Nursing Home for three months. We found the staff very friendly and caring. They are all extremely professional and well trained.
I would not hesitate to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home we had a lovely room with its own bathroom and was always clean and had all the aids dad needed. Dad felt very at home there.
The home was very well run and very efficient.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

It gave excellent service in the last few days of my dad's life and nothing was too much trouble which made my life a lot easier.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Mum aged 88 years with vascular dementia moved to Fairholme Nursing Home after being in hospital I can honestly say as soon as we entered the home it was such a welcome they couldn't have looked after her any better so kind and caring. Unfortunately mum passed away 2 months after being there but the support we had was excellent. Whenever we went she was clean, food was excellent and presented well. Even down to the cleaners who were so good and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Each has their own bedroom. Everywhere is clean and hoovered every day.
As below everything was excellent and my opinion was like walking into your own home. All the staff was welcoming. Facilities for tea/coffee etc you were able to help yourself. Whatever patient you speak to have said they love being in the home. They have an entertainments person who arranges visits from people that play organs/singing and many others to help the patients. Meals can be provided for visitors at a small charge. All laundry is taken care off.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Dad was cared for over 2 years at Fairholme and we can only praise the home for looking after him until his death. Obviously, the care given is not the same as at home with family, but the fact Dad was moved to a home meant we needed more nursing care for him. I really feel communication between all concerned is key to the best care being given.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Likely

Staff do a very good job and the office, do a good job as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have been a patient for respite care since August 2017.

Everyone has been very kind and helpful in every way to me.I have had a lovely room and lovely treat. Ben linen and rooms cleaned every day. The food is so tasty and yo have a choice. Friendly company if you would like it, everyone joins together in the lounge of your choice. Daily papers delivered each morning.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Fairholme took my great-grandad in after being discharged from hospital and he looked amazing. The care they provided him with was outstanding.

The amount of time and care they put in was indescribable. One member of staff was in the room talking to him for 45minutes, although papa was unable to respond. Fairholme even know, still continues to keep in touch with lots of support from all staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Extremely caring community, with all the staff being very friendly and helpful. We all became part of the Fairholme Family.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My friend has been lovingly and very well cared for in this home for the past few years.
My friend died at the home with very good, careful support. All the staff are caring, efficient and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My wife was only in Fairholme for five days.
I found the care and support excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

L Fry, Administrator at Fairholme Nursing Home responded to this review on 02 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your positive feedback.

This is on behalf of my family.
My father was a resident of Fairholme for around 7 years.
He passed away on 24.07.17.
I can honestly say that my experience of the care at Fairholme is of the utmost kindness. They are happy to help and are always available to talk when you have the need to speak with them.
The care they gave my father was the best he could have got and for this, they deserve a medal.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate all the feedback.

When full-time nursing care for my mum became inevitable, making the right choice was a daunting prospect. From our initial visit, first impressions of Fairholme as a well-run, clean and homely residence have, over 20 months, been realised in the delivery of high-quality nursing care and a genuine interest in the welfare of its residents.
Even when under the greatest pressure, staff members were always sensitive to mum’s needs, went out their way to make a difference and add that much-needed human touch in every task. From the kitchen and cleaning staff to the healthcare workers, nurses and managers, we remain eternally grateful to every member of the Fairholme team who looked after my mum as one of their own and continue to make this care home into the caring community it is – thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We (my brother and I) were extremely satisfied with the level of care our father received during his 6 month period at Fairholme Nursing Home. All staff were extremely kind, friendly and thoughtful towards our dad. They were all thoroughly professional in all levels of care and worked well as a team to put his needs foremost in their nursing and care. As his health declined he was offered options discussed by his GP along with the nursing staff. These wishes were met and we were kept informed of every change and variation in his condition. We were all shown the greatest level of sympathy, understanding and consideration. We are comforted to know that our father could not have been in a better care home to end his days with such loving and attentive people around him. Thanks to all concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My parents had a double room, which they shared. It was a pleasant room, with an ensuite bathroom. As a retired professional in the nursing field, I was very happy and impressed with the care given to my parents. Unfortunately, they did not settle, and I was obliged to take them back to their bungalow, with live in care. But in the intervening period, while they were in Fairholme, the staff did their level best to address any issues that arose.
Everyone, from the domestic staff to senior nurses were very helpful and supportive to my parents, my husband and myself. I have no hesitation in recommending Fairholme.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum moved to this nursing home in November 2016, bed and chair bound and unable to walk after contracting 'Lewy Body Dementia'. Previous to this she was a very active and fit person. This has hit us hard as a family, but 'all' the staff have been fantastic. She is checked regularly, fed well and her personal hygiene is treated with care and dignity. I am informed by phone immediately if she is unwell and am updated daily on her wellbeing. Nothing is too much trouble and any requests are dealt with quickly and with a smiling face. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Fairholme to family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was 93 and diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus and we were struggling at home as she deteriorated as there was no care in the community available. When we approached Fairholme, they were excellent and worked with us to get her into the home ASAP. Unfortunately, mum was only in the home for a week when she passed away.
I feel that her end of life was made better by the attention she was given by all the staff, I can’t thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum was transferred from the hospital to Fairholme Nursing Home about 2 years ago. At that time we were told that mum would be lucky to survive 6 months. However, mum settled in very well and celebrated her 99th birthday at the home. We as a family are convinced that mum survived for 2 years because of the care and support that she received at the home. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff were brilliant. Mum passed away on 31st August 2016. I have no hesitation in recommending this home to you.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I was admitted to Fairholme in January. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive, but on arriving was met by 2 staff and felt at home straight away. I was put in the lounge with 5 other ladies and welcomed by them. I had my own room (with teddy on bed) I was treated very well by all the staff (carers). These carers all deserve a medal. They were fantastic, so caring and patient. I was allowed to go to bed when I liked and cared by in the same way by night staff. There was never any pressure put on you by anyone. The food was excellent, all home cooked and a variety. I was there 9 weeks and when I left staff came and waved me off and were crying (some even came in although off duty). Marvellous.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

When trying to find a care home for my father-in-law, we viewed about 4 and when we arrived at Fairholme, as soon as we went in, we said yes. The management were very polite and helpful, since father has been there you couldn't not wish for better service and dedication 24 hours a day. Everyone has been so kind and loving to us all.
Fathers last hours went treated with respect and we were all kept up to date with his condition. I must thank everyone from top management to the cleaners and maintenance men. What a grand job you have all done.
thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Fairholme was superb during our relatives stay, very clean, warm and inviting, more like a families home than a care facility.
After our relative passed away, they were a tremendous help with arrangements, care and support for the family.
Thoroughly recommended!!!

Laima Janusauskiene

Job Title: Care supervisor

Joined: 2010

NVQ level 3

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Fairholme Nursing Home