Fairholme Nursing Home, Camborne, Cornwall

Fairholme Nursing Home has been maintained and refurbished to offer a wide range of personal care provision, in line with current regulations and valuing each resident as an individual.

Areas of expertise include a wide range of nursing requirements, the challenges of physical disability and also terminal care.

A compassionate service is enhanced by comfortable communal areas, a varied in-house and community activities programme, home-cooking with fresh produce, and an on-site hairdressing salon.

Owner: Mr & Mrs J Mangat

Person in charge: Kylie Chaney (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cornwall Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Latvian, Panjabi, Punjabi

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Fairholme Nursing Home: click here

9.5 Fairholme Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.549)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Fairholme Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Fairholme Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.799 for Fairholme Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (124 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 154 Ratings = 4.799

The 4.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Fairholme Nursing Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.750

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Fairholme Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Fairholme Nursing Home

• Relative of Resident/Service User

Extremely caring community, with all the staff being very friendly and helpful. We all became part of the Fairholme Family.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My friend has been lovingly and very well cared for in this home for the past few years.
My friend died at the home with very good, careful support. All the staff are caring, efficient and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My wife was only in Fairholme for five days.
I found the care and support excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

L Fry, Administrator at Fairholme Nursing Home responded to this review on 02 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your positive feedback.

This is on behalf of my family.
My father was a resident of Fairholme for around 7 years.
He passed away on 24.07.17.
I can honestly say that my experience of the care at Fairholme is of the utmost kindness. They are happy to help and are always available to talk when you have the need to speak with them.
The care they gave my father was the best he could have got and for this, they deserve a medal.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate all the feedback.

When full-time nursing care for my mum became inevitable, making the right choice was a daunting prospect. From our initial visit, first impressions of Fairholme as a well-run, clean and homely residence have, over 20 months, been realised in the delivery of high-quality nursing care and a genuine interest in the welfare of its residents.
Even when under the greatest pressure, staff members were always sensitive to mum’s needs, went out their way to make a difference and add that much-needed human touch in every task. From the kitchen and cleaning staff to the healthcare workers, nurses and managers, we remain eternally grateful to every member of the Fairholme team who looked after my mum as one of their own and continue to make this care home into the caring community it is – thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We (my brother and I) were extremely satisfied with the level of care our father received during his 6 month period at Fairholme Nursing Home. All staff were extremely kind, friendly and thoughtful towards our dad. They were all thoroughly professional in all levels of care and worked well as a team to put his needs foremost in their nursing and care. As his health declined he was offered options discussed by his GP along with the nursing staff. These wishes were met and we were kept informed of every change and variation in his condition. We were all shown the greatest level of sympathy, understanding and consideration. We are comforted to know that our father could not have been in a better care home to end his days with such loving and attentive people around him. Thanks to all concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My parents had a double room, which they shared. It was a pleasant room, with an ensuite bathroom. As a retired professional in the nursing field, I was very happy and impressed with the care given to my parents. Unfortunately, they did not settle, and I was obliged to take them back to their bungalow, with live in care. But in the intervening period, while they were in Fairholme, the staff did their level best to address any issues that arose.
Everyone, from the domestic staff to senior nurses were very helpful and supportive to my parents, my husband and myself. I have no hesitation in recommending Fairholme.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum moved to this nursing home in November 2016, bed and chair bound and unable to walk after contracting 'Lewy Body Dementia'. Previous to this she was a very active and fit person. This has hit us hard as a family, but 'all' the staff have been fantastic. She is checked regularly, fed well and her personal hygiene is treated with care and dignity. I am informed by phone immediately if she is unwell and am updated daily on her wellbeing. Nothing is too much trouble and any requests are dealt with quickly and with a smiling face. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Fairholme to family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was 93 and diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus and we were struggling at home as she deteriorated as there was no care in the community available. When we approached Fairholme, they were excellent and worked with us to get her into the home ASAP. Unfortunately, mum was only in the home for a week when she passed away.
I feel that her end of life was made better by the attention she was given by all the staff, I can’t thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum was transferred from the hospital to Fairholme Nursing Home about 2 years ago. At that time we were told that mum would be lucky to survive 6 months. However, mum settled in very well and celebrated her 99th birthday at the home. We as a family are convinced that mum survived for 2 years because of the care and support that she received at the home. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff were brilliant. Mum passed away on 31st August 2016. I have no hesitation in recommending this home to you.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I was admitted to Fairholme in January. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive, but on arriving was met by 2 staff and felt at home straight away. I was put in the lounge with 5 other ladies and welcomed by them. I had my own room (with teddy on bed) I was treated very well by all the staff (carers). These carers all deserve a medal. They were fantastic, so caring and patient. I was allowed to go to bed when I liked and cared by in the same way by night staff. There was never any pressure put on you by anyone. The food was excellent, all home cooked and a variety. I was there 9 weeks and when I left staff came and waved me off and were crying (some even came in although off duty). Marvellous.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

When trying to find a care home for my father-in-law, we viewed about 4 and when we arrived at Fairholme, as soon as we went in, we said yes. The management were very polite and helpful, since father has been there you couldn't not wish for better service and dedication 24 hours a day. Everyone has been so kind and loving to us all.
Fathers last hours went treated with respect and we were all kept up to date with his condition. I must thank everyone from top management to the cleaners and maintenance men. What a grand job you have all done.
thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Fairholme Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Fairholme was superb during our relatives stay, very clean, warm and inviting, more like a families home than a care facility.
After our relative passed away, they were a tremendous help with arrangements, care and support for the family.
Thoroughly recommended!!!

Laima Janusauskiene

Job Title: Care supervisor

Joined: 2010

NVQ level 3

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Fairholme Nursing Home