Queensmount Care Home

18 Queens Park West Drive, Bournemouth BH8 9DA

Offering a range of short and long stay residential and nursing care plans, Queensmount also provides Parkinson's care. Care and support are also provided to those requiring palliative care.

Situated in a pleasant area of Bournemouth, Queensmount features outstanding facilities where residents can choose to socialise, entertain visitors or simply enjoy some peace and quiet. The attractively decorated home includes en-suite bedrooms each with a flat-screen TV and a 24-hour call system, while outside offers well tended gardens and patio areas.

Only fresh produce is used in the preparation of nutritious and delicious meals, and all tastes and diets are catered for. Snacks are available morning and afternoon.

A dedicated activity co-ordinator ensures hobbies and interests are enjoyed, such as films, bowls, cake making, and charades. Local singers and musicians make regular visits and each month there is a themed event.

Person in charge: Nicola Soulsby (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bournemouth Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 52 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Czech, Spanish; Castilian, Polish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Queensmount Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Queensmount Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 37 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Queensmount Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 26 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.762 for Queensmount Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (347 Excellents x 5) + (83 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 441 Ratings = 4.762

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Queensmount Care Home is based on 26 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.4 positive Reviews (52 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 26 Reviews ÷ 10.4 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Queensmount Care Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.762) from 37 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Queensmount Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Queensmount Care Home

My friend has been very well cared for at Queensmount, the carers always do a brilliant job of looking after her. The food menus are very good and varied, with all lovely homemade food. The team at Queensmount always go above and beyond. She is very happy and always singing praises of the team.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 19 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words. I'm so pleased to hear that your friend is happy and settled in our care.

It was a big decision for my mother to go into care and we are all so happy that Queensmount was the home she chose. We are delighted with the home and the care she receives.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. I know it is such a big decision to make but I'm sure that you all now have peace of mind knowing that your mother is happy, safe and well cared for.

My mother booked into the Queensmount at very short notice after falling and breaking her shoulder. From the initial assessment and throughout her stay, she has been treated with the utmost respect and attended upon by relentlessly pleasant nursing, caring and catering staff. The menu options and quality of the food are excellent and my mother's favourite fruit juice was even ordered in for her. The standard of cleanliness is impressive, as is the variety of activities arranged for the residents, but nothing in comparison to the care and compassion shown by the staff and management, who really bend over backwards to make day to day life at the Queensmount.
Pleasant, caring, entertaining and homely.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and staff. I hope that your mother is now fully recovered.

Very satisfied, my family are very happy and my guests say it is very nice, the best they have seen.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 13 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to know that you and your family are happy, I hope that you are enjoying the different activities that are on offer.

I come visit my dad once a week and I stay for about an hour or hour and a half. I sometimes joined in with the activities in the morning like crosswords. My sister lives in Canada and comes visit twice a year, she is also impressed with the care our dads receiving at Queensmount. I am always welcomed by friendly staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 12 Mar 2018:

I have been in Queensmount for the past 2 years. I enjoy the food in here, I like playing bingo every week. Sometimes I win a prize. The staff are very friendly and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 09 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy and enjoying things. I hope you continue to win at bingo.

Took double room - well chosen. Restaurant food and staff wonderful accommodating most needs. Administration visit and know residents well. Entertainment well-run, considering varied needs. Trips out a bit limited. Well run and friendly yet professional nursing.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 27 Feb 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home.

My friend is very happy at Queensmount Care Home. She is well looked after by friendly and professional staff. Nothing is too much trouble. When I come and visit my friend, I am always made feel welcome and I get a lovely cup of tea and delicious homemade cake.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 20 Feb 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words. I'm so glad to hear that your friend is happy and well cared for and that you enjoy a cup of tea and cake together.

The lady I visit is well looked after and very happy with her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 01 Feb 2018:

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear that your friend is happy and that she is well cared for.

I have been very impressed by staff and management not only for my cousin but for myself. The care has been excellent and nothing is too much trouble. Always a warm welcome and everywhere is clean. The patient is spotless.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jan 2018:

From the moment we arrived to view Queensmount for our Dad we knew immediately this was the place we wanted him to be. The staff were so friendly and welcoming and it just felt right. During his time there he received the best care possible and was treated with the dignity and respect he deserved. They made a very difficult time so much easier to bare and we are so grateful for that. We even visited after my Dad passed away so that other family members who were over from Australia could see where he spent his last days and were again made very welcome. Highly recommended.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jan 2018:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review and such kind words. I hope that you and your family have peace of mind knowing that your dad was so well cared for in our care.

My uncle was a resident of this care home for over two years. During this time, the care of his physical, social and emotional needs was extremely good. As a relative living away, I was kept fully informed at all times about any issues affecting my uncle. It was reassuring to know that he was receiving such good care. At all times he was treated with respect, patience and understanding. To the last he maintained his dignity. I certainly felt supported by the staff and part of the Queensmount family. In my opinion, Queensmount is a well-managed establishment.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jan 2018:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review and kind words, it is lovely to hear how well cared for your uncle was and that you were also supported and felt like part of the Queensmount family.

Nursing staff and other staff are very friendly, helpful and caring. Everything is done to a very high standard. The rooms are very clean.
Would be happy to book myself in.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 18 Jan 2018:

I visit my friend at Queensmount about once a week. We often have Sunday roast lunch together, which is always delicious. The staff are very welcoming and caring. My friend is happy and settled there.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 17 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your friend is happy and settled and that you enjoy Sunday lunch together.

Very friendly welcoming staff. I have been visiting my friend here for years and she has always been well cared for here. I would recommend Queensmount to anyone. It is a great home.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2018:

Everyone is very welcome. My friend is very happy at Queensmount and well cared for by everyone. This is a lovely home.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear that your friend is very happy and well cared for in our care.

My brother was a resident at Queensmount Care Home for three weeks respite. From the minute he arrived to the day he left he was treated with respect, understanding and kindness. Everyone was friendly and the family visiting him were warmly welcomed at all times.
Queensmount is warm comfortable and homely. My brother does not like being away from his own home where he is cherished by my sister-in-law but he said he would be happy to return for future respite should it be necessary. I can't speak highly enough for the way my brother was looked after. He also enjoyed all the activities and entertainment provided.
Thank you to all the kind staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 11 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review and kind words. I'm so glad to hear that your brother enjoyed his short stay with us and was happy and well cared for. It is the little things like a smile or a little chat that makes all the difference. I hope that your brother comes and stays with us again for some respite care.

I visited my friend once a week for several months. She was a bright and intelligent elderly lady who would, of course, have preferred to be in her own home, but since that was not possible she always said she was in the best place possible. My friend was well cared for by friendly, professional staff, in fact, she often commented on how kind and attentive everybody was to her.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 08 Jan 2018:

Since my mother entered Queensmount Care Home following a hospital visit in December 2017, my family have been greatly relieved and reassured to discover how happy, friendly and well-run it is. During this settling in period, the staff have been very supportive, friendly and helpful in facilitating as smooth a transition from her own home as possible for my mother.
My mother now enjoys the very well organised and stimulating daily residents activities and a much improved social life, instead of being on her own in her flat much of the time.
the catering is excellent with a varied and flexible choice of daily menus and we have enjoyed several delicious meals in the residents dining room as guests with my mother.
Thank you to all Queensmount staff for helping us through this difficult time with such understanding and kindness. My mother feels very safe and well cared for and we have peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 05 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your mum is settling in and enjoying the activities, I'm sure she will make lots of new friends. It is lovely to know that you also have peace of mind knowing that she is well cared for.

At the time of my initial enquiry I was very impressed by the warmth and help I was given. My husband suffers from Parkinson's Disease and needed three weeks respite care. Having visited him every day of his stay has been obvious to me that Queensmount Care Home is very well run in a very compassionate and caring way by many exceptional and devoted staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 04 Jan 2018:

First time in a care home and pleasantly surprised with all the staff - attitude and friendliness of all. Food and choices are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 16 Oct 2017:

My sister-in-law spent approximately 18 months in Queensmount Care Home before passing away peacefully on 11 September 2017. We hear of so many alarming stories in the press. I cannot fault the care received by my sister-in-law during her confinement. It was friendly, kind and very professional. All of the staff were always helpful and considerate. Both I and my sister-in-law found new friends and they made her remaining life as joyous and comfortable as was possible. I was so pleased that some of the staff were able to attend her funeral.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 10 Oct 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you and your sister in law made new friends and your kind words about our staff. I'm sure this will be of comfort to you in the future knowing that she was well cared for.

We found Queensmount to be an extremely caring, friendly, clean and very hospitable care home.
Our mum was content there and we always found a very friendly and caring welcome whenever we visited.
Thank you for all you did to make our mum's last months as happy as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 14 Sep 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. I'm sure in time you will look back on your mum's time with us with happy memories.

I find the care home very good, this is my second visit and if needs be I will come back, care is very good indeed, nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrtor at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 14 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear that you have enjoyed your stay's with us and hopefully you will come and stay with us again.

I have always found Bupa Queensmount staff friendly and efficient. Nothing seems too much trouble for them and they all care and look after my father exceedingly well.
I cannot fault the home or the level of care my father receives. Dad is always kept clean and tidy and I know he is in the best possible place. The food too is excellent.
All in all, a fantastic care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 18 Aug 2017:

Staff seem pleasant and helpful and my mother seems happy and settled even after a few weeks.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear your mother is settled and the staff members are helpful, we appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The establishment is set in a most pleasant environment within the heart of nature. The peacefulness and tranquillity is matched by the very caring staff which completes a most excellent rehabilitation environment. Nothing is too much trouble and the most pleasant characters that make up the establishment. On the personnel side are a real tribute to the professional qualities of the whole staff from the chosen managers through to the happy and helpful care assistants.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne duck, Customer sercices administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 05 May 2017:

My mother was a resident for 2 years prior to her death from old age (106 years old) in January. Throughout her stay, she was looked after with care, dignity and love. The nursing care in her last weeks was exceptional. The support I received was outstanding, both from carers and management and I thank them all very much.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 03 Mar 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My father spent the last three months of his life at Queensmount and received excellent care. The staff took the time to help him and us, his family at this difficult time. The quality of care, wellbeing and food were excellent. We couldn't have asked for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

Everything seemed to be fine. Nurses were very efficient and delivering of drugs.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 31 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The staff are friendly and are always ready to laugh and joke.They often talk about their families which is very nice. The food is good and varied - perhaps too good! The nursing staff are very helpful and caring when I have ones of my headaches.
Recently they (the staff) have arranged for the opticians to visit and are in the process of finding a chiropodist. Nothing seems it is too much trouble.
I recommended the home to a friend who came to stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jul 2016:

The manager and customer advisor were excellent - very pleasant and welcoming. All the staff with whom I came into contact were warm and caring. I enjoyed the food very much.
I found the room temperature at night too high but understand that this was important for some residents. There were problems with my beeper (bell) for a few days but a good effort was made to correct this. I found the proximity of the main beeper indicator in the corridor intrusive at times - again - I understand that it has to be somewhere! Overall I found this week at Queensmount very beneficial to my well-being after my cardiac surgery.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Service Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jul 2016:

I always found the service excellent, the staff are very nice, friendly and caring. The food and drink is better than some 1st class restaurants in London - my son said the home is always kept very clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 16 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Most importantly dad is very happy with the quality of care he receives. Given it is a huge adjustment for anyone leaving their own home, it is commendable that dad feels this way and has decided to remain permanently. We have found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. Dad has had two or three occasions when he has been unhappy with the food not being very hot and on one occasion cold. He addressed this and the response was appropriate.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

We had to get my husband into respite care at a moments notice and Queensmount has filled the gap of three weeks beautifully. I love the home, it's clean and bright with a friendly atmosphere from when you walk in. The staff have been kind and supportive to my husband and we have particularly been impressed with the activities which get him out of his room (he is blind so can't read or watch T.V.) and allows him to socialise and keep his mind active.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Queensmount Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mum needed constant care and careful dietary needs. Nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff, who attended to their duties with a smile. Visitors were always made most welcome with a drink and biscuit/cake offered. Activities were taking place each day with a special Christmas meal prior to Christmas Day for residents and relations.

How likely would you be to recommend Queensmount Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother only went to Queensmount Nursing Home for respite care for 2 weeks so my husband and I could have a holiday. She had been unwell and needed full time care and assistance but after meeting a senior member of staff I felt confident she would be well looked after. I couldn't have found anywhere better for her. The staff were all so caring and supportive both to my mum and to us as a family. If mum or I needed to talk to any of the staff they were always very helpful and approachable. It was discovered when she went in to Queensmount, by their GP, that she had a blood clot and cellulitis. She had seen her own doctor prior to going to Queensmount and it was not diagnosed so the fact that they picked up on it so quickly we were very grateful.
She had a very nice en-suite ground floor room. The menu was varied and offered a good selection. We sometimes stayed and had a meal with her in the dining room which was always beautifully laid up just like a hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and every care was taken to make everyone feel part of a big family, even the relatives. My mum was there for 18 months and although we had wanted her home with us it was not to be. She had a fear of hospital but sadly had to be admitted and we all thought she would be able to return to Queensmount where she wanted to be in familiar surroundings and with family and friends around her. She died peacefully in hospital and it seemed right that her main carer and a senior member of staff were with us at that time. We did not ask for them to be with us but so grateful for their support at that time. We still keep in touch and hopefully always will. It is like an extension of our own family. I thoroughly recommend Queensmount for your own peace of mind if you have a relative that needs to be cared for.

Submit a Review for Queensmount Care Home

posted 14 May 2018

Ground Floor Room: Beautiful garden room with en-suite wetroom.First Floor Room: Lovely views with en-suite wetroom.

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

Nicola

Nicola Soulsby

Joined: 2006

I have been working for Bupa for 11 years, and Home Manager for three. Bournemouth born and bred, I worked on the Elderly Care wards at Royal Bournemouth Hospital prior to Queensmount Care Home, looking after the frail elderly. I am proud of the care we give here at Queensmount and have an amazing team who go above and beyond for our residents.

Steve

Steve Simms

Job Title: Chef Manager

Joined: 1996

I have been working at Queensmount Care Home for 21 years. Before landing here I trained and cooked in many 4/5 star hotels in England and abroad. I enjoy visiting residents to make sure they are enjoying the food and am always happy to offer alternatives if someone fancies something different.

Whitney

Whitney Haines

Job Title: Care assistant

Joined: 2014

I have been working at Queensmount Care Home for 3 years and am currently working towards my level three qualification. I enjoy working wherever I am needed in the home always making myself available for our residents. The home has a nice atmosphere and we all work together as a team.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Queensmount Care Home