Heliosa

54 Boundary Lane, Congleton CW12 3JA

Heliosa is an established care, nursing and residential home for the elderly, operating for over 10 years, in a quiet and picturesque area of Congleton, Cheshire.

All staff teams are highly trained and experienced, with registered nurses and care assistants who take National Vocational Qualification training to ensure high standards. All Heliosa staff are carefully selected and trained assistance is available 24 hours a day.

The home has an IIP (Investors in People) accreditation in place and has received a Care Quality Service rating of ‘Good to Excellent’ from the Care Quality Commission and is also a preferred provider for Cheshire East County Council.

Care is based on core values of Positive Living that satisfy social, personal, cultural and religious beliefs: Compassion, Respect, Dignity, Privacy, Choice, Independence and Security.

Owner: Takepart Ltd

Person in charge: Joanne Barbank (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 42 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke

Admission Information: Private/NHS. Ages 40+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £650 – £800 Nursing Care Single £650 – £800 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Heliosa to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

There is a 20 space car park to the rear of the building.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Heliosa: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Heliosa is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Heliosa in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.458 for Heliosa is calculated as follows: ( (54 Excellents x 5) + (48 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 107 Ratings = 4.458

The 4.595 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Heliosa is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.4 positive Reviews (42 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 8.4 Target = 0.595

9.1 Heliosa has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.053) from 9 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Heliosa?

Reviewer Connection to Heliosa

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My aunt was in Heliosa for just over two years.
In this time I have found her standard of care to be excellent.
She was always very clean and there were always staff on hand to talk to if I had any concerns re my aunt's welfare.
I was regularly contacted by medical staff if there was a change in my aunt's condition.
I would have no hesitation to recommend this establishment to family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Heliosa? Extremely Likely

My mum was very well looked after for a period of 8 months in 2017 by the team at Heliosa.
All the team showed my mum and I great compassion, I would give the home 10/10 in all areas. Great job Heliosa team, many thanks. Even ask me to visit after my mum passed away always welcomed.

How likely would you be to recommend Heliosa? Extremely Likely

Heliosa was very kind and caring, the staff were amazing - every care and comfort was given. The staff were very caring towards the residents. It's by far the most compassionate home I have ever been in. I was very impressed. Eight weeks of total dignity was given before, during and after death. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Heliosa? Extremely Likely

I was impressed by the dedication and genuine enthusiasm of both staff and management in caring for the residents, listening to family and putting care plans in place. I feel very glad that my mother is in a safe and caring environment like this.

How likely would you be to recommend Heliosa? Extremely Likely

Since moving our uncle to Heliosa after a very stressful and poor care environment at his previous care home, we have found Heliosa and it's staff to be the best thing we could have done for him. His well being has improved 100%. He has put on weight and enjoys the food which is all home cooked and fresh, not stored in hot trolleys.

The staff and management team are friendly, professional and caring. The home itself has a wonderful atmosphere and the dignity of the residents it uppermost. Nothing is too much trouble. Our uncle suffers from a number of illnesses, mainly dementia. We know he won't get better, but we are sure that he will be taken care of, we would recommend Heliosa very very highly.

How likely would you be to recommend Heliosa? Extremely Likely

My 94 year old aunt was accepted into Heliosa in mid-August 2016 after recovering in hospital from a fractured hip operation which needed 24/7 nursing care due to her reduced mobility and periods of dementia. She feels very comfortable at Heliosa and is in good spirits. Unfortunately, as I live in the south of England (and I am currently fighting cancer) I have not been able to visit her as often I would have liked but the home is always ready to give me an update on my aunt's latest condition and -from this -I see the care they genuinely attach to her wellbeing.
Her appearance is kept neat and tidy with regular visits from the hairdresser and she has joined in with the activities offered. The home sent photos of her 94th birthday celebrations in the lounge which was nice. They appear very capable of dealing with any issues related to my aunt's care as they may arise.
I am happy in the knowledge that my aunt is being professionally cared for in a loving environment. Thank you Heliosa!

How likely would you be to recommend Heliosa? Extremely Likely

My father has been a resident for four years and we have always found the staff to be kind and considerate towards him and other residents.
The staff were very supportive during his final few days and I would certainly recommend Heliosa to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Heliosa? Extremely Likely

My contacts at all levels at Heliosa are most helpful and obliging in spite of the pressures of their tasks. I wish them all well, their dedication is outstanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Heliosa? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law moved into Heliosa in mid-March. For a lady who has suffered from agoraphobia and depression she has settled in remarkably well. The staff have answered my questions with knowledge and consideration and made the transition relatively easy. The staff are easy to approach and have come up with some creative ideas to address some issues we ran into - this gives me confidence that they are able to deal with any situation as it arises.

The meals are well prepared, nutritious and in sensible portions. There are yummy (often hand made) snacks as well as the regular meals.
The activities offered have been much enjoyed by Mum, she is now looking forward to what's to come.
I am very grateful to the management and owners who have been very considerate to the fact that I do not live in the county and have made arrangements to cover all my needs when I return home. I will leave Mum with confidence that she will be well taken care of in a professional, caring and loving way.

How likely would you be to recommend Heliosa? Likely

Submit a Review for Heliosa

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Heliosa

Julie

Julie Lynch

Joined: 2010

Julie is a registered nurse with many years experience of working with the elderly both abroad and in the UK. She is not only caring and committed to the well being of her residents but will go the extra mile to make sure that they are settled and happy upon moving to Heliosa. In her spare time, Julie enjoys hiking, walking her two Border Collies, loves horses and travel overseas.

Dimitrina

Dimitrina Puncheva

Job Title: Deputy Matron

Joined: 2011

A native of Bulgaria, Dimitrina is a very well qualified hard working nurse with a broad range of skills. She has taken on many challenging roles within Heliosa and has proven to be a dedicated professional nurse, willing to spend time to make sure that her exacting standards are met. She loves colourful plants and flowers and to spend time with her husband and daughter. A fun loving woman with a great sense of humour!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Heliosa