Ferndale Court Care Home, Widnes, Cheshire

Located in the Ditton area of Widnes, Ferndale Court Care Home is a purpose-built facility offering nursing, residential and dementia care for up to 57 residents.

The home features a number of lounge areas with specially designed furnishings, where residents can feel comfortable and at home. The bedrooms are varied and well-equipped for residents’ needs.

Residents eat freshly prepared, nutritional meals cooked by the home’s chefs who get to know the individual tastes of the residents. Menus can be adapted to cater for any dietary and cultural needs.

Kindness is at the heart of everything the experienced members of staff do and this provides those at Ferndale Court Care Home with a very homely atmosphere.

Person in charge: Andrea Nicholson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Halton Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 57 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Ferndale Court Care Home: click here

posted 06 Feb 2017

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

8.3 Ferndale Court Care Home has a Review Score of 8.3 (8.263)

The Review Score of 8.3 (maximum of 10) for Ferndale Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ferndale Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.5 for Ferndale Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (48 Excellents x 5) + (48 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 96 Ratings = 4.5

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 3.763 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ferndale Court Care Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 11.4 positive Reviews (57 registered beds ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 11.4 Target = 0.263

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ferndale Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ferndale Court Care Home

• Cousin of Resident/Service User
  • Relative of Resident/Service User

Dad was taken into Ferndale in March at the age of 82, he was mainly bedbound, he was Diabetic and had other illnesses. Because of the Nurses care and attention within a few months of constant care and monitoring, Dads fluctuating blood sugar readings and other infections were brought under control, and Dads general wellbeing improved.
Our whole Ferndale experience is one which we can look back on and truthfully say, that everything to make Dad comfortable was done. The staff and Nurses did everything for him. He was always clean and in clean clothes and bedding.
The food at Ferndale is really good, having tried it myself. Our family are really grateful to ALL the staff at Ferndale, always friendly and helpful. At our request, Dad passed away at Ferndale, very peacefully, and with dignity. At the end, the Nurses and staff were so considerate, we stayed with Dad as long as we wanted.
In my experience, I have no hesitation recommending Ferndale for your loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Ferndale Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

On visiting my cousin at Ferndale Court Care Home in Widnes I was very pleased with the attention the staff gave to the residents. They were all treated with the respect we all deserve. As a visitor, I was impressed with the home itself. It was clean and tidy and there was a very happy feeling about the place. I have been a caregiver myself so I am aware of the needs of the elderly and my honest opinion is that at Ferndale Court Care Home all these needs are met. The staff are happy and friendly and I feel my cousin is safe in their hands, whoever came up with the idea of a letterbox on all doors was brilliant. My cousin seemed more settled seeing her room as her house, not her bedroom and I think that made it easier for her.

How likely would you be to recommend Ferndale Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My friend has been in Ferndale Court for more than three years. We have always been very impressed by the care she received. The office staff, cleaners, laundry, caretaker, activities Director and nursing staff have always gone the extra mile in being friendly, helpful and very thoughtful in the way they have treated my friend. Today as we were leaving St Helen's hospital. The consultant and nurses commented to me and my friend what a good care home she had come from. They were very impressed by her cleanliness, not only physically but her clothes also. I would recommend Ferndale Court to everyone. It really does feel like home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ferndale Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister recently passed away on the Sunflower Unit, the staff were kind and caring. She died with dignity and respect. Best decision I made.

How likely would you be to recommend Ferndale Court Care Home? Likely

My mum has recently been admitted to Bluebell Unit. The staff are very kind, patient and informative. My mum can be a bit of a handful. I don't know how they do it.

How likely would you be to recommend Ferndale Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was anxious about my mum going into care. My mum is now in Ferndale Court the staff are very kind and patient, nothing has been too much trouble. It has reassured me about care in care homes.

How likely would you be to recommend Ferndale Court Care Home? Likely

My two cousins visited today (not seen mum since first came here). They were amazed how much mum has improved, how happy and bright she was. They said it was the nicest nursing home they have been in. I told them we are very happy with mums care here and it is a blessing to all the family to see mum so happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Ferndale Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visited today Ferndale Court and the staff were very polite and friendly. As I am quite frail myself the staff assisted me and gave me a cup of tea, took the time to make me feel welcome.

Submit a Review for Ferndale Court Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ferndale Court Care Home