Craigbank Care Home

80 Saracen Street, Glasgow G22 5AD

Craigbank Care Home, Glasgow, Glasgow City

Craigbank is a purpose-built Glasgow care home that provides residential dementia care, nursing dementia care, and provision for short-term respite, palliative and convalescence needs.

Consisting of three houses and secure gardens, Craigbank also offers refurbished bedrooms that residents are welcome to personalise to their own tastes.

The home benefits from having its own ‘nutritional champion’ who makes sure all dietary needs and personal preferences are catered for, researching all care needs and illnesses to make sure their diet is nutritious.

Activities are organised to suit abilities and interests, with many visiting entertainers and outings to places of interest, including the local cinema.

Group: Advinia Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Pauline Hunter (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 61 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Craigbank Care Home: click here

9.5 Craigbank Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.463)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Craigbank Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Craigbank Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.561 for Craigbank Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (152 Excellents x 5) + (66 Goods x 4) + (19 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 237 Ratings = 4.561

The 4.902 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Craigbank Care Home is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.2 positive Reviews (61 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 12.2 Target = 0.902

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Craigbank Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Craigbank Care Home

The staff, both in the dementia ward and generally, are very attentive. They provide a caring service to residents who are in varying degrees of frailty and mental disintegration.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2018:

Very good expertise throughout my brothers stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 15 Dec 2017:

My brother recently came to stay at Craigbank and he has had his first review. He has settled in well. The management and staff have been very welcoming and helpful to him and the family who are still getting used to the whole situation. I feel sure that as time goes on, he will with the help of the management and staff, continue to enjoy life at Craigbank.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 07 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm sure as you say he will continue to settle and enjoy life at Craigbank and I'm sure that you and your family will get used to life this way as well and you know that he is being well cared for.

Great staff. Really friendly with residents, and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jul 2017:

I've been met with nothing but politeness from every member of staff that I've spoken to concerning my brother. You never know before you visit what staff in the wards have to put up with and I can only admire and appreciate each and every one of the staff for the job that they do.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 10 Jul 2017:

Although I am not able to visit my brother as often as I would like, each time I do visit I am impressed by the air of calm and contentment. The interaction between staff and residents is also a pleasure to witness. It is evident from their interactions that the staff have the necessary knowledge and skills to manage the many demands upon their time and attention while remaining patient and good humoured. Although I have not seen many activities take place, there is evidence that the residents do participate in various activities. I believe that my brother enjoys music sessions, one to one time with staff and outings. The new work shed project should also hold his interest. Each time when I have to leave, it is made easier in the knowledge that my brother is being well cared for and that his individuality is being both respected and appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 06 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is good to know that your brother is enjoying the activities and that there is a good interaction between the staff and residents. I'm so glad that you have peace of mind knowing that he is been looked after well in our care.

My friend received excellent care at the care home. The staff could not have been better.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 02 Oct 2017:

A very pleasant experience with warm and welcoming staff and every care is given to making residents feel at ease and cared for. The bedrooms are bright and clean and there are numerous activities to keep residents entertained. Food is also very nutritious and pleasant.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 26 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review regarding Craigbank Care Home, we really appreciate it. I am pleased that you are happy with the home and their staff, and that you would recommend this home to others. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Great care home, staff really pleasant and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie, National Development Manager at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 24 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I've had a lot of help from my husband's home in a lot of ways. I find that any staff that I have spoken to have helped me, I haven't found any staff that hasn't been pleasant and I know my husband is getting the best of care that can be.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

My brother is well looked after I find the staff very attentive and understanding. They keep me well informed of how he is doing I have only praise for what they do and how they do it so well. A very friendly place. I like going to the home. You will always get a smile and a little banter. I would recommend the home to anyone. It is very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

For 3 years, my friend has been a resident at Craigbank Home. With the present manager, I have seen great improvements to the property. New flooring, painting and a big effort to improve the garden areas. All of this has a positive effect on residents and visitors.
I have experienced great warmth from the staff and a knowledge and understanding of the resident's nature, conditions and needs. What a demanding job and how grateful I am to them for all the care shown to my friend, particularly in her final days, spent so comfortably there.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 08 Feb 2017:

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

There are no words to say how much better my dad's care is now to before, it has given him a new life. I can come away now and have peace of mind rather than the worry and stress. Since my dad went into care two years ago, it has been a living nightmare. Now he is getting the care and love he should have had from day one. The staff cannot be any more caring. I know my dad is now in safe hands. I would like to say to all the staff a big thank you. I know he has been there for a short time but I can see a big difference in him, he has a new life now. Thanks to all the staff looking after him.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 03 Dec 2016:

I find the care home is very good. My husband is looked after very well. I have no complaints at all. The staff are excellent. Very easy to speak to when visiting, can't help you enough. Nothing is a bother to them.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 07 Oct 2016:

My wife has a nice en-suite room and is receiving good care.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 16 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Staff very friendly and helpful. The home is clean and fresh. Grounds are spacious for residents in the garden. Residents are well cared for. Feed back to family about any changes in health or medication is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 24 May 2016:

I would like more freedom to come and go unaccompanied.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Craigbank Care Home responded to this review on 08 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team

Pleased with the way my cousin is getting looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Likely

My wife has been in Craigbank for two and a half years and in that time I have been totally happy with the overall care and welfare that my wife receives. The home is very well run by all members of staff, from cleaners up to management. The staff are all brilliant. I know that my wife is very well cared for and all her needs as far as I can see being met. But most of all I can sleep easy knowing that she is safe and that's because of the dedication of all members of staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Craigbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent standard of care, staff go beyond the call of duty. Always very clean, and residents are looked after well. Good activity program to occupy everyone. Relatives made welcome at any time and always informed to what is taking place.

Submit a Review for Craigbank Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Craigbank Care Home