Charters Court Care Home

2 Charters Village Drive, Felcourt Road, East Grinstead RH19 2GW

Charters Court is a delightful care home which is light and spacious with attractive views over garden and woodland. The atmosphere is both calm and caring.

The home offers residential, nursing and dementia care in separate suites. Residents therefore enjoy smaller group living cared for and supported by the home's professional and friendly staff team.

Person in charge: Christian Estrada (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Admission Information: Private, NHS and Local Authority. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Open visiting

Parking available

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Charters Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Charters Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Charters Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.657 for Charters Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (84 Excellents x 5) + (14 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 108 Ratings = 4.657

The 4.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Charters Court Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.500

9.2 Charters Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.157) from 9 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Charters Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Charters Court Care Home

I am extremely pleased with the way my mother is cared for. The permanent staff are wonderful and know what my mother likes and dislikes, however, we have had a spate of agency staff who, although very caring do not have the continuity of the permanent staff. It would be very helpful if the staff remained in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Charters Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Clare Sheehan, Careline Advisor at Charters Court Care Home responded to this review on 14 May 2018:

Thank you very much for your review of Charters Court, feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.

With regard to the team at Charters Court, we have had a couple of people depart purely due to relocation, resulting in some use of agency care to support Residents. We are in the process of recruiting to ensure we have a full complement of our own team.

Thank you for patience whilst we deal with this process and I shall ensure your feedback is shared with the Team.

Both of my elderly parents have been residents at Charters Court for just over one year. My father, unfortunately, passed away in June, but my mother continues to be cared for in the nursing unit upstairs.

I cannot praise Charter Court enough, as despite this being a truly awful experience for my sister and myself the staff have been absolutely amazing. We have got to know many of them quite well and witnessed constantly the dedication and care that they put into looking after the residents.

The facilities are fantastic and not what I was expecting when looking for a safe environment for my parents to live with the home itself set in a very lovely countryside location.

I would strongly recommend anyone having to look under similar circumstances to take a look at Charters Court. It has always been very easy to visit at any time of the day and I have always felt very welcome with staff often taking time to talk to me about things happening with my parents.

Top care home, top staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Charters Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother and father recently moved into Charters Court Care Home. I am absolutely delighted with the care that they are now receiving. Charters Court is meeting my high expectations and in several areas, it is surpassing my expectations. I highly recommend Charters Court without reservation.

How likely would you be to recommend Charters Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The home is fairly new. Staff are happy, the atmosphere is lovely. Beautifully clean, been given help whenever needed. Laundry dealt with promptly.

How likely would you be to recommend Charters Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Everything is perfect. Food is excellent. Care is excellent. Surroundings are beautiful. The rooms are very clean and well looked after. The care staff are lovely and friendly and approachable. My husband is very happy living here.

How likely would you be to recommend Charters Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Charters Court is a brilliant home. The staff is very good and the activities are very good. Overall it is a brilliant care home.
The care staff is always there to help you, and the food is second to none.

How likely would you be to recommend Charters Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I never expected to find a place with such energy, dedication, care and kindness.
The focus, attention and support is second to none.
The day I discovered this place I went home and wept with relief.
My father's totally relaxed, at peace and confident in the care he is getting.
I leave him after each visit feeling so relieved, with great peace of mind that all his needs are being met.
As his daughter, I feel anything I request is attended to immediately.
It feels as if nothing is too much, the thoughfulness and kindness goes beyond anything I had expected.
I feel very welcomed and supported, as well as informed of every aspect of his care.
The staff are one step ahead of his needs and can anticipate what might be required before it becomes apparent.
I have experienced warmth and kindness from every member of staff - from the cleaners, administration staff, laundry staff to carers.
I feel very blessed to have found this place.

How likely would you be to recommend Charters Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum needed convalescence care to help her recover from a serious illness and 3 stays in hospital. The staff at Charters Court have been amazing. It is a very pleasant environment, bright and airy with modern facilities. The staff genuinely care about their residents and seem to enjoy working with elderly people. There is a strong culture of caring and willingness to help. You notice immediately that everyone smiles, from the cleaners to the excellent carers. Their kindness helped my Mum recover and now she is fit and able to return to independent living again as we had all hoped. I am extremely grateful to Charters for their understanding and appreciation of what it takes to get someone back on their feet again.

How likely would you be to recommend Charters Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Overall I happy with the service provided. I do feel the attitude of some staff members needs to be improved as well as their skills and the way they deal with residents. I do not feel care plans are read when new staff are on duty and they do not seem to know what residents needs are, what they like or do not like, general information that is very important to the residents care.

How likely would you be to recommend Charters Court Care Home? Likely

Alistair Betts, Regional Manager at Charters Court Care Home responded to this review on 14 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your feedback which we welcome. We are always keen to know of the experiences that people have of our services and we will look at the points you have raised.

Submit a Review for Charters Court Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Residential bed in a 15 bed residential suite and nursing bed in nursing suite. Single rooms all with en-suite shower facility.

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Charters Court Care Home