Belmont House

75 Worcester Road, Sutton SM2 6ND

Belmont House Nursing and Care Home provides residential, nursing and dementia care for up to 60 residents, including trial stays, short stay and convalescent care.

CQC rated Belmont House 'Good' across the board for the inspection in January 2018.

The home is conveniently located in the ancient parish of Sutton and has been designed around the needs of its residents. Residents can benefit from first class accommodation, with a range of communal areas for socialising and activities. State-of-the-art facilities include a bistro area, private dining room, cinema, hair salon, quiet lounges and activity rooms.

Landscaped gardens designed by Caring Home's own Chelsea Flower Show gold winning designer include a sunny courtyard, ideal for reading and relaxing with friends and family.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Arthur Tanare (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Sutton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Belmont House: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Belmont House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 37 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Belmont House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.705 for Belmont House is calculated as follows: ( (329 Excellents x 5) + (77 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) + (4 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 424 Ratings = 4.705

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Belmont House is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 1.000

9.7 Belmont House has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.705) from 37 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Belmont House?

Reviewer Connection to Belmont House

• Relative of Resident/Service User

Mum has just moved into Belmont House and everything is great. Mum has dementia and the staff treat her with care, kindness and a full understanding of her disease. The food is lovely and always presented well and the staff take time with all the patients to make sure they eat.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

I visited my friend who was a new resident and found the people who worked in the care home all very welcoming and pleasant. My friend was having her hair done and we waited in the reception area where we were offered tea and coffee and delicious cake. The home was clean and modern and my friend is very happy there. I look forward to seeing more of the home on my next visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Likely

I had a bad experience with care homes when my father was placed into one supposedly offering end of life care, in which he later died. I was determined that my mother would not suffer the same fate, so my wife and I spent many weekends visiting care homes and by also speaking to both guests and staff. I chose the best establishment I could find Belmont House, 75 Worcester Road, Sutton SM2 6ND. I can now say that my mother has improved both cognitively and physically to a remarkable level. The management and staff are superb and really excel in all parts of the care process. They gave me my mum back!

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

This has to be the best care home I have ever seen and I have seen a few over the years of work. My friend is well taken care of and is truly a different person now they have totally restored her dignity. This home is the best for motivation, activity and nursing care. It is like a big family of client and staff as well as visitors.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

My husband has spent his last weeks in this lovely nursing home.

Nothing was too much trouble to make his last days comfortable, even ordering a larger bed.

Food was always enjoyable with plenty of different menus.

The manager had a room available for me for the last days of his life.

I would recommend this nursing home to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

My dad stayed for a week over the Christmas period and from the moment we arrived we were made to feel most welcome. The staff were friendly and attentive and my dad settled in very quickly and really enjoyed for his stay.

We visited several care homes and it was a relief to find such a caring place for Dad to stay and find a short stay in hospital and chose Belmont House again because they offered all the care and facilities my dad needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

From the moment our family interacted with Belmont House, they could not have been more helpful and more supportive. The nursing staff were amazing and the management did whatever they could to help. The carers tried so hard to help and went out of their way to accommodate too.

Excellent all round!

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

My 96-year-old mother spent the last 6 weeks of her life in Belmont House where the care was exemplary. The staff not only looked after her but were painstaking in their care and concern for us, her family. We were made welcome at any time of day or night and they did all they could to make our mother's last few weeks as comfortable as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

My brother spent the last 6 weeks of his life in Belmont House. The room was lovely and the staff were very warm and caring. His pain medication was very well monitored and any help he needed was always available very quickly. More importantly, he was always treated with the utmost respect and both he and his visitors warmly treated. It is always a very difficult time, but we were very impressed with the whole team and the lengths they went to to ensure more able residents had interesting activities to enjoy on a regular basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

My mother was in Belmont House from the day it opened to August 2017.
She was suffering from Parkinson's.
The home was excellent.
Food - excellent and the care was above excellent. Always made me feel very welcome as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

I have visited my friend several times in the last 3 months and the staff have always been vigilant to her needs and demands.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

Chose this home for its location, comfort and facilities when recovering from an operation. The staff were so helpful and friendly to me and my family and friends, nothing is too much trouble.
Would use again if required.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

Delightful home (+coffee) whilst my friend finished her lunch. Beautiful new home - building up numbers. Friend treated with dignity and courtesy.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Don't know

I am visiting my father from Australia. I am very impressed with the nursing home and the staff and the care my father is being given.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Belmont House for nearly three months, she has taken time to settle but my husband and I have been very impressed with the level of care and kindness she has received. The staff at every level have responded to all our requests. Medical care has been speedy and concerns raised and dealt with. The receptionist and the clinical lead have been most impressive and sensitive to our needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

When I asked about my father's sleep pattern, activities or anything else, the favourite response was "I don't know I have just come on shift". No one even noticed my father's feet had swollen to at least twice the size! They insisted that because he was a respite client they could not call their on-call doctor. My father gained weight and despite asking everyone I met not to let him keep eating (as he has dementia he forgets) they continued to give him cake biscuits and orange juice - A lot of the time the two staff they had on my father's landing were dealing with other clients and my father could not remember where his room was and didn't know where there was a loo, therefore, he had several accidents. The first time one member of staff said loudly and in front of other people "he has had an accident, that's what that smell is". I feel most of the staff do not have a caring background and if they do they need to change their career. Absolutely no stimulation whatever.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Unlikely

Kay Wainwright, Home Manager at Belmont House responded to this review on 23 May 2017:

We are sorry you were not happy with your father’s recent respite stay at Belmont House. The health and well being of all our residents is our absolute priority and our staff have continued training in order to provide this. Please feel free to contact the home manager if you wish to discuss any of the points raised in more detail.

Attentive staff with good facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Likely

I visited my old friend at Belmont House and was pleasantly surprised to find her happily in first class accommodation more which is more like a luxury hotel than a care home. So much thought and care have gone into the needs of all the residents (too many to list here) one needs to it for oneself. I don't know the financial details but if I could afford it, I would love to find a place like that should the need ever arise. The staff, in particular, deserve every praise for their care and attention.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

The staff are very helpful and caring. They always seem happy and interact well with the residents. The rooms are very comfortable and always kept clean. The food is very good and well presented. All the residents seem happy and content.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

Following her admission in August 2016 and despite a short spell in hospital, my 102-year-old mother has prospered thanks to the care and support of the nursing and other staff at the home. I visit care homes as part of my work and I feel Belmont House is among the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

The receptionist, all carers and staff are exceptionally friendly. The home is really clean and tidy. Meals are excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

After a shaky start, the home now has reliable staff and is well managed. The quality and variety of food is of a high.
Good standard of furniture and fittings.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Likely

Since I arrived as the No1 resident, things have improved, various grumbles have been sorted and being seen to, only the catering could be better but is getting there. Management and staff always helpful and polite. I am very happy here since the day I arrived with my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Likely

Carol Marsh, Home Manager at Belmont House responded to this review on 26 Jan 2017:

We really appreciate your feedback. At Belmont House we pride ourselves on providing outstanding choices and quality produce when creating a healthy and varied menu, meeting the needs of every resident’s individual dietary requirements, we hold monthly meetings with the chef to ensure we continually meet these standards. We always welcome the opportunity to review and improve upon what we offer and hope you will share your thoughts with us in the home.

My sister has been in Belmont House since it opened in July 2016. There were a few teething problems bit it is now much improved.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

Carol Marsh, Home Manager at Belmont House responded to this review on 24 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review Belmont House. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver safe, high quality care and facilities. We always take time to understand the needs and interests of our residents and pride ourselves on providing outstanding choices when meeting the needs of every resident’s individual requirements. Your feedback is appreciated as our Manager continues to work hard ensuring we meet and exceed the expectations of those we support, relatives and care professionals. We welcome the opportunity to review and improve upon what we offer and hope you will continue to share your thoughts with us in the home.

My mother went into Belmont House the first week of opening, unfortunately, it was very disappointing. Lots of teething problems. Two months in management was changed and things have really improved. I can really see a great improvement and I am confident this will continue.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Likely

Thank you for taking the time to review Belmont House. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver safe, high-quality care and facilities. We always take the time to understand the needs and interests of our residents and pride ourselves on providing outstanding choices when meeting the needs of every resident’s individual requirements. Your feedback is appreciated as our Manager continues to work hard ensuring we meet and exceed the expectations of those we support, relatives and care professionals. We welcome the opportunity to review and improve upon what we offer and hope you will continue to share your thoughts with us in the home.

First time visiting my uncle who has been in the home for 3 weeks, very impressed with the facilities and cleanliness of the home. The staff were very helpful. It was like coming into a hotel. My uncle appears to be happy and has settled in well. As a nurse myself I am very impressed.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

Personnel were polite and helpful, rooms well equipped and airy. Food tasty and diverse.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

Very nice décor, calm and peaceful. Rooms well decorated and clean. Pleasant atmosphere with polite and caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

Generally, the home is good. Day staff are pretty good, nice and cheerful, there is always a bad apple. At night there is one person that is banging the doors when leaving, this is not only mine, you hear others from a distance. Some of them are not very polite, and others make me a hot drink, Horlicks or milk which is most welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Likely

Carol Marsh, Home Manager at Belmont House responded to this review on 19 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review Belmont House. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver safe, high-quality care and facilities. We always take time to understand the needs and interests of our residents and pride ourselves on providing outstanding choices when meeting the needs of every resident’s individual requirements. The new manager listens to all concerns raised and is working hard to make her team aware of how they are perceived to ensure a happy homely environment. We always welcome the opportunity to review and improve upon what we offer and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Lovely brand new home, staff are very friendly. Grounds look nice, plenty of parking spaces. A really great looking place. Would recommend to anyone looking for a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

First impression - very nice reception area, gardens and grounds, well maintained. Staff very friendly and attentive. Lounge areas very cosy and the food looks very tasty. Rooms well planned out and comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

Lovely environment, with welcoming staff. Residents observed to be treated individually and with dignity and respect. Memory boxes outside each resident's bedrooms were a beautiful personal touch.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Likely

It is very early days as my father only came to Belmont House on 30th December 2016, but we have been very impressed with the standard of facilities, quality of care and general attitude of staff. The staff including the clinical and general managers put themselves out and nothing is too much trouble. We look forward to continuing to build on the relationship already developed.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

It was very difficult to leave my late cousin's widow at the home. She has dementia and you feel guilty about leaving her care to someone else. However, the staff were great and put us at ease allowing us to leave her in good hands. Due to everyone's effort, she settled quickly and we felt so much better. The conditions are excellent which is a great help.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

Fantastic. From the moment you park, you know. Benefiting from a brand new building the staff match the quality of the surroundings. So friendly that my Aunt is already settled after 48 hours. This is such a relief for my parents knowing that they've made the right decision. I can't wait to visit, that says it all.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

Belmont House is a happy and welcoming place for residents and relatives alike. I cannot fault the care and devotion of all the staff.
I feel completely confident that my Mothers needs are addressed.
The environment is thoughtfully designed, however, the Manager and staff are the stars of the show.
I thank them all from the bottom of my heart.

How likely would you be to recommend Belmont House? Extremely Likely

New home only opened 11th of July 2016. So far it's a beautiful, friendly, clean and caring place. Residents are well cared for, also relatives and friends we well received by the very cheerful and smiling staff. The place is like a 5-star hotel. Meals are good and supervised by the very caring staff. No bad feedback so far. Excellent place to be.

Submit a Review for Belmont House

posted 08 May 2018

Please call 0808 223 5407 or email enquiries@caringhomes.org for further information on the current Bed Vacancies at Belmont House.

December 2016

Arthur

Arthur Tanare

As the Home Manager, I have a qualified nursing background from Philippines. I ensure the effective delivery of high holistic person-centred care in a safe environment. I lead by example, creating a culture of continuous learning and development and the team are encouraged and valued ensuring all aspects of care can be maintained to the highest standards in accordance to Caring Homes philosophy.

I enjoy all aspects of my job, although there are many challenges on a day to day basis, working with a team who provide high standards of person centred care to residents to ensure they have a fulfilled, engaged and happy environment to live always makes me happy.

I have been working in the care industry all my working life starting as a Psychiatric Nurse for 5 years and A&E Nurse for almost 3 years. I worked as a General Nurse for 2 years, working my way up to Senior Nurse. I began work in care homes as Head of Care before quickly becoming a Deputy Manager and then being promoted to Home Manager and then Senior Home Manager.

I have been involved in the commissioning of a new home and understand the challenges that can be encountered. I enjoy the day to day challenges of running a care home, working with many professionals, internally and externally and building those relationships with and for Belmont house. I continue to learn and develop and no day is ever the same which makes everything so worthwhile.

My experience and passion for the role I perform is to lead by example, ensuring the home follows all policies and procedures to provide a highly skilled team to enhance the residents lives so they have the most fulfilled life they can have with a leader who is driven to outstanding care.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belmont House