Group: Avery Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Rachael Adams (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 102 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Rivermere Care Home: click here

8.7 Rivermere Care Home has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.656)

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Rivermere Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Rivermere Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.2 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.411 for Rivermere Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (64 Excellents x 5) + (35 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) + (6 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 107 Ratings = 4.411

The 4.245 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Rivermere Care Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 20.4 positive Reviews (102 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 20.4 Target = 0.245

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Rivermere Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Rivermere Care Home

Rivermere Care Home is an amazing place. All the staff are friendly caring and professional, there is always a welcome smile for residents and relatives. The staff are genuinely caring and concerned about the comfort and happiness of all the residents. There are frequent trips out all carefully thought out to provide a pleasant experience for everybody, there are daily classes providing stimulation and often resulting in fun and laughter.
The level of cleanliness is unbeatable, the rooms are beautiful and the food excellent. The staff offer support and go out of their way to reassure relatives and are happy to help in any way they can. During the first weeks of my mothers stay staff would often ring me in the evening to reassure me that mum was quite settled and chatting to residents, I was so pleased and really appreciated this kind gesture typical of the whole ethos of Rivermere.

How likely would you be to recommend Rivermere Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visited with a friend whose grandmother is a resident at the home. The home is warm and friendly and there was a great sense of family approach. The staff were kind and caring and all the residents appeared to be happy. We were invited to join my friend's grandmother for afternoon tea and this was a selection of homemade cakes that were delicious.

How likely would you be to recommend Rivermere Care Home? Extremely Likely

My brother has been a resident for 3 months and has settled very well. He has dementia and as his sister, I act as an advocate for his well-being as he is not always able to explain his needs. Staff have all demonstrated kindness and understanding towards him and a friendly and helpful approach towards me and other family members.

In spite of being in the throes of a major refurbishment, everyone is always welcoming and staff will always respond cheerfully to queries and requests. He enjoys the meals and the company at mealtimes, though it is always possible for residents to have room service. When the refurbishment is complete the environment and amenities should be ideal.

How likely would you be to recommend Rivermere Care Home? Likely

Excellent staff. Very welcoming. Very clean. Great care.

How likely would you be to recommend Rivermere Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother recently moved up to the reminiscence floor of the home as her dementia has gotten worse. All staff members are very caring towards my mother and also very helpful to her and me. They keep me informed at all times when I cannot visit. I feel she is in very safe hands. She has also started to join in with more activities, like going out on the bus, and seems happier all around. I visit every week and know she can get agitated but the carers always calm her down. I have eaten at the home and the meals are excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Rivermere Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother had dementia and was moved by the management (with a number of other residents) when Sunrise of Sevenoaks received an unfavourable Quality Commission Assessment. Since leaving Sunrise, she has thrived at a new care home. She has put on weight and is SO much better looked after by the staff at her new care home. When we first went to Sunrise, there was a good senior management, but over the 3 years she was there, those staff left and the care standards dropped significantly. Do your homework before you use this care home and do not be hoodwinked by the 5* comfort, which is no good without the professional care of staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Rivermere Care Home? Extremely Unlikely

Overall Standard: Very Poor

Care / Support: Very Poor

Treated with Dignity: Very Poor

Staff: Very Poor

Management: Very Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

Everything is good for my mother who obviously at 94 years old, goes up and down. I get good amount of confidence from the staff here. I ask for water checks if i thing she needs one and it gets done, sometimes before I ask it has been done. I am very pleased that my mother is in this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Rivermere Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife and I became residents of Sunrise of Sevenoaks in 2011. My wife required nursing care and received excellent attention until her death in 2013. I am reasonably fit and have remained at Sunrise where I live a comfortable and independent life, and benefit from high standards of catering and housekeeping and the companionship of other residents I am very content.

How likely would you be to recommend Rivermere Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother moved into Sunrise living in October and after an initial settling period has improved no end.
She has dementia, but has lost a lot of the anxiety. This has decreased and she is making friends and joining in activities which I never thought would happen. The care, facilities and treatment of my mother have been excellent.

Submit a Review for Rivermere Care Home

Wendy

Wendy Pike

My passion is elderly care and I want every resident at Sunrise to have a fulfilled life whilst being cared for in comfortable and safe surroundings.

Gemma

Gemma Weldon

Job Title: Assisted Living Co-ordinator

I am a qualified nurse and have worked for Sunrise since 2007. I am very passionate about the care we provide and it is rewarding to see how we make a real difference to our residents' lives.

We work hard to make sure all of our residents are treated with respect and dignity whilst promoting independence and individuality through person-centred care.

Phil

Phil Tucker

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-ordinator

I first appeared on stage at the age of 7 and progressed professionally through clubs, theatres and television as an actor and singer. I then spent nearly 30 years on cruise liners as a Cruise Director with Chandris, Fred Olsen and P&O.

Having taken very early retirement from the sea, I looked for a career where I could still entertain and bring a little happiness into peoples lives. Then I found Sunrise and, after five years, I am still amazed at how much like a cruise ship it is!

I love to plan and organise a varied programme of activities and events and get a real buzz of satisfaction and achievement when I see our seniors just having fun, laughing and even learning new skills.

I still get to sing, dance and make our residents smile and hope to do so for many more years! I consider myself very lucky to be doing a job I love.

Stephanie

Stephanie Seale

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

As the first point of contact with families I am proud to invite people to a tour of our community and make sure they leave with all the relevant information, having experienced Sunrise in action.

Our most rewarding aspect is supporting families and seniors and being able to guide and counsel them on what can be an emotional experience. We feel privileged to help in the journey towards making the decision to join our community and, then, seeing new residents flourish and make new friends is the ultimate reward.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Rivermere Care Home